Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 126

Thread: How do you feel about current Cartoon Network? v.2

  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    9,177

    Default

    Adventure Time to end in 2018.

    Very overdue but it's still a ways to go. Enjoy it while you can.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

    Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

    Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

  2. #27

    Default

    With how Cartoon Network's treated it in recent years, i'm not surprised.

    Plus it'll be 8 years old by the time it ends, it's it time. Not to say it won't be sad to see it go, but it's time.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Po Town
    Posts
    7,297

    Default

    I barely watch it. They ruined Teen Titans, Powerpuf Girls, and now they're ruining Ben 10..... my favorite show.And good luck catching reruns of their decent shows, all they play is that TT GO crap.

    Regular Show was the only show I stuck to loving and it's ending. So I guess the only good show left is We Bare Bears. SU is overrated garbage imo. Never gave Clarence a chance, and Adventure Time got weird once Finn got that sword which was an alt version of him..... and Gumball was good, I just never recorded anymore after my DVR reset and made me have to set everything to record again completely forgot about it.

    Thank god Uncle Grandpa is getting axed though, how the heck did it last more than one season? It was stupid.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    408

    Default

    1.Ed Edd N Eddy
    2.Dexter's Laboratory
    3.Courage the Cowardly Dog
    4.The Powerpuff Girls
    5.Johnny Bravo
    6.Samurai Jack
    7.Teen Titans
    8.Codename: Kids Next Door
    9.The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
    10.Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Penn., USA
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Cartoon Network absolutely sucks. The only thing I can watch on there anymore is literally Gumball/SU. I honestly hate everything else.

    The thing that CN needs to do is get away from the crappy gag shows and get some action on there. Think A:TLA or original Teen Titans/B10

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    867

    Default

    I hate it, only because of 2 things:
    1. 11 minute cartoons( that's why I kinda feel that they will cancel SM anime because of length)
    2. Almost all cartoons produced by CN are kinda same in art-design..

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    9,177

    Default

    So I've been going and looking Cartoon Network's daily schedule, and it's looking like Teen Titans Go is finally being dramatically toned down. Granted it's still guaranteed 3 hours of air time (which is still utterly ridiculous) but it's getting a little better.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

    Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

    Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

  8. #33

    Default

    That's still pretty freaking terrible...

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    with my jackaboy
    Posts
    389

    Default

    i know right?
    their parody of people missing the anime was pretty hilarious
    one of the only good ones (that and 40% 40% 20%)
    but I really like su
    gumball is eeeh
    i had a undiserved biass against it cus I thought it was just one of those inappropiate kids shows
    my fizzy bubbles profile NOW ON UPN
    asb
    *highfives all 'round* *wapsh**wapsh*
    Pet's name: kawaii
    Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Cartoon Network was never really good to begin with, but now they've found ways to scrape the bottom of the barrel with shows like SU, TTG, and the like.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I can't thank Him enough for all He has done in my life.

    The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us that are saved it is the power of God.-First Corinthians 1:18

  11. #36

    Default

    dunno why people are complaining about CN rn

    they have the best cartoons and shows compared to last decade when things were declining.

    far better than lazlo and gym partner.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tflofasho View Post
    dunno why people are complaining about CN rn

    they have the best cartoons and shows compared to last decade when things were declining.

    far better than lazlo and gym partner.
    Because the current Era of CN just wasn't as great as the old cartoons we grew up with.I've watched a few episodes of Regular Show,Adventure Time,Steven Universe,and Amazing World of Gumball,they're all unique in their own way but they just weren't as funny and awesome as the shows I grew up with.I can also say the same thing about Nickelodeon.





  13. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    Because the current Era of CN just wasn't as great as the old cartoons we grew up with.I've watched a few episodes of Regular Show,Adventure Time,Steven Universe,and Amazing World of Gumball,they're all unique in their own way but they just weren't as funny and awesome as the shows I grew up with.I can also say the same thing about Nickelodeon.
    That's the nostalgia talking as well as your expectations not being met or surpassed. I'm almost 30, and I can tell you having growing up very critical about the media I watch, by the end of the day, it helps to appreciate what they're trying to go past and beyond what they're going for compared to their older and current competition.

    I would like something very progressive beyond what was given to us the past 16 years in the 2000's, but I like to keep moving forward and appreciate different kinds of stuff done for their time with the technology and funding resources available to them to make whatever it was they wanted to come and put out.

    But yeah, keep it simple. Think critically, but don't be too crazy hard or allow your expectations or biases get in the way. these things aren't as easy as they look when they compete with lots of other things out there. It's crazy real and tough out there yo.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Honestly I don't care much about it nowadays. However I think this is more just me getting older, so I wouldn't be able to tell how good it is
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    9,177

    Default



    Give it a watch, I strongly recommend it.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

    Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

    Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    435

    Default

    I don't usually watch CN nowadays. Most of my focus has been on gaming and writing my novel. However I still watch some of the older shows now and then. Ed, Edd n Eddy and Courage the Cowardly Dog are still very strong - even by today's standards, and I find Johnny Bravo more enjoyable as an adult than I did as a kid. I guess the only modern cartoon I still go back to would be Gravity Falls, but that's not a CN show so I don't think that counts. :P
    Latest Shiny: - 1164 SRs (Pt)

    Current Hunts: - 4000 SRs (FR/LG) | Route 114 - 6500 REs (R/S)


  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    I stopped watching it about two years ago. The only original shows airing at the time that were actually good were Steven Universe, Regular Show, Gumball, and Adventure Time. Titans Go was just starting and it had its moments but I didn't find it that memorable other than a few quotes. I didn't hate Titans Go like many fans of the original show do. I did see the rebooted Powerpuff Girls and I am highly disappointed with it and there are so many things that make no sense now such as why Princess is going to a public school when she always wants the best and is still implied to be rich. The network just got so bland with a lot of awful shows. Even Adult Swim, which I count as a separate channel, got boring aside from Toonami. If I watch any cartoons now, it's either online on YouTube or Discovery Kids for MLP, or TBS for new American Dad episodes.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog


  18. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post


    Give it a watch, I strongly recommend it.
    Okay so not a Saberspark fan.. At all.. But he made a lot of very good points, especially towards the end.

    You cannot ride off Teen Titans Go's success and make all your shows built around it's humor. PPG 2016 being the biggest offender.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tflofasho View Post
    That's the nostalgia talking as well as your expectations not being met or surpassed. I'm almost 30, and I can tell you having growing up very critical about the media I watch, by the end of the day, it helps to appreciate what they're trying to go past and beyond what they're going for compared to their older and current competition.

    I would like something very progressive beyond what was given to us the past 16 years in the 2000's, but I like to keep moving forward and appreciate different kinds of stuff done for their time with the technology and funding resources available to them to make whatever it was they wanted to come and put out.

    But yeah, keep it simple. Think critically, but don't be too crazy hard or allow your expectations or biases get in the way. these things aren't as easy as they look when they compete with lots of other things out there. It's crazy real and tough out there yo.
    It has nothing to do with nostalgia,I watched a few episodes of all of the current shows and just don't find any of them as great as the ones I grew up.

    Name me a show or shows of the current Era that compares with any of the following:

    -Dexter's Laboratory
    -Ed Edd N Eddy
    -Courage The Cowardly Dog
    -The Powerpuff Girls
    -Samurai Jack
    -Johnny Bravo
    -Teen Titans





  20. #45

    Default

    I don't really care for CN anymore especially since they seem to be in love with Teen Titans Go.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Am I the only one one finds Teen Titans Go good? Lol, I do get tired of watching it though

    Gumball will always be my favorite show on CN

    But nothing can beat SpongeBob, nope I still watch that show along with Tom and Jerry :P

    Credit to FairyWitch and her AMAZING shop! Seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ask her for a signature!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    It has nothing to do with nostalgia,I watched a few episodes of all of the current shows and just don't find any of them as great as the ones I grew up.

    Name me a show or shows of the current Era that compares with any of the following:

    -Dexter's Laboratory
    -Ed Edd N Eddy
    -Courage The Cowardly Dog
    -The Powerpuff Girls
    -Samurai Jack
    -Johnny Bravo
    -Teen Titans
    Adventure Time is very good and Gumball and Regular Show are similar to Ed Edd n Eddy's humor only with more variety in terms of how the characters look different from each other. Steven Universe is like Samurai Jack, Teen Titans, and the original PPG in terms of fighting villains and the premise of working towards a better cause.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog


  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    Adventure Time is very good and Gumball and Regular Show are similar to Ed Edd n Eddy's humor only with more variety in terms of how the characters look different from each other. Steven Universe is like Samurai Jack, Teen Titans, and the original PPG in terms of fighting villains and the premise of working towards a better cause.
    Okay but I still don't see it.Teen Titans and Samurai Jack had a very dark and serious tone.Ed Edd N Eddy was prone to breaking the fourth wall,The Powerpuff Girls had a lot of adult humor.





  24. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Saving Seals From Clubbing
    Posts
    3,622

    Default

    Now that Boomerang has basically become a CN clone I'd like a new channel from Turner dedicated to airing classic animation called Cartoon Network Classic.

    The only currently-running shows on CN I watch now are Transformers: Robots in Disguise and Pokemon. Several WB shows I should be watching have been on hiatus since March.

    On both CN and Boomerang I sometimes watch classic Looney Tunes shorts - it was only after I became an adult that I really started to appreciate them. They could update the TV prints of some of the pre-August 1948 cartoons they still show though - some have been restored for DVD release but on TV I still see the same faded prints that have been on air for decades.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May, Clemont (Bonnie)'s Dedenne/Sophocles' Togedemaru

    RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
    GeekChicShipping National Anthem

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Now that Boomerang has basically become a CN clone I'd like a new channel from Turner dedicated to airing classic animation called Cartoon Network Classic.

    The only currently-running shows on CN I watch now are Transformers: Robots in Disguise and Pokemon. Several WB shows I should be watching have been on hiatus since March.

    On both CN and Boomerang I sometimes watch classic Looney Tunes shorts - it was only after I became an adult that I really started to appreciate them. They could update the TV prints of some of the pre-August 1948 cartoons they still show though - some have been restored for DVD release but on TV I still see the same faded prints that have been on air for decades.
    Boomerang shows a blend of new and old shows,Nickelodeon has the same problem but they have a channel called Teen Nick where they show the old classics late night.





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •