Page 173 of 176 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 4400

Thread: Amourshipping Thread V3

Quote Originally Posted by Triforce Charizard View Post
    So… this topic has probably been beaten to death before, but I want to get to know the amourshippers here on Serebii. What do you guys think are the chances of Serena going to Alola. I still think it's fairly high.
    Oh man. "Beaten to death" might be the understatement of the year.

I'd dare to say that chances are great of Serena going to Alola in the same way that Misty went to Hoenn, May went to Sinnoh, and Dawn went to Unova. I doubt that she will stay long-term. It would be nice, but they're taking things into a new direction and there's simply no place for Amour in Sun and Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    Oh man. "Beaten to death" might be the understatement of the year.

I'd dare to say that chances are great of Serena going to Alola in the same way that Misty went to Hoenn, May went to Sinnoh, and Dawn went to Unova. I doubt that she will stay long-term. It would be nice, but they're taking things into a new direction and there's simply no place for Amour in Sun and Moon.
    I've pretty much made it clear that I agree with this. She'll be a cameo at best, maybe (read, hopefully) as long as Dawn had but hopefully with some plot content; not pointless like Dawn's cameo or whatnot.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    I've pretty much made it clear that I agree with this. She'll be a cameo at best, maybe (read, hopefully) as long as Dawn had but hopefully with some plot content; not pointless like Dawn's cameo or whatnot.
    I didn't say anything about being a companion (although I wouldn't mind). Hopes high. Expectations low. It's my hopes that are doing the talking right now. But my expectations are at least a temporary visit. Serena is one of the most popular pokegirls, almost rivaling Dawn. Bringing her back would be a great move for ratings. Although I don't exactly have a positive view of the Sun and Moon anime, I have to admit the show does well with continuity. I'm sure there will be some reason down the road for her to visit at the very least.

Not gonna lie, it's kind of hard to predict if she'll come back at all. A lot of people thought Iris would come back in XY and she didn't. She didn't even get a cameo, did she? I know Serena is a lot more popular than Iris but still, who knows what the writers are planning.

Tumblr | Matt's Secret Base | Author's Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 4871-6086-4217

Serena and her crush seem to have been tailor-made for XY Ash and his heroic/inspiration personality, so it'll be....odd to see her return and react to this over-the-top slapstick-punching-bag Ash. Of course, it'll be an audience draw, so it could happen, but it'll strange for her to go to Hoenn and then go out of her way to take a plane to PokeHawaii.

I have a feeling the writers just left with that ending as something they can always return to, but at the same time, also as a vague 'see you one day' type of thing that could also be forgotten ten years from now.

I didn't say anything about being a companion (although I wouldn't mind). Hopes high. Expectations low. It's my hopes that are doing the talking right now. But my expectations are at least a temporary visit. Serena is one of the most popular pokegirls, almost rivaling Dawn. Bringing her back would be a great move for ratings. Although I don't exactly have a positive view of the Sun and Moon anime, I have to admit the show does well with continuity. I'm sure there will be some reason down the road for her to visit at the very least.
    Some people that I know who live in Japan and can talk english told me that she's actually way more popular than Dawn atm but I think nobody will ever get a real answer to this whole topic of "popularity" because it depends on how you view it , for example , I heard that Iris's popularity in Japan wasn't that bad as american think it is. The continuity in Sun & Moon is only a continuity about OS / 1 gen , there's still no X/Y references whatsoever so I don't think the continuity that Sun & Moon has is a good point for us, maybe after the movie that will change but we never know , it's too hard to predict the future of this show tbh because it's just full of fillers with no sense at all even when the 20th anniversary is close.

The main problem of the "Is Serena coming back?" topic is S&M Ash actually imo, the comedy vibe can fade away with time but as long as Ash will continue to act like an idiot , Serena can't fit in this serie because it's not the Ash she knew..It's just a kid who lost the mature side he had that made their relationship so serious in XY&Z.

I'm pretty sure this attitude will last all the saga because every saga had their Ash so Serena in Alola is very very unlikely imo... Maybe she could make a cameo in the next saga but that's also very unlikely because she'll be forgotten by the writers at this time so I'm wondering if we'll really see Serena again except in a special just like Iris, only the time will tell I guess.

Btw I think some of you should watch this video , he made a good point on analyzing all the shipping without disrespect any other shipping (he actually praised Poke a bit) the talk about Amour starts at 10 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETMc0ekRFXI&t

Ps : If anyone is interested , the french dub of XYZ 47 was released yesterday and they pushed the thing harder than any other version. If anyone really wants the translation of the kiss scene in french I can do it, Amour was always way more pushed in the french version anyway especially Ash's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Nikki View Post
    Not gonna lie, it's kind of hard to predict if she'll come back at all. A lot of people thought Iris would come back in XY and she didn't. She didn't even get a cameo, did she? I know Serena is a lot more popular than Iris but still, who knows what the writers are planning.
    Iris got a special, so Serena HAS to get something, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Serena and her crush seem to have been tailor-made for XY Ash and his heroic/inspiration personality, so it'll be....odd to see her return and react to this over-the-top slapstick-punching-bag Ash. Of course, it'll be an audience draw, so it could happen, but it'll strange for her to go to Hoenn and then go out of her way to take a plane to PokeHawaii.

I have a feeling the writers just left with that ending as something they can always return to, but at the same time, also as a vague 'see you one day' type of thing that could also be forgotten ten years from now.
    I'm sure they can make Serena fit the mold of Sun and Moon to some degree.
    Last edited by xEryChan; 12th February 2017 at 3:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Nikki View Post
    I can feel she got the possibility to return. I just read some said there's something about March and her. We'll see. or maybe she'll get a special episode first.

Oh right, last Feb. 1, I watched XY059: Under the Pledging Tree in Tagalog( PH language) dub. I can't deny hearing it in our main language , it felt like really cheesy on Ash's side.
    Last edited by ⊱✿RedAshEntropy; 12th February 2017 at 1:37 PM.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

DAPixiv

Quote Originally Posted by Heekful View Post

Ps : If anyone is interested , the french dub of XYZ 47 was released yesterday and they pushed the thing harder than any other version. If anyone really wants the translation of the kiss scene in french I can do it, Amour was always way more pushed in the french version anyway especially Ash's side.
    I'm curious to know

So… this topic has probably been beaten to death before, but I want to get to know the amourshippers here on Serebii. What do you guys think are the chances of Serena going to Alola. I still think it's fairly high.

Like many have said, It's very hard to predict when or IF she will come back.

We know that Serena is now involved in contests in the hoenn region, maybe she will return for a cammeo or small arc, like more or less Dawn? this maybe in order to promote Pokémon Contests if we will have the remakes of Diamond and Pearl, afterall in the anime there's no difference between this kind of competitions held in hoenn or sinnoh ( and kanto if we consider the battle frontier season). It's not a big problem the fact that she's (for now?) in Hoenn, we had May in Sinnoh after her departure for Jotho. Writers, if they want, they will find a way. Take in mind, i don't believe much in this possibility but it's an idea. It's already hard to predict many things so far in S and M and the plots/arcs that may have for the next years, there are already many things different from the games.

Thing is, if she comes back, they can't not address what happened at the end of XY.

How's something like that going to be tastefully handled in a series like Sun&Moon?

Thing is, if she comes back, they can't not address what happened at the end of XY.

How's something like that going to be tastefully handled in a series like Sun&Moon?
    After seeing this, I too am now actually really curious as to how they would handle this. This would be the highlight of the season. XD

This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen of Alola.
    She's also a people person and loves to help out fellow
    Pokemon Sunsters and Moonsters.

My FC: 4742-8614-1947. Please PM me if you need help
    evolving Pokemon, getting Dex entries, or need some Sun-exclusive
    Festival Plaza shop. I may be able to help you out.

This is really a spur of the moment thought but Sun and Moon's style could easily fit someone like Iris who could get their cameo in an already more comedic region. This would allow a Serena special during gen 7 and then we could see her finish up in Hoenn and meet up with Ash for gen 8 or whatever they're planning. It would also give Ash a new region/gen to mature again and then Amour could be addressed more easily and efficiently. But then again there seems to be a lack of specials for gen 7 so I suppose this new movie could help shed some light on the future of Amour. Honestly I wouldn't mind waiting as long as the end result is better.

Knowing the writers they will probably pretend that it never happened to avoid complications

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    After seeing this, I too am now actually really curious as to how they would handle this. This would be the highlight of the season. XD
    It seems like a dilemma the writers probably wouldn't want to face, especially with how they chose to end it in XY.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    Knowing the writers they will probably pretend that it never happened to avoid complications
    Oh, that would open the hornet's nest. It's just better to not have her return at all instead of giving the impression that the crush is already forgotten.

Agreed.

For what it's worth, in a series of pokemon valentines fan art retweets, Masuda just retweeted fanart of Ash and Serena in Alola.

http://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/st...24466261024769

EDIT: Ash is in Alola, Serena isn't. But still.
    BLUE:

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSeaDragon View Post
    Agreed.

For what it's worth, in a series of pokemon valentines fan art retweets, Masuda just retweeted fanart of Ash and Serena in Alola.

http://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/st...24466261024769

EDIT: Ash is in Alola, Serena isn't. But still.
    I almost prefer it this way. In Masuda's mind, Ash and Serena have far from forgotten each other. The journey and the goodbye are still on their minds. Now they carry each other with them, wherever they go.

When May returned in the Diamond and Pearl series, Ash mentioned that the Terracotta Ribbon and the memories attached to it drove him through Sinnoh. As much as the AdvanceShipper in me doesn't like saying it, it's likely that now Serena drives him in Alola.
    Last edited by Manqoba; 14th February 2017 at 2:57 AM.

I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

I am actually quite interested on what was said, I could not find the vf episode on youtube.

The continuity in Sun & Moon is only a continuity about OS / 1 gen , there's still no X/Y references whatsoever so I don't think the continuity that Sun & Moon has is a good point for us, maybe after the movie that will change but we never know , it's too hard to predict the future of this show tbh because it's just full of fillers with no sense at all even when the 20th anniversary is close.
    Actually, when Lillie threw a Pokeball at Shiron (or at least tried), it referenced Dawn accidentally throwing a Pokeball at Ash. Since that was a DP reference, then I think that other gens like XY/XYZ will also be referenced. So I think that the chances of Serena going to Alola are still up there.

Actually, when Lillie threw a Pokeball at Shiron (or at least tried), it referenced Dawn accidentally throwing a Pokeball at Ash. Since that was a DP reference, then I think that other gens like XY/XYZ will also be referenced. So I think that the chances of Serena going to Alola are still up there.
    Where in the world is your logic coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Glaceona View Post
    And yeah, it's way too early for a Serena cameo in SM considering she just got started in Hoenn. (Still hoping for a special though.)
    Yea SM is still fresh, so I don't expect a Serena cameo until way later in the saga. Hopefully if she does inevitably return to be with Ash, she'll stick around for the remainder of the saga hee hee. I know that that might seem unlikely, but given Amourshipping's popularity in general and the backlash when she left at the end of XYZ, perhaps the writing staff will be persuaded to let her stay with Ash in Alola. :]

look guys im gonna be straight, one things is what we want and another way different is what we´re expected to actually get, i might talk about other subjects not so related with amour but it will only be to only make my point, so here i go:
    SM is obviously trying to do a homage to 1st generation much to what BW attempted to do at its moment, BW and SM are actually pretty similar due to the fact that both present a goofy ash, a kinda childish series and overall they are trying to do things different.
    what im trying to tell with this is for at least at this generation, IRIS has higher chances to make a cameo than serena´s do, due to the fact that both SM and BW have the same frequency on terms of approach, iris will see the same ash that she knew back on unova, and before anyone tell me anything, IM aHARDCORE AMOURSHIPPER but im just trying to give my point of view for what we most likely get, besides am i the only one around here that actually want serena´s to have a worthy return on a good series instead of make her appear on this lame one?.
    At least for me i think that iris suit better to return on SM than serena´s do due to the series approach, besides she didnt had a cameo o XY (thanks god) because: first she´s not that popular and second, the approach of XYZ was way different and more serious than BW was, what i actually want to is to tell u is that at least for me: im definely fine if serena´s doesnt make a cameo on this gen but she actually do it on 8th generation where at least i, expect her to have a good one with a good series along, cuz lets face it this is the way pokemon have been working for at least 10 years, they do a good generation followed by a bad one, to explain my self i´ll talk about DP which on personal opinion is the best generation (when it comes to story telling) on pokemon anime yet, there i loved dawn and felt as bad or worse than most of you when serena left us, then we got the lame BW generation, when dawn was announced to make a cameo i was really happy but when i actually watch her episode appearence i came to the conclusion that i would rather wanted her to not make her cameo cuz it was really bad developed, i actually think that it would be perfect if her cameo were made on XY (a good generation), that´s what im trying to tell u, if serena´s does get a cameo on SM (which would make me sorta happy) it as well might not be well developed due to the series focus and it would be an actual waste to bring her back thats why i would rather want iris to come back on SM (a fu*cked character for a fu*cked series) and wait for a worthy serena´s return on a worthy series.
    People please i dont know if i made myself clear but as i said before i love pearlshipping and amourshipping, (both are somehow part of me) and i just want serena to be treated the way she deserves on a worthy generation (i dont want her to be thought the same situation that dawn had).
    So please, if somehow has something to tell/ agree with me just tell me and sorry if i bring things that i should to this thread but it was only to make myself clear, GOOD NIGHT
    Last edited by cf16polo; 17th February 2017 at 9:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    look guys im gonna be straight, one things is what we want and another way different is what we´re expected to actually get, i might talk about other subjects not so related with amour but it will only be to only make my point, so here i go:
    SM is obviously trying to do a homage to 1st generation much to what BW attempted to do at its moment, BW and SM are actually pretty similar due to the fact that both present a goofy ash, a kinda childish series and overall they are trying to do things different.
    what im trying to tell with this is for at least at this generation, IRIS has higher chances to make a cameo than serena´s do, due to the fact that both SM and BW have the same frequency on terms of approach, iris will see the same ash that she knew back on unova, and before anyone tell me anything, IM aHARDCORE AMOURSHIPPER but im just trying to give my point of view for what we most likely get, besides am i the only one around here that actually want serena´s to have a worthy return on a good series instead of make her appear on this lame one?.
    At least for me i think that iris suit better to return on SM than serena´s do due to the series approach, besides she didnt had a cameo o XY (thanks god) because: first she´s not that popular and second, the approach of XYZ was way different and more serious than BW was, what i actually want to is to tell u is that at least for me: im definely fine if serena´s doesnt make a cameo on this gen but she actually do it on 8th generation where at least i, expect her to have a good one with a good series along, cuz lets face it this is the way pokemon have been working for at least 10 years, they do a good generation followed by a bad one, to explain my self i´ll talk about DP which on personal opinion is the best generation (when it comes to story telling) on pokemon anime yet, there i loved dawn and felt as bad or worse than most of you when serena left us, then we got the lame BW generation, when dawn was announced to make a cameo i was really happy but when i actually watch her episode appearence i came to the conclusion that i would rather wanted her to not make her cameo cuz it was really bad developed, i actually think that it would be perfect if her cameo were made on XY (a good generation), that´s what im trying to tell u, if serena´s does get a cameo on SM (which would make me sorta happy) it as well might not be well developed due to the series focus and it would be an actual waste to bring her back thats why i would rather want iris to come back on SM (a fu*cked character for a fu*cked series) and wait for a worthy serena´s return on a worthy series.
    People please i dont know if i made myself clear but as i said before i love pearlshipping and amourshipping, (both are somehow part of me) and i just want serena to be treated the way she deserves on a worthy generation (i dont want her to be thought the same situation that dawn had).
    So please, if somehow has something to tell/ agree with me just tell me and sorry if i bring things that i should to this thread but it was only to make myself clear, GOOD NIGHT
    I promise you that your not the only one who wants her to appear in gen 8 because I predict she will appear in gen 8 if she doesn't appear in SM.
    And truly SM ash doesn't act that immature actually but it's the comedy of SM that makes me agree with you overall though words from janichi Madura make it seem like there will be a Serena cameo since in an interview it was hinted that there washing to be a mystery female character in SM anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    With each passing day, I see more and more people saying that they'd prefer to see Serena after Gen VII.

I can agree with this opinion to an extent, mostly because I believe that SM, the way it is now, isn't worthy of having Serena on its show. She's too great of a character to be wasted away at a school in Alola.

However, when/if (please be when) Ash leaves school and starts traveling the islands, it would be nice to see Serena again. <3
    X-XXVII-MMXVI

Putting Serena in SM right now is the worst thing you could do with her. I like the fact that the first leg of SM is dedicated to foreshadowing and setting up future plots and dynamics. If Serena inserts herself into the series now, she'll damage the flow of the series. She'd be a glorified filler arc character. The attention would shift from the new characters like Lillie to Ash and Serena, a plot I really don't want at the point and time.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Putting Serena in SM right now is the worst thing you could do with her. I like the fact that the first leg of SM is dedicated to foreshadowing and setting up future plots and dynamics. If Serena inserts herself into the series now, she'll damage the flow of the series. She'd be a glorified filler arc character.
    Usually the past female companions return in the second to third years of the series so she won't be returning right away.

Anyways I don't really care if they bring up the kiss or not; I just want to see a more comedic approach and more bantering to amourshipping rather than having Serena worship Ash like he's a god again and act like he can do no wrong.
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

Page 173 of 176 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176 LastLast