Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174
Results 4,326 to 4,339 of 4339

Thread: Amourshipping Thread V3

  1. #4326
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    7,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glaceona View Post
    And yeah, it's way too early for a Serena cameo in SM considering she just got started in Hoenn. (Still hoping for a special though.)
    Yea SM is still fresh, so I don't expect a Serena cameo until way later in the saga. Hopefully if she does inevitably return to be with Ash, she'll stick around for the remainder of the saga hee hee. I know that that might seem unlikely, but given Amourshipping's popularity in general and the backlash when she left at the end of XYZ, perhaps the writing staff will be persuaded to let her stay with Ash in Alola. :]


  2. #4327
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    46

    Default

    look guys im gonna be straight, one things is what we want and another way different is what we´re expected to actually get, i might talk about other subjects not so related with amour but it will only be to only make my point, so here i go:
    SM is obviously trying to do a homage to 1st generation much to what BW attempted to do at its moment, BW and SM are actually pretty similar due to the fact that both present a goofy ash, a kinda childish series and overall they are trying to do things different.
    what im trying to tell with this is for at least at this generation, IRIS has higher chances to make a cameo than serena´s do, due to the fact that both SM and BW have the same frequency on terms of approach, iris will see the same ash that she knew back on unova, and before anyone tell me anything, IM aHARDCORE AMOURSHIPPER but im just trying to give my point of view for what we most likely get, besides am i the only one around here that actually want serena´s to have a worthy return on a good series instead of make her appear on this lame one?.
    At least for me i think that iris suit better to return on SM than serena´s do due to the series approach, besides she didnt had a cameo o XY (thanks god) because: first she´s not that popular and second, the approach of XYZ was way different and more serious than BW was, what i actually want to is to tell u is that at least for me: im definely fine if serena´s doesnt make a cameo on this gen but she actually do it on 8th generation where at least i, expect her to have a good one with a good series along, cuz lets face it this is the way pokemon have been working for at least 10 years, they do a good generation followed by a bad one, to explain my self i´ll talk about DP which on personal opinion is the best generation (when it comes to story telling) on pokemon anime yet, there i loved dawn and felt as bad or worse than most of you when serena left us, then we got the lame BW generation, when dawn was announced to make a cameo i was really happy but when i actually watch her episode appearence i came to the conclusion that i would rather wanted her to not make her cameo cuz it was really bad developed, i actually think that it would be perfect if her cameo were made on XY (a good generation), that´s what im trying to tell u, if serena´s does get a cameo on SM (which would make me sorta happy) it as well might not be well developed due to the series focus and it would be an actual waste to bring her back thats why i would rather want iris to come back on SM (a fu*cked character for a fu*cked series) and wait for a worthy serena´s return on a worthy series.
    People please i dont know if i made myself clear but as i said before i love pearlshipping and amourshipping, (both are somehow part of me) and i just want serena to be treated the way she deserves on a worthy generation (i dont want her to be thought the same situation that dawn had).
    So please, if somehow has something to tell/ agree with me just tell me and sorry if i bring things that i should to this thread but it was only to make myself clear, GOOD NIGHT
    Last edited by cf16polo; 17th February 2017 at 10:14 AM.

  3. #4328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    look guys im gonna be straight, one things is what we want and another way different is what we´re expected to actually get, i might talk about other subjects not so related with amour but it will only be to only make my point, so here i go:
    SM is obviously trying to do a homage to 1st generation much to what BW attempted to do at its moment, BW and SM are actually pretty similar due to the fact that both present a goofy ash, a kinda childish series and overall they are trying to do things different.
    what im trying to tell with this is for at least at this generation, IRIS has higher chances to make a cameo than serena´s do, due to the fact that both SM and BW have the same frequency on terms of approach, iris will see the same ash that she knew back on unova, and before anyone tell me anything, IM aHARDCORE AMOURSHIPPER but im just trying to give my point of view for what we most likely get, besides am i the only one around here that actually want serena´s to have a worthy return on a good series instead of make her appear on this lame one?.
    At least for me i think that iris suit better to return on SM than serena´s do due to the series approach, besides she didnt had a cameo o XY (thanks god) because: first she´s not that popular and second, the approach of XYZ was way different and more serious than BW was, what i actually want to is to tell u is that at least for me: im definely fine if serena´s doesnt make a cameo on this gen but she actually do it on 8th generation where at least i, expect her to have a good one with a good series along, cuz lets face it this is the way pokemon have been working for at least 10 years, they do a good generation followed by a bad one, to explain my self i´ll talk about DP which on personal opinion is the best generation (when it comes to story telling) on pokemon anime yet, there i loved dawn and felt as bad or worse than most of you when serena left us, then we got the lame BW generation, when dawn was announced to make a cameo i was really happy but when i actually watch her episode appearence i came to the conclusion that i would rather wanted her to not make her cameo cuz it was really bad developed, i actually think that it would be perfect if her cameo were made on XY (a good generation), that´s what im trying to tell u, if serena´s does get a cameo on SM (which would make me sorta happy) it as well might not be well developed due to the series focus and it would be an actual waste to bring her back thats why i would rather want iris to come back on SM (a fu*cked character for a fu*cked series) and wait for a worthy serena´s return on a worthy series.
    People please i dont know if i made myself clear but as i said before i love pearlshipping and amourshipping, (both are somehow part of me) and i just want serena to be treated the way she deserves on a worthy generation (i dont want her to be thought the same situation that dawn had).
    So please, if somehow has something to tell/ agree with me just tell me and sorry if i bring things that i should to this thread but it was only to make myself clear, GOOD NIGHT
    I promise you that your not the only one who wants her to appear in gen 8 because I predict she will appear in gen 8 if she doesn't appear in SM.
    And truly SM ash doesn't act that immature actually but it's the comedy of SM that makes me agree with you overall though words from janichi Madura make it seem like there will be a Serena cameo since in an interview it was hinted that there washing to be a mystery female character in SM anyways.

  4. #4329
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Otherside
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    look guys im gonna be straight, one things is what we want and another way different is what we´re expected to actually get, i might talk about other subjects not so related with amour but it will only be to only make my point, so here i go:
    SM is obviously trying to do a homage to 1st generation much to what BW attempted to do at its moment, BW and SM are actually pretty similar due to the fact that both present a goofy ash, a kinda childish series and overall they are trying to do things different.
    what im trying to tell with this is for at least at this generation, IRIS has higher chances to make a cameo than serena´s do, due to the fact that both SM and BW have the same frequency on terms of approach, iris will see the same ash that she knew back on unova, and before anyone tell me anything, IM aHARDCORE AMOURSHIPPER but im just trying to give my point of view for what we most likely get, besides am i the only one around here that actually want serena´s to have a worthy return on a good series instead of make her appear on this lame one?.
    At least for me i think that iris suit better to return on SM than serena´s do due to the series approach, besides she didnt had a cameo o XY (thanks god) because: first she´s not that popular and second, the approach of XYZ was way different and more serious than BW was, what i actually want to is to tell u is that at least for me: im definely fine if serena´s doesnt make a cameo on this gen but she actually do it on 8th generation where at least i, expect her to have a good one with a good series along, cuz lets face it this is the way pokemon have been working for at least 10 years, they do a good generation followed by a bad one, to explain my self i´ll talk about DP which on personal opinion is the best generation (when it comes to story telling) on pokemon anime yet, there i loved dawn and felt as bad or worse than most of you when serena left us, then we got the lame BW generation, when dawn was announced to make a cameo i was really happy but when i actually watch her episode appearence i came to the conclusion that i would rather wanted her to not make her cameo cuz it was really bad developed, i actually think that it would be perfect if her cameo were made on XY (a good generation), that´s what im trying to tell u, if serena´s does get a cameo on SM (which would make me sorta happy) it as well might not be well developed due to the series focus and it would be an actual waste to bring her back thats why i would rather want iris to come back on SM (a fu*cked character for a fu*cked series) and wait for a worthy serena´s return on a worthy series.
    People please i dont know if i made myself clear but as i said before i love pearlshipping and amourshipping, (both are somehow part of me) and i just want serena to be treated the way she deserves on a worthy generation (i dont want her to be thought the same situation that dawn had).
    So please, if somehow has something to tell/ agree with me just tell me and sorry if i bring things that i should to this thread but it was only to make myself clear, GOOD NIGHT
    With each passing day, I see more and more people saying that they'd prefer to see Serena after Gen VII.

    I can agree with this opinion to an extent, mostly because I believe that SM, the way it is now, isn't worthy of having Serena on its show. She's too great of a character to be wasted away at a school in Alola.

    However, when/if (please be when) Ash leaves school and starts traveling the islands, it would be nice to see Serena again. <3
    X-XXVII-MMXVI | The hardest part of ending is starting again.

  5. #4330
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Putting Serena in SM right now is the worst thing you could do with her. I like the fact that the first leg of SM is dedicated to foreshadowing and setting up future plots and dynamics. If Serena inserts herself into the series now, she'll damage the flow of the series. She'd be a glorified filler arc character. The attention would shift from the new characters like Lillie to Ash and Serena, a plot I really don't want at the point and time.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

    "Momentai!"

    But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

  6. #4331
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    8,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Putting Serena in SM right now is the worst thing you could do with her. I like the fact that the first leg of SM is dedicated to foreshadowing and setting up future plots and dynamics. If Serena inserts herself into the series now, she'll damage the flow of the series. She'd be a glorified filler arc character.
    Usually the past female companions return in the second to third years of the series so she won't be returning right away.

    Anyways I don't really care if they bring up the kiss or not; I just want to see a more comedic approach and more bantering to amourshipping rather than having Serena worship Ash like he's a god again and act like he can do no wrong.
    Credit goes to PikaWaltz

  7. #4332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    look guys im gonna be straight, one things is what we want and another way different is what we´re expected to actually get, i might talk about other subjects not so related with amour but it will only be to only make my point, so here i go:
    SM is obviously trying to do a homage to 1st generation much to what BW attempted to do at its moment, BW and SM are actually pretty similar due to the fact that both present a goofy ash, a kinda childish series and overall they are trying to do things different.
    what im trying to tell with this is for at least at this generation, IRIS has higher chances to make a cameo than serena´s do, due to the fact that both SM and BW have the same frequency on terms of approach, iris will see the same ash that she knew back on unova, and before anyone tell me anything, IM aHARDCORE AMOURSHIPPER but im just trying to give my point of view for what we most likely get, besides am i the only one around here that actually want serena´s to have a worthy return on a good series instead of make her appear on this lame one?.
    At least for me i think that iris suit better to return on SM than serena´s do due to the series approach, besides she didnt had a cameo o XY (thanks god) because: first she´s not that popular and second, the approach of XYZ was way different and more serious than BW was, what i actually want to is to tell u is that at least for me: im definely fine if serena´s doesnt make a cameo on this gen but she actually do it on 8th generation where at least i, expect her to have a good one with a good series along, cuz lets face it this is the way pokemon have been working for at least 10 years, they do a good generation followed by a bad one, to explain my self i´ll talk about DP which on personal opinion is the best generation (when it comes to story telling) on pokemon anime yet, there i loved dawn and felt as bad or worse than most of you when serena left us, then we got the lame BW generation, when dawn was announced to make a cameo i was really happy but when i actually watch her episode appearence i came to the conclusion that i would rather wanted her to not make her cameo cuz it was really bad developed, i actually think that it would be perfect if her cameo were made on XY (a good generation), that´s what im trying to tell u, if serena´s does get a cameo on SM (which would make me sorta happy) it as well might not be well developed due to the series focus and it would be an actual waste to bring her back thats why i would rather want iris to come back on SM (a fu*cked character for a fu*cked series) and wait for a worthy serena´s return on a worthy series.
    People please i dont know if i made myself clear but as i said before i love pearlshipping and amourshipping, (both are somehow part of me) and i just want serena to be treated the way she deserves on a worthy generation (i dont want her to be thought the same situation that dawn had).
    So please, if somehow has something to tell/ agree with me just tell me and sorry if i bring things that i should to this thread but it was only to make myself clear, GOOD NIGHT
    My main worry is that there might not be a gen 8 and by then the opportunity for Serena's return will be gone. I think she will return in the next season when Ash gets out of school. I would prefer gen 8, but better safe than sorry. Just imagine if every pokegirl, Iris included, made a return but Serena didn't. That would be downright awful for me. I just need something to reassure me. Anything at all. I need more information. I need a sign before I can say "let's wait until gen 8."

  8. #4333
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    Usually the past female companions return in the second to third years of the series so she won't be returning right away.

    Anyways I don't really care if they bring up the kiss or not; I just want to see a more comedic approach and more bantering to amourshipping rather than having Serena worship Ash like he's a god again and act like he can do no wrong.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind a more comedic/lighthearted dynamic should Serena return in SM, but people tend to exaggerate Serena's admiration for Ash in XY(Z). I mean, she clearly admired him, I'm not denying that, but there's a big difference between admiring someone and worshipping them. Serena is well aware that Ash has his faults, and she has addressed them when the situation called for it. She had no problem scolding him over the cake incident in XY28, for example, or when he nearly got himself vaporized in lava in XY86 while trying to save Talonflame (though I will agree that she (and the others) could have been a bit more severe in their reactions to this one, at least in the dub). At the very least XY121/XYZ28 made it pretty clear that she was more than willing to stand up for herself if she felt that Ash was treating her badly, which is not a reaction that I'd expect from someone who believed that the other person was doing no wrong.
    Last edited by Glaceona; 18th February 2017 at 12:31 AM.

  9. #4334
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glaceona View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind a more comedic/lighthearted dynamic should Serena return in SM, but people really tend to exaggerate Serena's admiration for Ash in XY(Z). I mean, she clearly admired him, I'm not denying that, but there's a big difference between admiring someone and worshipping them. Serena is well aware that Ash has his faults, and she has addressed them when the situation called for it. She had no problem scolding him over the cake incident in XY28, for example, or when he nearly got himself vaporized in lava in XY86 while trying to save Talonflame (though I will agree that she (and the others) could have been a bit more severe in their reactions to this one, at least in the dub). At the very least XY121/XYZ28 made it pretty clear that she was more than willing to stand up for herself if she felt that Ash was treating her badly, which is not a reaction that I'd expect from someone who believed that the other person could "do no wrong".
    It's less of worship and more of unsatisfying interaction. Throughout the entire XY series, I never enjoyed the group chemistry as a whole. There was too little negativity. I'm hoping SM would correct this so it can feel more natural and less wooden.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

    "Momentai!"

    But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

  10. #4335
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    6,070

    Default

    Ash/Serena was lacking in terms of natural banter. It felt too polite and serious, and too many conversations about goals. If you're going to pass it off as less of a gag and more of a budding love story, at least put some chemistry other than some Anakin and Padme "Two attractive people...They're in love!" The writers completely nailed it in one aspect, but definitely forgot the other.

  11. #4336
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Ash/Serena was lacking in terms of natural banter. It felt too polite and serious, and too many conversations about goals. If you're going to pass it off as less of a gag and more of a budding love story, at least put some chemistry other than some Anakin and Padme "Two attractive people...They're in love!" The writers completely nailed it in one aspect, but definitely forgot the other.
    The irony is that their talks about goals were the few scenes where I found their friendship most compelling, Ash serving as a mentor figure for Serena.


  12. #4337
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    The irony is that their talks about goals were the few scenes where I found their friendship most compelling, Ash serving as a mentor figure for Serena.
    That's probably the place it feels most natural, but when you overuse it, you fall into a pitfall. It soon becomes this strange mix of "we're kind of interacting but not really because this feels like a tape recording."
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

    "Momentai!"

    But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

  13. #4338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    That's probably the place it feels most natural, but when you overuse it, you fall into a pitfall. It soon becomes this strange mix of "we're kind of interacting but not really because this feels like a tape recording."
    Because all of the past groups acted differently towards each other I tend to predict what will happen in a specific situation and especially because of bonnie Amourshipping is literally like something that Serena needs to achieve by making it truly happen.

  14. #4339
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seiya0890 View Post
    I am actually quite interested on what was said, I could not find the vf episode on youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by 04n70n10 View Post
    I'm curious to know
    Sorry , I watched it only in live TV and I can't really remember how it played (I especially don't want to give false infos)

    I'll wait till the episode leak on the net and by then I'll give you a proper translation.
    I know for a fact that the "attractive woman" line was conserved but she said "person" instead and after the "I'll be better/more attractive person for you" Ash actually said "I'm sure" in this version which is pretty cool because in french that show a little more confidence on Ash's side (they also added a sound effect by Ash after the kiss who sounds like he liked it a lot but that's speculation).

    I also want to see if they pushed more Ash's side in XYZ 45, just need to wait I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triforce Charizard View Post
    My main worry is that there might not be a gen 8 and by then the opportunity for Serena's return will be gone. I think she will return in the next season when Ash gets out of school. I would prefer gen 8, but better safe than sorry. Just imagine if every pokegirl, Iris included, made a return but Serena didn't. That would be downright awful for me. I just need something to reassure me. Anything at all. I need more information. I need a sign before I can say "let's wait until gen 8."

    Of course there's gonna be a gen 8 , the games did really well (especially in USA) so you don't even need to have worries.

    However , can you picture the community at the end of S&M when gen 8 games will come out ? How can Serena be the priority for a cameo at that time ? I'm not even a Lillie's fan don't get me wrong (you probably know that already lol) but the priority will obviously be Lillie at that time (or another Alola character).

    S&M is the last chance we have to see Serena again, don't expect her in the anime anymore if they didn't bring her back after Alola just like the poor Iris who got treated like sh*t for no real reasons, it was a tradition after all to bring the old girls back after their respective saga before X/Y and Serena is following the same path as Iris if there's no special episode about her this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedGenGenesect View Post
    Because all of the past groups acted differently towards each other I tend to predict what will happen in a specific situation and especially because of bonnie Amourshipping is literally like something that Serena needs to achieve by making it truly happen.
    I don't know what Bonnie has to do with Amour , sure she is aware of the whole thing but if she's never seen again, that will be useless at the end just like Shauna.
    "Real eyes , realize , real lies"

Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •