Page 269 of 274 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 6836

Thread: Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

  1. #6701
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I still want someone on the main cast to get Minior. I think it would be an interesting addition to the main cast. I know if Ash caught it it would be overlapping two types but it's happened before. I don't think it's likely over Wimpod,Dewpider,Jangmo-o,alolan sandslash,etc but it's ability could make for interesting battles.

  2. #6702
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Wimpod doesn't really have a limited moveset. It can still learn good attacks through TM and breeding.
    No one should be saying Wimpod can't have a basic moveset that a normal Pokemon can have.

    The problem is there isn't a lot of decent attacks on TOP of Wimpod being a weak Pokemon is why Wimpod can't evolve.

    If I were to choose the best four attacks. Leech Life, Metal Claw, Aqua Jet/Scald, Struggle Bug That's not good, maybe for a basic Pokemon but that's actually really bad for a Pokemon for Ash. On top of that it can ONLY use four z-moves, and would have to know Return/Frustration/Facade in order to use Breakneck Blitz, Otherwise it is stuck with Bug/Water/Steel.

    So Ash would have to have Golisopod in order for the line to work. As I mentioned before if they had no plans to evolve Wimpod, I would prefer Dewpider which is a MUCH better basic form Pokemon than Wimpod.

    Wimpod couldn't realistically take out any powerful Pokemon as Golisopod could, and would likely have to have 4x weakness to water/bug maybe steel in order to even be remotely believable.

    But Wimpod beating Vikavolt/Primarina would be ridiculous and in order for me to be okay with it, I'd have to consider it comic relief and not a real win.

  3. #6703
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Personally I'm of the opinion that Ash will not get either Wimpod or Dewpider and instead Lana will complete the Water trial.
    Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Ash has caught:

        Spoiler:- Evolution for Pokemon Ash has caught:

    Pokemon I think Ash might catch: Dewpider 3/5, Passimian 3/5, Jangmo-o 3/5, Alolan Sandshrew 3/5, Crabrawler 2/5, Mudbray 2/5, Wimpod 2/5, Drampa 2/5.
    Evolution of Pokemon I think Ash might catch: Araquanid 3/5, Kommo-o 3/5, Alolan Sandslash 3/5, Crabominable 2/5, Mudsdale 3/5, Golisopod 5/5.

    I have watched 100+ episodes of Yokai Watch, so don't try telling me S&M is copying it because you're wrong.

  4. #6704
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything12 View Post
    Personally I'm of the opinion that Ash will not get either Wimpod or Dewpider and instead Lana will complete the Water trial.
    Nah, I still think Ash will complete it and either won't win a Z-Crystal or he'll win the Waterium-Z and give it to Lana because she can actually make use of it. Then Lana will have to do something to be able to use it so it doesn't feel like she's just handed this power-up on a silver platter.

    ~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

  5. #6705
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Nah, I still think Ash will complete it and either won't win a Z-Crystal or he'll win the Waterium-Z and give it to Lana because she can actually make use of it. Then Lana will have to do something to be able to use it so it doesn't feel like she's just handed this power-up on a silver platter.
    Why don't we have Lana try to earn it herself instead? Having Ash straight up giving it to her would be really disappointing imho.
    One of the greatest moments in anime history!


  6. #6706
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,381

    Default

    Lana could earn it by other means other than the trial.

    Anime =/= games and Kukui basically said trials aren't the only way to earn Z-crystals.

    Oh, since this is the Pokemon thread, I hope Rockruff has an identity crisis at evolving into Midday and not the cool Midnight form that Gladion has.
    Last edited by Frozocrone; 19th May 2017 at 7:54 PM.
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

  7. #6707
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    Why don't we have Lana try to earn it herself instead? Having Ash straight up giving it to her would be really disappointing imho.
    Did you read my post? I did say that Lana would have to do something in order to be able to use the Crystal so it's not just a free power-up for her.

    Doesn't Ash have to complete all the Trials in order to battle Olivia anyway? Also, I'm working under the assumption that he won't have a Water type by the time he faces Totem Wishiwashi. Waterium-Z does him no good, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Lana could earn it by other means other than the trial.

    Anime =/= games and Kukui basically said trials aren't the only way to earn Z-crystals.
    That, too.

    ~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

  8. #6708
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    10,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    Catching a Wimpod is equivalent to catching a Magikarp or Feebas. It can't do anything, and it's ability just makes it worse as it'll always run away. So for such a pokemon, it has to evolve, and ideally could be a good arc for Ash. Training a weak pokemon who's a wimp into a powerhouse.

    "About Guzma not having his game ace"
    Goomy. Noibat. Biggest fails of Kalos pretty much.

    As for Guzma, we never really saw Cyrus' ace now did we? Did we ever see Maxie or Archie's ace during AG? The answer to all three is a big fat NOPE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Or it is, all of Ash's captures apart from the owl have shown up a few times before getting captured.
    And the other posts about this brought up good points on that too

    Braixen is a fox though, and something certain fans like. I'm not sure how more I can say on that matter without getting in trouble. lol
    Braixen's my favorite of that line too, it's cute. Delphox just grew ugly, if the male version looked more like a warlock I might actually have liked Delphox
    And to answer that question, Brionne seems to be the most popular for that line from what I have seen. It's the one people liked most when the middle stages were shown off I know that for certain. And it made some people want Popplio who were turned off at first cause of it's design.
    Good point, I just thought about that rewatching the episode.

    HOLD UP. People actually like Brionne? That thing is a trainwreck of a design. Those eyes are the things of horror. I'm just sure that it's only the extraordinary vocal majority that likes it - because it's ugly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    It's not just the fact that it's fully evolved. It's fully evolved, perfectly type balanced, and aside from Pikachu full of Pokemon that are extremely good in-game. Four out of six of these Pokemon have versatile movepools, too.

    So yeah. As awesome as a team of Pikachu, Decidueye, Lycanroc (Midday), Incineroar, Golisopod, and Kommo-o is, I do feel it's too good to be true.
    Honestly, I'd just pen it down as:
    - Pikachu
    - Decidueye: There was mention of his fighting style in yesterdays episode again. The sneaking up on the opponent is something I'd really expect to flourish once it becomes a Ghost-type.
    - Lycanroc Midday: Looks like a fit in, even if Gladion threw in some shade concerning Rockruff's eyes.
    - Torracat: It doesn't need to fully evolve quite honestly. Torracat can be a beast, and this is definitely not hating on Incineroar. Though I'd rather have Decidueye than Incineroar if I had to pick.
    - Golisopod (or Dewpider/Araquanid)
    - Hakamo-o: I find Kommo-o to be overdesigned and Hakamo-o has that Grovyle/Charmeleon-vibe.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    No one should be saying Wimpod can't have a basic moveset that a normal Pokemon can have.

    The problem is there isn't a lot of decent attacks on TOP of Wimpod being a weak Pokemon is why Wimpod can't evolve.

    If I were to choose the best four attacks. Leech Life, Metal Claw, Aqua Jet/Scald, Struggle Bug. That's not good, maybe for a basic Pokemon but that's actually really bad for a Pokemon for Ash. On top of that it can ONLY use four z-moves, and would have to know Return/Frustration/Facade in order to use Breakneck Blitz, Otherwise it is stuck with Bug/Water/Steel.
    DAFUQ?

    Remember Buizel? Aqua Jet, Water Gun, Sonic Boom and Ice Punch. How does Aqua Jet + Scald + Leech Life/Metal Claw + Struggle Bug doesn't trump that?

    Aqua Jet = Aqua Jet
    Scald > Water Gun
    Metal Claw = Ice Punch
    Struggle Bug > Sonic Boom

    And just look at Corphish: Bubblebeam, Crabhammer, Vice Grip, Harden <- For the ENTIRETY of AG. Compared to the moves you just mentioned that's actually quite pathetic.

    And only four Z-moves? Pikachu is Lucky that it's a Pikachu, because otherwise it would only be using THREE: Gigavolt Havoc, Breakneck Blitz and Corkscrew Crash. Maybe it will get the Pikachu-exclusive moves, but it will need Volt Tackle for one of them, so it might get four, but currently won't have more than three.

    Again.. DAFUQ at your crazy high standards. Meant to be taken with a little grain of salt, but jeez.
    Last edited by Locormus; 19th May 2017 at 7:58 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

    "If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."


        Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:


    The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

  9. #6709
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Did you read my post? I did say that Lana would have to do something in order to be able to use the Crystal so it's not just a free power-up for her.

    Doesn't Ash have to complete all the Trials in order to battle Olivia anyway? Also, I'm working under the assumption that he won't have a Water type by the time he faces Totem Wishiwashi. Waterium-Z does him no good, then.

    That, too.
    And why does this prevent her from earning it herself? She might earn it first and then realize that she has to do something to use it. And neither Kiawe or Gladion did mention that they battled any Totem Pokemon when they challenged Olivia and there is also the Totem Raticate in Melemele.
    One of the greatest moments in anime history!


  10. #6710
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    And why does this prevent her from earning it herself? She might earn it first and then realize that she has to do something to use it. And neither Kiawe or Gladion did mention that they battled any Totem Pokemon when they challenged Olivia and there is also the Totem Raticate in Melemele.
    I imagine Kiawe was a special case since his grandfather was a Kahuna, and he was trying to prove that he was worthy of the Z-Ring. You have a point about Gladion, but just because he didn't mention battling the Totem Pokemon doesn't mean he didn't.

    Part of the reason I don't think Lana is winning the Waterium-Z herself in the near future is because she only really has Popplio. Unless Popplio is unexpectedly god tier powerful (and if it was, it would not have needed saving from Team Skull), there is no way it is taking down Totem Wishiwashi and any other mooks that may be fighting with it by itself. It took both Pikachu and Rowlet to defeat Totem Gumshoos and its mooks. And even though Mimikyu solo'ed Totem Raticate by itself, TR trapping its mooks in a cage probably helped. The point being, these Trials aren't designed for one Pokemon to solo.

    So yeah. I could see her being given the Z-Crystal by Ash, being unable to use it, and then challenging Totem Wishiwashi herself later when she's stronger. Perhaps after Popplio evolves and she has another Pokemon (Dewpider?). Because I don't see Popplio defeating Totem Wishiwashi by itself without some serious DEM happening (like an evolution).

    ~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

  11. #6711
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I imagine Kiawe was a special case since his grandfather was a Kahuna, and he was trying to prove that he was worthy of the Z-Ring. You have a point about Gladion, but just because he didn't mention battling the Totem Pokemon doesn't mean he didn't.

    Part of the reason I don't think Lana is winning the Waterium-Z herself in the near future is because she only really has Popplio. Unless Popplio is unexpectedly god tier powerful (and if it was, it would not have needed saving from Team Skull), there is no way it is taking down Totem Wishiwashi and any other mooks that may be fighting with it by itself. It took both Pikachu and Rowlet to defeat Totem Gumshoos and its mooks. And even though Mimikyu solo'ed Totem Raticate by itself, TR trapping its mooks in a cage probably helped. The point being, these Trials aren't designed for one Pokemon to solo.

    So yeah. I could see her being given the Z-Crystal by Ash, being unable to use it, and then challenging Totem Wishiwashi herself later when she's stronger. Perhaps after Popplio evolves and she has another Pokemon (Dewpider?). Because I don't see Popplio defeating Totem Wishiwashi by itself without some serious DEM happening (like an evolution).
    The problem with Kiawe arises from the fact that if he battled Olivia straight on without challenging the Totem Pokemon doesn't prove only that he was only a special case but actually make him look like he had a special treatment as well since he had an easier way because he skipped a big part of the challenge. Even if his grandfather was a Kahuna, Kiawe should have been able to take on Olivia's challenge just like everyone else to prove himself that he is worthy of the Z-ring and not having shortcuts and I seriously doubt Kiawe would like a treatment like that when he is so passionate with the Z-moves.

    Regarding Lana's case I could see the evolution part happen.
    One of the greatest moments in anime history!


  12. #6712
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    The problem with Kiawe arises from the fact that if he battled Olivia straight on without challenging the Totem Pokemon doesn't prove only that he was only a special case but actually make him look like he had a special treatment as well since he had an easier way because he skipped a big part of the challenge. Even if his grandfather was a Kahuna, Kiawe should have been able to take on Olivia's challenge just like everyone else to prove himself that he is worthy of the Z-ring and not having shortcuts and I seriously doubt Kiawe would like a treatment like that when he is so passionate with the Z-moves.
    It's possible Kiawe did challenge the Akala Island Totem Pokémon before challenging Olivia, but he didn't earn any Z-Crystals from those Trials. After all, Hala mentioned that it's rare for Totem Pokémon to reward Trial-goers with Z-Crystals. Kiawe has never mentioned the other Trials because he has had no reason to. The focus has always been on his Firium-Z, and he earned that from passing Olivia's Grand Trial.

    I wonder if the emphasis on his earning Firium-Z from Olivia has been not only because it was his grandfather's Z-Ring and Firium-Z, but also because--as Gladion revealed in SM27--Olivia normally gives out Rockium-Z to Trial-goers who complete her Grand Trial. Kiawe was a special case, as he was trying to prove himself worthy of his grandfather's legacy, so to speak.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Feel free to use this banner. Just credit me!
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Inferno Overkill | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?


  13. #6713
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    It's possible Kiawe did challenge the Akala Island Totem Pokémon before challenging Olivia, but he didn't earn any Z-Crystals from those Trials. After all, Hala mentioned that it's rare for Totem Pokémon to reward Trial-goers with Z-Crystals. Kiawe has never mentioned the other Trials because he has had no reason to. The focus has always been on his Firium-Z, and he earned that from passing Olivia's Grand Trial.

    I wonder if the emphasis on his earning Firium-Z from Olivia has been not only because it was his grandfather's Z-Ring and Firium-Z, but also because--as Gladion revealed in SM27--Olivia normally gives out Rockium-Z to Trial-goers who complete her Grand Trial. Kiawe was a special case, as he was trying to prove himself worthy of his grandfather's legacy, so to speak.
    Correct me if I am wrong since it's been a long time since I watched the episode, but didn't Hala say that it was rare for a Totem Pokemon to hand the Z-Crystal itself to a challenger as a reward? Otherwise, I see no point for them to guard the crystals in the first place.
    One of the greatest moments in anime history!


  14. #6714
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    DAFUQ?

    Remember Buizel? Aqua Jet, Water Gun, Sonic Boom and Ice Punch. How does Aqua Jet + Scald + Leech Life/Metal Claw + Struggle Bug doesn't trump that?

    Aqua Jet = Aqua Jet
    Scald > Water Gun
    Metal Claw = Ice Punch
    Struggle Bug > Sonic Boom

    And just look at Corphish: Bubblebeam, Crabhammer, Vice Grip, Harden <- For the ENTIRETY of AG. Compared to the moves you just mentioned that's actually quite pathetic.

    And only four Z-moves? Pikachu is Lucky that it's a Pikachu, because otherwise it would only be using THREE: Gigavolt Havoc, Breakneck Blitz and Corkscrew Crash. Maybe it will get the Pikachu-exclusive moves, but it will need Volt Tackle for one of them, so it might get four, but currently won't have more than three.

    Again.. DAFUQ at your crazy high standards. Meant to be taken with a little grain of salt, but jeez.
    WAY TO COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT. I SAID IT WASN'T JUST THE SHALLOW MOVEPOOL.

    Wimpod is 100 points weaker than Buizel, Wimpod is on par with Pokemon like Burmy, Happiny, Lotad. Poochyena, Seedot (being slightly stronger than them), of those Pokemon I'd argue only Poochyena should remain unevolved even though it probably shouldn't.

    Unlike Buizel who is slightly stronger than starter Pokemon, and we all know those Pokemon can remain unevolved.

    It's not just that Wimpod is weak if it had moves like Liquidation, Poison Jab, a more variety in its movepool, I could see it remaining evolved. If Wimpod was a little bit stronger on par with Buizel.

    AND FURTHER MORE never argued that Buizel or any of Ash's other Pokemon didn't have crap moves, but at least there was some justification for it unlike say Wimpod, who is literally forced to have those types of moves.

    And LASTLY- Pikachu can use up to 8 different Z-moves, sure Ash's can only use 3, but I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about POTENTIAL Z-moves. Wimpod can only ever use 4 z-moves. Normal, Water, Bug, Steel, that's it. Dewpider and Golisopod have access to MORE z-moves.

    Wimpod is ONLY 20 points stronger than Bounsweet and that's only because Wimpod is relatively fast Pokemon kind of like Magikarp, Wimpod is slightly stronger than Magikarp though, Wimpod could probably take on Magikarp and might even be able to take down Bounsweet. BUT fully evolved Pokemon, especially with a shallow movepool......um no.

  15. #6715
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong since it's been a long time since I watched the episode, but didn't Hala say that it was rare for a Totem Pokemon to hand the Z-Crystal itself to a challenger as a reward? Otherwise, I see no point for them to guard the crystals in the first place.
    I believe he just said it was rare for a Totem Pokémon to hand out Z-Crystals, period, to challengers as a reward.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Feel free to use this banner. Just credit me!
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Inferno Overkill | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?


  16. #6716
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    I believe he just said it was rare for a Totem Pokémon to hand out Z-Crystals, period, to challengers as a reward.
    I see. Let's hope for Ash to ask Kiawe for any advice related to Olivia's trial then. Maybe Kiawe will reveal something that we don't know yet.
    One of the greatest moments in anime history!


  17. #6717
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    253

    Default

    At first I thought Litten would be the ace but after seeing the focus Rockruff has gotten in episode 15 and episode 27, and the fact that Ash's rival has a Midnight Lycanroc as his ace makes me think that maybe Rockruff could be the ace, unless theirs actually no ace in Sun & Moon which I would prefer.
    Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Ash has caught:

        Spoiler:- Evolution for Pokemon Ash has caught:

    Pokemon I think Ash might catch: Dewpider 3/5, Passimian 3/5, Jangmo-o 3/5, Alolan Sandshrew 3/5, Crabrawler 2/5, Mudbray 2/5, Wimpod 2/5, Drampa 2/5.
    Evolution of Pokemon I think Ash might catch: Araquanid 3/5, Kommo-o 3/5, Alolan Sandslash 3/5, Crabominable 2/5, Mudsdale 3/5, Golisopod 5/5.

    I have watched 100+ episodes of Yokai Watch, so don't try telling me S&M is copying it because you're wrong.

  18. #6718
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    At my exact coordinates
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything12 View Post
    At first I thought Litten would be the ace but after seeing the focus Rockruff has gotten in episode 15 and episode 27, and the fact that Ash's rival has a Midnight Lycanroc as his ace makes me think that maybe Rockruff could be the ace, unless theirs actually no ace in Sun & Moon which I would prefer.
    I think Sun/Moon is going the Kanto/Unova route, no outright ace besides Pikachu, and hopefully equal development among the rest of the team that Unova didn't end up having.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    So...what's the likelihood of them keeping the nickname thing in the dub? Betting they'll go with Snowball if they decide to keep it.

    Would you like to know whereabouts of the London Underground?


    Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

  19. #6719
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    I think Sun/Moon is going the Kanto/Unova route, no outright ace besides Pikachu, and hopefully equal development among the rest of the team that Unova didn't end up having.
    I'm starting to lean toward this, too.

    But I still think that if there's going to be an ace, it will be Incineroar. It's got the backstory and the exclusive Z-Move, after all. Rockruff/Lycanroc doesn't (unless Lycanium-Z becomes a thing in the future). If anything, Rockruff getting so much focus now convinces me that it won't be the ace, because there's no guarantee it will continue to get this much focus after it does evolve. Evolution and becoming stronger are its goal, after all, and once that happens, what's left?

    However, if Incineroar does wind up being the ace, I think it'll be more of a Charizard or Sceptile and less of a Greninja or Infernape. Obviously the strongest of Ash's Alolan Pokemon, but without some special, one-of-a-kind gimmick (exclusive Z-Move not withstanding).

    ~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

  20. #6720
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    16,825

    Default

    Honestly I don't see why Wimpod wouldn't be able to evolve. For all we know, Guzma might have a limited role or not even use Golisopod. It's too soon to say a pokemon can't be caught or shared with a villains team.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  21. #6721
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    At my exact coordinates
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Also, people are making way too much use of the Wimpod transition as foreshadowing (nothing will ever beat the 3-magikarp transition anyway). At least, for Ash. No one seems to have put forth the theory that the Wimpod Ash met might one day end up as Guzma's Golisopod and recognize Ash from when it met him.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    So...what's the likelihood of them keeping the nickname thing in the dub? Betting they'll go with Snowball if they decide to keep it.

    Would you like to know whereabouts of the London Underground?


    Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

  22. #6722
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    Also, people are making way too much use of the Wimpod transition as foreshadowing (nothing will ever beat the 3-magikarp transition anyway). At least, for Ash. No one seems to have put forth the theory that the Wimpod Ash met might one day end up as Guzma's Golisopod and recognize Ash from when it met him.
    Ooh, I kind of like this idea. That could give rise to a very interesting conflict. Ash saves a Wimpod, only for that Wimpod to be caught by one of the main antagonists. Under Guzma's care/ownership, it evolves into Goliospod, but it never forgets Ash's selfless act of kindness. When Guzma and Ash clash in battle, Ash treats Goliospod as a Pokémon belonging to his enemy. Goliospod, however, recognizes Ash as the Trainer who saved it, yet it's still loyally bound to obey Guzma's commands and attack Ash's Pokémon (or Ash himself, if anime Guzma turns out to be that kind of person). This would create inner conflict for Goliospod and, if Ash ever realizes Guzma's Goliospod is the Wimpod he saved on Treasure Island, it could create inner conflict for Ash, as well. Even Guzma might feel something, if he learns Ash is the kind Trainer who once saved his Goliospod when it was a Wimpod.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Feel free to use this banner. Just credit me!
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Inferno Overkill | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?


  23. #6723
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    Also, people are making way too much use of the Wimpod transition as foreshadowing (nothing will ever beat the 3-magikarp transition anyway). At least, for Ash. No one seems to have put forth the theory that the Wimpod Ash met might one day end up as Guzma's Golisopod and recognize Ash from when it met him.
    I don't think that's likely at all to be honest. Trainer's aces have usually been with them for years, and I'm positive Guzma had his Golisopod since childhood.
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

    Feel free to add me

  24. #6724
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    531

    Default

    I don't think Ash will get Decidium Z and Incinium Z. He will likely get Pikashunium Z.
    One exclusive Z-Crystal per one trainer. I'd like to be wrong, but knowing writers..
    Last edited by Blaze Master X; 20th May 2017 at 2:00 AM.

  25. #6725
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Master X View Post
    I don't think Ash will get Decidium Z and Incinium Z. He will likely get Pikashunium Z.
    One exclusive Z-Crystal per one trainer. I'd like to be wrong, but knowing writers..
    I fail to see why Ash couldn't have all 3 of those exclusive Z-crystals. Especially since so far it seems like trainers only use one Z-move per battle, so I really don't see why he couldn't have all 3. And as far as I know unless the writers specifically came out and said otherwise I really don't think they would have a problem with giving Ash those 3 Z-crystals.
    Last edited by ShadowForce720; 20th May 2017 at 12:19 AM.

Page 269 of 274 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •