Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2668

Thread: Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

  1. #2626
    Yknot's Avatar
    Yknot is offline Дми́трий Дми́триевич
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    soft resetting
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Oops well blame the mobile skin it had me on the wrong page.

    A couple questions: looks like cloning is still acceptable here for Pokémon on serebii. Is there anything against cloning items or is it just up to your trade partner?

    Also: to nature breed alola forms you have to use an everstone which makes it breed into normal form. Say I breed two vulpix and I want the offspring to be a timid alola vulpix. Is there any way to use an everstone to do this? Like make the male hold the everstone or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    ... that Ribbon Metagross is the coolest thing I have seen in pokemon for a long time...


  2. #2627
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Currently wandering Alola
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    to nature breed alola forms you have to use an everstone which makes it breed into normal form. Say I breed two vulpix and I want the offspring to be a timid alola vulpix. Is there any way to use an everstone to do this? Like make the male hold the everstone or something?
    The everstone is used with Kanto forms to make the offspring a Kanto form. If it is not used than the Kanto form Pokémon will have an Alola form offspring. Giving a timid female Alolan Vulpix an everstone will yield a timid Alolan Vulpix. If I gave an everstone to a female Kanto Vulpix than the offspring would be an identical nature Kanto Vulpix. Make sense?

  3. #2628
    Yknot's Avatar
    Yknot is offline Дми́трий Дми́триевич
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    soft resetting
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Does Anyone Know what location the MATTLE ho oh registers as showing up from? I thought it would be from a distant land since it's from Colosseum but mine is showing up from the Hoenn region in gen 6 so I'm wondering what the story is. I know I got one myself but I think I got one in a trade too so just wanted to check and I can't seem to find both to compare.

    also it would be nice if we could get the right info on serebii after several years. it does not get your ID it gets a preset one like an event

    https://www.serebii.net/colosseum/ho-oh.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    ... that Ribbon Metagross is the coolest thing I have seen in pokemon for a long time...


  4. #2629
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Aomori, Japan
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    Does Anyone Know what location the MATTLE ho oh registers as showing up from? I thought it would be from a distant land since it's from Colosseum but mine is showing up from the Hoenn region in gen 6 so I'm wondering what the story is. I know I got one myself but I think I got one in a trade too so just wanted to check and I can't seem to find both to compare.

    also it would be nice if we could get the right info on serebii after several years. it does not get your ID it gets a preset one like an event

    https://www.serebii.net/colosseum/ho-oh.shtml
    Serebii's info is terrible and will probably never be updated. Bulbapedia is a better reference if only because they have more info and they keep it up-to-date.

    Anyway, Ho-Oh, like all Event Pokemon, will have the origin location depending on which game it was received in. Yours has Hoenn because you received it on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. If it was sent to FRLG however, it would be coming from Kanto.
    Shiny LivingDex obtained on June 17th, 2017

    .// Road's Trading Bureau
    Open again! Really looking for self-obtained Shinies to be replaced in my collection!


    Please do not ask me if I will be receiving certain events.

  5. #2630
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fight Area
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Am I doing something wrong?

    I'm trying to breed a 5 IV Aerodactyl in everything but Sp. Attk, witout using hyper training and with its hidden ability Unnerve

    In the daycare I have....

    Female Aerodactyl
    Adamant nature
    Unnerve as its ability
    Holding a Everstone
    HP - Best
    Attack - best
    Defence - Pretty Good
    Sp Attack - Decent
    Sp. Defence - Best
    Speed - Best
    Outstanding potential

    and a

    Male Aerodactyl
    Adamant nature
    Unnerve as its ability
    Holding a Destiny Knot
    HP - Best
    Attack - Best
    Defence - Best
    Sp Attack - Decent
    Sp. Defence - Best
    Speed - Fantastic
    Outstanding potential

    I must be on 100 plus eggs and still no 5 IV baby with its hidden ability.
    I'm getting 4 Ivs and its hidden ability and 5 Ivs with its normal abilities, but never together.
    Am I getting super bad luck or is there some math/coding thing going on where passing down the Hidden ability is stopping the passing down of 5 Ivs?
    This is getting both boring and frustrating now.
    Team MechaBulba
    Pokemon Alpha Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles and Trades.
    * 8th of November 2016, the day Gengar died *

  6. #2631
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Am I doing something wrong?

    I'm trying to breed a 5 IV Aerodactyl in everything but Sp. Attk, witout using hyper training and with its hidden ability Unnerve

    In the daycare I have....

    Female Aerodactyl
    Adamant nature
    Unnerve as its ability
    Holding a Everstone
    HP - Best
    Attack - best
    Defence - Pretty Good
    Sp Attack - Decent
    Sp. Defence - Best
    Speed - Best
    Outstanding potential

    and a

    Male Aerodactyl
    Adamant nature
    Unnerve as its ability
    Holding a Destiny Knot
    HP - Best
    Attack - Best
    Defence - Best
    Sp Attack - Decent
    Sp. Defence - Best
    Speed - Fantastic
    Outstanding potential

    I must be on 100 plus eggs and still no 5 IV baby with its hidden ability.
    I'm getting 4 Ivs and its hidden ability and 5 Ivs with its normal abilities, but never together.
    Am I getting super bad luck or is there some math/coding thing going on where passing down the Hidden ability is stopping the passing down of 5 Ivs?
    This is getting both boring and frustrating now.
    Is bad luck. With that combination you should approximately have a 1 in 30 chance to get what you want. One thing you can do to improve your chances is take one of the 5IV male offsprings without the hidden ability (assuming the imperfect IV is in Sp.Atk) and replace your current father with it. The father's ability is irrelevant when it comes to breeding unless you're breeding with Ditto. If you do that the odds should increase to 1 in 15.
    Last edited by Sceptile Leaf Blade; 8th November 2017 at 9:54 PM.

  7. #2632
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fight Area
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    Is bad luck. With that combination you should approximately have a 1 in 30 chance to get what you want. One thing you can do to improve your chances is take one of the 5IV male offsprings without the hidden ability (assuming the imperfect IV is in Sp.Atk) and replace your current father with it. The father's ability is irrelevant when it comes to breeding unless you're breeding with Ditto. If you do that the odds should increase to 1 in 15.
    Yep just bad luck. Switched the male to one of the 5 IV ones with Pressure and after another 50+ eggs finally got it. Thanks

    That's my longest breeding run yet.
    Team MechaBulba
    Pokemon Alpha Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles and Trades.
    * 8th of November 2016, the day Gengar died *

  8. #2633
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1

    Default

    My Neighborhood Gamestop ran out of codes for the Shiny Silvally before I could get one. Getting to a different Gamestop would be a pain for me. Does anyone have a spare code to give me? Please PM if you do. Thanks in advance.

  9. #2634
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Aomori, Japan
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokeplayer9994 View Post
    My Neighborhood Gamestop ran out of codes for the Shiny Silvally before I could get one. Getting to a different Gamestop would be a pain for me. Does anyone have a spare code to give me? Please PM if you do. Thanks in advance.
    See the Event Trading Thread, you can check it out and see if anyone else is offering one, and if not, post there with better luck.
    Shiny LivingDex obtained on June 17th, 2017

    .// Road's Trading Bureau
    Open again! Really looking for self-obtained Shinies to be replaced in my collection!


    Please do not ask me if I will be receiving certain events.

  10. #2635
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Will event Pokemon for Sun/Moon end once Ultra Sun comes out? Or because they're both gen 6 will both games get them?
    Pokemon Blue Team (current): Ivysaur, Butterfree, Pikachu, Sandslash
    Pokemon FireRed Team: Blastoise, Parasect, Graveller, Pidgeot, Arbok, Primeape
    Pokemon Black Team: Embroar, Krookodile, Swanna, Beheeyem, Vanilluxe, Magnezone
    Pokemon Platinum Team (hiatus): Grotle, Kricketune, Onix, Magikarp, Zubat
    Pokemon Ultra Sun Team (current): Rowlett

    Friend Code: 4700 1271 9539

  11. #2636

    Default

    Once OR/AS were released and became the then-current standard, events for X/Y didn't cease but they did slow considerably. In 2015, with OR/AS being the game of choice, the North American event count was 0 exclusively for X/Y, 10ish exclusively for OR/AS, and 4 for both sets of games.

    That's probably your best indicator for now. You can see for yourself what that ratio was like in other regions in the event database - just sort by year for 2014 and 2015.

    https://www.serebii.net/events/
    Last edited by BCVM22; 10th November 2017 at 6:33 AM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #2637
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Aomori, Japan
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLynch View Post
    Will event Pokemon for Sun/Moon end once Ultra Sun comes out? Or because they're both gen 6 will both games get them?
    No and yes. In 6th Gen (last gen, we are in 7th now haha), most events were able to be received by XYORAS (all the games), but there were some events that were ORAS only. So, events will generally be for SM and USUM, while some will be USUM exclusive (or some other division of exclusive, like S/US or M/UM).

    (Also what BCVM said, we posted at the same time it seems haha.)
    Shiny LivingDex obtained on June 17th, 2017

    .// Road's Trading Bureau
    Open again! Really looking for self-obtained Shinies to be replaced in my collection!


    Please do not ask me if I will be receiving certain events.

  13. #2638

    Default

    I should clarify my response to the original question, based on further review. In 2015, the year immediately following the release of OR/AS, the considerable majority of North American events were exclusive to those games. And of the few events that were generation-wide - for all four Generation VI games - Hoopa was one of them. There remain no event Legendary Pokémon unreleased for Sun/Moon. Japan got more events that were generation-wide, but they also had a larger sample size, as they do.

    However, in 2016 - for over ten months of which Generation VI was still the standard - the majority of the events were generation-wide.

    Collectively, that all makes for the best indicator at this stage. Next year's slate of events will likely be skewed towards Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, understandably, and then potentially 2019's events (assuming we're still waiting on Pokémon for the Switch until the end of that year) will be across all four Generation VII titles.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 10th November 2017 at 6:40 AM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  14. #2639
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Thanks everyone.
    Pokemon Blue Team (current): Ivysaur, Butterfree, Pikachu, Sandslash
    Pokemon FireRed Team: Blastoise, Parasect, Graveller, Pidgeot, Arbok, Primeape
    Pokemon Black Team: Embroar, Krookodile, Swanna, Beheeyem, Vanilluxe, Magnezone
    Pokemon Platinum Team (hiatus): Grotle, Kricketune, Onix, Magikarp, Zubat
    Pokemon Ultra Sun Team (current): Rowlett

    Friend Code: 4700 1271 9539

  15. #2640
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    I'm breeding a Male, HA Gible with a Female Non HA Gible, but none of my eggs have the HA. Am I doing something wrong?

  16. #2641

    Default

    Just bad luck. Not that you necessarily have control over this but your odds increase significantly if you have a female Gible with the Hidden Ability.

    You might try breeding the male with a Ditto instead - the chances of the baby getting the Hidden Ability are 60%.

    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...ting_Abilities



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  17. #2642
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Just bad luck. Not that you necessarily have control over this but your odds increase significantly if you have a female Gible with the Hidden Ability.

    You might try breeding the male with a Ditto instead - the chances of the baby getting the Hidden Ability are 60%.

    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...ting_Abilities
    That's what I was thinking, just bad luck. Thanks for getting back to me.

  18. #2643
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hi, this it's my first post here.

    My brothers are playing Pokémon Sun, we beated the League and started the postgame (we have, for example, the Type Null, or the Tapus), butwe have a problem with Nihilego.
    We we defeated Anabella, we talked to Wicke in his room, but when we returned to the motel, anabella is not there, Looker doesn't appears, the room is empty.
    We looked some playgames but it seems to happen only to us.

    How can we fix it? Thank you.

  19. #2644
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
    Hi, this it's my first post here.

    My brothers are playing Pokémon Sun, we beated the League and started the postgame (we have, for example, the Type Null, or the Tapus), butwe have a problem with Nihilego.
    We we defeated Anabella, we talked to Wicke in his room, but when we returned to the motel, anabella is not there, Looker doesn't appears, the room is empty.
    We looked some playgames but it seems to happen only to us.

    How can we fix it? Thank you.
    Have you tried going to Wela Volcano or Diglet's Tunnel?

    "Return to Route 8 and Looker will burst into the motel saying that UB-01, the Pokémon Nihilego, has been spotted in Wela Volcano and Diglett's Tunnel. They request for you to go hunt it down and capture it. When you get there, it can be found in the grass/cave just randomly. You'll know it's in the area as the music shall change.

    When the battle begins, Nihilego will be absorbed by an aura which boosts its Special Defense by two stages as standard. It is Level 55 and Rock/Poison-type."

    Link: https://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/ultrabeasts.shtml

  20. #2645
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    So, I just got the game. What gives if I get a 006-0112 error when trying to redeem a pokemon? Got a shiny legendary for pre ordering the new ultra games, the code gives me the error message when trying to redeem it. The problem doesn't lie with my internet connection, I checked online battling and everything else, works fine. How would one get this error message?

  21. #2646
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by te0001lm View Post
    Have you tried going to Wela Volcano or Diglet's Tunnel?

    "Return to Route 8 and Looker will burst into the motel saying that UB-01, the Pokémon Nihilego, has been spotted in Wela Volcano and Diglett's Tunnel. They request for you to go hunt it down and capture it. When you get there, it can be found in the grass/cave just randomly. You'll know it's in the area as the music shall change.

    When the battle begins, Nihilego will be absorbed by an aura which boosts its Special Defense by two stages as standard. It is Level 55 and Rock/Poison-type."

    Link: https://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/ultrabeasts.shtml
    The thing is that I have not spoken to Looker and Anabelle the second time, so Nihilego can't just appear.
    I have the 10 Beast Ball, but Anabelle and Looker doesn't are in the motel, It seems to happen to nobody apart from me (looking videos in youtube). Can anybody help me?

    In the Aether Paradise you speak two times with Wicke. Near the lift and in her room. We talked first near the lift, dome days latter we visited Looker and Anabella for first time, defeated Anabella, and talked agin with Wicke getting the Beast Balls, but when we return to the motel, no one is there.

    Thank you.

  22. #2647
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61

    Default

    So a couple of questions:

    1) Do codes for NA event Pokemon work on an Australian console? What about EU codes or codes from another country/region?

    2) Is there any benefit transferring Pokemon from Gen 1? What about Gen 3 or Gen 4? Is there any guide as to which generations are worth transferring for which Pokemon?
    Pokemon Blue Team (current): Ivysaur, Butterfree, Pikachu, Sandslash
    Pokemon FireRed Team: Blastoise, Parasect, Graveller, Pidgeot, Arbok, Primeape
    Pokemon Black Team: Embroar, Krookodile, Swanna, Beheeyem, Vanilluxe, Magnezone
    Pokemon Platinum Team (hiatus): Grotle, Kricketune, Onix, Magikarp, Zubat
    Pokemon Ultra Sun Team (current): Rowlett

    Friend Code: 4700 1271 9539

  23. #2648
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
    The thing is that I have not spoken to Looker and Anabelle the second time, so Nihilego can't just appear.
    I have the 10 Beast Ball, but Anabelle and Looker doesn't are in the motel, It seems to happen to nobody apart from me (looking videos in youtube). Can anybody help me?

    In the Aether Paradise you speak two times with Wicke. Near the lift and in her room. We talked first near the lift, dome days latter we visited Looker and Anabella for first time, defeated Anabella, and talked agin with Wicke getting the Beast Balls, but when we return to the motel, no one is there.

    Thank you.
    No worries. Sun and Moon have been out for about/almost a year, and this is the first time that I have heard of such an issue. I am referring from Serebii as I am unable to recall the exact procedure of encountering Nihilego.

    Let's do a systematic troubleshoot:
    (1) Defeat pokemon league and become champion
    (2) Receive enigmatic card outside house
    (3) Go to motel in route 8
    (4) Meet Looker & Anabel, defeat the latter
    (5) Go to Aether Foundation
    (6) Collect Beast balls from Wicke
    (7) Return to motel on route 8
    (8) Looker will enter and provide information on Nihilego
    (9) Go to Wela Volcano and Diglett's Tunnel to encounter Nihilego

    It seems like you are stuck at (8). Please check the following: 1) Are you in the correct location and room? 2) Walk around the room to ensure that Looker does not appear. 3) Go to Wela volcano and Diglett's Tunnel to verify that Nihilego will not be encountered.

    Will proceed after you have verified the above. Good luck! =)

  24. #2649
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLynch View Post
    So a couple of questions:

    1) Do codes for NA event Pokemon work on an Australian console? What about EU codes or codes from another country/region?

    2) Is there any benefit transferring Pokemon from Gen 1? What about Gen 3 or Gen 4? Is there any guide as to which generations are worth transferring for which Pokemon?

    1) No

    2) We all have different reasons for transferring. I think the choice is down to preference.

  25. #2650
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by te0001lm View Post
    No worries. Sun and Moon have been out for about/almost a year, and this is the first time that I have heard of such an issue. I am referring from Serebii as I am unable to recall the exact procedure of encountering Nihilego.

    It seems like you are stuck at (8). Please check the following: 1) Are you in the correct location and room? 2) Walk around the room to ensure that Looker does not appear. 3) Go to Wela volcano and Diglett's Tunnel to verify that Nihilego will not be encountered.

    Will proceed after you have verified the above. Good luck! =)
    It was easier than I thought.

    We confused the motel of Route 2 and the motel of Route 8. ^-^U

    Thanks for help!

Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •