Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread: The Bucs actually drafted a kicker in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I like Williams, but he doesn't look like a true #1 WR who'll dictate coverages and take over games -- more of a possession or underneath receiver. Then again, with the speed of Perriman and Wallace elsewhere, that could be exactly the complement the Ravens need. I do like Davis a lot better, though, but obviously if any teams agree with me he'll never make it to #16.
    Yeah, that is exactly the kind of receiver the Ravens are lacking now with Steve Smith and Kamar Aiken gone, we have plenty of speedy WRs that can stretch the field with Wallace, Perriman, and Moore but no one who can reliably make the shorter catches. If Williams is around at 16 he'd be a steal, but I don't see him being around by then. Davis is also a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

“Running out of sympathy for 35 yr old, so-called victims with 7 digit net worth,” Penn State trustee Albert Lord wrote in an email to the Chronicle of Higher Education. “Do not understand why they were so prominent in trial. As you learned, Graham Spanier never knew Sandusky abused anyone.”
    Penn State should have gotten the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    Penn State should have gotten the death penalty.
    I agree. Sandusky is horrible, and even Joe Paterno knew what was going on. What went on for so many years is truly horrifying and sick. Running out of sympathy? Albert Lord is a douche nozzle.

Tony Romo is officially retiring. If we're just looking at actual QB play, Romo is #2 behind Staubach for the Cowboys. The difference is Romo wasted his peak years playing for garbage coaches in the "Drunk Jerry GM" era instead of playing for Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson. By the time Garrett improved to league average and Jerry had started cutting back making personnel decisions while wasted on Johnnie Walker Blue Label, Romo's bones were pretzel sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    Tony Romo is officially retiring. If we're just looking at actual QB play, Romo is #2 behind Staubach for the Cowboys. The difference is Romo wasted his peak years playing for garbage coaches in the "Drunk Jerry GM" era instead of playing for Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson. By the time Garrett improved to league average and Jerry had started cutting back making personnel decisions while wasted on Johnnie Walker Blue Label, Romo's bones were pretzel sticks.
    I'm GrizzlyB and I approve this post and/or comment.

Also, he's replacing Phil Simms CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Romo is not on the Broncos, and I don't have to listen to Pheel on a weekly basis -- all of my wildest dreams are coming true!

The only real question I have is why did he get a top broadcasting spot with no real experience, and without any huge signs he would get it. We don't want another Warren Sapp incident.

Yeah, that is sketchy. Sounds like TV people think pretty highly of his ability to break down and discuss football, but if they're so sure of his ability to walk in off the field and speak on live national TV every week (often twice a week, actually), it begs the question of why CBS waited until this point to do anything about their #1/#2 color guys being Simms/Fouts. Of course, they did keep Mike Carey on-air for several years, with hilarious results, so maybe all of this is just a reflection of bad judgment.

Is the Warren Sapp incident the one where he beat up a hooker at the Super Bowl, or is that just part of the series?

Sounds like a decision made by out of touch network heads that don't know **** about football and just wanted someone recognizable to bring in ratings. Pretty sure younger fans don't know half the people currently doing announcing, it wouldn't be surprising if Romo is there to draw in those viewers by having someone they actually know.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 6th April 2017 at 4:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The Cowboys are Daks team now anyways.

This football season will be interesting. Michigan will have a very tough football schedule. The Lions took leaps last season, so hopefully they can take some more leaps this seaaon.

Trojans have no bye week this upcoming season. This team is gonna play nonstop!

And the Rams did fairly well in the Free Agency. I like the McVay hire.

Next Saturday I'll be going to the Michigan football spring game if things go as planned. I actually don't have to work next Saturday. It will be nice too because the drive will only take an hour instead of three hours since I live a little bit closer to Ann Arbor now. Michigan will have a tough schedule next season. They kick off the season against Florida. Michigan is 3-0 versus Florida. Hopefully they can make it 4-0 over Florida.

St. Louis has sued the NFL due to the Rams relocation. This will be interesting to see because they can't settle, otherwise San Diego and Oakland would follow.

I'm about to take a nice trip to Ann Arbor. Time to watch some spring Michigan football! I'm pumped to see what this year's team will look like. This will be an interesting year GO BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I'm about to take a nice trip to Ann Arbor. Time to watch some spring Michigan football! I'm pumped to see what this year's team will look like. This will be an interesting year GO BLUE!
    It was beautiful weather this weekend. Hope you had fun at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    It was beautiful weather this weekend. Hope you had fun at the game.
    I had a good time. I sat in the North Endzone. It was an entertaining game. There's a lot of new faces out there on both offense and defense. This will be an interesting season. Michigan will be a very young team. Opening up with Florida will be a good challenge for them.

Tom Brady is just like Kobe Bryant,both have many rings but are far from being the greatest player ever in their own sport,there's many players that have less rings or no rings but were still great players.

Brady's case for goat won't hold up 10 to 20 years from now because no one is going to put him up there with guys like Michael Jordan or Muhammad Ali.For comparisons we should do player vs player without mentioning rings and just compare their individual achievements and stats.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...flow%3Atwitter

Tom Brady might not be that good of a person.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233