Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DatsRight View Post
    I'm pretty sure post-attire change she was always a little taller, though some attribute that to her boots. Anyone got size comparison screenies post-haircut where she's shorter without them on?

I think it is meant to be because girls develop quicker than boys as kids (not quite at ten years old, but you don't really gain a figure like the Pokegirls do at that age in real life either XD). Note that Serena was much shorter than Ash in the flashback, suggesting she is actually a little younger than him, maybe even nine. She's just growing earlier (though I think her attire change might have been a way to 'humble' her design more into a child given her games form looked like a teenager).

Size sometimes assists with characterisation and dynamic much like designs do as well. Misty was likely a bit taller to make her a little intimidating for comedy, plus she was supposed to be more experienced and mature than Ash, but not as much as Brock, so sort of the middle height to make her the middle child. May I'm pretty sure was always shorter than Ash outside her first episode, likely because she was meant to have a whole protege/little sister relationship with him that would have looked more awkward if she was taller and older looking (despite how absurdly mature her figure was in AG). Dawn was about the exact same height to convey her as an equal and kindred spirit.

It might also be why so much fan art 'shrinks' Serena or other shipping targets a little so they can be snuggled under Ash's arms. :P

Mallow I don't know how they're planning her, but she does sort of look like the 'fun older sister' of the group.
    I could totally see Mallow being the character who tries to get the rest of the gang to go on these crazy adventures with her, but everyone is skeptical about her plans so Ash has to back her up to get them to come along (well, maybe Sophocles and Kiawe more then the girls but you get the idea.)
    No need to worry!

Dawn will live on in our hearts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Whatever you think. But males are generally taller than females, aren't they? I was using that logic. And even if a male character isn't taller than the female character(if they are of the same age), I think they should at least be of the same height.
    Males hit their growth spurts later than females, making females taller than males around the age of ten to twelve. Whereas boys begin growing taller much later. While males are usually taller than females, it comes later in life, not earlier.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

The only character that maybe looks a little off in height compared to Ash is Serena, if only because she has that whole ingenue character that the plot makes you want Ash to protect and hug all better, thus she'd suit better smaller and 'cuter' in height like she was in their five year old forms. Even then though, it's too insignificant a detail to really get annoyed about.

Mallow and Serena's artwork for the games looked rather lanky anyway. There's only so far they can shrink them to Ash's age without squashing down their proportions.
    Last edited by DatsRight; 30th October 2016 at 7:49 PM.

I was always under the impression that Ash was a bit short anyway, but it's not uncommon for girls to be as tall or even taller than boys before puberty, even if the boys end up taller later. I remember all through elementary school it seemed like everyone was pretty even on height but we had some tall girls in addition to the taller boys.

Anyway I saw another preview on tumblr which was mostly the same footage we've already seen and they still didn't show any of Rowlet. I'm definitely thinking what regardless of who gets it, it's very involved in some plot they don't want to spoil until the episode airs.

Quote Originally Posted by missnicolec View Post
    Anyway I saw another preview on tumblr which was mostly the same footage we've already seen and they still didn't show any of Rowlet. I'm definitely thinking what regardless of who gets it, it's very involved in some plot they don't want to spoil until the episode airs.
    Has Rowlett really gotten any screentime in any of the trailers we've seen so far? I don't remember that Pokemon getting much if any focus in the trailers except the one where they introduced all of the starters for the first time. We know Popplio is Lana's Pokemon and Litten is presumably wild, but Rowlett seems to be a mystery for sure.
    No need to worry!

Dawn will live on in our hearts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by BornToSucc View Post
    Has Rowlett really gotten any screentime in any of the trailers we've seen so far? I don't remember that Pokemon getting much if any focus in the trailers except the one where they introduced all of the starters for the first time. We know Popplio is Lana's Pokemon and Litten is presumably wild, but Rowlett seems to be a mystery for sure.
    they showed a little of rowlet in the two minute pokenchi preview where it was flying with a drunk look. than a couple seconds of it clashing with bounsweet in another. it is strange though that it hasn't been getting that much screentime in the preview compared to litten and popplio.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    they showed a little of rowlet in the two minute pokenchi preview where it was flying with a drunk look. than a couple seconds of it clashing with bounsweet in another. it is strange though that it hasn't been getting that much screentime in the preview compared to litten and popplio.
    What I find interesting is that with Litten, they keep showing the same tail stepping scene over and over in many previews. But with Rowlet, we've had ONE tiny clip involving it and it was only put into a preview one time. It could mean nothing ofc but it's just interesting to me that they don't seem to have any shots they want to use to promote its presence even though it's one of the starters too and the one we did get, they've only shown it once.
    Last edited by missnicolec; 31st October 2016 at 1:36 AM.

honestly mallow seems to give off dawn-like vibes to me. if her interactions with ash are somewhat similar to dawn's, i'll be super happy.

honestly mallow seems to give off dawn-like vibes to me. if her interactions with ash are somewhat similar to dawn's, i'll be super happy.
    All I need from Mallow is some form of High Touch equivalent and I'll be happy (well maybe not if she's rip off Dawn, I want her to have her own personality that resembles but doesn't clone Dawns)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    All I need from Mallow is some form of High Touch equivalent and I'll be happy (well maybe not if she's rip off Dawn, I want her to have her own personality that resembles but doesn't clone Dawns)
    I loved Dawn's personality, so it would be so nice to see Mallow taking a few cues from best girl Dawn.
    "I should probably be writing that Sun and Moon fanfiction rather than wasting my time on these forums." - SkittleBox, every day of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by missnicolec View Post
    I assume it was the one they showed on yesterday's episode of Pokenchi. That one had no new footage whatsoever.

i wonder which female companion pikachu will shock this time. my money's on mallow.

i wonder which female companion pikachu will shock this time. my money's on mallow.
    My money is on Togedemaru shocking Pikachu.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mao-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

it'd be cool to see ash and his friends participate in a team battle tournament with other students in the school. similar to what they had in best wishes, but more like "1 win is 1 point for your team" sorta thing.

The reveal of Red and Blue's designs in Sun and Moon gave me an idea:

+ Ash will remain in his "childish" new design by the first half of the new Generation, looking like the player of Sun and Moon.
    + At the second half of this Generation, Ash will reappear with a more mature look, surely looking like the Red of Sun and Moon. It could even match with a potential return of Gary, looking like this games' Blue.

What do you think?

I'm really hoping old companions come back. The games have shown us Red, Blue, Wally, and Cynthia so far and the anime missed out on the PWT. I think it's perfect to reintroduce old companions and rivals.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'm really hoping old companions come back. The games have shown us Red, Blue, Wally, and Cynthia so far and the anime missed out on the PWT. I think it's perfect to reintroduce old companions and rivals.
    keep those expectations low buddt

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    keep those expectations low buddt
    That would imply I had high expectations.

"Momentai!"

Basically everyone here wants old characters reappearing for at least a cameo, though the writers/producers think otherwise. I can see why they are reluctant to do so, but it better break soon as it is bending quite a bit atm.

I just want them to bring back Paul, Gary Oak, and Cynthia.
    And Barry and Bianca so the two can interact with each other......

I think it's very likely that Cynthia return for a brief appearance to introduce the "link" that is forming and could have cameos rivals Ash but memories of this same (of course with the new style of drawing Alola). The downside is that you could treat League Alola as the Battle Subway we saw in Best Wishes, which would not be wrong because you can leave for about 2-3 episodes and then resume the adventure Ash either in the classroom school or on excursions.

Maybe in the second half of SM Ash will change his current outfit for the new one worn by his game counterpart
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Maybe in the second half of SM Ash will change his current outfit for the new one worn by his game counterpart
    You mean the outfit using Red Sun and Moon?

Quote Originally Posted by dp045 View Post
    You mean the outfit using Red Sun and Moon?
    Yeah, that's what I suspect too. Maybe that explain Ash's new childish look in "Sun and Moon", because after the first half, he will look more mature like this new Red.

My money is on Lillie, actually. (We know she can't touch Pokémon, but there's nothing stating she can't get hit by Pokémon moves.) I also suspect Professor Kukui will ask Ash to have his Pikachu shock him. FOR SCIENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by satoharupika View Post
    My money is on Togedemaru shocking Pikachu.
    And thus begins the most shocking electric mouse rivalry in the history of Pokémon.

I would like to see old companions, rivals, and other characters return, even if just briefly. If the Alola League is still being established in the beginning of SM, then maybe at some point, the other regions' Champions pay Alola a visit to help establish or finalize the establishment of the League.

Personally, I doubt Ash's look will change/mature to more closely match the appearance of Red. Red looks like he has aged by about ten years, and the day Ash ages that much is the day the Unown dimension freezes over. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Gary return, even if just for an episode or two. After all, his grandfather's cousin lives in Alola, and Gary is a Pokémon researcher now, so it's not too Farfetch'd to think he might pay Samson Oak a visit.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast