Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

I looked for some of the Zygarde cells today. I was playing during the daytime and wanted to find as many of the day-only cells as possible, since I've mostly been playing my game at night. Thanks to the guide I was using, I found most of the daytime cells. The only ones I didn't get were the ones found in the areas of Poni Island I haven't explored yet, so I'll get them some other time.

After that, I worked on evolving some more Pokemon. I did some more training at the Battle Buffet, plus fought Faba at Aether Paradise and Dexio at Ancient Poni Path, which allowed me to evolve Pokemon such as Yungoos, Spearow, and Golbat. At Vast Poni Canyon, I levelled up and evolved Magneton, Charjabug, and Nosepass. Finally, I evolved my Rowlet and Litten all the way, so I've now registered all of the Alola starters and their evolutions in my Pokedex.
    My dex is at 136 owned iirc.
    >>// \\<<

Used the Island Scan for the first time, getting Klink. I beat the first Trial Kahuna, which was pretty hard.

I had my first evolution with Pichu finally evolving. I've been very careful to make sure my friendship evolution Pokemon don't end up fainting. It should only be a matter of time until Munchlax and Meowth evolve. My planned team will be Decidueye, Raichu, Snorlax, Muk, Araquanid and Minior. Admittedly the latter two are in limbo, since I plan to get Pokemon Moon. But no matter what I have at least two Alola Pokemon on my team
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

I'm about to enter the Pokemon League in Sun. But decided to get an early start in Moon. Ended up going with Popolio. Ended up being Male of course, but with an Adamant nature. Then my first caught was a Pikapek also with an Adamant nature! Lol. Ending up with 2 Pokes already with that nature seemed kinda odd to me, but it being such a Popular nature with many I'll try and make it work with Popolio but definitely gonna use it with Pika

I have done a few more things during the past days. I brought my Lunala with me to the Altar of the Moone and went to the Alternate World. There, I made my way to the Lake of the Moone and obtained a Cosmog. I'm going to train up this little cutie into another Lunala in the future. The idea of having an Alternate World is cool, though it would have been even better if it had been more different compared to the regular world. I'm not sure if I'll ever use it again, but we'll see.

Went back to the regular world and did some other things. Caught a Honedge using Island Scan, planning to breed it in order to get an Aegislash later on. I also made sure I had obtained all TMs, went around to various Poke Marts and bought the ones I didn't have yet. Then I found the Charge Beam TM on Route 5, I had missed it when I initially explored that area. Now I have all TMs on this game, good to have that done. Afterwards, I sorted my leftover Synchronize Abra in two boxes, one box for the useful and one box for the completely useless.

Then I did one more thing. Put together my in-game team for the possibly last time and went to the top of Mount Lanakila to challenge the E4 once more as well as see which challenger I would get to meet. I beat the Elite Four without major problems, though Kahili took a little longer than expected since I don't have many good moves against Flying-type Pokemon. I managed to win against all four and got to face a challenger. It turned out to be Hau. Which is good, I like this guy. Beat him with ease as well. Then I got to watch the credits and see all the photos again... wait, what? No credits? They are a first-time thing only this time around? This was rather unexpected. But I don't mind, now I might actually rechallenge the Elite Four more times since I won't have to watch the credits afterwards every time, which in past games have been the one thing that have prevented me from rechallenging the Elite Four more times than necessary.

That's all for now. Next up, I need to get started on training some Pokemon for a specific purpose. Or several purposes, but we'll get to that. I really don't want to do this, but I have no other choice. The other choice would be to wait until Bank gets updated, but I'm too impatient. So I'll have to look up some info regarding the Pokemon I'm going to train, then do the actual training and use them for what I have planned. I have started with the planning already, will get started on the actual training tomorrow at the earliest.
    ~~ ~~
    ~
    ~~ ~~

Today in Sun, I went all around Alola catching Pokémon which I hadn't caught during my trial challenges. I also fought a few Trainers which I didn't battle, like the Trainers down the Mount Hokulani path and the lower part of the Vast Poni Canyon. It was very hard for me to catch Beldum on Mount Hokulani, since all they know is Take Down, which will eventually lead them to run out of PP and use Struggle, taking themselves out. After much trying, however, I managed to catch one in a Timer Ball, and I named him Fusilier (since Metang and Metagross are fusions of two or more Beldum). I checked up on Poké Pelago to find a wild Spearow and Trevenant visiting Isle Abeens, collected many Poké Beans from the beanstalk, and harvested all the berries on Isle Aplenny, planting some more in their wake.
    I love Canada now and forever.

I finally found that one elusive Moxie Pinsir for my Hidden Ability Hunt. Intimidate, which I used to get it to get help more, intimidated one of the Non-Mold Breaker Females that appeared a turn after weakening the first one (who had Hyper Cutter). Hunting in Poni Island for the final set of Hidden Abilities. Also, is it just me, or has Spirit Shackle got a bit buggy visually since the update? The animation seems to get half the screen black behind the pokemon near the end (Using my owl vs the Water Types). I'll test it in other places as well just to be sure.

In other news, after a long time waiting I finally got Cosmoem and got a complete Pokedex of 301. Will not be picking up the Shiny Charm after getting so many during my hunts for Hidden Abilities. (7 in total, 2 of which are Cubone during a Hunt for Inner Focus Kangaskhan)
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

Secret Base:

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 7 now added)
    Spreadsheet for Limited Balls in Sun & Moon

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

- So at the Aether Paradise, I learned about the jamming signal that prevented the use of empty Poke balls within the facility. I soon meet another Aether Foundation member named Wicke.
    - I walked around and encountered Lusamine next, then all of a sudden an Ultra Wormhole opened up and Lusamine got all giddy hee hee. I then had to battle the Ultra Beast, Nihilego.
    - Once Nihilego had fled, I was thanked by the Aether Foundation's staff and given the Psychic Tm by Wicke. Hau and I were then ferried off to Ula'ula Island and we arrived in Malie city. :]

I only have one last thing to do in game and that's collect all the z-cells.

However right now I've been battling up in the tree and I've been doing great. I'm around 82 wins and the catalog on the main site is amazingly useful. My for the battle tree is:

M-Gyarados, Aegislash, and Garchomp in that order. Such a great team.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Favorite Pokemon:

Okay, here's my "story". *Ahem*

I only started playing this game about a week ago, but since then, I've worked my way up toward earning the Firium Z in Pokemon Moon. However, because my all of my pokemon are currently too weak to complete Mallow's trial, I decided to embark on a quest to try and catch pokemon (Feebas, specifically) that I failed to catch within a reasonable amount of time.

I was far from disappointed. After about 10-20 attempts, I encountered my very first Feebas. "I'll be trading it over the GTS for rarer pokemon like Bagon and Kangaskhan asap.", I thought. That was the original plan. However...

As this beautiful specimen appeared before me, I almost immediately noticed a sparkle, then glitter, then a star, and finally, the exotic color. Before I had even realized it, my mouth dropped to the floor. I sat there, almost motionless, as I dug through my bag to throw a Quick ball. One, two, three shakes and... click!

So yeah, that happened. Basically, I caught my first shiny in Pokemon Moon on the initial encounter - all without a completed Pokedex.

Anyone else have a similar story?
    3DS FC: 4785-5487-9205

I'm going to take a break until I get all the Island Scan Pokemon species on the first island, before move on. Use it for SRing. In terms of events today I was able to get Meowth and Snorlax to like me enough in order to evolve. Until I move to the next island the Island Scan Pokemon are all just about all I have to catch. I will probably do SOS exclusive Pokemon much later where I can afford long battles

My planned final team as of now will be the following: Decidueye, Raichu, Snorlax, Muk, Araquanid and Minior. When I play Moon I will get at least Incineroar, Mimikyu and Toxapex
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Just got done catching the first two UBs ( I wondered why Buzzwole came back each time then I realized I need to chatch it @.@ )
    Ive been GTS ing for breeding projects and havent really done much since.....

( Banner made by American Pi )
    " Ive got the Fire in my heart and No ones putting it out"
    FB profile Here

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedyanma View Post
    Okay, here's my "story". *Ahem*

I only started playing this game about a week ago, but since then, I've worked my way up toward earning the Firium Z in Pokemon Moon. However, because my all of my pokemon are currently too weak to complete Mallow's trial, I decided to embark on a quest to try and catch pokemon (Feebas, specifically) that I failed to catch within a reasonable amount of time.

I was far from disappointed. After about 10-20 attempts, I encountered my very first Feebas. "I'll be trading it over the GTS for rarer pokemon like Bagon and Kangaskhan asap.", I thought. That was the original plan. However...

As this beautiful specimen appeared before me, I almost immediately noticed a sparkle, then glitter, then a star, and finally, the exotic color. Before I had even realized it, my mouth dropped to the floor. I sat there, almost motionless, as I dug through my bag to throw a Quick ball. One, two, three shakes and... click!

So yeah, that happened. Basically, I caught my first shiny in Pokemon Moon on the initial encounter - all without a completed Pokedex.

Anyone else have a similar story?
    i did have the same thing happen to me in pkmn X, my first Minun encounter ever was shiny. congrats, its a great feeling to have such luck for the first encounter.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

I tried to SR for a shiny. I failed...
    In Pokemon Sun, I keep on losing the battles against Hau. He’s weak, and I beat Lurantis first try. His Pokemon are weak, and mine are weaker? His Alolan Raichu topples my Pikachu... Why is he so strong?
    Need a Kartana with a nickname

Mew:Life is like a box of chocolates, if you read the box you know exactly what you’re gonna get.

before midnight last night after 12+ hours of soft resetting with shiny charm i got my shiny type null at 951!!!!
    fc 1607-3951-9913 Kevin
    second fc 5258 3034 6289 Kevin
    rare gba events-gen4&5events
    Event Shop
    update 1
    update 2
    update 3
    gen 7 events

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin24 View Post
    before midnight last night after 12+ hours of soft resetting with shiny charm i got my shiny type null at 951!!!!
    I thought Type:Null was Shiny locked. How did you manage to get one? I'm very curious now.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Been using GTS to get some of more pokemon including Stufful as I looked for HOURS and didn't find a single one 5% right! Going to try my hand at weather SOS next I'm trying to fill in the moon dex.

Been on Sun and started up my new game with a Poplilo and caught a Pikipeak (for brick break Totem) and beat Hau and his pichu. I'm currently doing some training. I think I'm going with: Primarina; Salazzle; Minior (heard some good things)or Salamence ; Tsareena; either Bewear or Passimian and Musdale.
    Friend Code X: 4914-4884-2329
    Friend Code Y: 0404-6504-6432

Pokémon in my safari X: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite
    Pokémon in my safarai Y: Pupitar Boldore Shuckle

PM me if you add me. GMT 0

Looking to:
    Complete vivillion patterns
    Collect all FS

Shiny charm collected 12/06/16

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    I thought Type:Null was Shiny locked. How did you manage to get one? I'm very curious now.
    not shiny locked. save before you talk with gladion in aether foundation. then proceed to soft reset if not shiny
    fc 1607-3951-9913 Kevin
    Event Shop
    update 1
    update 2
    update 3
    gen 7 events

On Wednesday I downloaded the special Munchlax and Snorlium Z.

Yesterday I got a Gastly from Poke Pelago and another possible one for Today. Turned on EXP share before Lush Jungle to help out Plushy. Rainbow made finding all Mallows ingredients a breeze. Rainbow almost defeated Totem Lurantis by herself. Unfortunatly, Trumbeak was able to get a few hits in even with max evasion. Jupiter and Rainbow's left over Poison finished off the battle. Headed back into the Jungle afterward to catch pokemon to level up Poke Pelago. Caught a Paras, Comfey, and Fomantis. Then I headed into the Dimentional Research Lab for some backstory. After that Plushy then smashed her way through Digglet Tunnel. Caught a Zubat along the way for the trade in Konikoni City. Grabbed the Skull Fossil while i was in Konikoni as well. Ended with a trip to revive the Fossil.

Team
    Archer - Dartrix lvl 26
    Rainbow - Grimer lvl 27
    Jupiter - Araquanid lvl 27
    Plushy - Stufful lvl 26

and not too long ago just got shiny ha 4iv riolu in 32 sos

just now got shiny morelull at 137 sos
    Last edited by Kevin24; 13th January 2017 at 8:56 PM.
    fc 1607-3951-9913 Kevin
    Event Shop
    update 1
    update 2
    update 3
    gen 7 events

Got a few hard-to-find Pokemon from the Poke Pelago, getting Mismagius in Pokemon Sun and Emolga and Lapras in Pokemon Moon (don't have to worry about the annoyance that is Perish Song). Also caught Relicanth in both my games and Beldum in Pokemon Moon which it is pretty much a repeat of what happened in Pokemon Sun (an easy catch despite having a catch rate of 3). With the recent patch fixing the evolution move glitch I evolved my Abra to test it out, as expected it learned both Kinesis and Confusion upon evolving.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Added quite a few Pokemon to my Pokedex yesterday. I did some training at the Battle Buffet again and was able to evolve several Pokemon, including Trapinch, Sandile, and Grimer. Then, I evolved a few Pokemon like Cottonee and Growlithe using stones.

Next, I continued levelling up Pokemon for evolution by exploring the rest of Poni Island. I went through all of the areas from Poni Grove to the Battle Tree and battled every trainer, allowing me to add several more Pokemon to the dex. I also caught a Primeape while on the Poni Plains. Almost caught a Riolu in Poni Grove, too, but it decided it was time that I actually learned what the move Final Gambit does. >.> Anyway, by the time I was done, my Alola dex was at 156 owned.

When I got to the Battle Tree, I decided to battle Red since I fought Blue on Moon. I ended up soft resetting after a few turns because he switched Pikachu out for Venusaur, which screwed me up since my Pokemon sucked at switching into attacks. On my next try, I switched my Palossand out for Kommo-o while Red went to Venusaur again, which gave me the opportunity to set up Dragon Dance and then sweep.

Today, I didn't do too much. I checked Poke Pelago and then went to collect the rest of the day-only Zygarde cells. I also finished getting all of the cores. According to my cube, I now have 94/100 Zygarde cells/cores collected.
    >>// \\<<

sometime after midnight i found a shiny Baile Style oricorio at 249 sos
    fc 1607-3951-9913 Kevin
    Event Shop
    update 1
    update 2
    update 3
    gen 7 events

Recently I've been filling my Dex up. Despite the colossal amount of encounters to grind up levels and find Pokemon with low encounters, I haven't seen a shiny yet... I'm currently at 56% in the Alola Dex.
    Last edited by Nerdy McNerdface; 14th January 2017 at 1:48 PM.
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

I'm about to enter the Pokemon League with Solgaleo, Salazzle, Golisopod, Decidueye, Lycanroc, and Zygarde. Forgot to mention a while back I had caught Solgaleo with A timer ball but the battle wasn't even that long. About only 4 turns! I wonder if that was a glitch lol

A few days ago I had finally completed my Pokedex and got the Shiny Charm. Now I don't really actively hunt for Shinies, but yesterday as I was randomly battling wild Pokemon, I encountered and caught 3 Shinies. Two Pikipeks and a Yungoos. I had also hatched a Shiny Vulpix two days before after just 9 eggs. Seems that charm really does make a difference.

This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen of Alola.
    She's also a people person and loves to help out fellow
    Pokemon Sunsters and Moonsters. PM me if you need Dex entries
    or help evolving your Pokemon. I may be able to help.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast