Thread: An Affair Not To Remember

Default An Affair Not To Remember

Here's all the info you need...

This story is a one-shot
    This story contains Contestshipping (and a little tiny bit of Hoennshipping)
    This story is rated PG

Yes it is I, Medea here to bring you yet another story (as promised after I finished Contest Island). Now then, this story is to take place after the Kanto Grand Festival (and in this May actually won). I don't know if it will really happen, I am not a psychic. So anywho, without further ado, I give you...

It was a couple of weeks after the May won the Kanto Grand Festival and to celebrate, her parents are throwing her a party. At the Petalburg gym, Caroline, Ash, Brock, and Max were decorating the place for a big party. “I want to thank you guys for helping us out with decorating for May’s party” said Caroline. Max then asked where May was while they set up for the party. “Oh, one of May’s friends, um Kelly, she’s keeping May busy around town while we decorate” said Caroline. Just then, there was a knock at the door. When Ash opened the door, he saw Erika and Joshua. “Hey Erika and Joshua, it’s been a while” said Ash. Joshua then said, “Hello Ash and Brock, its great seeing you again.”

In town, May and Kelly were walking around. “Well this has been a great trip around Petalburg, but I’m ready to go back home” said May. Just then, Kelly hurried over to May and said, “Say, why don’t we get something to eat. I can sure go for something to eat here in this town.” As they walked over to a little restaurant, Kelly said, “Hey May, isn’t that the one boy with the Roselia? I can’t remember his name right now.” May turned around and saw Drew with another girl. “It’s Drew! Wait, who is that girl he is with” May asked. Near the restaurant, Drew and the girl were holding hands and the girl then kissed Drew on the cheek. As May sat down at a table outside of the restaurant, Kelly was on a pay phone near by. “You guys, I can’t stall May anymore. Please tell me that everything is set up for the party. Oh great, I’ll bring her over in a few minutes” Kelly said.

A couple of minutes later, Kelly and May were outside May’s home. “Oh come on May, cheer up. You just won the Ribbon Cup. This should be the happiest time of your life” said Kelly. May then said, “I know that and I’m happy that I won the Ribbon Cup, don’t get me wrong. It’s just that, well, I guess I can’t really explain this problem.” Kelly then told May to cheer up and then opened the door. All of a sudden, her family and friends popped out and surprised her. “Oh my goodness, you all threw this surprise party just for me? I’m very touched you guys” said May. As all of her friends gathered around, May kind of brushed off the fact that Drew loves another girl. About an hour or so into the party, there was a knock at the door. When Caroline opened the door, she saw Drew and the mysterious girl on the front door. “Oh I know you, you’re Drew. I’m sure May will be thrilled that you stopped by” said Caroline. As Caroline called May to tell her Drew came to the party, May slowly turned around and started to blush. Drew then walked over to May and said, “Hi May, I hope you don’t mind that I popped by.” When May said it was alright, Drew handed her a rose. All of a sudden, the mysterious girl that May saw earlier quickly latched onto Drew’s arm and said, “Hey missy, hands off my boyfriend.” May then said she didn’t know he had a girlfriend. “You bet he does and that’s me. My name is Vicky” she said. May then held her feelings inside and told Drew that she was happy for him. Just then, there was a knock at the door again. When Caroline opened it, she saw Professor Birch on the front steps. “Oh Professor Birch, I haven’t seen you in a long time. Please come inside” she said. “I thought I would pop by the party. It’s not every day that May wins the Ribbon Cup. Oh by the way, I brought my son Brendan by the party as well” he said. As Brendan walked inside, he saw May and he started to blush.

After walking away from Drew, May noticed Professor Birch was in the house and decided to go over to say hi to him. “Why hello May, I wanted to stop by and say congratulations to you for winning. Oh yeah, I do believe you know my son Brendan” he said. Caroline then remembered that May and Brendan are long time friends. Brendan then walked over to May and said, “May, I haven’t seen you in years. You certainly have grown since the last time I saw you.” May blushed and then the two decide to walk into the greenhouse. As the two walked away, Drew saw the two and started to wonder. Drew then walked over to Caroline and asked who the boy was walking with May. “Oh, you mean Brendan? He and May have known each other all of their lives. I’m sure they are just catching up with each other. It has been a couple of years since they last saw each other. I must admit, those two do look cute together” she said. With that said, Drew slipped away from everyone’s sight. In the greenhouse, May’s Skitty came running up to her. “Hey Skitty, you enjoying yourself in dad’s greenhouse” she asked. As Skitty meowed happily, Brendan came over and petted Skitty. “This is one very cute Skitty, May. You must have done a great job raising it May” he said.

Back in the house, Vicky was walking around looking for Drew and calling out his name. “Gee, what a control freak” said Erika. Just then, Erika saw Joshua talking to Kelly and then mouthed off to Kelly. As Vicky continued her search, Drew quietly sneaked around, trying to avoid her at all costs. When her voice got even louder, Drew ran into a room without thinking and shut the door. He was then confronted by Ash, Brock, and Max. “Uh Drew, what are you doing in my room” asked Max. Drew then said he was hiding out. When they all heard Vicky’s voice, Brock then said, “Oh I see, you’re having women problems.” Drew then explained that he has known Vicky for the longest time. But every time they were in a relationship, she would usually cheat on him with another guy. But somehow, she always ends up winning over Drew’s heart and goes back to where they began. Vicky’s voice got even louder and Drew started to hide under Max’s bed. When Vicky opened the door, she asked if any of them saw Drew. “Why, no, we haven’t seen Drew at all” said Ash. “Uh, yeah, it’s just us three in here” said Brock. Vicky then glared at the three and said, “Well, if you see Drew, you bring him to me.” As she left the room, Drew got up from under the bed and thanked Ash and the others for covering for him. Max then said, “Hey, I’ve got an idea. We can get Brock to get with Vicky. Hence, she’ll leave Drew alone.” Brock then told Max that even if he wanted to he still refused to flirt with Vicky. Drew then said, “Please Brock, I can’t go on like this.” Brock then gave a big sigh and said that he’ll help out.

Ash then slowly opened the door and told them that Vicky was near by. Just then, Brock rushed out of the room, grabbed Vicky by the hand, and said, “Hi, I’m Brock. Say, do you have a map, because I keep getting lost in your eyes.” Vicky then slapped Brock in the face and walked away. Brock then started to chase after Vicky. It was with that, Drew made his way near the greenhouse. In the greenhouse, Drew quietly opened the door and found May and Brendan walking around. When Drew saw the two, he quickly hid behind a tree. “So May, I was wondering, are you seeing anybody” asked Brendan. May then started to have flashbacks of her time with Drew and sadly told Brendan that she wasn’t seeing anybody. Brendan then took May by the hand and told her that she was a very special girl to him. As he kissed her hand, May started to blush and Drew started to give a sad look and walked away. May then said, “As much as you are a sweet boy Brendan, well, it’s just that, I think that we should stay friends. I mean, if we were to date, there’s a chance we might jeopardize our friendship. And I’m sure you don’t want to do that.” After that was said, Brendan nodded his head and agreed with May.

Back in the house, Max ran up to Brock with a tooth in his hand. “Hey Brock, I think I found your tooth.” As Brock thanked Max, he fell to the ground. Ash then put a cold compress over his head and said that Vicky was one vicious girl. As May and Brendan left the greenhouse, Brendan shook hands with May and said that it was great seeing her again. Once Brendan left the area, May saw Drew standing near by. “Drew, how come you’re not back inside in the party” she asked. Drew then said, “Well, I don’t really need to say anything to you, so I guess I should be leaving.” May then asked if there was something bothering him. Just then, they heard giggling and Vicky and Joshua were walking outside. “Oh Drew, you’re still here? Have you met Joshua” asked Vicky. In that instant, Erika ran up to Vicky and told her to never lay her hands on Joshua again. And with that, Erika punched Vicky in the face and went back inside with Joshua. “Oh my goodness, Drew are you just going to stand there and let her get away with punching me” Vicky yelled out. Drew then snapped and yelled out, “Well you deserved it Vicky. Look, this has happened for the past couple of years and I want to put a stop to it. Every time we are in a relationship, eventually, you leave me for another guy and when it doesn’t work with the other guy; you go back to me and say that you changed. Well no more, I’m breaking up with you.” Vicky then got seriously mad and then asked him what girl would be good enough. “You know what, at this point, ANY girl would make a better girlfriend then you” he said. As Vicky left angrily, May told Drew that she was proud of him for standing up for himself. “Thank you May. I just want to congratulate you on finding your new happiness with that one boy Brendan. I’m sure that he will treat you with the respect that you deserve” he said. May then said, “Um Drew, Brendan and I are not a couple. I told him that we should just stay friends. I like Brendan and everything, but just not as the way he liked me.” Drew then smiled and said, “I guess we both had our tangling with love today.”

That night as everybody started leaving the party, May was standing at the doorway saying goodbye to her guests. Just then, she felt a hand on her shoulder. When she turned around, she saw Drew. “Well, it was great seeing you again May” he said. May then said, “I’m happy that you came to the party…You know, you are a very…good friend. What I mean by that is…” Drew then embraced her and gave her a kiss on the lips. After the kiss, Drew gave May a rose and then just left. As soon as he left, May started to blush and then Ash, Brock, Max, and Caroline come out. “May, I can’t believe the kind of luck you are getting” Brock said as he lisped. May then asked Brock what happened to his mouth. Ash then explained that Brock was trying to keep Vicky away from Drew. “Boy, I never knew that Drew was such a player” Brock lisped. May started to blush and thought to herself that she finally knew how Drew felt and it made her very happy.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I would of loved to see this as a, well, not a one-shot. But, meh, It's your fic. Keep up the good work!

ICKY VICKY.

*cough*

Sorry for the Fairly Oddparents reference, but that's the first thing I thought. XD I loved the slight Hoennshipping. But the Contestshipping RULED ALL. Srsly Medea, you write really well. ^^

Keep up the awesome work.
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

Cute story Meada! I liked it a lot, though I guess it could be better as a chapter fic or at the least, a long story.

I think you could have done a little better on description and break apart a couple of the paragraphs, but other then that, it's good. Good luck on any other stories you have!

~Good night, and good luck~

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

OOH, I just read this, and it's almost as good as Contest Island. XD I absolutely loved the Contestshipping, the Hoennshipping was just.... meh.

Drew then embraced her and gave her a kiss on the lips.
    Oooh, so cute!!! Just loved it!!

Good luck on any other fics you write. I'll be sure to read them.

~Kitteh

Oh holy crap, there are posts!

Well, I'm glad that you all enjoyed the story. I was meaning to put up a story that involved both Drew and Brendan (so I guess it kinda worked for me).

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

YAYZ! A new contestshipping fic! Good thing Drew and that Vicky broke up, I wanted to punch her in the face and ask her to get away from Drew. But anyway, I love this one-shot! Make more Contestshipping fics! =D
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

Drew then embraced her and gave her a kiss on the lips.
    OMG TThat's really cute.

|x|Credit|x|