Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,035 of 1035

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread: We don't huddle anymore in our society.

Oakland has given Jon Gruden a 10 year, $100 million deal to coach the Raiders: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...47222214381568
    As somebody who is a fan of Kansas City, I am totally a-okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePokemonmaster11 View Post
    Well, we lost–who’s got it better than us?
    Yeah, part of how much I care about the football team died a bit this year. I have no doubt Harbaugh will succeed and have a glory season(s), but all these close losses in big games just take their toll. Hopefully the streak of bad luck and choking just ends.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Oakland has given Jon Gruden a 10 year, $100 million deal to coach the Raiders: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...47222214381568
    As somebody who is a fan of Kansas City, I am totally a-okay with this.
    Definitely don't think this is worth at all, but maybe the Gruden hype will actually deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin View Post
    Yeah, part of how much I care about the football team died a bit this year. I have no doubt Harbaugh will succeed and have a glory season(s), but all these close losses in big games just take their toll. Hopefully the streak of bad luck and choking just ends.

Definitely don't think this is worth at all, but maybe the Gruden hype will actually deliver.
    The playcalling again South Carolina was just awful. I’ve seen high school teams call better plays. I watched that game and could pretty much tell you what Michigan was going to run each time they lined up. They threw deep on first down, ran up the middle on second down, and threw deep or ran up the middle on third down. If I knew that was coming, imagine how easy it was for South Carolina’s defensive coordinator.

You should see the headlines at the Detroit Free Press.

Gruden only won a Super Bowl because he inherited Tony Dungy’s building project. Dungy held the Greatest Show on Turf to seven points in the playoffs but couldn’t score. They had a bad offense because they lacked a decent QB. Tim Brown and Jerry Rice have more recently claimed that the game strategy was changed one day prior to facing Tampa in the Super Bowl as well, hinting at bad game management by the coaching staff or them throwing the game.

We’ll see if the hire pays off for the Raiders.
    Pokeshipping Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePokemonmaster11 View Post
    The playcalling again South Carolina was just awful. I’ve seen high school teams call better plays. I watched that game and could pretty much tell you what Michigan was going to run each time they lined up. They threw deep on first down, ran up the middle on second down, and threw deep or ran up the middle on third down. If I knew that was coming, imagine how easy it was for South Carolina’s defensive coordinator.
    Honestly playcalling didn't matter. Even with that scheme, we were up by 16, and then....as we've become all-too familiar with in the last six years, we choked. I know the team is young, but the OL needs to be coached well so our QBs aren't scared and under pressure. Of course, QB play has to improve as well. Better O-line and quarterback and at least 2 or 3 of those 5 losses become wins.

Well that's the end of Rams season. Gotta give the Falcons credit for a tough match. This was our first playoff game in years and the team is still young. We still have a great chemistry together. Now hurry up and give Donald a big contract. Watkins too.

I was expecting at least a 9-3 or 8-4 season for Michigan. I didn't think they would lose 5 games. I knew the team was going to be extremely young. Next season everyone is basically coming back. Even Chase Winovich is returning, and Rashan Gary. Michigan's schedule will be tough, but if these young players grow up like they're supposed to Michigan should have a pretty good season. Especially if Shae Patterson can play. I just hope the dude lives up to the hype. Hopefully he can fit in this offense. He reminds me of Johnny Football. I just hope he doesn't end up having the same off the field problems like Johnny Football....

The South Carolina loss was brutal. The defense looked great, but the offense stunk things up like they have all season. This team has a lot of growing up to do. Next year will be Harbaugh's 4th season. It's time to see big time results. I just witnessed Alabama win a Natty with a freshman backup quarterback. I can't keep using the "Michigan is too young excuse" every season. We really need to see good results next season.

I know Alabama is Alabama, but still. Michigan is recruiting high caliber talent like Alabama does....It's time to see results....Eventually....
    Last edited by Hunter Zolomon; 11th January 2018 at 12:32 AM.

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

This year was a setback for Northern college football as a whole, by not having any Northern teams in the playoff at all. We now have reached 3 consecutive seasons without a Northern team scoring in the playoff after OSU won the title in 2014. The Northern Power 5 teams have really got to step up next year. Not just the Big Ten, but the Northern teams in the ACC and Big 12, and Missouri and Notre Dame. The Irish, Kansas State and Iowa State all had decent seasons last year. Can they make serious playoff runs next year?

Seems like Northern teams can succeed at every level of college football but the top (Midwestern teams won the FCS, D3 and NAIA football titles).
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 11th January 2018 at 1:37 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May, Clemont (Bonnie)'s Dedenne/Sophocles' Togedemaru

GeekChicShipping National Anthem
    Embrace your inner darkness

That Vikings vs Saints game was insane!

Vikings vs Eagles in the NFC Championship game.
    Jaguars vs Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

This will be fun.

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

I have to admit today's games were a lot of fun.

How Same Old Lions would it be for them to have declared Matt Patricia is their guy only for him to turn down the job?
    I believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I can't thank Him enough for all He has done in my life.

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us that are saved it is the power of God.-First Corinthians 1:18

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142