Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 1988

Thread: Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Alola region
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    One thing that is hurting me is that Mallow is clearly much taller than Ash. This is looking really weird.
    why is that hurting you? lol half the characters on the show are taller than ash

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Mallow is the female companion. It's looks weird if the female companion is taller than Ash. With the exception of Misty, all of the female companions are of the same height as Ash, namely May, Dawn, Iris and Serena.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Mallow is the female companion. It's looks weird if the female companion is taller than Ash. With the exception of Misty, all of the female companions are of the same height as Ash, namely May, Dawn, Iris and Serena.
    How does it look weird if the female companions are taller than Ash? They are adolescent children; it's perfectly normal for adolescent girls to be taller than adolescent boys. Ten years old is the age when girls start to surpass boys in height. Besides, May, Dawn, and Serena are taller than Ash, if only slightly.

    Also, Mallow may not be the same age as Ash; she may be older, in which case her being taller than him is perfectly justified.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Alola region
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    It's looks weird if the female companion is taller than Ash.
    uh...what? lol idk why you're so bothered that a girl is taller than ash.

    lillie and lana are the same height as him, i hope that satisfies you....

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    How does it look weird if the female companions are taller than Ash? They are adolescent children; it's perfectly normal for adolescent girls to be taller than adolescent boys. Ten years old is the age when girls start to surpass boys in height. Besides, May, Dawn, and Serena are taller than Ash, if only slightly.

    Also, Mallow may not be the same age as Ash; she may be older, in which case her being taller than him is perfectly justified.
    May, Dawn and Serena are not taller than Ash actually. I have examined this thoroughly and I can say this. From certain angles, they look taller than Ash, and from certain angles, Ash looks taller. This differs with screenshots. But overall, I can say that Ash and those three girls are of the same height. Personally, I prefer when the female companion is of the same height as Ash.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 30th October 2016 at 4:23 PM.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

  6. #81

    Default

    I don't see why this matters lol
    Serena as a character>>>>>>>>>>Amourshipping

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    uh...what? lol idk why you're so bothered that a girl is taller than ash.

    lillie and lana are the same height as him, i hope that satisfies you....
    Oh yes, Lillie and Lana are actually are of the same height, but Mallow is taller. Does this mean that Mallow is older than them?
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    May, Dawn and Serena are not taller than Ash actually. I have examined this thoroughly and I can say this. From certain angles, they look taller than Ash, and from certain angles, Ash looks taller. This differs with screenshots. But overall, I can say that Ash and those three girls are of the same height. Personally, I prefer when the female companion is of the same height as Ash.
    Are you assuming Mallow, Lana, and Lillie are all the same age as Ash? They might not be. If Mallow is older than Ash, then it would not surprise me that she is taller.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    Are you assuming Mallow, Lana, and Lillie are all the same age as Ash? They might not be. If Mallow is older than Ash, then it would not surprise me that she is taller.
    Well I'm not sure that Mallow is of the same age. I have said that in my previous post.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Considering you have to be 11 to do trials and the Trial Captains have beaten their trials, I would assume they are 11 and older than Ash.

    Also, does it even matter? Lol. They're all kids at the end of the day.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Considering you have to be 11 to do trials and the Trial Captains have beaten their trials, I would assume they are 11 and older than Ash.

    Also, does it even matter? Lol. They're all kids at the end of the day.
    Well, it matters to me at least. Ash is the main protagonist, it looks weird if he is the shortest of all. Besides, a female character shouldn't be taller than a male character if they are of the same age, in my opinion.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Alola region
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Well, it matters to me at least. Ash is the main protagonist, it looks weird if he is the shortest of all. Besides, a female character shouldn't be taller than a male character if they are of the same age, in my opinion.
    misty stated she was 10 in japanese and she was clearly much taller than ash. i doubt they're even going to bring up the age of his friends anymore.

  13. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Well, it matters to me at least. Ash is the main protagonist, it looks weird if he is the shortest of all. Besides, a female character shouldn't be taller than a male character if they are of the same age, in my opinion.
    That's sure to offend somebody...
    No need to worry!

    Dawn will live on in our hearts forever...

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    misty stated she was 10 in japanese and she was clearly much taller than ash. i doubt they're even going to bring up the age of his friends anymore.
    Yes, I know that. But Misty was just an exception. And when Misty appeared in AG, she was of the same height as Ash, unlike OS. This is also confirmed by bulbapedia.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Considering you have to be 11 to do trials and the Trial Captains have beaten their trials, I would assume they are 11 and older than Ash.

    Also, does it even matter? Lol. They're all kids at the end of the day.
    IMHO, the world of the anime doesn't need to specify an age requirement for competing in the Rite of Island Challenge. Unlike the games, the anime world already has one major stipulation: You have to be 10 years old to become a Pokémon Trainer in the first place. So, the age requirement from the games doesn't need to be carried over into the anime.

    It wouldn't surprise me if Kiawe, Lana, and maybe even Mallow are older than Ash. In fact, I want Lana to be older than Ash; I want her big sister instincts to kick in and she see him as a younger brother figure. Sophocles might be the same age as Ash, judging by his voice. Lillie could be the same age or she could be older; it's harder for me to guess. But in the end, I don't think any of their ages matter. They're still children, in a strange society where children are apparently considered old enough to travel the world on their own.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Considering you have to be 11 to do trials and the Trial Captains have beaten their trials, I would assume they are 11 and older than Ash.

    Also, does it even matter? Lol. They're all kids at the end of the day.
    In anime, maybe they can do something like ... you need to graduate school so you can participate on trials? so that way Ash can remain as 10years old boy

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Well, it matters to me at least. Ash is the main protagonist, it looks weird if he is the shortest of all. Besides, a female character shouldn't be taller than a male character if they are of the same age, in my opinion.
    If the role of the protagonist is to "stand out" among the group, then the art designer and animators have not failed because Ash stands out as the shortest. Also, girls in real life start their growth spurts much earlier than males. If you're going to nitpick animation, then nitpick something like Ash's softer design not fitting in well with the rest of the class.

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSerena View Post
    In anime, maybe they can do something like ... you need to graduate school so you can participate on trials? so that way Ash can remain as 10years old boy
    Or they can ignore it altogether. It's not the anime hasn't ignored game mechanics before.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

    "Momentai!"

    But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSerena View Post
    In anime, maybe they can do something like ... you need to graduate school so you can participate on trials? so that way Ash can remain as 10years old boy
    I imagine this will be the case, although I hope within a school setting with graduation he'll age (if only a little).
    Last edited by Frozocrone; 30th October 2016 at 5:58 PM.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    I imagine this will be the case, although I hope within a school setting with graduation he'll age (if only a little),
    I honestly don't think Ash will ever age though I really wish he does!
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Well, it matters to me at least. Ash is the main protagonist, it looks weird if he is the shortest of all. Besides, a female character shouldn't be taller than a male character if they are of the same age, in my opinion.
    There were some episodes or shots where Serena looked taller than Ash (probably animation error or the boots explanation), but more importantly, I can't believe wth I'm reading right now...why can't a female character the same age be taller and why does it matter? Just because it looks weird....seriously.

  21. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Or they can ignore it altogether. It's not the anime hasn't ignored game mechanics before.
    Yeah, it's kinda weird that they never introduced TMs now that I think about. The anime will probably just ignore it to keep Ash from aging.
    No need to worry!

    Dawn will live on in our hearts forever...

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Well, it matters to me at least. Ash is the main protagonist, it looks weird if he is the shortest of all. Besides, a female character shouldn't be taller than a male character if they are of the same age, in my opinion.
    That is one of the stupidest things, no IMO is saving this post, I have ever seen typed on this forum. And considering some of the people who have come and gone on this forum. That is saying something.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Bark Town
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Besides, a female character shouldn't be taller than a male character if they are of the same age, in my opinion.
    That is literally one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this forum, and that says a lot.

    Seriously, why can't a female be taller than a man of the same age? That makes no sense whatsoever...

    Alone we fall, United we stand
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Alpha Sapphire squad is ready for competitive action!


  24. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trollbias View Post
    That is one of the stupidest things, no IMO is saving this post, I have ever seen typed on this forum. And considering some of the people who have come and gone on this forum. That is saying something.
    Whatever you think. But males are generally taller than females, aren't they? I was using that logic. And even if a male character isn't taller than the female character(if they are of the same age), I think they should at least be of the same height.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel31 View Post
    There were some episodes or shots where Serena looked taller than Ash (probably animation error or the boots explanation), but more importantly, I can't believe wth I'm reading right now...why can't a female character the same age be taller and why does it matter? Just because it looks weird....seriously.
    I'm pretty sure post-attire change she was always a little taller, though some attribute that to her boots. Anyone got size comparison screenies post-haircut where she's shorter without them on?

    I think it is meant to be because girls develop quicker than boys as kids (not quite at ten years old, but you don't really gain a figure like the Pokegirls do at that age in real life either XD). Note that Serena was much shorter than Ash in the flashback, suggesting she is actually a little younger than him, maybe even nine. She's just growing earlier (though I think her attire change might have been a way to 'humble' her design more into a child given her games form looked like a teenager).

    Size does sometimes assist with characterisation and dynamic much like designs do I guess. Misty was likely a bit taller so she could more easily boss Ash around for comedy, plus she was supposed to be more experienced and mature than Ash, but not as much as Brock, so sort of the middle height to make her the middle child in spirit. May I'm pretty sure was always shorter than Ash outside her first episode, likely because she was meant to have a whole protege/little sister relationship with him that would have looked more awkward if she was taller and older looking (despite how absurdly busty her figure was in AG). Dawn was about the exact same height to convey her as an equal and kindred spirit. It's a subtle touch, but it does have effect without you paying much attention to it, even if it's not really worth the outrage if done improperly.

    It might also be why so much fan art 'shrinks' Serena or other shipping targets a little so they can be snuggled under Ash's arms. :P

    Mallow I don't know how they're planning her, but she does sort of look like the 'fun older sister' of the group. Tall characters also work for comedy sometimes, especially if they're outspoken and maybe a little pushy, so can intimidate others by accident with their height.
    Last edited by DatsRight; 30th October 2016 at 7:45 PM.

Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •