Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Is there a popular competitive set for Silvally?

Most recent shiny: Current Hunt:

Default How To Use Lunala

I'm posting this hoping to get helpfull suggestions on how to use Lunala in Battle Spot. I have some ideas, but I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Lunala with Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Shadow Shield
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Moongeist Beam
    - Ice Beam
    - Cosmic Power
    - Moonlight

I want to make it a special attacking wall.

Cosmic Power is there too boost defenses 1st Turn and Sitrus Berry to recover HP incase it gets hit by an attack first turn

Moonlight to recover HP to stall, and also gains more in Sunlight which I think is good since people use Groudon or Charizard Y

Moongeist Beam for STAB coverage

And Ice Beam as a tech Move, open to other moves as well.

This is Still a rough draft and open to suggestions. PLEASE HELP

So I just got the event Midnight Lyranroc, what nature would be best to soft reset for?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokemon Sun Friend Code:0275-7830-7079

I was a fan of Litten's Final Evolution before it was cool.

Jolly prolly

Just to ensure you're good against those base 80s!

Could this team ever work and I don't really have specific builds in mind expect for tsreena

Team
    Tsreena
    Alohan marowak
    Mimikyu
    Jolten
    Primerina
    Garchomp

Edit: I was thinking about competitive. So the marowak has to go? How's tapu fini instead of primerina
    Last edited by Gamingdude2005; 22nd May 2017 at 1:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingdude2005 View Post
    Could this team ever work and I don't really have specific builds in mind expect for tsreena

Team
    Tsreena
    Alohan marowak
    Mimikyu
    Jolten
    Primerina
    Garchomp
    What format? Just ingame? That team works perfect for ingame. As a competitive team it is a bit lacking in cohesiveness. When you make a team, you have to be sure of "why" it's good. That being said, none of the mons on your team are terrible. The sheer number of different typings and differing roles of the mons on this team can make for a "workable" team for sure! Not incredibly competitive though, but workable and definitely plenty more potential if you're willing to expand past these mons and mons of Alola. If anything, you could prolly afford another ground resist/immune and a steel type. This looks like an Alolan acquired team though so an option would be like, Pelliper over Primarina and maybe Metagross over Marowak. Mons like those would be able to help strengthen your teams defensive synergy.

EDIT: oh hey these Q's went unanswered to ><

Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
    Is there a popular competitive set for Silvally?
    Well in something like OU, Silvallys main draw lies within its coverage, decent speed, but especially its access to Parting Shot which makes it an excellent pivot to other mons. The typing choice lies within what your team needs, but even then the more popular types ive seen for Silvally are like Electic or Steel. Just types that generally dont have too many weaknesses or have a lot of helpful resistances.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckdy90 View Post
    I'm posting this hoping to get helpfull suggestions on how to use Lunala in Battle Spot. I have some ideas, but I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Lunala with Sitrus Berry
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Moongeist Beam
    - Ice Beam
    - Cosmic Power
    - Moonlight

I want to make it a special attacking wall.

Cosmic Power is there too boost defenses 1st Turn and Sitrus Berry to recover HP incase it gets hit by an attack first turn

Moonlight to recover HP to stall, and also gains more in Sunlight which I think is good since people use Groudon or Charizard Y

Moongeist Beam for STAB coverage

And Ice Beam as a tech Move, open to other moves as well.

This is Still a rough draft and open to suggestions. PLEASE HELP
    Not too sure about Battle Spot, but a popular set that kind of turns Lunala into a "special attacking wall" would be the Psychium-Z Hypnosis+Calm Mind set. After a Z-Hypnosis and praying it hits, you have a +1 Speed Lunala and after a CM, that's essentially a Quiver Dance boost, but you know, in two turns. ^^

Lunala @ Psychium Z
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Hypnosis
    - Moongeist Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Calm Mind

Here's the one for you, for reference. This one gives Lunala at least the Sp.Def boost as well as giving it opportunity to set up 2 CMs easily so long as the opps asleep for at least one turn and Shadow Shield is intact. The speed boost allows Lunala to plow through speedier teams as well.
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 22nd May 2017 at 6:57 AM.

Question about ditto: will the imposter ability allow it to transform EVERY time a new poke is sent out by your opponent or do you have to switch it out and use transform again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayza16 View Post
    Question about ditto: will the imposter ability allow it to transform EVERY time a new poke is sent out by your opponent or do you have to switch it out and use transform again?
    Ditto stays the same Pokemon it switched in against for the duration of its time on the field. It does not transform a second time if its already transformed via Imposter.

If I EV my Timid Scarf Magneton just enough to outrun base 130s, how many EVs does that leave for another stat? I'm investing 252 def to survive a Jolly Kartana Sacred Sword before it boosts (in case it's sashed or scarfed), and I want to put the rest into sp attack if 252 speed isn't needed too badly.
    Zeki | 1306-6720-7342 | Friend Safari: Dwaaagooons (Fraxure, Shelgon, Sliggoo)

My Apricorn/HA Pokemon for Trade - Now giving away FREE 5IV Pokemon of over 20 species! Check the "Free Competitive 5IVs" tab at the bottom to see what I have to offer!

Rocxidi is offline ס₪₪₪§€ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ7

Magneton is too slow to outspeed base 130 speed pokemon even with full investment and scarf

The next best thing you can outspeed is weavile with 228 evs
    Last edited by Rocxidi; 2nd June 2017 at 8:23 PM.

The Eye of Darkness is all-seeing...

Quote Originally Posted by Scherzando View Post
    If I EV my Timid Scarf Magneton just enough to outrun base 130s, how many EVs does that leave for another stat? I'm investing 252 def to survive a Jolly Kartana Sacred Sword before it boosts (in case it's sashed or scarfed), and I want to put the rest into sp attack if 252 speed isn't needed too badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocxidi View Post
    Magneton is too slow to outspeed base 130 speed pokemon even with full investment and scarf

The next best thing you can outspeed is weavile with 228 evs
    This is correct, but only at lvl 100.

Scherzando, if you're playing VGC or on cartridge at lvl 50, you can just barely outspeed base 130s with max speed investment (base 130s reach 200, and your Magneton reaches 134, so 134 x 1.5 is 201), but then you will only have 4 EVs to invest in special attack.

In the future, you can look at either Serebii's individual Pokedex pages to see a Pokemon's max speed at lvl 50 or lvl 100, or use a damage calculator (like this one: http://jake-white.github.io/VGC-Damage-Calculator/ ) to see your speed stat.
    Trust The Process

FC: 2680-9085-8247
    IGN: Andy
    PotW VGC Writer

VM/PM me if you're interested in some VGC 2017 battles!!
    Also check out my trade post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post18447542) for my list of hundreds of competitive shinies, events, and competitive legendaries up for trade!

Quote Originally Posted by EKZ1505 View Post
    This is correct, but only at lvl 100.

Scherzando, if you're playing VGC or on cartridge at lvl 50, you can just barely outspeed base 130s with max speed investment (base 130s reach 200, and your Magneton reaches 134, so 134 x 1.5 is 201), but then you will only have 4 EVs to invest in special attack.

In the future, you can look at either Serebii's individual Pokedex pages to see a Pokemon's max speed at lvl 50 or lvl 100, or use a damage calculator (like this one: http://jake-white.github.io/VGC-Damage-Calculator/ ) to see your speed stat.
    Ohhh okay, that was my next worry. I'm playing at level 50, and I already maxed out def and speed with 4 in special attack anyway and I was gonna adjust later if needed. Thanks a bunch to both of you for the responses and the calculator link!

My Apricorn/HA Pokemon for Trade - Now giving away FREE 5IV Pokemon of over 20 species! Check the "Free Competitive 5IVs" tab at the bottom to see what I have to offer!

Rocxidi is offline ס₪₪₪§€ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ7

You can also use Pokemon Showdown's own team builder to make these kinds of calcs while you're testing teams. For a situation like this, simply find the speed of a Jolly Tapu Koko with 252 evs, divide it by three and multiply it by two, then round to the next whole number. Then enter the pokemon you're trying to speed up, and slide the evs until you get the number you just rounded.

The Eye of Darkness is all-seeing...

I'm trying to find a bulky Pokémon to use to help me take out fire types, as they drive me insane competitive-wise. My only counter now is Flash Fire Chandelure, but it's not good enough. I'm thinking of Seismitoad, but I'm not sure if it can hold it's own in the current OU metagame.
        Spoiler:- My Team as it stands:

Any ideas?
    Claimed Cheren!
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

I've got a question regarding team building.

So I've never been that much a big competive player but I want to at least try for fun once and might even participate in a Battle Season coming up. My plan going in is that I want to use my favorites though have them all fit a certain role and don't want to swoop down to the level of using Legendaries because I don't believe in using those at this level. As far as my 'favorites' go, I've got 3 Level 100s in Mawile, Charizard, and Lucario while I've got a pretty decent Bisharp going and just need to level up and train my Rock Head Aggron a bit more. I know I don't want to use similar roles as possible but I do know I don't want either a mono-steel team or share a common weakness. I believe in the versatility in a Normal type but I was just wondering what changes could I make based on this projected list of Pokčmon I have an idea for my team based on what I've trained and what I've loved from using them. Thanks in advance for the tips and the help!

- Bisharp
    - Mawile
    - Gogoat
    - Mimikyu
    - Lucario
    - Malamar

Oh... the irony

is there any workable EV set for a calm naturesolgaleo? i got the first solgaleo i was able to get but i never really did much with it. yes, an adamant/jolly nature one is better but an SPA user is a surprise tactic i like using. i dont really battle with legendary pkmn but i do use what i do get to the best i can. i put flamethrower, Tbolt, flash cannon and psyshock on it though focus blast is an option for last move. any suggestion on EV distribution for this set?

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Hello all! Have sort of a survey question here.
    I will be seeing the Pokemon movie here in Japan and will be downloading Marshadow at the theater. As usual I'm planning to SR for a good nature and generally good IV spread. Assuming the distribution is the same they used for the Greninja at the last movie, it should be region free so I will be getting two.

Which nature(s) should I aim for? (If you'd also like to add target stats for the three 31s that would be cool too.)

Smogon has no official listings since he is still unreleased, and the discussion threads listed several sets without preference for any so I'm not sure what I should be looking for.
    I don't need a lot of reasoning or explanation, just a straight answer. Obviously I will be trading these around and am curious what people want competitively.

Thank ye much! c:
    Shiny LivingDex obtained on June 17th, 2017

.// Road's Trading Bureau
    Open again! Really looking for self-obtained Shinies to be replaced in my collection!

Please do not ask me if I will be receiving certain events.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Hello all! Have sort of a survey question here.
    I will be seeing the Pokemon movie here in Japan and will be downloading Marshadow at the theater. As usual I'm planning to SR for a good nature and generally good IV spread. Assuming the distribution is the same they used for the Greninja at the last movie, it should be region free so I will be getting two.

Which nature(s) should I aim for? (If you'd also like to add target stats for the three 31s that would be cool too.)

Smogon has no official listings since he is still unreleased, and the discussion threads listed several sets without preference for any so I'm not sure what I should be looking for.
    I don't need a lot of reasoning or explanation, just a straight answer. Obviously I will be trading these around and am curious what people want competitively.

Thank ye much! c:
    A competitive Marshadow would need Jolly, most definitely! Target stats for IVs: definitely speed and attack... and either HP, Def, or SpDef for the third. I'd hyper train it so I wouldn't be too picky about IVs.

Hey, I have a quick question. I have two level 100 Charizard's and ,to be honest, they are my first IV/EV projects. Now I wanted to know which one was stronger, because I figured that the fastest one would win because their Sp. Attack & their Sp. Defense is the exact same! Their HP isn't but I didn't think that would be more important.

I've got their stats right here:

Charizard 1:
    HP 269
    Attack 203
    Defense 169
    Sp. Atk 317
    Sp. Def 206
    Speed 328

Charizard 2:
    HP 311
    Attack 207
    Defense 191
    Sp Atk 317
    Sp Def 206
    Speed 266

I had them use Blast burn on each other. To my surprise, the second one won by 31 HP. But I was even more surprised when I saw that the second one did more damage! How can this happen? They have the same Special stats so this shouldn't happen right?

Well damage in Pokemon normally isn't on a fixed amount, it's more on a range.

https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

This handy dandy calculator shall help you in the future when it comes to how much damage a mon'll do to another!

Default Is this a good strategy?

I know the move Rage and the ability Rattled is generally looked as inferior, but I had an idea to put them together. The only Pokémon that does is Granbull, and the idea is to have a Toxapex (since it's slower) use Pin Missile while Granbull uses Rage. If everything goes right, I have Granbull at +2-5 in Speed and Attack. Anyone think this is viable?

Quote Originally Posted by dementeddurian View Post
    I know the move Rage and the ability Rattled is generally looked as inferior, but I had an idea to put them together. The only Pokémon that does is Granbull, and the idea is to have a Toxapex (since it's slower) use Pin Missile while Granbull uses Rage. If everything goes right, I have Granbull at +2-5 in Speed and Attack. Anyone think this is viable?
    tl;dr Cool idea, but probably not viable.

The biggest issue I see is Granbull actually living to use those boosts. Toxapex is a wall by design so the opponent is gonna target the easier one which is Granbull. Granbull's HP and Def are viable if you invest, but it's SpDef is not good. Based on some calculations I did (thanks MetalSonic for that calc ;3), assuming it's fully invested in HP/Def, it can probably take anywhere from 2-4 super effective physical moves if the opponent isn't boosted. Super effective special moves are usually gonna kill it in 2 turns, if not immediately, even when unboosted (and assuming you have no investment in SpDef because why would you).
    Also, Rage locks you into the move for a couple turns doesn't it? So if you get any special attacker with a base stat of over 100 I think it was (of which there are many), it'll be knocked out before it's even out of Rage. Powerful physical attackers are still an issue too, as things like Excadrill or Bisharp could at least 2HKO you with Iron Head.

You're also relying on the random factor of Granbull only getting the +2 in each, which with the uninvested stats you have to have to live might not even be worth it. It'll hit hard, sure, but probably still isn't going to outspeed anything (base 45, yeesh).

I'm not really that good at competitive play (I know the strats and stuff but don't actually battle lol), and I really only checked OU threats, so maybe others can speak better on this, but I think that's the biggest issue: you're not gonna have time to use Granbull or even set up properly before it's KOed.

Again tho, it's an interesting idea and if all goes right you can maybe pull it off. You might not get a sweep but you can certainly make some people mad haha.
    Last edited by Road; 18th July 2017 at 12:59 AM.

Open again! Really looking for self-obtained Shinies to be replaced in my collection!

I know that Rage doesn't lock you in, but it only grants Attack boosts when you are using that move. I had also planned on giving Granbull an Assault Vest to increase its poor Special Defense. Your concern is noted but I'm going to test it at the Battle Tree to see if it works as planned. Feel free to copy the idea yourself if you like it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dementeddurian View Post
    I know that Rage doesn't lock you in, but it only grants Attack boosts when you are using that move. I had also planned on giving Granbull an Assault Vest to increase its poor Special Defense. Your concern is noted but I'm going to test it at the Battle Tree to see if it works as planned. Feel free to copy the idea yourself if you like it. Thanks.
    OHH I think I was thinking of Bide, that makes more sense. Well, report back with how it works, might be interesting to know. (I do not battle so I will not be using it lol, but thanks for the permission I guess.)

So is scarfed Kyogre completely a thing of the past, or does it still have even just a little bit of life left?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast