Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187
Results 4,651 to 4,672 of 4672

Thread: Amourshipping Thread V3

If the writers/producers did take note of the date for the kiss, could use it for merchandising if anything. If anything, next year could have something as enough time will have passed but for now I don't see anything special happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajas View Post
    If the writers/producers did take note of the date for the kiss, could use it for merchandising if anything. If anything, next year could have something as enough time will have passed but for now I don't see anything special happening.
    ^This. They're focused on telling SM's story now. The kiss, while glorious, is certainly not at the forefront of their minds for referencing in an episode that has nothing to do with it. And I'd prefer it that way. No shoehorning.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    ^This. They're focused on telling SM's story now. The kiss, while glorious, is certainly not at the forefront of their minds for referencing in an episode that has nothing to do with it. And I'd prefer it that way. No shoehorning.
    Same, I have too much care for Serena and also her dynamic with Ash to just see it shoehorned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    Time to get this thread on the move!

A. Would you have Serena appear in a cameo in SM?

B. Would you have Serena have her own episode?

C. Would you have Serena appear in Gen 8?

Which one would you guys want?
    A: No because I'd rather see how the story grows. It's rather too soon. Maybe the next series…

B: To me, she already had some episodes about her. She needs her own series just like Ash (Satoshi) has currently similar to the Indigo League but the story would focus on her Kalos Queen journey. Since she went to Hoenn on her next journey, she'll run into May who is called the Princess of Hoenn. Who knows maybe May and Serena will battle for Ash's love. Ooooo I sense a plot twist!

C: If it means after Sun & Moon, most definitely!

Well, we can celebrate the 27th anyway cause we all know what happened then

We might even see some sort of hint towards AmourShipping in the coming weeks or the 27th itself now wouldn't that be great?!

Do you guys think that could happen? Could the writers or anyone put an explicit Amour hint or something that has to do with Amour in general?

Also its nice to see the place up and running a bit more than usual
    I'd keep an eye on Shokotan's twitter, she might mention it. She did bring it up during the broadcast of the Lati@s movie this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    I'd keep an eye on Shokotan's twitter, she might mention it. She did bring it up during the broadcast of the Lati@s movie this summer.
    Hopefully one of the writers mention it, that's all that really matters

Credit to FairyWitch and her AMAZING shop! Seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ask her for a signature!

Hopefully one of the writers mention it, that's all that really matters
    I wonder if Tetsuo Yajima will mention it on his Twitter; besides from being the director of X&Y, he did storyboard the kiss episode after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor Bug2005 View Post
    I wonder if Tetsuo Yajima will mention it on his Twitter; besides from being the director of X&Y, he did storyboard the kiss episode after all.
    Yeah he might mention it as well

Credit to FairyWitch and her AMAZING shop! Seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ask her for a signature!

Happy AmourShipping Day AmourShipping Week Day Ash and Serena Met Day XY First Aired in Japan!

But in all seriousness, the SS Amour is celebrating the 17th to the 27th as our very own 10-day AmourShipping Week. So, from us to you, happy AmourShipping Week!

Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

Such amazing times :'(

I gotta be honest right now. I never really have been much of an Amourshipper to be honest. I knew of Serena’s crush on Ash since the beginning but it was going to have to take a lot for me to start shipping Amour.

Well, then I watched that final episode of XY and I am now an Amourshipper. It’s not my OTP by any means sorry but Pearlshipping will always hold that title but I have come to accept that Ash is meant to be with Serena in the end and I’ve even become quite fond of this pairing. That scene in the aiport where Serena told Ash that he is her goal was just so darn cute and it made me go, “aww” while watching. Then there’s that kiss. It was nice to see Serena gain the courage to go up and kiss Ash.

It would be nice to see Serena come back in SM. I wonder what her reaction would be to see Ash in the SM anime since he is not the same Ash that was in XY personality wise so I wonder how Serena would react to him, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Rush View Post
    I gotta be honest right now. I never really have been much of an Amourshipper to be honest. I knew of Serena’s crush on Ash since the beginning but it was going to have to take a lot for me to start shipping Amour.

Well, then I watched that final episode of XY and I am now an Amourshipper. It’s not my OTP by any means sorry but Pearlshipping will always hold that title but I have come to accept that Ash is meant to be with Serena in the end and I’ve even become quite fond of this pairing. That scene in the aiport where Serena told Ash that he is her goal was just so darn cute and it made me go, “aww” while watching. Then there’s that kiss. It was nice to see Serena gain the courage to go up and kiss Ash.

It would be nice to see Serena come back in SM. I wonder what her reaction would be to see Ash in the SM anime since he is not the same Ash that was in XY personality wise so I wonder how Serena would react to him, to be honest.
    I myself never really cared about any ships per say but I found myself drawn to Serena and Ash's dynamic. With the effort the writers put into their story it'd be weird if they don't end up together in the end even if we may never see it. As for if she saw SM Ash, she'd still be smitten because he still has his hero tendencies in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Rush View Post

Tbh, I used to be a PearlShipper myself. But back when DP was airing, I was still just a kid so I didn't really understand the true concepts of shipping back then; about the community, the fanart & fanfics, the AMVs, etc. I also only watched parts of the dub, therefore stagnating my desire to watch Pearl blossom.

In the end, the anime staff at the time dropped the ball and left Ash & Dawn as friends. I was kind of disappointed and didn't continue watching the anime until one day last May, I ran into a random XY clip on YouTube. It was when Serena had torn the dress that Valerie had given her in one of her performances and she had to improvise by turning it into a skirt of sorts. Ash said she looked great, Serena got flustered, and in my mind, I was like, "Holy hell, she's cute. Who is she, does she have a thing for Ash, etc". I looked more into the XY/Z series and ended up binge-watching every episode that was available at the time & became obsessed with Amour.

That's my story, haha; hope you enjoy.
    X-XXVII-MMXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Don Velasquez View Post
    Tbh, I used to be a PearlShipper myself. But back when DP was airing, I was still just a kid so I didn't really understand the true concepts of shipping back then; about the community, the fanart & fanfics, the AMVs, etc. I also only watched parts of the dub, therefore stagnating my desire to watch Pearl blossom.

In the end, the anime staff at the time dropped the ball and left Ash & Dawn as friends. I was kind of disappointed and didn't continue watching the anime until one day last May, I ran into a random XY clip on YouTube. It was when Serena had torn the dress that Valerie had given her in one of her performances and she had to improvise by turning it into a skirt of sorts. Ash said she looked great, Serena got flustered, and in my mind, I was like, "Holy hell, she's cute. Who is she, does she have a thing for Ash, etc". I looked more into the XY/Z series and ended up binge-watching every episode that was available at the time & became obsessed with Amour.

That's my story, haha; hope you enjoy.
    I'd have to admit, Amour is pretty adorable even in my eyes and Serena is also a very adorable character. Probably the only pair I'd ever accept in Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajas View Post
    I'd have to admit, Amour is pretty adorable even in my eyes and Serena is also a very adorable character. Probably the only pair I'd ever accept in Pokemon.
    Correction: the only pair WORTH accepting.

Quote Originally Posted by z0mbiesrock View Post
    Maybe to you, not to everyone though. I support many differents other than Amour. All ships are worthy of accepting.

That bejng said, Amour is still pretty cute and I felt it was interesting seeing a girl come on the show having a backstory that involved Ash somehow and ended developing feelings for him in the end. I was glad to see her confess her feelings for him and kissing him before she left to go to Hoenn.
    Last edited by Victorian Rush; 21st October 2017 at 6:53 PM.

Haha to me it's the only one I'd ever fully accept but yeah every ship has their right. I will admit though that this one is the one that feels most pure to me if that makes sense and the way it was written was great to me even if I may have wanted some more things here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by z0mbiesrock View Post
    Well maybe if the writers made it less one sided that'd be true, however the writers can never be trusted anymore and they screwed up again.
    Seriously it feels like ash and Serena didn't have moments other than ash just encouraging Serena to do good and ash being totally oblivious of everything serena does around him that is a shipping hint. All the other ships before had some chemistry even if the writers didn't support the idea of them being canon however the writers actually support amour but made it totally one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedGenGenesect View Post
    Well maybe if the writers made it less one sided that'd be true, however the writers can never be trusted anymore and they screwed up again.
    Seriously it feels like ash and Serena didn't have moments other than ash just encouraging Serena to do good and ash being totally oblivious of everything serena does around him that is a shipping hint. All the other ships before had some chemistry even if the writers didn't support the idea of them being canon however the writers actually support amour but made it totally one sided.
    Ash had a typical amount of hints, at least as far as Ash goes. It's not like his obliviousness was just created in XY. He's always been like this, and pre-XY fanworks prove it was a trope long before Serena showed up on the scene. I don't know how long you've been around here (judging by your join date, not very long at all), but the way that things worked pre-XY was that pairings were judged almost entirely by the girl's hints. By that standard, Serena won by a landslide.

I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

Respectfully disagree with it being one sided. Ash showed his interest in her the only way he knew how to imo, he isn't someone who generally understands feelings which is made known throughout all series where he is pretty dense to anything above the spectrum of Pokemon battle hype and general excitement of meeting Pokemon. Instead they showed his general interest in Serena and her succeeding at something through his actions, whether it be a gift, a compliment here and there, his general awe when looking at her, him picking up on when she worries with issues (something he never really did before) and the general happiness he got from seeing her and her Pokemon happy. Could the writers have done more? There's always more that could have been done but if it fell into what the higher ups deemed as suitable for tv is another story. Does Ash feel as strong for Serena as she does for Ash? Hard to tell but I doubt at this stage it would have ever been explored to that depth. Does he feel more for her than he did for previous companions? I'd say yes simply based on how they wrote him this time around.

Ash had a typical amount of hints, at least as far as Ash goes. It's not like his obliviousness was just created in XY. He's always been like this, and pre-XY fanworks prove it was a trope long before Serena showed up on the scene. I don't know how long you've been around here (judging by your join date, not very long at all), but the way that things worked pre-XY was that pairings were judged almost entirely by the girl's hints. By that standard, Serena won by a landslide.
    Yes your right his obliviousness wasn't just in XY however my point is that while he used to be oblivious the hints in the past sagas included the characters actually doing stuff like bickering and while that may seem bad its pretty much the equivalant of the phrase, 'the more you argue the closer you get' which was actually indicated to be the case in some episodes when it happened (even addressed by some characters making it like the writers intentionally made it a shipping hint which they did) and this happened with all the pre-BW ships However with ash helping serena there was no real big clue that they were really standing out as hints but just as ash being a good friend however serena and the hints mentioned before in the pre-BW saga obviously were showing that they were intentional hints.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedGenGenesect View Post
    Yes your right his obliviousness wasn't just in XY however my point is that while he used to be oblivious the hints in the past sagas included the characters actually doing stuff like bickering and while that may seem bad its pretty much the equivalant of the phrase, 'the more you argue the closer you get' which was actually indicated to be the case in some episodes when it happened (even addressed by some characters making it like the writers intentionally made it a shipping hint which they did) and this happened with all the pre-BW ships However with ash helping serena there was no real big clue that they were really standing out as hints but just as ash being a good friend however serena and the hints mentioned before in the pre-BW saga obviously were showing that they were intentional hints.
    I'd say that most of us would disagree. Things like Ash postponing his gym match just for Serena to go to the Master Class was a pretty big difference as far as things went and not one he'd ever done before in the series. Manqoba is right in the sense that they didn't really change who he was before, and a lot of us liked the fact that they weren't fighting over stupid things all the time. Serena would get exasperated at them, but she never started an argument over it. Likewise, it's doubtful the producers would have allowed much more, as Rajas said.

In essence, I'd argue it was less one-sided (as far as Ash could go in that direction) as before considering Ash did things for her that he'd never done or cared for with any other girl in the past or since of his own volition.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187