Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2903

Thread: Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

I'm confused.

XY didn't follow the story plot AT ALL until late into the series, so why are people surprised SM might be doing the same thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I'm confused.

XY didn't follow the story plot AT ALL until late into the series, so why are people surprised SM might be doing the same thing?
    I presume it's because the anime has already introduced a character vital to the games' plot, Lillie (and given cameos to other two characters vital to the games' plot, Lusamine and Gladion), yet Lillie doesn't appear to bear much resemblance to her game counterpart.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Suspicious Classmates | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

I'm confused.

XY never really did. No Ultimate Weapon, only 50% appeared in XY, and the villain's plans involved a Megalith Zygarde that never appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    I presume it's because the anime has already introduced a character vital to the games' plot, Lillie (and given cameos to other two characters vital to the games' plot, Lusamine and Gladion), yet Lillie doesn't appear to bear much resemblance to her game counterpart.
    Team Skull Grunts appeared as well. It looks like SM might be a short series.
    Need a Kartana with a nickname

Mew:Life is like a box of chocolates, if you read the box you know exactly what you’re gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimePsyclone View Post
    Team Skull Grunts appeared as well. It looks like SM might be a short series.
    Why are people assuming SM is going to be a short series? Is it because Team Skull and Lillie have already been introduced, and Lusamine and Gladion have made cameos? There is absolutely nothing indicating that this series is going to be any shorter than previous series.

More signature banners: You Fool! | Suspicious Classmates | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

The only reason I could see the series to be shorter is for Lillie to travel in Kanto with Ash to help her mother recover just like the games and make another arc there which won't happen.

Or going to Sinnoh to take on the BF there.
    Last edited by Darthlord7; 7th January 2017 at 7:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    The only reason I could see the series to be shorter is for Lillie to travel in Kanto with Ash to help her mother recover just like the games and make another arc there which won't happen.

I'll take the Sinnoh option
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    I'll take the Sinnoh option
    This is what I would prefer too since we could see some of Ash's reserves reappearing and some good battles as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Wind View Post
    People said the same thing about the two female characters from Gen V :P
    That's true I guess ha ha. Then again I'm satisfied with Lana, Mallow and Lillie being in SM's cast, so I wouldn't mind too much if the playable female doesn't make an appearance. The only game character who we haven't seen in SM yet that I really want to see is Hau any ways. :3

Lillie will likely stay in Alola since the thing about her mom recovering seems unneeded in the anime. We don't even know if Lusamine will get possessed by Nihilego in the anime.

I wonder how Rowlet will react to Nebby when it arrives. I bet it'll look down on Rowlet because the owl loves bags
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

I'm happy that Tapu Koko pretty much made Sophocles' trial and consequently his role as a Trial Captain completely useless. I mean really, nobody asked for a Clemont with no gag, personality, and chubby for some odd reason. Roll him off the cast like his partner, Togedemaru.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I'm happy that Tapu Koko pretty much made Sophocles' trial and consequently his role as a Trial Captain completely useless. I mean really, nobody asked for a Clemont with no gag, personality, and chubby for some odd reason. Roll him off the cast like his partner, Togedemaru.
    Not necessarily. Even though Sophocles's role as a trial captain seems unlikely now, they could still have him as Molayne's successor or something and use his trial to give Ash the Steelinium-Z

Moon Trainer Passport:

• Name: Mitsuki Nagaoka
    • Hometown: Ohana Shore, Alola
    • Originally from : Pallet Town, Kanto
    • Status: Prof. Kukui said a friend tweaked my pokédex so Silphy can use it, & I think
      I will take on the Island Challenge Trial to be a become trainer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Not necessarily. Even though Sophocles's role as a trial captain seems unlikely now, they could still have him as Molayne's successor or something and use his trial to give Ash the Steelinium-Z
    Agreed.

Assuming Trial Captains could still be a thing, perhaps Sophocles becomes one within the anime itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

Agreed.

Assuming Trial Captains could still be a thing, perhaps Sophocles becomes one within the anime itself?
    Most probably that won't be, in my opinion. The trial captains don't seem to exist in the anime. It seems like Ash will only battle the Totems and challenge the Kahunas.

Anyway, hope Ash keeps battling like this all the time.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    This is what I am hoping for. Ash doesn't go to Mt. Hokulani for Sophocles' Trial, but Molayne's, and the Sophocles' becomes the successor. They can do that so when Ash does do Sophocles' trial, he's getting the Steelinium-Z from Molayne rather than absolutely nothing from Sophocles.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    This is what I am hoping for. Ash doesn't go to Mt. Hokulani for Sophocles' Trial, but Molayne's, and the Sophocles' becomes the successor. They can do that so when Ash does do Sophocles' trial, he's getting the Steelinium-Z from Molayne rather than absolutely nothing from Sophocles.
    Given what happened in today's episode, I'm starting to suspect this will probably be the case, as well. I like the idea of Molayne being the Trial Captain (although that would mean the anime would have to de-age him, since I'm pretty sure he is over the age of 20 in the games), and he passes the title on to Sophocles after Ash completes the trial. Or perhaps Sophocles undergoes a test to become Trial Captain around the same time Ash takes on Molayne's trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    Given what happened in today's episode, I'm starting to suspect this will probably be the case, as well. I like the idea of Molayne being the Trial Captain (although that would mean the anime would have to de-age him, since I'm pretty sure he is over the age of 20 in the games), and he passes the title on to Sophocles after Ash completes the trial. Or perhaps Sophocles undergoes a test to become Trial Captain around the same time Ash takes on Molayne's trial.
    i think the most common theory right now is that this is pre-game time basically

Now that we know there won't be a rematch and Ash is still staying on the first island, I'm starting to think the school truly is the main setting.
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Now that we know there won't be a rematch and Ash is still staying on the first island, I'm starting to think the school truly is the main setting.
    Yeah I've been saying that all along lol. I think the 5 person group will be for the entire series as well. Hopefully that means alot less of cotd/Team Rocket fillers.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Wow, SM turned into Best Wishes ...

Well, at least the season was at its own pace and I do not think it will fit some of the gameplay with Aehter, Lusamine and the UB because that would not be in line with the tone of this saga: comedy (although to be Sincere I do not think it's really funny).
    The bad thing is that with the reset of Ash and the 5 companions there is much material to do filling for the following episodes.
    "Pokemon SM good anime" ... JA!
    "Remake of Sinnoh confirmed" ... JA! JA!
    Whats Next? "Pokémon MMO RPG confirmed"? "That Ash would grow up?"

Alt+255 Alt+255 Alt+30
    **▲

Alt+30 Alt+30
    ▲▲

↨▲
    ▲▲

Quote Originally Posted by dp045 View Post
    Well, at least the season was at its own pace and I do not think it will fit some of the gameplay with Aehter, Lusamine and the UB because that would not be in line with the tone of this saga: comedy (although to be Sincere I do not think it's really funny).
    Lusamine and Gladion appeared (via photograph) in SM08. As of right now, there is no reason to think they won't appear or that the anime won't adapt the Aether Foundation and Ultra Beast plot. The tone of the series can easily change. The slapstick comedy can also serve to offset the darker tone of the Aether Foundation/Ultra Beast arc.

I just hope Acerola doesn't get Illima's treatment. I couldn't care less about that hippie trial captain, she doesn't even have a Trial and Ash doesn't even have a Pokemon that can learn a Fairy move.

And Hau, I hope he doesn't end up like Silver, Wally, and Hugh....... Ash needs somebody else to fight aside from Team Rocket and Skull, Totems, and Kahunas. Even if Hau is destined to never win because of his character, it'd be nice to see Ash in an actual battle from time to time.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

I'm confused.

Story isn't the evil team alone. Also character progression/development and actual working for the goal.

XY focused on the main protagonist and their goals before the TF arc happened and it had many character arcs. Right now there was almost nothing regarding the characters AND about TS while in XY there was already a big chunk of character focus in the first 10 episodes. And right now, Ash is getting all the focus, while still doing battles and bonding time with pokemon, since that's the only thing we can expect from him.

It lacks of confrontation. And I mean really serious confrontations. No TS appearing, battling and losing in the first two episodes like Team Rocket.

Meh for a Sinnoh return we first need an Sinnoh remake. Same for Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    I think the 5 person group will be for the entire series as well. Hopefully that means alot less of cotd/Team Rocket fillers.
    Onle because there are five characters, it doesn't automatically mean there could be less filler. Filler exist because the writer need more free time to write the important stuff. Or to increase the distance between Anime and Manga.
    Also more characters=more episodes needed to write them decently. That's going to be a problem when the series is under 140 episodes long and they need to write episodes for 4 captains + 2 protagonists (Ash/Lillie).

More thinking like Ash and Lillie are permanent members and the other four appearing every 5-10 episodes.
    Last edited by UltimateNinja; 12th January 2017 at 6:37 PM.

With the classmates seemingly not being Captains in the anime, I wonder if the Tapus will give Satoshi the Grass, Water and Fire crystals? Also, why is Mamane pointless again? He's not a captain like all of the other classmates, thus can't give Satoshi a crystal. He literally acts nothing like Citron despite being into tech and specializing in electricity.
    Last edited by Blue Saturday; 12th January 2017 at 6:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Saturday View Post
    With the classmates seemingly not being Captains in the anime, I wonder if the Tapus will give Satoshi the Grass, Water and Fire crystals?
    Ash will probably get Grassium-Z, Firium-Z, and Waterium-Z from the Totem Pokémon (just like Totem Gumshoos gave him the Normalium-Z), perhaps at the behest of one of the Tapus (if not Tapu Koko).

Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast