Page 167 of 171 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4256

Thread: Amourshipping Thread V3

  1. #4151
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Off Juné Lane in Ward #801.
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    While I don't disagree with most of your post, there are way too many people who misunderstand what Serena is trying to do. She is not trying to earn ribbons and go to the Grand Festival. She is heading to Hoenn to enrich herself, study Contests by taking part in them and thus coming back as a more confident and better candidate for Kalos Queen. Therefore, she could show up in Alola if she felt it would further that goal. Think of it like a class: what Serena is doing is not necessarily enrolling in the class, but auditing it.
    Brilliant insight, Epicocity! That sounds the sort of extracurricular activity might enrich her repertoire, especially when one considers the wholly exotic traditions which would make for great performance inspiration! (Imagine her Braixen doing Kiawe's fire dance number!) If that was indeed the case, Serena may hit Alola sooner than later.

    (By the way, I've fallen in love with your latest collaboration piece with potat. And I'm not even an Amour fan! You two write everyone so on point. Keep up the great work~)

    Villain Multi-shipper ~ A Proud Supporter of
    HardenShipping | PerfectWorldShipping | DarkParadiseShipping | AbsoluteControlShipping | AntiGravityShipping
    Walking the Trainer's path since 1998
    UPN | BGf
    | PASBL Record | TL1 - 0W / 4L / 0D
    0 KOs / 9 TP / 0 SP
    I CLAIMED SILVALLY
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

  2. #4152
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu-Tales View Post
    Brilliant insight, Epicocity! That sounds the sort of extracurricular activity might enrich her repertoire, especially when one considers the wholly exotic traditions which would make for great performance inspiration! (Imagine her Braixen doing Kiawe's fire dance number!) If that was indeed the case, Serena may hit Alola sooner than later.

    (By the way, I've fallen in love with your latest collaboration piece with potat. And I'm not even an Amour fan! You two write everyone so on point. Keep up the great work~)
    To be quite honest, your idea of Braixen doing a Kiawe-like dance number is almost something I've taken inspiration for in my next big fic...kinda. I mean, I'm not saying anything is a certainty or even under delusions about it, but the possibility is a very real thing, you know?

    And thanks! We always appreciate kind words! (of course, we're gonna make people potentially angry next chapter until they realize our story intentions, ha ha).
    Dare to Be Silly!

    Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

    Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

    Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

  3. #4153
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hi everyone. First time poster on this thread but I have followed amourshipping since I believe at the end of V1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    While I don't disagree with most of your post, there are way too many people who misunderstand what Serena is trying to do. She is not trying to earn ribbons and go to the Grand Festival. She is heading to Hoenn to enrich herself, study Contests by taking part in them and thus coming back as a more confident and better candidate for Kalos Queen. Therefore, she could show up in Alola if she felt it would further that goal. Think of it like a class: what Serena is doing is not necessarily enrolling in the class, but auditing it.
    Isn't Serena's goal just to make people smile and be happy? I understand she's not doing contests for the same reasons other coordinators are, but wouldn't she still be able to do that in contests? Just asking because I'm writing an experimental Amourshipping fanfiction that I may or may not post, and I think some of the premise of the story may fall apart if Serena is just doing contests to better herself like you say. I may be able to work it out if Serena's motives are how you say they are, but I'm not sure. I feel like it doesn't make too much sense for Serena to dump Performances after one circuit (whatever you call it) of Performing, but I also feel it doesn't make too much sense for her to leave Performances for Contests, only to go back to Performances.
    The interview about amourshipping and saying that the people over in Japan is very interesting to me, because I finally think we can say that we've won. One of the biggest, if not the biggest, reasons that I wanted amourshipping to become canon is not actually amour becoming canon. It's the fact that I can say all the people who said Amour would never happen, and that we were fools for having any faith that it would, were wrong. Even after the kiss, I don't think you can 100% call it canon. But now that we have a interview from people over in Japan saying amour will happen eventually, makes it feel like we've won.
    Last edited by andrewmenza; 7th January 2017 at 5:11 AM.

  4. #4154
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmenza View Post
    Hi everyone. First time poster on this thread but I have followed amourshipping since I believe at the end of V1.

    Isn't Serena's goal just to make people smile and be happy? I understand she's not doing contests for the same reasons other coordinators are, but wouldn't she still be able to do that in contests? Just asking because I'm writing an experimental Amourshipping fanfiction that I may or may not post, and I think some of the premise of the story may fall apart if Serena is just doing contests to better herself like you say. I may be able to work it out if Serena's motives are how you say they are, but I'm not sure. I feel like it doesn't make too much sense for Serena to dump Performances after one circuit (whatever you call it) of Performing, but I also feel it doesn't make too much sense for her to leave Performances for Contests, only to go back to Performances.
    You're right, her end goal is indeed to make people smile, but she perceives the position of Kalos Queen as being the position that most allows her to do that. Becoming a Top Coordinator certainly would not bring joy and smiles to the people in a way that being Kalos Queen does. She views that as her end goal. It's important to note that in XYZ 45 she never once says "I'm going to become a Coordinator". She simply says "I'm going to take part in Contests". This implies that she is still a Performer aiming for the title of Kalos Queen and is using Contests as a way of bettering herself to reach that goal and make even more people smile. After all, the Kalos Queen goal is inherently a popularity contest; were Serena to obtain it, she'd be achieving her goal.

    Though, none of this actually has to do with Amourshipping technically speaking beyond Serena using everything she can to reach that position at some point, meaning she may see Ash when he's in Alola or another region.
    Dare to Be Silly!

    Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

    Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

    Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

  5. #4155
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Estados Unidos
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    You're right, her end goal is indeed to make people smile, but she perceives the position of Kalos Queen as being the position that most allows her to do that. Becoming a Top Coordinator certainly would not bring joy and smiles to the people in a way that being Kalos Queen does. She views that as her end goal. It's important to note that in XYZ 45 she never once says "I'm going to become a Coordinator". She simply says "I'm going to take part in Contests". This implies that she is still a Performer aiming for the title of Kalos Queen and is using Contests as a way of bettering herself to reach that goal and make even more people smile. After all, the Kalos Queen goal is inherently a popularity contest; were Serena to obtain it, she'd be achieving her goal.

    Though, none of this actually has to do with Amourshipping technically speaking beyond Serena using everything she can to reach that position at some point, meaning she may see Ash when he's in Alola or another region.
    We all know what her true end goal is...

    Also, I don't recall there being any mention of Serena attempting to become Kalos Queen again. Sure, it's a possibility, but all in all, she just wants to bring joy to the world.
    X-XXVII-MMXVI | The hardest part of ending is starting again.

  6. #4156
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Velasquez View Post
    We all know what her true end goal is...

    Also, I don't recall there being any mention of Serena attempting to become Kalos Queen again. Sure, it's a possibility, but all in all, she just wants to bring joy to the world.
    Considering she is still a Performer, it would be implied to be her end goal, right? I don't think she'd do it for the same reasons though. In the first Master Class, she really did it all for herself. But I do honestly think that this time around she'd take after the one who inspired her the most and do it for all those others who dreamed in order to make them all smile. So, the intent is far more important than the goal in this case.
    Dare to Be Silly!

    Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

    Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

    Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

  7. #4157
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Just a few more hours until we hear the English translation of the kiss scene!! Very excited yet sad to see such a wonderful ship come to a close!

    For now,

  8. #4158
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    On Brock's head.
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Wow... It's been a while. I hope everyone has been great, I'll try to get back and more active in the thread, life's been crazy. Glad to see familiar faces around still. I got a lot of pages to read!

  9. #4159
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vessel of Adam View Post
    Just a few more hours until we hear the English translation of the kiss scene!! Very excited yet sad to see such a wonderful ship come to a close!

    For now,
    I'll be waiting for them and see some screenshots. I don't want to watch the episode again, It's just gonna make me sad.

    For some reason, I imagine Serena's bucket list would be something like this

    1.) Improve Skills
    2.) Bring Smiles to Everyone
    3.) Kalos Queen
    4.) Become a better and charming woman for Ash
    5.) Marry Ash

    Wonder how the dub will handle the kiss scene tho. But still, dub is still dogsht.
    Time for some Shameless Self Promotion!


    Having accomplished what she had been aiming for during her time as Kalos Queen for two years, Serena decided to end her career as a performer and starts to pursue a new goal, to be with her childhood crush; Ash Ketchum and another one that it is yet to be discovered.



    After another day in school done, Ash receives a letter from an old friend. Who is it from?

  10. #4160
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Wait hold up... I thought today would be the kiss episode in english dub? but apparently its on the 21st...why such a long wait when the previous episode has already been out?

  11. #4161
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vessel of Adam View Post
    Wait hold up... I thought today would be the kiss episode in english dub? but apparently its on the 21st...why such a long wait when the previous episode has already been out?
    It's because somebody (on youtube) is somehow getting the dubbed episodes a few weeks before their set to air on CN. Last week, they uploaded episode 46, so 47 may be out in a few hours.

    Edit: watch the dubbed version here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB6aWoScCfk
    Last edited by Hyper Xero; 7th January 2017 at 8:36 PM.

  12. #4162
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    299

    Default

    So she said "You're the kind of person I want to be" instead of "you are my goal" I'm glad it was "edited" in the dub because imo, Serena needs to make her real dream a priority. The music is obviously not better than the VO but it was not as bad as I though it would be so I'm actually fine with that even if in the dub the kiss scene looks way too rushed , I don't know why...They actually included a lot of "We meet again" stuffs and Bonnie said "We ALL gonna visit you someday" something like that so I hope it is foreshadowing at least we can dream.
    "Real eyes , realize , real lies"

  13. #4163
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heekful View Post
    So she said "You're the kind of person I want to be" instead of "you are my goal" I'm glad it was "edited" in the dub because imo, Serena needs to make her real dream a priority. The music is obviously not better than the VO but it was not as bad as I though it would be so I'm actually fine with that even if in the dub the kiss scene looks way too rushed , I don't know why...They actually included a lot of "We meet again" stuffs and Bonnie said "We ALL gonna visit you someday" something like that so I hope it is foreshadowing at least we can dream.
    I preferred the ambiguity of the sub. "You are my goal" can have two meanings coming down to "I want to be like you" and "I want to be with you". It's up to the viewer to determine then, which she means, or perhaps she means both. But the dub removed it and made it unequivocally the former meaning, which, in my opinion, dilutes the meaning of what comes later. Likewise with the "I'll be someone you really like". It no longer carries the same impact, which is probably why you felt the kiss in the dub was rushed because the meaning and feelings are lost.
    Dare to Be Silly!

    Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

    Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

    Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

  14. #4164
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    I preferred the ambiguity of the sub. "You are my goal" can have two meanings coming down to "I want to be like you" and "I want to be with you". It's up to the viewer to determine then, which she means, or perhaps she means both. But the dub removed it and made it unequivocally the former meaning, which, in my opinion, dilutes the meaning of what comes later. Likewise with the "I'll be someone you really like". It no longer carries the same impact, which is probably why you felt the kiss in the dub was rushed because the meaning and feelings are lost.
    Who cares at the end ? The Japanese version will always be the more important one and the most accurate so even if the dub removed it I don't really care, VO is the VO. I'm just glad they didn't censor it and the music was well done (like I said not the same level as the VO obviously) it was quite good imo. Maybe I'm overthinking it but they added a "tiny laugh" by Ash after the kiss showing that he liked it and a "take care of yourself" so that was good.
    "Real eyes , realize , real lies"

  15. #4165
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    216

    Default

    After a failed appeal against Sushi I risk myself in posting here. Happy New Year to everyone in here.

    I will ask you all this question as I will feel it is relevant to the discussion of Amourshipping. Here it is:

    Will the Pokémon anime ever end?

    If not, then Amourshipping is all but dead. But if the anime will have an ending, then when? The writers had no intention of changing the show with XYZ, so I'm puzzled as to what's in the future of the anime. If you guys have anything to enlighten me I will appreciate it.

    I have a message to spread elsewhere, so I will not tarry here for much longer. Wish me luck.

  16. #4166
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vessel of Adam View Post
    Wait hold up... I thought today would be the kiss episode in english dub? but apparently its on the 21st...why such a long wait when the previous episode has already been out?
    U.S release date is on 21st. Australia has been releasing their episodes at an earlier date which is why we're able to watch the kiss episode today.

  17. #4167
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatle View Post
    After a failed appeal against Sushi I risk myself in posting here. Happy New Year to everyone in here.

    I will ask you all this question as I will feel it is relevant to the discussion of Amourshipping. Here it is:

    Will the Pokémon anime ever end?

    If not, then Amourshipping is all but dead. But if the anime will have an ending, then when? The writers had no intention of changing the show with XYZ, so I'm puzzled as to what's in the future of the anime. If you guys have anything to enlighten me I will appreciate it.

    I have a message to spread elsewhere, so I will not tarry here for much longer. Wish me luck.
    You really haven't been paying attention have you. In the last week or so we got news that, in the end, it doesn't matter if the anime ends. For the moment, we have what the endgame is. Yajima and a producer confirmed that Amourshipping is the endgame (at least, that's how I feel it's to be interpreted). It doesn't matter whether or not the show ends, really, because it isn't what Pokemon has been about in the first place. It's about the journey, not the end result. Same with Amourshipping, in some sense.
    Dare to Be Silly!

    Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

    Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

    Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

  18. #4168
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I actually enjoyed the English dub's version of the charming/attractive woman line. I couldn't help but chuckle at Ash's, "Awesome" with the clenched fist after.

  19. #4169
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    6,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatle View Post
    Will the Pokémon anime ever end?
    When the show stops being a worthwhile investment and no longer functions as promotion tool to buy toys or games.

    But if the anime will have an ending, then when?
    If the show is going to be cancelled, in all likelihood, they'll probably animate one final 'in the future' episode as a love letter to the fans. They might show Ash's future wife and kid there; most likely it'll be Serena (at least anytime soon), or it could be someone else.

  20. #4170
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    395

    Default

    It's been a while since I posted anything on this thread, I wanted to wait and see how the dub handled the goodbye scene and I think it was handled just fine, Sure the dialog having to be toned down was understandable and the music not so great,but mainly due to the fact the dub does not have the rights to majority of sound tracks used for the pokemon anime, but aside from all that I think even with the change in dialog Serena still got her point across for what she wants after she accomplishes was she wants for her future.

    Now for everything else that we got for for amourshipping with the interview and all that including the origins of amourshipping, the reveal that a romance sub plot was something that the writers have wanted to do for years, and the meaning behind the kiss scene and the way that the scene was meant to let us know that somewhere down the line Ash and Serena will eventually become a couple in the future. Now does this mean the end for amourshipping "no" I'll just say a new beginning, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

    Still seeing all this happen made supporting amourshipping worth it in the end!

    Amourshipping-It began on a childhood day and ended with a kiss onward to a bright future

  21. #4171
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    KungFuTown
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicocity View Post
    I preferred the ambiguity of the sub. "You are my goal" can have two meanings coming down to "I want to be like you" and "I want to be with you". It's up to the viewer to determine then, which she means, or perhaps she means both. But the dub removed it and made it unequivocally the former meaning, which, in my opinion, dilutes the meaning of what comes later. Likewise with the "I'll be someone you really like". It no longer carries the same impact, which is probably why you felt the kiss in the dub was rushed because the meaning and feelings are lost.
    Well, the second sentence: 'You are gonna like the person I've grown into' could have double meanings too. Especially with the word 'like'. What kind of like? Like as in 'I like you, I have a crush on you' or 'I like you, you're a kind person'.

    So IMO, the feelings aren't 'lost', you could interpretend it like you want. And I found the reason why it felt so 'rushed'. At the end, she says: 'See you!' in a really nervous and quick way, which made it feel really rushed, but she was just nervous xD.
    Hawlucha, The John Cena Pokémon. When Hawlucha uses Taunt, he becomes invisible so You Can't See Him!
    This joke is getting old lol

    Proud Claimer of Hawlucha and this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2MHj1iDIU

  22. #4172
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,088

    Default

    What I'm most curious about is: why would you want Serena to make Ash her goal? After Serena's entire story arc, to have her final episode end with Serena proclaiming that her goal is impressing some guy feels quite regressive given how separate her entire goal was from Ash and mostly revolved around Serena and her Pokemon. Serena never did this goal to impress Ash, she did it for her own sake and the sake of her Pokemon.

    So I'm having trouble understanding why Serena fans would go crazy about 'You're my goal' line when it essentially invalidates all of Serena's previous development and transforms her into a girl who is basically dedicating her future to Ash.

    IMO, the dub line is way better because it validates Serena's development while still alluding to her feelings for Ash whereas the sub line plainly implies she wants to conquer Ash.
    Last edited by Janovy; 7th January 2017 at 11:44 PM.


  23. #4173
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    What I'm most curious about is: why would you want Serena to make Ash her goal? After Serena's entire story arc, to have her final episode end with Serena proclaiming that her goal is impressing some guy feels quite regressive given how separate her entire goal was from Ash and mostly revolved around Serena and her Pokemon. Serena never did this goal to impress Ash, she did it for her own sake and the sake of her Pokemon.

    So I'm having trouble understanding why Serena fans would go crazy about 'You're my goal' line when it essentially invalidates all of Serena's previous development and transforms her into a girl who is basically dedicating her future to Ash.
    She's allowed to have more than one goal, you know. Nobody said her singular goal is marrying Ash, as if that eliminates/negates her goal of making people smile via performing.

    Besides, the "you are my goal" line is probably meant more to serve as a metaphor directed towards Satoshi since he's dense. Saying "I really like you" or whatever likely wouldn't have registered in his brain.
    Citronic gear: Giving Ash sciencegasms and afros from 2013-2016.

  24. #4174
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8

    Default

    comparing the original to the dub... I do notice that the music plays a role in the tone of the "confession" scene (at least for me it does). In the dub once Serena steps forward to start her farewell the music is constantly playing in the background giving this otherwise bittersweet moment kind of a light hearted "yea yea I'll see you guys around!" it even continues to play when Serena addresses Ash specifically and says that he'll like the person she'll grow into. Personally for me, I think the music they chose took away from this important moment between these two. Dont get me wrong, it didnt ruin this whole scene but I just felt like given the importance of her departure the melody seemed too upbeat. As for the original, it gave off the perfect tone. The melody stops when Serena starts her farewell and viewers are focused on what she's saying.. it shows that her dialogue is of importance. Continuing until her "confession" there is no sound and its just the characters talking which in my opinion really shows how bittersweet this moment is for them. The music is perfect after Serena's confession and it gives viewers a sense of slight romance right after Serena says "you are my goal" All in all, we all knew the original is miles ahead of the dub in terms of literally everything but I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys on the little details that I like to see in the anime.

    What did you guys think about that scene in the Dub compared to the original?

  25. #4175
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citronic Gear On View Post
    She's allowed to have more than one goal, you know. Nobody said her singular goal is marrying Ash, as if that eliminates/negates her goal of making people smile via performing.
    I didn't say that, but, 'you're my goal', is more likely to imply that Ash is her goal as a romantic interest rather than a person she wants to be like.


Page 167 of 171 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •