Page 358 of 358 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358
Results 8,926 to 8,938 of 8938

Thread: Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    I'm actually thinking the anime might not mention that certain moves are required for the exclusive Z-Moves and just give Pikachu Catastropika anyway, even though he no longer knows Volt Tackle. I think we might see Catastropika before we see 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt.
    Perhaps Pikachu still secretly knows Volt Tackle.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    So...what's the likelihood of them keeping the nickname thing in the dub? Betting they'll go with Snowball if they decide to keep it.
    Still in denial about the name, mine's better.

Kiawe will catch Marowak (got this part right)
    Mallow will catch a Fomantis in SM035 or Steenee will evolve.

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    I'm actually thinking the anime might not mention that certain moves are required for the exclusive Z-Moves and just give Pikachu Catastropika anyway, even though he no longer knows Volt Tackle. I think we might see Catastropika before we see 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt.
    Or they can just ditch Electro Ball and bring back Volt Tackle.
    Nobody would care to see that move go, it was useless and obviously replaced Volt Tackle to save animation costs.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    It might learn some new moves which it can probably need to master. Litten used Fire Fang in SM021 sucessfully once, but still fully mastered it in the Palossand episode only. So it can't be already said that Dusk Lycanroc already mastered Continental Crush.

Regardless, Ash is training with it a lot now, as of the last episode.
    You made it sound as though the Lycanroc Dusk form itself needed to be mastered, the way Greninja's Bond Phenomenon needed to be mastered, which is not the case. Even so, I don't think Continental Crush needs to be "mastered," per se. Lycanroc successfully performed Continental Crush; it overcame the hurdle that had prevented it from successfully performing the Z-Move before (which, if I understood correctly, was related to having trouble controlling its own power after evolving). While it can always power up the Z-Move, it doesn't need to practice successfully performing the Z-Move, because it already has succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Nobody would care to see that move go, it was useless and obviously replaced Volt Tackle to save animation costs.
    Is there a precedent for a Pokémon relearning a move it had previously forgotten in the anime? As far as I know, there isn't, and that's why I think the writers are more likely to not bring up the move requirement for exclusive Z-Moves than they are to ditch Electro Ball for Volt Tackle. But I could be wrong. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Suspicious Classmates | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    My issue with this statement is how it's being passed off as a fact when it's simply subjective. No one who works on the anime's production has stated that Ash needs Z-Crystals for each of his SM Pokemon, nor have they ruled out the possibility that he could get the Fightinium Z later on via a different method either, so we can't act as if Passimian won't be caught by Ash. Its chances of joining his team should be the same as every other non-Legendary Alola Pokemon that's not owned by a cast member already.
    Ok fair enough, but the reason we are mentioning the Z crystals is because Ash is doing the island challenge and he needs a reason to want to Challenge the two other Kahunas. Because the main reason he wanted to challenge Olivia is because he wanted to earn Rockium Z so depending on who Ash catches on his team will determine the other remaining trials will be he can still challenge the kahuna Nanu because he could earn darkium z for Litten but the last trial could be interesting because he doesn't have a ground type of course US&M can change that. And I agree that he could still get Fightium Z, but since they already introduced Hala they can't introduce another Kahuna for Fighting so it would have to be a Totem or they may end using fighting z where you would have to find it like ice. So I still think that even though he doesn't have to catch Pokémon based on z type moves, he is going to capture Pokémon in order to showcase their z moves because of him competing in the island challenge and they need him to have reason for doing the other challenges
    Last edited by Master Pikachu 11; Yesterday at 2:53 AM.

What if Nanu and Hapu aren't Kahunas in USM, though? If they aren't, then Ash isn't necessarily locked into the Dark and Ground Z-Crystals.

The recent USM trailer suggested the possibility of Kahili being a Kahuna, for example. And he doesn't need another Pokemon to use Supersonic Skystrike when he already has Rowlet.

~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    What if Nanu and Hapu aren't Kahunas in USM, though? If they aren't, then Ash isn't necessarily locked into the Dark and Ground Z-Crystals.

The recent USM trailer suggested the possibility of Kahili being a Kahuna, for example. And he doesn't need another Pokemon to use Supersonic Skystrike when he already has Rowlet.
    Perhaps Acerola and Kahili are kahunas. Hapu's pretty young right?
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post

I was editing my post when I first post it because I was afraid it was going to log me out so it's been updated, I took into consideration that the last 2 Kahunas could be replaced in US&M. My main point though is that even though Ash could still get Fightium Z, he would have to take on a Totem fighting Pokémon in order for that to happen because if for some reason Hala is not a Kahuna in US&M then the anime would not have him challenge another Kahuna for Fightium Z because they already established that Hala is the fighting type Kahuna. Still since Ash is participating in the island challenge I was making the point that they have to get Ash to want to take on the other Kahunas and have to that with the Pokémon that he gets on his team. Because he has Lycanroc that is why he was interested in earning Rockium Z, so even though he doesn't need to catch Pokémon for their Z moves, the Pokémon he has or will get will greatly influence him what trials he does and all I'm saying is there is a chance that they won't let him get Fightium Z

I do think Hapu will still stay as a Kahuna. I'm predicting Acerola to take Nanu's role as Kahuna, and maybe Kahili as Kahuna over Olivia, since there's a high chance that there's a Totem Lycanroc, so that makes Olivia redundant (unless that's not Totem Lycanroc, but rather just it using its own exclusive Z Move).

Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    I do think Hapu will still stay as a Kahuna. I'm predicting Acerola to take Nanu's role as Kahuna, and maybe Kahili as Kahuna over Olivia, since there's a high chance that there's a Totem Lycanroc, so that makes Olivia redundant (unless that's not Totem Lycanroc, but rather just it using its own exclusive Z Move).
    With so many Lycanroc's already showing up, I highly doubt there will be a Totem Lycanroc.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    With so many Lycanroc's already showing up, I highly doubt there will be a Totem Lycanroc.
    Well I mean the USM games look like they'll probably have a Totem Lycanroc, but obviously it won't appear in the anime since Ash has already beaten Olivia's Grand Trial and obtained the Rockium Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    Well I mean the USM games look like they'll probably have a Totem Lycanroc, but obviously it won't appear in the anime since Ash has already beaten Olivia's Grand Trial and obtained the Rockium Z.
    I actually think that might just be an exclusive Z move for midday

Quote Originally Posted by desdar300 View Post
    I actually think that might just be an exclusive Z move for midday
    Unless Dusk form can use it, there's no reason they created an exclusive Z-move for Midday form. Rather it would be a Lycanroc based move.

Sure, don't get me wrong, they'd likely use Accelerock as the base, but wouldn't be surprised if actually Counter also qualified for a Lycanroc z-move but something that Midnight and Dusk would use.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I kind of agree regarding Electro Ball. I wish Pikachu would replace it with a completely new electric type attack in SM or simply regain Volt Tackle, but I guess we're stuck with Electro Ball and it seems like Gigavolt Havoc is his big electrical upgrade for the whole saga. :[

Page 358 of 358 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358