Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 4836

Thread: Amourshipping Thread V3

You guys sure as hell are positive that she's returning in Gen VIII and further, as a "permanent" character. If she can't even return in SM as minor character to say at least, what chances does she have in future installments? For all I care, the writers would rather move on with a new gal than use past companions to promote the anime. The most realistic possibility I can think of is a special episode or maybe 10-15 years from now where XY gets a remake and Serena has to promote the games or if Ash's journey comes to an end or....I dunno....get an appearance in SM.

Quote Originally Posted by asuna07neros View Post
    You guys sure as hell are positive that she's returning in Gen VIII and further, as a "permanent" character. If she can't even return in SM as minor character to say at least, what chances does she have in future installments? For all I care, the writers would rather move on with a new gal than use past companions to promote the anime. The most realistic possibility I can think of is a special episode or maybe 10-15 years from now where XY gets a remake and Serena has to promote the games or if Ash's journey comes to an end or....I dunno....get an appearance in SM.
    Well you've got to have hope right? It ofc is never a sure thing but we're just speaking our preferences of how and where we'd like her to return. Logically, the way she was written should exclude her from returning in SM, it's just too soon but again depending on who calls the shots now as head writer etc may ruin that development she had in XY. They also may move on to a new girl as well, it is the norm after all. I personally wanted her to be a permanent companion because I wanted to see more than one story unfold and as she has so much potential to grow, she's one of my top picks then Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Velasquez View Post
    I'd rather just see a special of Serena in Hoenn at this point, tbh. Leave Serena for Gen VIII, to rekindle the Amour flame in person.

Nope, nope, nope. Serena is too precious a character to be WASTED as gag filler on a pitiful series such as SM. Let her develop some more and bring her back when the anime goes back to normal.
    Excuse me if I sound like a broken record right now, but how do you know - and I want concrete proof right now - that Gen 8 will not be exactly like Gen 7? Or are you basing Gen 8 off your own headcanons?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajas View Post
    Well you've got to have hope right? It ofc is never a sure thing but we're just speaking our preferences of how and where we'd like her to return. Logically, the way she was written should exclude her from returning in SM, it's just too soon but again depending on who calls the shots now as head writer etc may ruin that development she had in XY. They also may move on to a new girl as well, it is the norm after all. I personally wanted her to be a permanent companion because I wanted to see more than one story unfold and as she has so much potential to grow, she's one of my top picks then Brock.
    I want the exact opposite. Turning her into a permanent companion would turn her into a washed up old hasbeen like Ash.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 22nd November 2017 at 5:53 PM.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I want the exact opposite. Turning her into a permanent companion would turn her into a washed up old hasbeen like Ash.
    That's if you consider Ash to be a washed up has been, most people still like Ash even if his league placings have been a great disservice. He has shown growth mostly and we see something new from him all the time. Serena in a way could similarly remain fresh imo, would work for Brock as well, even Dawn imo if they were permanent characters like Ash/Pikachu and well TRio.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggenrola View Post
    Serena is no different from any other generational Pokegirl. To think she has any chance of returning as a permanent character is sheer delusion.

She was marketing for Gen 6, but Gen 6 is over now, and thus so is Serena's role in the series.
    Well that's why this thread is here, for everyone to enjoy our 'sheer delusion' right? So why does it bother you? Serena as a character is still highly marketable btw even though gen VI is done so who's to really say what will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Excuse me if I sound like a broken record right now, but how do you know - and I want concrete proof right now - that Gen 8 will not be exactly like Gen 7? Or are you basing Gen 8 off your own headcanons?

I'm honestly just hoping that Gen VIII* will be something different from Gen VII*. SM hasn't been hit the weekly top 10 TV rankings for a while now and Yokai Watch's anime popularity has pretty much died down, so there shouldn't be more incentive to compete with said show. I hope the execs are seeing all that unfold and are preparing to take a different course of action next year.

IF Serena were to return for a 2nd run as a main companion, then it's rather ignorant to believe that she will instantly become a "washed up hasbeen". None of us here know what her character progression/development would be like the 2nd time around. Maybe it will top her Kalos trek or maybe it will end up being worse. Who knows?

I just want to see AmourShipping in a more mature, serious light. They could take the pair to new heights never before seen in the Pokemon anime. That's what excites me and what keeps me believing at this point. While I'm still supporting Ash in becoming a Pokemon master, after the slap to the face that was his loss in the Kalos league, I ain't holding my breath when it comes to those types of situations anymore.
    X-XXVII-MMXVI

Well, with Shin Lee (Sara Lee) and Cal (Concetta) arriving in Alola (SM043), having a Serena cameo or episode doesn't sound too far-fetched

I do not see her actually coming to Alola though, but I'd like to see her and May have a Contest showdown in Hoenn if the Alola gang decides to take a field trip there

I don't think I've laughed harder in my life.

Anyways

Today marks two years since XY090 aired in the dub.
    This episode was one of several <character>Knows moments, this time curiosity of Shauna. What do you think about various characters learning about Serena's crush on Ash?

Personally, I've found that the Knows moments really cemented AmourShipping as the biggest pairing to date. Once Miette said plainly that she knew Serena liked Ash, it was clear that Amour would have a resolution beyond what any pairing before it received.

Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

Anyways

This episode was one of several <character>Knows moments, this time curiosity of Shauna. What do you think about various characters learning about Serena's crush on Ash?

Personally, I've found that the Knows moments really cemented AmourShipping as the biggest pairing to date. Once Miette said plainly that she knew Serena liked Ash, it was clear that Amour would have a resolution beyond what any pairing before it received.
    Laughed harder at what exactly?

I liked how Miette used to nag Serena about her crush as well because in some ways it helped her to really understand her feelings for Ash and realizing it was more than just a crush coming down to the end.

Anyways

Yeah, I'm also curious to know what exactly made you laugh so much, person I've never met or spoken to before.

I personally loved when Bonnie found out and she would tease Serena about it from time to time. Such a young girl, but she was clever and (usually) mature for her age.

After the kiss tho, that victory fistpump killed me. xD
    X-XXVII-MMXVI

Hello Amourshippers. Just dropping by to say hi. I was messing around in photoshop before and I made this. First time I've made an avatar signature and I love how it came out so I figured I'd share it with you.

Hope you guys like it.

I remember watching the episode with the kiss. I wasn't really sold on Amourshipping yet but when she told Ash he is her goal, I couldn't stop smiling. Then she kissed him and my mouth dropped to the floor. Granted I knew it was coming but still, that was quite shocking. That whole episode was packed with Amourshipping and it was seriously adorable lets be honest, Ash's reaction was priceless xDD

I guess we don't know for sure. I'd personally love to see Serena come to Alola but I can't just see them bringing her back unless it was related to her pursuing contests in Hoenn. But who knows, maybe they have something planned down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Rush View Post
    Hello Amourshippers. Just dropping by to say hi. I was messing around in photoshop before and I made this. First time I've made an avatar signature and I love how it came out so I figured I'd share it with you.

Hope you guys like it.

I remember watching the episode with the kiss. I wasn't really sold on Amourshipping yet but when she told Ash he is her goal, I couldn't stop smiling. Then she kissed him and my mouth dropped to the floor. Granted I knew it was coming but still, that was quite shocking. That whole episode was packed with Amourshipping and it was seriously adorable lets be honest, Ash's reaction was priceless xDD

I guess we don't know for sure. I'd personally love to see Serena come to Alola but I can't just see them bringing her back unless it was related to her pursuing contests in Hoenn. But who knows, maybe they have something planned down the road.
    It looks really nice XD.

I'd love her to return in the future as well and maybe we'd get that some day which would be nice. Alola may be too soon but with all the time spent on callbacks in this series, you never know .

Hope you guys like it.

Your photoshop stuff is amazing ! I prefer short hair Serena but long hair is ok I guess !

Btw , new figures are coming soon in 2018 , Serena with Sylveon and Ash with Lapras , I loved how they showcased these two side by side : https://twitter.com/pikachu_pcn/stat...80882643316736
    pretty cool.

IMO the Serena to Alola topic will get a final answer in 2018 , if nothing happens in 2018 I don't think she'll get the chance to go to Alola.

Quote Originally Posted by Heekful View Post
    Your photoshop stuff is amazing ! I prefer short hair Serena but long hair is ok I guess !1
    Thank you so much. I honestly had a blast making that. I’m still learning how to use photoshop though but playing around can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Heekful View Post
    IMO the Serena to Alola topic will get a final answer in 2018 , if nothing happens in 2018 I don't think she'll get the chance to go to Alola.
    I don’t think so either. We just had Brock and Misty come back so I really can not see them bringing Serena back so soon after those two episodes. Since the SM anime is nowhere near over yet, who knows. Maybe we will get a cameo from Serena. The most I can see them doing is bringing Serena back while Ash and his classmates learn about contests. Maybe even May and Dawn could return since they are coordinators. It would so interesting if the three of them were to come back to teach the students about contests.

I might getting a little carries away with that.

The ideal for me to have them bring back Serena would be when Ash is competing in the Alola league. Maybe a cameo where she is shown watchjng him or she comes out to support him in the league, maybe her contests could be over at that point.

Thank you so much. I honestly had a blast making that. I’m still learning how to use photoshop though but playing around can be fun.

I don’t think so either. We just had Brock and Misty come back so I really can not see them bringing Serena back so soon after those two episodes. Since the SM anime is nowhere near over yet, who knows. Maybe we will get a cameo from Serena. The most I can see them doing is bringing Serena back while Ash and his classmates learn about contests. Maybe even May and Dawn could return since they are coordinators. It would so interesting if the three of them were to come back to teach the students about contests.

I might getting a little carries away with that.

The ideal for me to have them bring back Serena would be when Ash is competing in the Alola league. Maybe a cameo where she is shown watchjng him or she comes out to support him in the league, maybe her contests could be over at that point.
    It'd be nice to see her supporting Ash wherever she is, but I do think we'd see May and possibly Dawn before her if anything. I wouldn't mind seeing them together becoming friends similar to Brock/Cilan or Cilan/Clemont.

It would be nice to see Serena involved in Ash's "possible" outfit change to his USUM outfit like a hand-sewn hat and she gives it to him as a gift.

Pretty nice banner!
    Last edited by Satoshi no masara; 3rd December 2017 at 5:38 PM.
    I'm officially naming him

Bishōnen-Satoshi

Ok so by now I'm sure the writers haven't forgotten about serena. I mean come on, the plans that the writers made for serena and ash after kalos finished (being where one writer stated that ash and serena would eventually get together later on) can't be dismissed unless the writers suddenly change in gen 8 or later on.

However this raises the question. Will this slowly build up with cameos and references of Serena, will it be right at the end of ashs journey (if there is one), or will the plan be dropped again like it has been with other pokegirls.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedGenGenesect View Post
    Ok so by now I'm sure the writers haven't forgotten about serena. I mean come on, the plans that the writers made for serena and ash after kalos finished (being where one writer stated that ash and serena would eventually get together later on) can't be dismissed unless the writers suddenly change in gen 8 or later on.

However this raises the question. Will this slowly build up with cameos and references of Serena, will it be right at the end of ashs journey (if there is one), or will the plan be dropped again like it has been with other pokegirls.
    You got unbanned? Congratz.

Anyways, to answer your question, I don't think that anyone can seriously doubt that we'll see Serena again. I mean, Misty came back in Sun and Moon after being gone for over 10 years. I can't imagine Serena just being forgotten about after that. Exactly how or when it happens, I don't know. I don't think there's going to be a lot of build-up, because there wasn't for any of the other past characters. Honestly, I think that Serena was meant as a option to write out Ash's character at the 20th anniversary and introduce someone new if needed. If XY flopped, we might have actually seen Ash and Serena starting a family together in the final scene. Of course, that wasn't the case, and Ash went on to Alola. Whether or not they'll end up back together is anyone's guess, but I think it's fair to say that Ash made a bigger mark on Serena than he did on anyone else. This is the first time that a character hasn't received a special episode since the trend began at the end of Diamond and Pearl. I certainly wonder what exactly they have up their sleeves.

I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

Well this is mostly my humble opinion but I honestly think that she may make a return from gen 8 on-wards. To me, the writers took a lot of care with Serena in general and put in some of their hardest work building a character up from scratch with maybe Dawn being the closest to me. That plus she's also mostly loved the the writers etc, her merchandise always sells along with her Pokemon so she is a strong money maker for them and another reason to bring back in the future. Pokemon is one of the animes where you wont really see romance so it's fair to believe after putting it so strongly with Ash and Serena, there won't ever be any on that level again (that's my hope anyways).

To answer your question, I'd like references of Serena but I do think they'd bring her in at some point and heavily promote it possibly more than they did Brock and Misty's return. From old interviews, the anime will end with Ash becoming a Pokemon Master most likely so it's not illogical to think we'd get a time skip showing his life at an older age and also the companions he had along the way.

I'm probably one of the very few people who believe that Serena's return will happen at the most unexpected moment and send the whole fandom into a frenzy, similar to when she kissed Ash.

You got unbanned? Congratz.

Anyways, to answer your question, I don't think that anyone can seriously doubt that we'll see Serena again. I mean, Misty came back in Sun and Moon after being gone for over 10 years. I can't imagine Serena just being forgotten about after that. Exactly how or when it happens, I don't know. I don't think there's going to be a lot of build-up, because there wasn't for any of the other past characters. Honestly, I think that Serena was meant as a option to write out Ash's character at the 20th anniversary and introduce someone new if needed. If XY flopped, we might have actually seen Ash and Serena starting a family together in the final scene. Of course, that wasn't the case, and Ash went on to Alola. Whether or not they'll end up back together is anyone's guess, but I think it's fair to say that Ash made a bigger mark on Serena than he did on anyone else. This is the first time that a character hasn't received a special episode since the trend began at the end of Diamond and Pearl. I certainly wonder what exactly they have up their sleeves.
    REMEMBER THIS POST:

Serena will return out of nowhere, surprise everyone, and the Internet will explode.
    X-XXVII-MMXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Don Velasquez View Post
    I'm probably one of the very few people who believe that Serena's return will happen at the most unexpected moment and send the whole fandom into a frenzy, similar to when she kissed Ash.

REMEMBER THIS POST:

Serena will return out of nowhere, surprise everyone, and the Internet will explode.
    While that's cool and all, they will never give up an opportunity to market the **** out of Serena returning imo.

*Walks from the shadows and into view*
    *points to a lightbulb to his back* That bulb needs to be changed.

Hey, I thought I'd introduce myself again.
    I'm RobSp1derp1g, author, webmaster of the Shiny Hunting Helper and all around good guy.

But let me tell you why I came back.
    I was bored at work (internship, but it's still work), so I read one of my fics again, "Night Shift". Then "The Book". Then "Lots of Fish in the Sea, But Not That One". Then the entirety of "What Happens", except for the finale, which I didn't upload for some reason...
    But while I read them, I realized one thing. All that energy, all that love for this ship, it's still here. I don't know what happened for me to detach from this thread like I did, but I am here now, and it's better late than never, as they say.

I've skewered from the most recent posts, and I've read about "Ash's outfit change"? Enlighten me.
    LOOKING FOR AMOURSHIPPING DISCORD SERVERS
    FC: 1478-7022-0424 (Sun, IGN: Roberto) PM ME IF YOU ADD ME!!

My fics:
    What Happens... (Amour, CHAPTER 6 UP) | The Book (Amour)
    The Laws of Science and Rollerskating (Original | Redux) (LaserBlade) | Night Shift (Amour)

AND ALSO

Drabbles: Eureka Moment (Amour)

Do you by any chance like Shiny Pokémon?
    Consider visiting the Shiny Hunting Helper. Made by me.

Hey, everyone! I don't know how many of you actually recognize me. I posted on these forums for a bit a few years ago, but I've mostly just been an off-and-on lurker for years. You probably wouldn't know me from here, but on FF.net I have a couple stories each for Advanceshipping and Amourshipping, all of which should be linked to in my signature by the time I post this (I'm actually planning to transfer over to the Serebii archives as well).

I just wanted to [re]-introduce myself here, as I recently had the opportunity to get into the Pokemon TCG after being a longtime Yu-Gi-Oh player, which then led to me getting Ultra Moon and starting to get back into the battling scene after a few years away from it, which has now led me to rediscovering my absolute infatuation with Amourshipping. The last time I really paid attention was the end of XY, which has ended up being my new favorite series in place of Advanced, and I mean how could it not be with that perfect ending for Serena? And now, I've actually started writing a sequel to my last Amourshipping fic over on FF.net, which should also be linked in my new sig now. People seemed to enjoy the last one, so maybe you guys should check it out. I dunno. :P

Anyway, yeah, point is I've rediscovered my old Pokemon heart in a big way, and my diehard shipperdom goes right along with that. So I figured I'd come by here and try once again to break out of my lurker's routine and become a regular poster around the forums. I look forward to hanging out with everyone!

Friend Code: 0791-2218-3747. PM me for random battles n stuff. I also battle on Showdown now!
    Currently playing/training through Ultra Moon! Will update this when I am back into battling!

Currently writing: Beyond Life and Death II: Guardians of Fate (Amourshipping)

Quote Originally Posted by necris14 View Post
    Hey, everyone! I don't know how many of you actually recognize me. I posted on these forums for a bit a few years ago, but I've mostly just been an off-and-on lurker for years. You probably wouldn't know me from here, but on FF.net I have a couple stories each for Advanceshipping and Amourshipping, all of which should be linked to in my signature by the time I post this (I'm actually planning to transfer over to the Serebii archives as well).

I just wanted to [re]-introduce myself here, as I recently had the opportunity to get into the Pokemon TCG after being a longtime Yu-Gi-Oh player, which then led to me getting Ultra Moon and starting to get back into the battling scene after a few years away from it, which has now led me to rediscovering my absolute infatuation with Amourshipping. The last time I really paid attention was the end of XY, which has ended up being my new favorite series in place of Advanced, and I mean how could it not be with that perfect ending for Serena? And now, I've actually started writing a sequel to my last Amourshipping fic over on FF.net, which should also be linked in my new sig now. People seemed to enjoy the last one, so maybe you guys should check it out. I dunno. :P

Anyway, yeah, point is I've rediscovered my old Pokemon heart in a big way, and my diehard shipperdom goes right along with that. So I figured I'd come by here and try once again to break out of my lurker's routine and become a regular poster around the forums. I look forward to hanging out with everyone!
    Nice to meet you and btw, I read your first fic and it was pretty good imo so the second one should be as well. Glad to hear you've rediscovered some zeal with Pokemon and while here isn't always the most active, we still have more comments these days than I saw when I initially joined Serebii. Anyways, glad you're posting and good luck with your fic

The new movie trailer just came out. That girl at the end most probably resembles Serena...

Quote Originally Posted by z0mbiesrock View Post
    The new movie trailer just came out. That girl at the end most probably resembles Serena...
    Not really. I don't see any similarities and if anything she'd vaguely resembled Melody from M02.

Just remember guys, just because GOAT Yajima is at the helm doesn't mean that Amour exists in this universe, or if it does, it doesn't mean we'll see it. Be aware of that.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194 LastLast