Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171
Results 4,251 to 4,266 of 4266

Thread: Amourshipping Thread V3

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post

Maybe they thought there wouldn't be significant staff changes on Sun and Moon (at least at first) and thought/were lead to believe Serena could be kept around. Of course, it's just a theory.

"separated forcefully" could also be a metaphor because logically Serena wouldn't want to part ways with Ash (at least, not that easily) but since the writers needed to get rid of her so Ash could start at zero on Alola, they have to force a separation.

Just a theory though.
    Why are you talking about staff changes ? There are no major staff changes in S&M , all the staffs from X/Y is there. The only "big" change was the main director (from Tetsuo Yajima to Daiki Tomiyasu) but the new main director of S&M was the episode director and storyboarder of XY060 (haircut episode) and did the Master class storyboard so don't tell me Daiki Tomiyasu doesn't know who Serena is or what she did before S&M. The writers are the same too, and all the writers who did a S&M episode wrote an Serena's episode or more.

Yeah that's what Yajima meant I think , they didn't need Serena in Alola so they needed to make her departure by force but I still think the kiss wasn't planned but then they realized it was necessary to make a good goodbye between Ash & Serena after all the build up they did (or tease if you want to call it like that) just like Yajima said "How could I do a goodbye scene who would be fair for her ?".
    "Real eyes , realize , real lies"

Quote Originally Posted by Hys7eriX View Post
    Maybe they'll decide that Serena being Ash's current/future girlfriend will be as immovable a fact as him being from Pallet Town and his ever-faithful Pikachu sticking with him. Or they may decide they'll have some other girl be the new Serena down the line. Maybe they'll decide that all along, he and Misty/May/Dawn/Iris/Giselle/(insert random past character here) have been keeping in touch and they'll be the official couple until they change their mind. Who really knows? And if it angers a few fans to make their decisions, well, what do they care? I guess all I'm really saying is don't expect them to make any decisions on what'll make the fans happy, especially that annoying part of the fandom that insists on shipping. Amour, Poke, Advance, Pearl, whatever. There's no way to please all of us, and I'm quite sure that in their eyes, we're all equally insignificant.
    Well, to be fair, the writers aren't really responsible for providing closure/happy endings to scenarios that the fans created for themselves. I mean, if the fanbase wants to read into the interactions of two characters and see them as romantic, that's their prerogative and more power to them (us), but the writers don't suddenly become obligated to give a satisfactory ending to something that (arguably) doesn't even exist in the story that they planned. The only ships that they're obligated to please (or at least satisfy) are the ones that they've established themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaceona View Post
    Well, to be fair, the writers aren't really responsible for providing closure/happy endings to scenarios that the fans created for themselves. I mean, if the fanbase wants to read into the interactions of two characters and see them as romantic, that's their prerogative and more power to them (us), but the writers don't suddenly become obligated to give a satisfactory ending to something that (arguably) doesn't even exist in the story that they planned. The only ships that they're obligated to please (or at least satisfy) are the ones that they've established themselves.
    But, to be fair as well, the entire Amour journey sets a new standard for the anime. If you asked me 10 years ago whether or not Ash would basically get a girlfriend, I'd say, "You're joking."

If anything, it was heavily pushed throughout XY, and it's not like the people watching the anime are suddenly gonna forget everything in XY, yknow?

Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    Tell me that we're a huge ship on this board when we're back to having more than the usual 3-4 people posting every day. You can't deny that over here it's usually just me, you, zeldafan and the occasional KungFuMaster combined with those who don't even like Amour. Besides, I did clarify by saying "quiet right now" not empty. No reason to jump on a hate train.

Sorry to say but the anime will always exist to promote the games. They promoted HGSS right up until BW released by having a plethora of Johto mons in the Sinnoh League. Does this mean Serena can't come back? Of course not. I'm sure they have a plan to bring her back when they've decided to, but I wouldn't even bank on one in the next year unless she somehow finds her way into the movie. (And the anime also diverged from the games the second Alain appeared post XY21, so it happened quite a bit earlier than you thought).
    1. I'm here every couple of months, if that counts.

2. Definitely this. If anything, I'd think that the anime is easily the best marketing tool for the games (which is probably the main bulk of income for TPC, once you think about it).
    Last edited by lane; 19th January 2017 at 6:50 PM.
    Do keep up hope, but keep your expectations low. Go Amour! [but still a PokeShipper as well]

Shameless self-advertising, part 3: (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12137078/1/Saviours) -----> do note that this is not completed yet!

http://ss-amour.proboards.com/ -----> for your one stop shop for casual conversation like V2!

Quote Originally Posted by lane View Post
    But, to be fair as well, the entire Amour journey sets a new standard for the anime. If you asked me 10 years ago whether or not Ash would basically get a girlfriend, I'd say, "You're joking."

If anything, it was heavily pushed throughout XY, and it's not like the people watching the anime are suddenly gonna forget everything in XY, yknow?

1. I'm here every couple of months, if that counts.

2. Definitely this. If anything, I'd think that the anime is easily the best marketing tool for the games (which is probably the main bulk of income for TPC, once you think about it).
    Apparently, I'm not even here anymore...

#feelsneglected

Nice to see you here Iane. Epicoity, it may just be that there is not much to debate about. Yet we still get farther than other ships.

When was the last time Omegaz was on? Man I miss that guy and his optimism, when we were at our low points in Amour, he was always optimistic.

Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    Apparently, I'm not even here anymore...

#feelsneglected

Nice to see you here Iane. Epicoity, it may just be that there is not much to debate about. Yet we still get farther than other ships.

When was the last time Omegaz was on? Man I miss that guy and his optimism, when we were at our low points in Amour, he was always optimistic.
    Omegaz pretty much officially left Serebii to head to the S.S. Amour, so, I don't think we'll ever really see him again. And I know, but there are still things we can do. I mean, on Twitter (not the best community) they constantly do things with Serena and Amour there...when not starting drama.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

Yeah Omegaz went to the SS Amour (like a lot of people) because they were tired of Serebii and older people left because they don't really watch S&M (like me) and are satisfied by the ending that we got so no need to comeback here.

Tbh I'm here because I wait till March (for a special episode or the "supposed" next ITW by Yajima) and if we get nothing in March or at least early in April , I don't think we'll get any infos regarding Serena till 2018 or even 2019 so I will just hide myself like the others and leave until we get some news.

The Amour community is still crazy active on Twitter , especially in Japan because they post new Satosere fanarts basically everyday... Some arts even got noticed by S&M staffs sometimes... like this stuff : https://twitter.com/asame_poke/statu...70773780680706

No need to worry , we got our time to shine now we are just quiet until something happen , and when it will happen we'll still be the same as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Heekful View Post
    Yeah Omegaz went to the SS Amour (like a lot of people) because they were tired of Serebii and older people left because they don't really watch S&M (like me) and are satisfied by the ending that we got so no need to comeback here.

Tbh I'm here because I wait till March (for a special episode or the "supposed" next ITW by Yajima) and if we get nothing in March or at least early in April , I don't think we'll get any infos regarding Serena till 2018 or even 2019 so I will just hide myself like the others and leave until we get some news.

The Amour community is still crazy active on Twitter , especially in Japan because they post new Satosere fanarts basically everyday... Some arts even got noticed by S&M staffs sometimes... like this stuff : https://twitter.com/asame_poke/statu...70773780680706

No need to worry , we got our time to shine now we are just quiet until something happen , and when it will happen we'll still be the same as before.
    I just sort of wish people would pop in here from time to time, even if they're over there full-time. I still think we could have a semi-great community here (plus, I always feel kind of closed-off talking about Amour over there, no offense) but when everyone else comes in to blast us and the others are gone...it feels quite lonely...and defensive.

But whatever, I'm continuing with my fanfics into the future so I hope everyone both here and there looks forward to them as they come in the future.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

I just sort of wish people would pop in here from time to time, even if they're over there full-time. I still think we could have a semi-great community here (plus, I always feel kind of closed-off talking about Amour over there, no offense) but when everyone else comes in to blast us and the others are gone...it feels quite lonely...and defensive.

But whatever, I'm continuing with my fanfics into the future so I hope everyone both here and there looks forward to them as they come in the future.
    Well, you know some of us wait in the shadows ready to defend when the time comes. Though, I agree with you about the S.S. Amour site. I've never posted there despite having an account since it doesn't feel natural sometimes. Like, I personally enjoy Serebii just because we get differing opinions that we can question/understand why others think like that. But that's just me...

And time for me to vanish for another 3 months! stupid school!

Quote Originally Posted by potat_lasaro View Post
    Well, you know some of us wait in the shadows ready to defend when the time comes. Though, I agree with you about the S.S. Amour site. I've never posted there despite having an account since it doesn't feel natural sometimes. Like, I personally enjoy Serebii just because we get differing opinions that we can question/understand why others think like that. But that's just me...

And time for me to vanish for another 3 months! stupid school!
    Yes, true, true. I mean, the S.S. Amour is lovely that we have this growing community there, but I do feel, and again, no offense, that it's a little closed off in beliefs in regards to Amour. I mean, I know myself, yourself and a few others take a more realistic approach and don't want to bait other shippings, but it does seem to adamantly believe other, perhaps less-realistic things will happen.

Dude...you were here less than a month ago...
    Dare to Be Silly!

Yes, true, true. I mean, the S.S. Amour is lovely that we have this growing community there, but I do feel, and again, no offense, that it's a little closed off in beliefs in regards to Amour. I mean, I know myself, yourself and a few others take a more realistic approach and don't want to bait other shippings, but it does seem to adamantly believe other, perhaps less-realistic things will happen.

Dude...you were here less than a month ago...
    If you've got comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
    Last edited by zeldafan128; Yesterday at 5:11 PM.
    Contender in the 2016 Shipping Oscars

Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

If you've got comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
    I don't know about suggestions, per se, but I know that while I don't mind sticking around the "what are you doing now?" thread, some of the other threads, simply I feel don't offer the kind of moderate discussion we used to have here. Like, it's a little more dominated by those who truly believe Serena will return in March and that we can't accept other shippings, or I see some of their comments stirring the pot. Now, of course, this is all from my perspective and not to be taken personally, and I could be dead wrong, but we have enough drama in the community that even though we're all Amour lovers, perhaps a willingness to dial it back and be more inviting to the other views would be better.

I don't know. I'm not making much sense, am I?
    Dare to Be Silly!

I don't know about suggestions, per se, but I know that while I don't mind sticking around the "what are you doing now?" thread, some of the other threads, simply I feel don't offer the kind of moderate discussion we used to have here. Like, it's a little more dominated by those who truly believe Serena will return in March and that we can't accept other shippings, or I see some of their comments stirring the pot. Now, of course, this is all from my perspective and not to be taken personally, and I could be dead wrong, but we have enough drama in the community that even though we're all Amour lovers, perhaps a willingness to dial it back and be more inviting to the other views would be better.

I don't know. I'm not making much sense, am I?
    Please, bring in other views. We could certainly use it. It seems only natural that an Amour forum would bring in the Serena4Alola crowd. Of course, if you want a thread about something specific, you're free to make one.
    Contender in the 2016 Shipping Oscars

I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

I still check on here from time to time. And yes we did have a lot of different views back during XY and XYZ. I really do miss that to an extent but then again with all the pessimism we had I'm kinda glad its over and more or less canon or what have you. Regardless I still say the best time was episodes 2-7 in XY back on the first thread. Those days were pure hype. But as of now it is a bit depressing not having Serena around.

However I really want to see who thinks Serena will come to Alola? I personally don't think she will until after Alola but I'm interested to so what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
    I still check on here from time to time. And yes we did have a lot of different views back during XY and XYZ. I really do miss that to an extent but then again with all the pessimism we had I'm kinda glad its over and more or less canon or what have you. Regardless I still say the best time was episodes 2-7 in XY back on the first thread. Those days were pure hype. But as of now it is a bit depressing not having Serena around.

However I really want to see who thinks Serena will come to Alola? I personally don't think she will until after Alola but I'm interested to so what you guys think.
    I honestly don't know if I want Serena to come to Alola anymore.

- For starters, the SM art style/animation/w.e is atrocious, imo. Ash still looks weird and the other characters don't look great either sometimes, even though they're new to the anime. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the new region, new Pokemon, etc, but XY was superb in its design and execution. Why did TPC decide to backtrack with SM? I'm assuming it was most likely to save money. I'm not saying it will happen but I don't want Serena's beauty to end up being butchered when if she does end up going to Alola, even though some of the fanart of her in Alola is actually top-notch.

- When If Serena does go, us AmourShippers will still get a lot of hate, probably even more than we get now. The SM elitists will whine about how Serena is "stealing the spotlight" from the other characters, all for shipping purposes, which I don't think will be the case at all. The writers can easily make up something similar to performances/contests for Alola and have Serena partake in those. And also throw in those Amour hints that we've all grown to love. <3
    X-XXVII-MMXVI | The hardest part of ending is starting again.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Velasquez View Post
    When If Serena does go, us AmourShippers will still get a lot of hate, probably even more than we get now. The SM elitists will whine about how Serena is "stealing the spotlight" from the other characters, all for shipping purposes, which I don't think will be the case at all. The writers can easily make up something similar to performances/contests for Alola and have Serena partake in those. And also throw in those Amour hints that we've all grown to love. <3
    Or they will say " she's useless, it was better when she wasn't there" and at the end of S&M they'll say "the worst part of S&M was during Serena's cameo" we all know how it works and that doesn't even bother me anymore at this point because they can say what they want, Amour will always be my OTP and Serena is my favorite with May.

Now I rejoin Sinlencers's opinion , she won't comeback in Alola because there are too much characters who needs focus for the writers , Yajima basically stated that they reworked Ash's character in X/Y because of Serena's crush so as long as Ash will act like an idiot like he is doing in S&M (or at least won't be the same as he was in X/Y) she will never come back.

I just can't picture Amour with this slapstick comedy vibe tbh... Amour was supposed to be taken seriously (and was not a running gag like haters people said before) because we all know how it ended and the recent words from XY director.

I wait till season 2 to see if the comedy will still be there and if that's the case, for me she won't comeback. I still think the 20th anniversay will 100% focus on the 1st gen because they are doing a lot of references and foreshadowing about OS and the first gen in S&M atm to promote the anniversary and the movie. A Serena's special is still a thing and I will bet on March but a cameo definitely not in Alola , and if the games after the obvious D/P remakes is again a Gen 7 games let's pray for gen 8 to have Serena in the anime again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heekful View Post
    Or they will say " she's useless, it was better when she wasn't there" and at the end of S&M they'll say "the worst part of S&M was during Serena's cameo" we all know how it works and that doesn't even bother me anymore at this point because they can say what they want, Amour will always be my OTP and Serena is my favorite with May.

Now I rejoin Sinlencers's opinion , she won't comeback in Alola because there are too much characters who needs focus for the writers , Yajima basically stated that they reworked Ash's character in X/Y because of Serena's crush so as long as Ash will act like an idiot like he is doing in S&M (or at least won't be the same as he was in X/Y) she will never come back.

I just can't picture Amour with this slapstick comedy vibe tbh... Amour was supposed to be taken seriously (and was not a running gag like haters people said before) because we all know how it ended and the recent words from XY director.

I wait till season 2 to see if the comedy will still be there and if that's the case, for me she won't comeback. I still think the 20th anniversay will 100% focus on the 1st gen because they are doing a lot of references and foreshadowing about OS and the first gen in S&M atm to promote the anniversary and the movie. A Serena's special is still a thing and I will bet on March but a cameo definitely not in Alola , and if the games after the obvious D/P remakes is again a Gen 7 games let's pray for gen 8 to have Serena in the anime again.
    What Heekful said about the comedy of SM and it not being compatible with Amourshipping is true but I wanted to add that it would be MUCH more enjoyable and actually better for the fans and maybe writers if we see her in a region after alola if the nature of the sagas after SM is good enough for Amourshipping standards.

And hey let's actually remember that the writers are giving alot of attention to Amourshipping outside of anime plot writing so it's not like they've thrown the business opportunities with Amourshipping cuz now they're selling magazines with Amourshipping content in them.

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171