Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Default Quick Toxic Spikes question

I know you can double layer it.

I know it can be removed easily (under certain circumstances)

But what I don't know is this:

1) Does it only effect 1 'row' or does it effect all rows? (basically does it only target one pokemon spot or the whole enemy field)

2) If you have toxic spikes on two different pokemon, will both of them using it in a single turn apply the Toxic, instead of poison status? or do you have to apply both 'stacks' with a single pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Azurean View Post
    I know you can double layer it.

I know it can be removed easily (under certain circumstances)

But what I don't know is this:

1) Does it only effect 1 'row' or does it effect all rows? (basically does it only target one pokemon spot or the whole enemy field)

2) If you have toxic spikes on two different pokemon, will both of them using it in a single turn apply the Toxic, instead of poison status? or do you have to apply both 'stacks' with a single pokemon?
    Merged this with the Questions thread since it didn't need its own thread.

Toxic Spikes are an entry hazard. It affects the field rather than targeting a Pokemon; when something switches in, if they are grounded and able to be poisoned, they will be affected by the current layers of Toxic Spikes. One layer means they'll be poisoned with regular poison, two layers mean they'll be poisoned with Toxic Poison. It doesn't matter what Pokemon applies to Toxic Spikes, so if one Pokemon applies one layer and another applies the second, the effect is still the same if one Pokemon laid both layers.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789