Page 1 of 153 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Amourshipping Thread V3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Amourshipping Thread V3

Amourshipping Discussion Thread V3.

Welcome to the shiny new Amourshipping thread.

What is Amourshipping?

Amourshipping is the belief that the characters Ash (Satoshi) and Serena from the Pokemon anime are or will be involved in a romantic relationship. Other names for the ship include SatoSere (サトセレ) or SereSato (セレサト), which are most commonly used in the Japanese fandom. In this thread, you can discuss the hints and the development of the ship, or share your fan creations.

Rules

1. All SPPF Rules and Shippers Community Rules apply. Read them before you post anything here.
    2. No Bashing or Flaming other members, characters, or shippings.
    3. You are allowed to voice criticism/skepticism towards the ship here, but if we get the feeling that you are only here to constantly discourage Amourshippers and/or talk about how unlikely or bad the ship is, please leave.
    4. Stay On Topic - This thread is meant to discuss Amourshipping and only Amourshipping, so episode discussions and speculation of individual characters are not allowed unless it is related back to Amourshipping. Also, discussions involving other ships are not allowed here.
    5. No One Liners - try to avoid posts that only contain one line. Put more thought into your posts, otherwise it will be considered spam.
    6. Please do not link to videos of episodes or episode clips. This especially concerns AMVs. The material AMV makers use is copyrighted (the music, the clips or, in most cases, both).

Please mind the two rules in bold especially. They are the two main reasons why this thread had to be rebooted twice now. People get emotional over certain events in the series and just start ranting mindlessly, or they will start discussing the upcoming series, or discuss the fates of Ash and Serena as separate characters but not as a pair. Don't do this. This is not the "Sun/Moon anime" thread, or the "Kalos League" thread, or the "Ash" thread or "Serena" thread. It's a thread about Ash and Serena together. Please remember this when posting here.

Failure to follow these rules will result in you receiving a strike. If you reach three strikes, you will be banned from posting here so you have been warned.

Helper(s):
    - matthew11

Strikes & Warning:
    - TheRaptor89 - Strike 1
    - Ikcatcher - Strike 1
    - MARCOD1091 - Strike 1
    - PokemonBlazeX - Strike 1

Banned Member(s):
    yuoke

FanFiction
        Spoiler:- FanFiction:

Graphics & Fanart
        Spoiler:- Banners/Fanart:

Last edited by Staff_Member; 21st September 2016 at 6:43 PM.
    This account is accessible for all staff. I will do regular moderator activities. If you need forum assistance, please PM a specific moderator, as I was not created for that purpose.

Well, hey guys. We're back up and running! So, to all my fellow Amourshippers out there, I'll kick off our discussions with a fun little question to keep us rolling on topic!

How would the ship have changed if Ash remembered meeting Serena at Summer Camp right away?
    Dare to Be Silly!

Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    Well, hey guys. We're back up and running! So, to all my fellow Amourshippers out there, I'll kick off our discussions with a fun little question to keep us rolling on topic!

How would the ship have changed if Ash remembered meeting Serena at Summer Camp right away?
    t ash and serena wold have a better cemasty

So If only Ash could remember. Well, definitely it could be a more interesting shipping because then we could think of a feeling from Ash for Serena. I mean, if he remembers then she means something, but because this was created by the animators we cannot think Ash would remember Serena. Anyway, I loved it until the very end, and we are just days away from the episode to air in USA so stay toon. We will see the "kiss" again yay!!
    Rockettoman
    Never forget the first shiny you found... neither the last...

Quote Originally Posted by dnomyar27 View Post
    So If only Ash could remember. Well, definitely it could be a more interesting shipping because then we could think of a feeling from Ash for Serena. I mean, if he remembers then she means something, but because this was created by the animators we cannot think Ash would remember Serena. Anyway, I loved it until the very end, and we are just days away from the episode to air in USA so stay toon. We will see the "kiss" again yay!!
    I think you are taking this too seriously , it was harder for Ash to remember her because :

- Serena did not mention her name during the childhood scene , Ash did.
    - Serena changed a lot (they changed her voice in the VO but not the Ash one)
    - Serena stayed in her home all this time doing the same thing while Ash travelled around the Pokeworld and met like more than 500 people

It's still very important that Ash was the one who got the flashback and not Serena , it means that he needed something to help his mind to remember and it's still a cool moment from his childhood, I don't think the Ash-Serena flashback is a flaw of the ship , it's one of the thing who makes this ship very unique imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dnomyar27 View Post
    Man, you're about 150 pages late lol. I feel like we've gone over this before, but this was Ash's 9th region, including Kanto twice. It's also been years since they met, potentially half of their lifetimes. It's not unreasonable that Ash wouldn't remember her on sight. Serena, on the other hand, was likely thinking about him for years. After all, she knew exactly where that handkerchief was after so many years, implying that she kept it in a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

I love the interactions between Ash and Serena, especially when the Amourshipping moments are used for comedic relief and such. I also love it when Miette teases Serena about her crush causing her to get stressed out and worried.

I also wish that the backstory of Ash and Serena at professor oaks summer camp was developed more. I would have loved to see more flashbacks during the series.

Also if/when Serena returns in SM I hope that both her and Ash have a more comedic relationship where she had some playful bantering with him.

I don't think it would have really changed much but I guess they would have hit it off faster than they actually did.
    Last edited by Pokegirl Fan~; 21st September 2016 at 5:13 PM.
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    I love the interactions between Ash and Serena, especially when the Amourshipping moments are used for comedic relief and such. I also love it when Miette teases Serena about her crush causing her to get stressed out and worried.

I also wish that the backstory of Ash and Serena at professor oaks summer camp was developed more. I would have loved to see more flashbacks during the series.

Also if/when Serena returns in SM I hope that both her and Ash have a more comedic relationship where she had some playful bantering with him.

I don't think it would have really changed much but I guess they would have hit it off faster than they actually did.
    I agree. Their story would have benefited a lot more from extended flashbacks. Particularly, I felt the Summer Camp Arc was a lost opportunity to really give us more on their past, especially when the two of them were alone in the ravine. So, yeah, it would have been nice to have those moments sort of interspersed.

I also agree that little would have changed, but I thought it would be a nice question to ask to start things off.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

After the great Serena depression, the Amour thread is back up! Now onwards for another God knows whatever three/four digit numbers of pages of pure Amour goodness(and nonsense)!..............without breaking rules of course. And thanks for bringing the thread back up again so quick Matthew!

A bit. If Ash were able to remember her right away, we could have said that they were good childhood friends. That would have made their relationship a bit more..........intimate. I mean childhood is a different time in life. Everything is more wonderful and colorful. Everything is more special. If they were more closer in their childhood, that's like 10x more stronger bond between them in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post

Never forget Haven Paschall's screams.

Sometimes, I want Serena to tease Ash. Not much. But I just want her to poke fun at Ash's dorkiness just one time.
    "Why do you smile so much?"
    "Because smiling gives me the strength to live."
    "It may not work for you, it obviously won't work for everybody but it definitely works for me."

It's my time for shameless advertising!

Reflection
    On his flight back to Kanto, Ash is reflecting on his time with a certain "friend". An Amourshipping story.

Uhhh, why do we have to start again

All our memories, all lost...

Why can't we have our old thread?
    Proud Claimer of Hawlucha and this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2MHj1iDIU

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I thought I was weak
    But then I learned KungFu

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuMaster View Post

Because everyone was making a mess of it with off-topic statements. Now let's not get shut down before we even get started. Back on-topic.

Since we have an opportunity to start fresh, everyone start again with telling your story of how you came to Amourshipping and why you like it so much.

Personally, my story is simply that I finished BW in the dub, and owing to not having internet at the time, took a break from the series because it made me so low and my library didn't have XY. Once I got XY, and I knew about Serena, I watched it and slowly fell in love with both the character and the ship (but not in a creepy way). Certainly by the time Miette showed up, that was it for me. When I had finished the current episodes, I knew this was something special regardless of how it ended and my writer's mind began working.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Yes, we're back in business boy! Bummer that we lost all of that progress, but that is our faults. Anyways:

Since we have an opportunity to start fresh, everyone start again with telling your story of how you came to Amourshipping and why you like it so much.
    Amourshipping was a big part of my return to the Pokemon anime in general. About a year or two ago, my interest in Pokemon returned and I began to play the games again. Shortly after I'd learned about Serena's crush when I accidentally stumbled upon the first Serena-Miette episode that my little brother was watching on TV. I was very intrigued, but I wasn't sure how far they'd go with it. As it would soon turn out, the writers kept it prominent and I soon became a shipper for the first time. Since then, I've never lost doubt about the good future ahead and I still don't.

Because everyone was making a mess of it with off-topic statements. Now let's not get shut down before we even get started. Back on-topic.

Personally, my story is simply that I finished BW in the dub, and owing to not having internet at the time, took a break from the series because it made me so low and my library didn't have XY. Once I got XY, and I knew about Serena, I watched it and slowly fell in love with both the character and the ship (but not in a creepy way). Certainly by the time Miette showed up, that was it for me. When I had finished the current episodes, I knew this was something special regardless of how it ended and my writer's mind began working.
    Well, this sucks...

Anyway, I think I said this before in the previous thread, I was bored during the Holidays and everybody was playing Go. I started to get interest back in Pokémon so I even started to play Smogon Competitive, it was pretty awesome. I also watched some videos about Go and other stuff and went to Serebii. I always used it for Pokémon move info etc. But then I saw a Ash in the Semi-finals of something. I thought it was still BW but when I looked closer, I realized it was not BW? it was a grand new series! So I started looking up some the episode, and I was totally hyped there was a new series. I first didn't want to watch, but I watched like, the first 10 episodes and noticed something about this new girl, it has a crush on Ash, I thought. I watched the whole series (without spoilers) and I really wanted to see how this would end. I was so interested in Serena that I watched 4 hours a day to rush through the episodes. I really liked her, being so caring and nice. And that crush on Ash was perfect.

But unfortunately, even today there's still no conslusion to this ship, but I really enjoyed this series. I didn't even mind that Serena had 40 episodes walking around doing not much, I just wanted something to happen to her crush. But okay, We will find out on 13 October
    Last edited by KungFuMaster; 21st September 2016 at 6:01 PM.
    Proud Claimer of Hawlucha and this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2MHj1iDIU

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I thought I was weak

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuMaster View Post

Do read the 1st post and as of now, your message doesn't contribute to the topic. I suggest you edit this and make sure it relates to amourshipping. What I feared for the thread has happened again.

To continue my contribution for the thread, I'll ask a question for now.

If Serena doesn't go with Ash in Alola and if she did not do any confessing or whatsoever, will you remain as a loyal supporter of this ship?

Be remindful that you have to explain properly your answer to avoid violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuna F Seiei View Post
    Do read the 1st post and as of now, your message doesn't contribute to the topic. I suggest you edit this and make sure it relates to amourshipping. What I feared for the thread has happened again.

If Serena doesn't go with Ash in Alola and if she did not do any confessing or whatsoever, will you remain as a loyal supporter of this ship?

Although it isn't a question of devotion from me, Amourshipping is something I like. I'll still be liking something even if it's forgotten, isn't that right?

And KungFuMaster, I posted Visitor message. Did you read it?
    "Why do you smile so much?"
    "Because smiling gives me the strength to live."
    "It may not work for you, it obviously won't work for everybody but it definitely works for me."

It's my time for shameless advertising!

Reflection
    On his flight back to Kanto, Ash is reflecting on his time with a certain "friend". An Amourshipping story.

I highly doubt that there will be no proper resolution at all, but it is something to consider nonetheless. I personally find that I simply love this pairing, and I would support this ship even if the writers absolutely botch it. Part of that might be because I came into it with absolutely no expectations, though.

I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

Obivously , YES. Don't forget that Amourshipping is the only that have episode about and is the most popular ship in Pokemon history , even if the writers destroy the ending don't forget what happened before.

Sorry bro, just mad that they destroyed 600 pages and we have to Start From Zero, Clemont's Decision! (no pun intended)

It's like all our previous posts were gone in 1 minute. I feel so bad.

Anyway, about the question, I will support this ship untill I will find a ship as big as the Titanic. No seriously, if Ash never gets closer to a girl (or vice versa) I will support this ship, because this is the most popular and real ship, because at least there's one side that has a crush (maybe 2 if Ash has feelings).

BTW if parodies of Serena's Pokémon allowed, is a pardoy about Ash's denseness allowed? It has to do with Amour right?

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I thought I was weak

I'll be glad to, sometimes remembering the past is fun! So it's not a long story, I've watched Pokemon since the beginning and drifted away from the show for quite awhile. Then about 2 yrs ago, I started getting nostalgic about Pokemon. I started watching XY and was immediately intrigued. I liked the characters right away and when I noticed the flashbacks Serena was having of Ash, I knew something was up. After watching episode 7, I was so intrigued that I searched online to see if this was a big thing. I came across Amourshipping, this website, the Amourshipping thread, and have been hooked ever since.

I like Amourshipping because of the chemistry Ash and Serena seem to have. I also like how they support and listen to one to another. It's also the first time that we had a confirmed crush from a Pokegirl which made me think that maybe the Anime was starting to change and I just want to see how it all plays out.

I will for 2 reasons. 1. This is the first ship I've ever supported and I'm a loyal person in real life. 2. Serena is my favorite Pokegirl and the Ash we've seen in this series has also been my favorite. I honestly don't think it will get any better for me personally, no matter what happens in the end here. This has been a great series and Amourshipping was one of the main reasons why (for me).

Also, I'm glad to see this thread back up and a Thank You to the people involved.

Forgive me for being cheesy and cliché but I'm changing the quote a wee bit. Naruto said it best as"long as you keep them in your heart they will not die, because it is when you forget them that they truly die". I know its corny coming from Naruto but that's how we move on from when we lose something, knowing that got me out of my funk.

So, I know we did this a bit on V2, but 'tis a new thread, so

Recommend an AmourShipping fanfic or author.

I still absolutely love RobSp1derP1g's work, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post

I don't read a lot of fanfics and stuff, but I really enjoyed Epicocity's Love in the Time of Teamwork. It was really well written and how amour was handled in that felt realistic. Other than that, I've read some of lane's fics and I like those, but I need to start reading more.

Side Note: Why is it that most of the first amour fics that come up on google are very oversexualized? Just an odd though that crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaz View Post
    I don't read a lot of fanfics and stuff, but I really enjoyed Epicocity's Love in the Time of Teamwork. It was really well written and how amour was handled in that felt realistic. Other than that, I've read some of lane's fics and I like those, but I need to start reading more.

Side Note: Why is it that most of the first amour fics that come up on google are very oversexualized? Just an odd though that crossed my mind.
    Because the writers like to have imaginations? +thanks for the input for the fics, mate ^.^

Are there new scans that seem to have something regarding Amour?
    Do keep up hope, but keep your expectations low. Go Amour! [but still a PokeShipper as well]

Shameless self-advertising, part 3: (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12137078/1/Saviours) -----> do note that this is not completed yet!

http://ss-amour.proboards.com/ -----> for your one stop shop for casual conversation like V2!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post

Well, if you need them...

Theres:
    -Epicocity and his works for his own little universe known as the Ancienverse.
    -FanaticLAguy06 and his retelling of the Pokemon anime but with amore.
    -Self-advertisment for myself and my story Champions and Crushes.
    -Amourshipcanon and his Gotta Catch That One story.

So, quick question, if Amour continues onto Alola, how do you see it playing out?

If they're at a school for the majority, I could see hijinks happening that wouldn't occur in XY. Like, say they get partnered for a research project but Ash keeps messing up their research on "insert" pokemon.

If it has them traveling, I could see what happened in XY continuing on but maybe with a little more of a push from Serena.