Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4253

Thread: Amourshipping Thread V3

  1. #4201
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Fun fact: I'm one of the few people who defended Serena when people called her a worthless character in early XY.

    I don't see how a genuine Serena fan would support such an incredibly sexist line such as 'You're my goal, I wanna become more attractive for you' as if Serena's whole life revolves around this boy and that everything she does is for him. The implications of the line make me sick and send all of Serena's development down the drain-
    It's true, Janovy has.

    I don't know if that was directed to toward me, but if it is, I never said I supported it. I said I didn't mind it, which is a big difference. If one supports it, then they wouldn't change it if they had the chance. If one doesn't mind it, then that means if the opportunity presented itself to change it, they'd have the option (I would change it). However, since it's been done and it's too late, you have to live with it. I can obviously understand why they're are sickening, but it's the perception that's the main problem, not the words itself.

    Credit to NintendoFan82 for the banner. Serena4ever!

  2. #4202
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    First of all, thank you! That means a lot to me!

    Second, I guess it's not the adjective that bothers me as much as the word 'woman'. Like, if she said solely 'You're my goal, Ash!' I wouldn't have a problem because that line is perfectly ambiguous and can be interpreted either way. However, the fact that it is followed by the 'charming/delightful/pleasant woman' line makes it lean towards one specific meaning rather than being fully ambiguous. Like, why 'woman' ? Why not 'better person', for example? Anyway, I can see that you're guys getting annoyed so I'll stop. I just wanted to express my viewpoint.
    I see your point then. I can kind of understand the dislike over the word "woman" then, certainly. Personally it means less to me in context of the actions taken (i.e. Serena still departing regardless of her feelings) but different people have different interpretations. It's what makes discussion exciting. I'm personally not "annoyed" as I am "passionate". I like both Serena and Amour, so I argue that both are intertwined and don't ruin either character progression or development. But whatever, ha ha.
    Dare to Be Silly!

    Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

    Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

    Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

  3. #4203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    First of all, thank you! That means a lot to me!

    Second, I guess it's not the adjective that bothers me as much as the word 'woman'. Like, if she said solely 'You're my goal, Ash!' I wouldn't have a problem because that line is perfectly ambiguous and can be interpreted either way. However, the fact that it is followed by the 'charming/delightful/pleasant woman' line makes it lean towards one specific meaning rather than being fully ambiguous. Like, why 'woman' ? Why not 'better person', for example? Anyway, I can see that you're guys getting annoyed so I'll stop. I just wanted to express my viewpoint.
    The problem lies in the subbed version, not the original version. For example, the word used could have multiple meanings: it could mean both "attractive woman" or "better person in general". In that particular context it probably means better person in general, but if the phrase is literally translated word for word it might come out as "I'm going to be a more attractive woman for you" which is misleading but is not the problem of the Japanese writers.

    Either way, the two goals are perfectly compatible with each other so I don't see any problem.

  4. #4204
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Honestly, the 'attractive woman' part makes it way less ambiguous.

    It just screams 'I wanna become more attractive so you will like me' which is so...BAD. I don't need Serena's last words being that she wants to conquer Ash and become prettier for him. It takes away from her development. The dub line is more in line with all of Serena's character development and DOESN'T end her story with a desire to make a guy fall in love with her.
    I dont know why people see this as like"I wanna become more attractive woman so you will like me" or "Sexist line" when what Serena mean is she will improve herself ,not for Ash but for herself. it simple xD

    If there will be a day that Ash will like Serena , I'm sure its not because she become attractive or beautiful lady but because she become a better person ,

    I think the problem here is, People only looking at subtitles and ignoring the japanese direct words from the anime, reason why people see it with different meaning.

    it still depends how people will see it and also culture differences
    altho, I'm still not sure what is "You're my goal" actually means for me , cant find 100% accurate meaning for this, DX

    Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    The problem lies in the subbed version, not the original version. For example, the word used could have multiple meanings: it could mean both "attractive woman" or "better person in general". In that particular context it probably means better person in general, but if the phrase is literally translated word for word it might come out as "I'm going to be a more attractive woman for you" which is misleading but is not the problem of the Japanese writers.

    Either way, the two goals are perfectly compatible with each other so I don't see any problem.
    ^ i think this person can explain lot better than me,

    Quote Originally Posted by Heekful View Post
    If I remember correctly (and maybe Dephender can correct me if I'm wrong on this one) Ash wasn't really surprise because of the line he was surprised because Serena used the word "Anata" which is used a lot between married couple in Japan (or you can say "Anata" to a random guy you don't know but if you know the person it's basically your wife or your husband) so yeah the real meaning was obviously "my goal is to become a person like you"
    i think im the one who posted that on twitter saying "Anata" is mostly used by married couple and i said It is still usuable in normal conversation but not that much... cause its kinda akward/rude calling people who you already know the name but still calling them "Anata" unless you are in higher position at work like boss or something or older


    Can we stop comparing the sub and dub for now please :x , and sorry for my post, i hope people get what i mean even my english is not good
    Last edited by AshSerena; 8th January 2017 at 9:43 PM.

  5. #4205

    Default

    The "subbed version" didn't even say "attractive", it said "charming". You're making a mountain out of a molehill that doesn't even exist.
    Last edited by Dephender; 8th January 2017 at 11:38 PM.

  6. #4206
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    KungFuTown
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    The "subbed version" didn't even say "attractive", it said "charming". You're making a mountain out of a molehill that doesn't even exist.
    I think people just mistranslated into English to hype it up, which is not funny.
    Hawlucha, The John Cena Pokémon. When Hawlucha uses Taunt, he becomes invisible so You Can't See Him!
    This joke is getting old lol

    Proud Claimer of Hawlucha and this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2MHj1iDIU

  7. #4207
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Bark Town
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuMaster View Post
    I think people just mistranslated into English to hype it up, which is not funny.
    Unfortunately that's probably what happened. Now when the official English dub comes out everybody loses their minds.

    Of course none of it even matters if Serena never appears again... Speaking of which, is anyone else betting that if SuMo anime begins to tank, Serena will come back?
    Last edited by JCW18; 9th January 2017 at 2:52 AM.

    Alone we fall, United we stand
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Alpha Sapphire squad is ready for competitive action!


  8. #4208
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Whoa whoa whoa!

    Chill out guys! The heat is getting out of hand with this sub vs dub meaning.

    Regardless of which meaning is correct, Serena still gave Ash a kiss on the lips. Remember that.
    Time for some Shameless Self Promotion!


    Having accomplished what she had been aiming for during her time as Kalos Queen for two years, Serena decided to end her career as a performer and starts to pursue a new goal, to be with her childhood crush; Ash Ketchum and another one that it is yet to be discovered.



    After another day in school done, Ash receives a letter from an old friend. Who is it from?

  9. #4209
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDVEN View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa!

    Chill out guys! The heat is getting out of hand with this sub vs dub meaning.

    Regardless of which meaning is correct, Serena still gave Ash a kiss on the lips. Remember that.
    They're both, technically, "correct", it's simply a matter of interpretation from the dubbers that they chose a specific meaning of a line. But we've had multiple people confirm in the subs from PMFS (which are pretty much the most accurate) what the original version of the line best represents. And I don't mind a bit of the heat. Offers really great conversation. But the "attractive" part was from some early subbers, and it was later discovered (as in, later that day) that "charming" was the more accurate term.
    Dare to Be Silly!

    Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

    Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

    Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

  10. #4210
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    2,814

    Default

    Man, I just came here to see how everyone reacted to the director confirming that Serena really did kiss Serena (as if that wasn't obvious lol) and I find this ridiculous debate. What's with all the arguing, and people apparently complaining about sexism of all things?! I know shipping discussions can get a bit...enthusiastic sometimes (especially ones about Amour) but this is absolutely ridiculous.

    Anyway, I've said my piece. Waiting for S/M's end, hope you guys are still around when Ash starts chasing Gym Badges again!

  11. #4211
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    I have a feeling Serena will come back cause her and amourshipping are very well loved.

  12. #4212
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChloboShoka View Post
    I have a feeling Serena will come back cause her and amourshipping are very well loved.
    Chloe! I don't think I've seen you in here in quite a while.

    We're certainly hoping for it. I'm still surprised that Iris never returned. Sun and Moon is very young right now. We really have no idea where it's going. For all we know, Ash graduates into university and all of the old traveling companions come back as classmates.

    I'm sorry, what do you mean that's already in 90346582806704983567 fanfics?
    Contender in the 2016 Shipping Oscars

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

  13. #4213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    Chloe! I don't think I've seen you in here in quite a while.

    We're certainly hoping for it. I'm still surprised that Iris never returned. Sun and Moon is very young right now. We really have no idea where it's going. For all we know, Ash graduates into university and all of the old traveling companions come back as classmates.

    I'm sorry, what do you mean that's already in 90346582806704983567 fanfics?
    I admire the way you all are thinking about a possible return but in all honesty season 21 would be better for serenas turn since SM will prob last 1-2 seasons and because the main activity now for ash (being him in school and that his design could improve and a lot more weird jazz) lets all wait until the season
    after SM.
    Thank You

  14. #4214
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedGenGenesect View Post
    I admire the way you all are thinking about a possible return but in all honesty season 21 would be better for serenas turn since SM will prob last 1-2 seasons and because the main activity now for ash (being him in school and that his design could improve and a lot more weird jazz) lets all wait until the season
    after SM.
    Thank You
    I doubt that she's coming back after two generations. We'll see, I'm sure. School has to resolve into something.

    Why are you thanking me?
    Contender in the 2016 Shipping Oscars

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

  15. #4215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    I doubt that she's coming back after two generations. We'll see, I'm sure. School has to resolve into something.

    Why are you thanking me?
    Well the all Ash your my goal and the ATTRACTIVE WOMAN MAYHEM (sarcasm) plus the your out of my reach ash senpai (meaning dat ash really be concerned about poke leagues and Pokémon battles and more gym reader jazz and he got no time for amour romance and still can't see Serena's crush on him customer he's DAT ASH)
    It's kinda easy to see a cameo after SM and let's not forget amour popularity and Serena fans desiring one. Yes thay may screw up on an appropriate timing for a cameo but hey where not even 20 episodes into SM.

  16. #4216

    Default

    The fan base is probably reading way too much into the dialogue tbh. These debates over whether or not something Serena said could be considered regressive are silly. The writers probably don't care about any of that. We're trying to read into what was said in a kid's show and make it into something it isn't if we bring all of that into it, imo.

    At the end of the day, Serena is Ash's first legitimate kiss and she has known him longer than any traveling companion in the history of the show. She's definitely one of the more significant characters, regardless of what your opinions of the ship may be.
    Last edited by DeepSeaDragon; 12th January 2017 at 12:59 AM.
    BLUE:

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  17. #4217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSeaDragon View Post
    The fan base is probably reading way too much into the dialogue tbh. These debates over whether or not something Serena said could be considered regressive are silly. The writers probably don't care about any of that. We're trying to read into what was said in a kid's show and make it into something it isn't if we bring all of that into it, imo.

    At the end of the day, Serena is Ash's first legitimate kiss and she has known him longer than any traveling companion in the history of the show. She's definitely one of the more significant characters, regardless of what your opinions of the ship may be.
    Claps perfect presentation of words cuz DAT ASH is there main focus but still without going too far people can interpret something similar to what happened in the Pokémon anime or for the current circumstances predict new things that would make total or mostly sence if it were to happen.
    For example I believe SM will last for one season based on all of what's happening right now in the series.
    So I'm thankful where not on the
    OMG ASH and SERENA ARE going To MARRY In The ANIME CANON speculation so let's try to cool things down on this forum.

  18. #4218
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedGenGenesect View Post
    For example I believe SM will last for one season based on all of what's happening right now in the series.
    So I'm thankful where not on the
    OMG ASH and SERENA ARE going To MARRY In The ANIME CANON speculation so let's try to cool things down on this forum.
    What is the problem to talk or speculate about this as long as we are on the Amourshipping thread and not another one ? I don't get it , if you don't want to see people talking about Amour or theorizing about it I mean... Why are you there ? Oh and S&M will last till the Gen 8 games come out , it is as simple as that.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSeaDragon View Post
    At the end of the day, Serena is Ash's first legitimate kiss and she has known him longer than any traveling companion in the history of the show. She's definitely one of the more significant characters, regardless of what your opinions of the ship may be.
    That's why I'm actually disappointed because they really made Serena unique and special but she is still the female traveling companion to have appeared in the least amount of episodes in the Pokemon anime (I think it's a tie with Iris) so...I still don't get what was the point of the flashback , the kiss etc if she was not going to stay longer.


    Anyway , let's share some good Amour work : Japanese are amazing.
    https://twitter.com/asame_poke/statu...70773780680706
    "Real eyes , realize , real lies"

  19. #4219

    Default

    [QUOTE=Heekful;18320847]What is the problem to talk or speculate about this as long as we are on the Amourshipping thread and not another one ? I don't get it , if you don't want to see people talking about Amour or theorizing about it I mean... Why are you there ? Oh and S&M will last till the Gen 8 games come out , it is as simple as that.



    Well the truth is I tried to start a new discussion on her returning and I wasnt saying yall should stop theorizing cuz I wanted to do just that but what I meant was we should stop taking things too far and just theorize on whats logical or propable for the circumstances of the pokemon anime right now.
    just like DeapSea dragon said it could get silly but im totally fine with fanfics and theories that make sense.

  20. #4220
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    The kiss was to prevent the amour shippers from murdering the XY director obvs
    Please don't do this. Please don't judge the Amour fandom by the vocal idiots out there who like to go crazy. Most of us are fairly normal shippers just like the rest. The kiss was planned from the beginning; the relationship was planned from the beginning. It didn't come about because it was popular. It's fine if you don't like the ship, but don't attack those who do. You do you, we'll do us. Okay?
    Dare to Be Silly!

    Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

    Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

    Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

  21. #4221
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    Please don't do this. Please don't judge the Amour fandom by the vocal idiots out there who like to go crazy. Most of us are fairly normal shippers just like the rest. The kiss was planned from the beginning; the relationship was planned from the beginning. It didn't come about because it was popular. It's fine if you don't like the ship, but don't attack those who do. You do you, we'll do us. Okay?
    Thank you. People judge us so much.



    Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

  22. #4222
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    KungFuTown
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    Please don't do this. Please don't judge the Amour fandom by the vocal idiots out there who like to go crazy. Most of us are fairly normal shippers just like the rest. The kiss was planned from the beginning; the relationship was planned from the beginning. It didn't come about because it was popular. It's fine if you don't like the ship, but don't attack those who do. You do you, we'll do us. Okay?
    I think he meant it as a joke, not seriously, and if he was not, he was talking about the ones who go toxic. Basically, don't worry
    Hawlucha, The John Cena Pokémon. When Hawlucha uses Taunt, he becomes invisible so You Can't See Him!
    This joke is getting old lol

    Proud Claimer of Hawlucha and this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2MHj1iDIU

  23. #4223
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuMaster View Post
    I think he meant it as a joke, not seriously, and if he was not, he was talking about the ones who go toxic. Basically, don't worry
    I would agree with that, but when he and others are constantly saying these things about Amourshippers as though it represents us a whole, someone needs to say something. That's all.
    Dare to Be Silly!

    Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

    Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

    Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

  24. #4224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    Please don't do this. Please don't judge the Amour fandom by the vocal idiots out there who like to go crazy. Most of us are fairly normal shippers just like the rest. The kiss was planned from the beginning; the relationship was planned from the beginning. It didn't come about because it was popular. It's fine if you don't like the ship, but don't attack those who do. You do you, we'll do us. Okay?
    Im applaud by this comment but I respect your standing up and using tge pretty much the truth about this Stupid misunderstanding but theres a few things I wanted to say.
    first of all this was possibly what happened when there was a google page created called something like stupidshippers which was pretty much like amourshipping haters pretty much very wrongly nickname amourshipping and started a hate party and a damn lot of stupidity across the internet and There were even more hate pages and eventually people started to think that most of the amour community took things further than they actually did because of the HUGE amounts of amourshipping fans going crazy (in a good way which is understandable) cuz of the kiss.
    pretty much people hiding themselves from fact and spreading INJUSTICE.

  25. #4225
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    Please don't do this. Please don't judge the Amour fandom by the vocal idiots out there who like to go crazy. Most of us are fairly normal shippers just like the rest. The kiss was planned from the beginning; the relationship was planned from the beginning. It didn't come about because it was popular. It's fine if you don't like the ship, but don't attack those who do. You do you, we'll do us. Okay?
    I don't think the kiss was planned since the very start tbh , the childhood backstory was but the kiss idea probably came later like Yajima said the staff wanted to do a goodbye scene who was "fair for her while being separated forcefully" , I still wonder why he said "seperated forcefully" perhaps because the extras didn't want Serena in Alola since she doesn't promote the games. Time will tell if one day they will reconsider this... probably when the games will be a little bit forgotten and won't need to sell more.
    "Real eyes , realize , real lies"

Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •