Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about current Cartoon Network? v.2

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Now that Boomerang has basically become a CN clone I'd like a new channel from Turner dedicated to airing classic animation called Cartoon Network Classic.

The only currently-running shows on CN I watch now are Transformers: Robots in Disguise and Pokemon. Several WB shows I should be watching have been on hiatus since March.

On both CN and Boomerang I sometimes watch classic Looney Tunes shorts - it was only after I became an adult that I really started to appreciate them. They could update the TV prints of some of the pre-August 1948 cartoons they still show though - some have been restored for DVD release but on TV I still see the same faded prints that have been on air for decades.
    Scooby-Doo? I actually like that, it's not dumbed down to 10 minutes like everything else. Not the best Scooby cartoon, but it's pretty good compared to past ones. *cough* Scrappy *cough*
    It's sad a year has gone by since it started and it's still on the first season......

Cartoon Network Eras

1.Powerhouse Era(1997-2004)
    2.City Era(2004-2007)
    3.Checkerboard Era(1992-1997)
    4.CHECK it Era(2010-Current)
    5.Nood Era(2008-2010)

Cartoon Network is definitely heading in the right direction. If you look at what's on the network, the good HEAVILY outweighs the bad. Sure, we're having to lose Gumball and Regular Show, and Adventure Time is ending in a couple of years, but they had great, lengthy runs. We still do have Steven Universe and We Bare Bears, and honestly, if you ask me, the 10s are becoming a great year of TV animation just because of Cartoon Network.
    I am but a simple cartooning reindeer who loves Fujio Akatsuka.

Infinity Train needs to be greenlight

This is the type of new blood they desperately need that people have been talking about.

The support for it is already there.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post

This is the type of new blood they desperately need that people have been talking about.

The support for it is already there.
    If they're smart they will.
    But then they're throwing Regular Show and Adventure Time out the door while keeping TT please stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    If they're smart they will.
    But then they're throwing Regular Show and Adventure Time out the door while keeping TT please stop!
    Well Adventure Time and Regular Show have long since overstayed their welcome, and they are ending on their own merits not Cartoon Networks.

Teen Titans Go (while bad) is still one of their most profitable IP's whenever Steven Universe or Adventure Time aren't running new episodes, so of course they'd keep it.
    Yup:

Whatever pilots end up getting the most praise or support should be the only ones to get picked up, not just whatever internet shorts they find on Youtube.

You can't leave it to just the kids because they ultimately don't care because they'll watch any ol Cartoon (see Mighty Magicswords and TTG), they don't have opinions.

mighty magiswords isn't that bad. I've laghed out lout a couple times while watching it.
    I'm afraid steven universe will go away because of recent events

banner by the lovely american pi
    my fizzy bubbles profile
    asb
    *highfives all 'round* *wapsh**wapsh*

Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    Whatever pilots end up getting the most praise or support should be the only ones to get picked up, not just whatever internet shorts they find on Youtube.

You can't leave it to just the kids because they ultimately don't care because they'll watch any ol Cartoon (see Mighty Magicswords and TTG), they don't have opinions.
    Not necessarily. Kids may tend to watch just about anything (the unfortunate downside of basically growing up with the TV as a babysitter), but they do have opinions. They're simple because they can't quite tell you exactly why they like or don't like a show, but they're still opinions. I'm sure there are kids out there who don't like Teen Titans Go, Magicswords, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, or any other show or more on Cartoon Network, just like I'm sure there are kids who don't like SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents. There were cartoons I didn't watch as a kid because I wasn't interested in them for whatever reason (and I watched Kids' WB religiously), and I'm sure you were like that as well.

As for the first sentence, that's how it was back in the day, and the audience voted for it on their website, or they used the ratings to determine the most popular pilot, and they still do that--that's how Steven Universe got greenlit. Nowadays, because of the Internet being ubiquitous and allowing aspiring creators to reach a wider audience more efficiently (that's why Frederator is huge right now with animators), that's where the executives and producers are looking at. Now, they only pay attention to the stats, such as the number of views (I'm sure they calculate the average number of views per day based on when the short(s) were uploaded), the upvotes and the amount of that creative property that's available, but that's because they really only think in numbers. They don't have time to go through the comment section of every single video to see how many people like it or not and for what reason. And of course, then they tend to also have poor judgment as to why it is those series got a number of hits to begin with.

Internet sensations Fred and Annoying Orange were/are successful not just because they were weird, but because they're a series of short videos. The jokes worked better (whether you personally liked them or not) when they were quick and simple and stuck to a formula the creators had creative control over--because yes, the creators tend to not have control over their work when they get bought out and sometimes are left in the dark about its scheduling. (Not CN-related, but here's an interview with the creator of Harvey Beak lamenting --or not--about it.) That's why they failed as a television/movie series, but the executives didn't realize this until after they threw money at them. It's unfortunate that they don't learn from their mistakes the first time around or by looking at what worked and didn't work for their competitors, but when you're a business, you're going to think like a business. That's how we got CN Real in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
    I'm afraid steven universe will go away because of recent events
    Hm? Care to explain, because far as I can tell, it's not going anywhere. It was just Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Uncle Grandpa that announced their endings.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Yup:

They have.
    Looks like the only thing they got of value is We Bare Bears now.

It's been apparent for a long time now that Cartoon Network doesn't give a damn about Pokemon.

You never even see advertisements for it unless a new movie is about to air.

So this is probably a really good thing for the dub.

I feel as though adult innuendo is a lot more prevalent/obvious nowadays. That could just be me getting older though lol
    click on my fiancé and I to go to our website lol

I write fanfiction sometimes

Not to get too excited, but Infinity Train's pilot looks like it's doing extremely well. It may very well happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Noheart View Post
    I feel as though adult innuendo is a lot more prevalent/obvious nowadays. That could just be me getting older though lol
    We live in an era where adult innuendo is known more and more to younger audiences. Hell 69 has become about as childish of a sex joke as you can get.
    Yup:

Teen Titians Go and Pokemon are the only things i watch on CN these days. I'd watch the new PPG, but i have no idea when its on.

Now that Pokemon will be on Disney apparently, i have even less reason to watch CN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    I'm actually happy about this, maybe Pokemon will get more attention instead of 'that one show that airs far too early for their target audience on Saturday morning.'
    I really only watch Steven Universe here and there, most of what I watch runs on other channels.

The original Ben 10 series was fine, but the series following that? Not so much. Every time I happen to change the channel, freaking TTG is on (CN has gotten about as bad as Nick with FOP and a certain yellow sponge).

Kudos to ATime and RegShow for ending without milking it dry though.
    Last edited by Rio!; 29th November 2016 at 4:16 PM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Even more garbage is coming.... Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is getting a TV series. Why.... just why? Not to mention the ugly cheap animation they have for it like most CN shows.

Even more garbage is coming.... Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is getting a TV series. Why.... just why? Not to mention the ugly cheap animation they have for it like most CN shows.
    Well at least Dragon Ball Super is coming to Adult Swim this January.

Quote Originally Posted by FlorgesPower2 View Post
    It's been apparent for a long time now that Cartoon Network doesn't give a damn about Pokemon.

You never even see advertisements for it unless a new movie is about to air.

So this is probably a really good thing for the dub.
    Cartoon Network put up with Ash not winning a league for quite a long time. After losing in Kalos, they said "we're outta here". Somehow I knew Ash's failure to win a league would come back to haunt the Pokemon Company.

Oh I know a good replacement series for Pokemon.

A while back CN lost the rights to air animated Star Wars series to Disney XD.

So I thought what would be perfect for CN would be an animated Star Trek series, co-produced by Cartoon Network Studios and CBS.

Think about it, CBS and Time Warner have interacted in other areas (WB co-producing many CBS shows, the two companies co-owning the CW and CBS and Turner jointly owning broadcast rights to March Madness). Star Trek would be a great property for CN.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 8th December 2016 at 5:11 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps

i think i just threw up a bit
    it seems the only good thing on CN is SU and the occasional MMS or AWG.
    any time a new episode of TTG airs I am saddened by the quality (venyos is a huge watcher of it. I watched it too when it was good.)
    nowadays i feel as though they stopped trying. Its all fart jokes at this point.
    I think the one saving grace this show has is raven. AND raven and beast boy's relationship. It seems to the only mature tging they've done. and the only "story" they develop. UNLESS there is elements of this in the original show.
    For the record I really liked 40% 20% 20% and it is one of the few epsodes I will watch willingly.
    Finally there was an episode where they kinda made fun of themselves (well two actually) but this one used old clips from the original.
    it was AMAZING.
    the other one where they made fun of themselves (i forget the title) was pretty clever as well.

banner by the lovely american pi
    my fizzy bubbles profile
    asb
    *highfives all 'round* *wapsh**wapsh*

So I just watched the new Justice League show. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I do wish it was a full length episode and the animation could be better but it started off pretty good and each episode gives some focus to one of the hero's which is great.

The same can't be said for the travesty that is the new Ben 10 show. Good god I couldn't even finish episode 1 :/....

Why the hell is every cartoon network show literally the same?? They are all 10 minutes, identical animation style and laughably childish. Seriously Disney and Nick are kicking CN's butt in terms on animated shows.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Honestly, I'm kind of sad to see AT and RS are ending. I loved those shows. Also, of course Raven would be TTG's saving grace. If only she didn't remind me of Princess Twilight Sparkle... Not that I don't like her, it's just that she makes me so uncomfortable.

Mordaret forever!

TTG had a few good moments during its first season. After that it became rather bland. Steven Universe is stuck in the middle because it has some great moments but it also can be rather slow and drag on the episode's plot. But it is mostly good and the momentum of the series could easily end up being terrible and unwatchable if too many episodes with poor writing are aired.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Why the hell did they give Ben 10 a reboot when Omniverse only ended a few years ago?
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Why the hell did they give Ben 10 a reboot when Omniverse only ended a few years ago?
    Because of the toyline. Can't let the potential $$$ slip by.
    Yup:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast