Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 216 of 216

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default Quick Toxic Spikes question

    I know you can double layer it.

    I know it can be removed easily (under certain circumstances)

    But what I don't know is this:

    1) Does it only effect 1 'row' or does it effect all rows? (basically does it only target one pokemon spot or the whole enemy field)

    2) If you have toxic spikes on two different pokemon, will both of them using it in a single turn apply the Toxic, instead of poison status? or do you have to apply both 'stacks' with a single pokemon?

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Posts
    4,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azurean View Post
    I know you can double layer it.

    I know it can be removed easily (under certain circumstances)

    But what I don't know is this:

    1) Does it only effect 1 'row' or does it effect all rows? (basically does it only target one pokemon spot or the whole enemy field)

    2) If you have toxic spikes on two different pokemon, will both of them using it in a single turn apply the Toxic, instead of poison status? or do you have to apply both 'stacks' with a single pokemon?
    Merged this with the Questions thread since it didn't need its own thread.

    Toxic Spikes are an entry hazard. It affects the field rather than targeting a Pokemon; when something switches in, if they are grounded and able to be poisoned, they will be affected by the current layers of Toxic Spikes. One layer means they'll be poisoned with regular poison, two layers mean they'll be poisoned with Toxic Poison. It doesn't matter what Pokemon applies to Toxic Spikes, so if one Pokemon applies one layer and another applies the second, the effect is still the same if one Pokemon laid both layers.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

    Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Anyone know which Z-moves make contact and which don't? Or are we just supposed to judge by descriptions and animations? So far I can confirm Hydro Vortex makes contact.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_Genius View Post
    Anyone know which Z-moves make contact and which don't? Or are we just supposed to judge by descriptions and animations? So far I can confirm Hydro Vortex makes contact.
    https://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/zmoves.shtml

    go the the page for each move and it tells you if the move makes physical contact. Most do not. None of the USUM exclusive Z moves make contact.
    Most recent shiny:

    If you have a Friend Safari with
    Electric or Poison, please PM me!

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I'm planning to EV train the following 2 Pokemon but I'm not sure whats the best nature and how to spread the EVs

    Alolan Exeggutor

    Moveset:
    Dragon Hammer/Dragon Pulse
    Giga drain
    Flamethrower
    Grassy Terrain


    Wishiwashi

    Moveset:
    Scald/Waterfall
    Ice Beam/U-turn
    Mist/Earthquake
    Aqua Ring

    I'm open for suggestions about changing the movesets.

    Thank you!!
    The team that started it all
    Silver - Team:

    FC: 3797-6558-2674 - Feel free to add me! (Just VM/PM me so that I can add you back!)

    Pokemon Y Friend Safari type ICE - Spheal, Beartic and Lapras

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,378

    Default

    Not sure if this has been asked already, but if I use Knock Off on an opponent holding an Air Balloon, will Knock Off still do the extra damage, or will the Air Balloon pop before that's factored in?

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze990 View Post
    I'm planning to EV train the following 2 Pokemon but I'm not sure whats the best nature and how to spread the EVs

    Alolan Exeggutor

    Moveset:
    Dragon Hammer/Dragon Pulse
    Giga drain
    Flamethrower
    Grassy Terrain


    Wishiwashi

    Moveset:
    Scald/Waterfall
    Ice Beam/U-turn
    Mist/Earthquake
    Aqua Ring

    I'm open for suggestions about changing the movesets.

    Thank you!!
    Both are very slow, so you should be able to get away with max HP and max atk/sp. atk sets.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ophie View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked already, but if I use Knock Off on an opponent holding an Air Balloon, will Knock Off still do the extra damage, or will the Air Balloon pop before that's factored in?
    It still does boosted damage!

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,378

    Default

    Thanks! It came up in the wi-fi competition this past weekend, and I wasn't sure.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    9,269

    Default

    Dusk Lycanroc, do I go with Fire Fang or Accelerock on an SD set?

    When he eventually drops to RU of course.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

    Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

    Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.



  10. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    Dusk Lycanroc, do I go with Fire Fang or Accelerock on an SD set?

    When he eventually drops to RU of course.
    I thought Accelerock was a must for Lycanroc Midday/Dusk.
    Most recent shiny:

    If you have a Friend Safari with
    Electric or Poison, please PM me!

  11. #211
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    9,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
    I thought Accelerock was a must for Lycanroc Midday/Dusk.
    In Midday's case absolutely.

    With Dusk's Tough Claws ability he actually benefits from the move tutors, namely from the move Drill Run which on Dusk is actually a must have.

    Four moveslot syndrome makes it difficult to decide between a Tough Claw boosted priority move, or more coverage.

    EDIT: So nobody's gonna answer my question? ;__;
    Last edited by Mr. Reloaded; 10th January 2018 at 12:21 AM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

    Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

    Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.



  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quick question. If I send out Primal Kyogre and my opponent sends out Primal Groudon at the beginning of a match, what determines the priority of Primordial Sea and Desolate Land? I plan on using Primal Kyogre on an Ubers Team and want to know if a lower Speed will allow me to bypass a "faster" Desolate Land. I know that's the case for normal weather setters but I'm unsure on the Primals' versions. I really don't know and I would appreciate some help on this matter. Thanks in advance.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fluff
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dementeddurian View Post
    Quick question. If I send out Primal Kyogre and my opponent sends out Primal Groudon at the beginning of a match, what determines the priority of Primordial Sea and Desolate Land? I plan on using Primal Kyogre on an Ubers Team and want to know if a lower Speed will allow me to bypass a "faster" Desolate Land. I know that's the case for normal weather setters but I'm unsure on the Primals' versions. I really don't know and I would appreciate some help on this matter. Thanks in advance.
    Whenever Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon are sent out as leads, the faster Primal will activate its Ability first and when the slower Primal activates its Ability, its effect will override the previous weather effect, for example, if a Primal Kyogre and a Primal Groudon are sent out first and Primal Kyogre has a higher Speed stat, Primordial Sea will activate first and bring heavy rain to the match and right after that, Primal Groudon will activate Desolate Land and the exremely intense sunlight will override the heavy rain. However if both have the same Speed stat then it is randomly determined who activates its Ability first due to a speedtie.
    Last edited by Mega Altaria; 10th January 2018 at 11:39 AM.

    "The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

  14. #214
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    9,269

    Default

    What is the most common set for Amoonguss in VGC18?

    I've looked and looked and found nothing which is weird because he's listed very high on the viability ranks.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

    Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

    Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.



  15. #215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    What is the most common set for Amoonguss in VGC18?

    I've looked and looked and found nothing which is weird because he's listed very high on the viability ranks.
    Regenerator, Relaxed or Sassy Nature (typically with 0 Atk and Speed IVs), max HP, Def/SpDef investment depends on what you need it to survive. Enough SpDef to survive M-Gardy's Psychic was typical, but it's much less common now, so Lele's Psychic out of Terrain (assuming you have your own Terrain) could be good. M-Metagross' Zen Headbutt is another important benchmark with it so common.

    Typical moves are Sludge Bomb (Giga Drain or Energy Ball used to be common but Sludge Bomb really hurts all the Tapus), Spore, Rage Powder, and Protect. There's other options depending on your team needs (off the top of my head, Clear Smog, Sunny Day, Foul Play, After You)

    Rocky Helmet used to be common but a 50% pinch Berry is probably the most common now
    Trust The Process

    FC: 2680-9085-8247
    IGN: Andy
    PotW VGC Writer

    VM/PM me if you're interested in some VGC18 battles!!
    Also check out my trade post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...3#post18510463)for my list of hundreds of competitive shinies, events, and competitive legendaries up for trade!

  16. #216
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    9,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKZ1505 View Post
    Regenerator, Relaxed or Sassy Nature (typically with 0 Atk and Speed IVs), max HP, Def/SpDef investment depends on what you need it to survive. Enough SpDef to survive M-Gardy's Psychic was typical, but it's much less common now, so Lele's Psychic out of Terrain (assuming you have your own Terrain) could be good. M-Metagross' Zen Headbutt is another important benchmark with it so common.

    Typical moves are Sludge Bomb (Giga Drain or Energy Ball used to be common but Sludge Bomb really hurts all the Tapus), Spore, Rage Powder, and Protect. There's other options depending on your team needs (off the top of my head, Clear Smog, Sunny Day, Foul Play, After You)

    Rocky Helmet used to be common but a 50% pinch Berry is probably the most common now
    Awesome. Thanks a ton.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

    Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

    Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.



Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •