Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread: The Bucs actually drafted a kicker in the second round.

The only bad thing about Clemson winning is Dabo Swinny's awful views getting more light.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I didn't really have a dog in the fight so it doesn't matter to me who won.

But please for the love of GOD next year can we PLEASE have someone other than Alabama and Clemson? My favorite team will probably never have a chance because it isn't power 5 and the school I went to beat Alabama the previous 2 seasons before this one.
    I believe USC will be in the playoffs next year. We lose several seniors but most of our defense players are returning. There's always recruiting in a few weeks.

Oh yeah and Darnold.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    The only bad thing about Clemson winning is Dabo Swinny's awful views getting more light.
    For the love of God, do you have to whine on this thread too? Look at it this way, did anyone really want to see Saban hold up another trophy?
    I believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I can't thank Him enough for all He has done in my life.

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us that are saved it is the power of God.-First Corinthians 1:18

The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?-Jeremiah 7:9

Heart problems? Go to God.

And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.-Ezekiel 36:26

I have a feeling the Packers will lose to Dallas next week. I think that Dallas will most likely end up in the Superbowl against the Patriots.

Ok let's try this again, because last week was all types of Charles Barkley "terrible." 2-2

Predictions sure to go wrooong yeeahh:

Seattle at Atlanta - Seattle 23, Atlanta 27
    Houston at New England - Houston 16, New England 34
    Pittsburgh at Kansas City - Pittsburgh 27, Kansas City 20
    Green Bay at Dallas - Green Bay 24, Dallas 27

Time for the Boys to get their revenge from 2 yrs ago, ya know...the "catch" that wasn't a "catch." Just keep feeding Zeke the ball, which will keep Rodgers off the field, and you shall be victorious! Can't wait to have my Dez jersey on and make the X when he gets in the endzone for a TD.

Credit for the banner goes to Satomine Night!
    - Also a member of Serena The Kalos Queen Fan Club, Serena4ever!

Chargers are all but set to move to LA. Will be announced no earlier than tomorrow.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
    GeekChicShipping National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman4 View Post
    For the love of God, do you have to whine on this thread too? Look at it this way, did anyone really want to see Saban hold up another trophy?
    Sorry I think college players should be compensated in some way.

Chargers are all but set to move to LA. Will be announced no earlier than tomorrow.
    They won't even be the 4th most popular football team in LA.

[QUOTE=bobjr;18320515]Sorry I think college players should be compensated in some way.

They are compensated, it's called a scholarship. I'd practically do anything for a free college degree.

Alright folks, I'm calling it–Packers and Patriots play for the super bowl. The best two NFL QBs face off.
    Pokeshipping Forever!

I offer my condolences to SD fans. Spanos is a cheap coward, he should've sell this team to somebody who would've helped SD get their own stadium.

Raiders are also on the verge of going to Las Vegas. Sad week for both Oakland and San Diego residents.

[QUOTE=ThePokemonmaster11;18320529]
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    Sorry I think college players should be compensated in some way.

They are compensated, it's called a scholarship. I'd practically do anything for a free college degree.
    It's not a guaranteed thing. Plus it often restricts them from food, and injury can really mess them up. There's also the matter of video games getting to use their likeness without their consent. They don't have to make NFL money, but considering the revenue they give the school they deserve some of it.

I realized the Raiders are going to play in LA again...

...as a visiting team.
    Last edited by Genos; 12th January 2017 at 4:09 AM.

[QUOTE=bobjr;18320541]
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePokemonmaster11 View Post

It's not a guaranteed thing. Plus it often restricts them from food, and injury can really mess them up. There's also the matter of video games getting to use their likeness without their consent. They don't have to make NFL money, but considering the revenue they give the school they deserve some of it.
    A fair point. I've always seen both sides. I'd hate to further erode the team atmosphere by further commercializing (for lack of a better word) things and I like the olden days of Bo Schembechler "the team, the team, the team" but it seems pretty sucky when you hear about coaches that suddenly yank away scholarships and the use of college athletes without compensation.

Raiders to Las Vegas, is it strange that I think that it is a REALLY bad idea to put football players in Las Vegas? It seems like you're asking for off-field issues by putting young twenty-somethings and thirty-somethings in Las Vegas.
    Last edited by ThePokemonmaster11; 12th January 2017 at 4:18 AM.
    Pokeshipping Forever!

Dean Spanos is even handing off the team to deal with the fallout. It's like he knows Jed York is in the same state so he has to really try to be the worst NFL owner.

Lol this video is pure gold.

https://youtu.be/KWEqEv6ftM4

Clemson's game winning touchdown with Titanic - My Heart Will Go On playing. What a perfect video. I don't feel bad for Nick Saban or Alabama fans.

It's official, the Chargers are moving to LA.

Their new logo? Looks boring as heck

Oh hey the Dodgers are playing football now.

It should also be noted that the Chargers still haven't given the LA Rams or the NFL any real plans about the move.

The only thing that concerns me is that the Chargers plan on playing in a 30K seat stadium for 2 years. They could play in the Rose Bowl, which has never had an NFL team for a tenant before, the only real NFL action it has ever seen is a few Super Bowls.
    -----
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

Really dumb move and screws over longtime charger fans.

I wonder if now the SDSU Aztecs will utilize Qualcomm Stadium's full capacity for its home football games
    -----

That new logo looks extremely generic lol. The old Chargers logo at least looked cool.

Alright, with the NFL draft being about three months away and there being a plethora of running backs this year in the draft–how would you rank the RB prospects?

I've gotta rank them like this: Cook (he played well against the stellar Michigan D), Fournette, McCaffrey, Gallman
    Pokeshipping Forever!

The first Chargers-Rams game as an all-LA showdown will occur in 2018. The only real opportunity for it to be in primetime might be on Thursday night. And thankfully the Rams will be the home team so the game will be at the Coliseum ensuring a large crowd.

By 2018, I'd like the entire Thursday night package split between CBS, NBC and ABC with each getting 6 games (all 18 simulcast on NFL Network), ABC's games coming very late in the season when their regular Thursday night shows go on hiatus. If this happens, the Chargers-Rams game should be one of the first TNF games to air on ABC, which has aired an all-LA NFL game only once - a Raiders-Rams game on a Monday night a few nights before Xmas in 1985 (which was a very big game in that time as both teams were playoff bound that year, the entire city shut down the day of the game most likely, it helped that schools were on Xmas break).
    -----

The LA Galaxy also has first rights over the stadium, so the Chargers have to listen to them first.

And the logo has apparently been in development for a year. But they have to keep the Chargers name until 2018, so maybe they're just waiting for a new name.

Rams have announced Sean McVay as their new head coach. Crazy that he's only 30 years old. Wade Philips also signed with the Rams as their DC.

Saw positive reactions to this. I'm excited to see what they will do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    Rams have announced Sean McVay as their new head coach. Crazy that he's only 30 years old. Wade Philips also signed with the Rams as their DC.

Saw positive reactions to this. I'm excited to see what they will do here.
    Well for their sake, I hope McVay doesn't turn out like Lane Kiffin with the Raiders, but then again Al Davis was a bit crazy at the time lol.

Credit for the banner goes to Satomine Night!
    - Also a member of Serena The Kalos Queen Fan Club, Serena4ever!

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast