Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

I've taken some time away from the games as I had many assignments to mark over the christmas holidays for my student, so now that I've finished that, it was time to head back to Alola, so I decided I was going to attempt the Battle Tree again, my highest record so far was 14. I was also getting fed up of it too so the break was quite refreshing. So yesterday I decided to train up the Growlithe and Gible from Wonder trade, then I hit the battle tree this morning. I was fed up of people making suggestions of teams and pokemon to use based on what worked for them, but that just did not feel right, if I'm doing it, I'm doing it with Pokemon I enjoy using, I haven't used Arcanine since Blue (although did use it in the virtual console version), and Garchomp has helped me out loads in the past.

So I started the Battle Tree with Garchomp (holding Garchompite which I had enough for due to all the attempts I tried before my break), Arcanine and Silvally (holding the Electric Memory), and I made my way to battle 20! Defeat Red (is that one random? Or is it always Red?). It felt great. To have finally got to that battle. And then I unlocked the super battles, so I went at it again, with the same team. And I went up against Wally, I expected Mega Gallade, but was shocked when it didn't Mega Evolve, so took it out easily with Outrage, however he sent out Altaria, who then Mega Evolved, my outrage was mid way through, so then it Garchomp attacked, yet it didn't effect it. Altaria got a dragon dance in there, so I wasn't expecting Garchomp to last long. So I swapped it out for Arcanine, who managed to get a Flare Blitz in before getting taken down, then Silvally went in and just managed to edge it. Magnezone came out and took out Silvally, but the battle finished with an Earthquake from Garchomp! And now I leave for work shortly, so its time for a break till later. I worry about facing Cynthia and her Garchomp.

Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

Caught almost the Pokemon obtained by fishing on both my games, only ones I am missing are Relicanth and Feebas. Unexpectally encountered a Beldum in Pokemon Sun while looking for Saturday's Island Scan Pokemon on Ula'ula Island, for a Pokemon with a catch rate of 3 the catch was quite easy with a Dusk Ball getting the job done after one Yawn and Hold Back from Snorlax. Also spent some time on Mount Lanakila and Vast Poni Canyon to evolve my Crabrawler, Nosepass and Metapod to register their evolved forms on my Pokedex.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Earlier this week, I went shiny hunting on Route 1 without the shiny charm. I was so surprised that in 25 minutes total (on two different days) I caught a shiny pikipek and caterpie! My first shinies ever in a pokemon game.

Celebrating my shinies, I did the Island scan on Ula'ula island and caught myself a Swinub
    Pokemon Sun Shinies:
    (37 SOS Calls) (27 SOS Calls)

Planned Pokemon Sun Hunts:

Current Hunts: (102 SR) (25 SR)

Yesterday, I climbed the Altar of the Sunne and soon entered the Ultra Space with Lillie and Solgaleo. There, I fought Lusamine again and used most of my team members during the battle. I started with my Exeggutor, who eventually took down Clefable (which used Moonblast on me once, then wasted its time using Moonlight and getting bad moves from Metronome). After that, I used a different team member against each of Lusamine's remaining Pokemon, but I don't remember the details. I know I ended up not using my Ninetales, though.

Back at the altar, I battled Solgaleo. I weakened it down with Ribombee and Primarina, then caught it on my first ball. After a few more cutscenes, I went to Mount Lanakila. I fought Gladion there and won using Ninetales and Kommo-o. Near the top of the mountain, I defeated Hau with Kommo-o again along with Ribombee. While exploring, I was able to catch a Snorunt, Sneasel, and Absol.

I reached the Pokemon League, but didn't fight the Elite Four. Instead, I spent some time on Poke Pelago, where I got a Carbink. I'll probably train a bit more before doing the league.

Oh, I also went through Haina Desert. I caught a Sandile, found all the items there, and reached the Ruins of Abundance. The only thing I didn't do was catch a Trapinch since I got tired of seeing Sandile. I'll go back and catch one later.

Team:

Lv. 56-57
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 8th January 2017 at 7:25 AM.
    ~ * * ~

I found a man in the desert, who seemed confused about his past, pondering about wanting a Pokémon that has a crescent moon shape I tried Lunala, but he disagreed, soon enough I did Lunatone, welp that was the real Pokémon I guess.
    Hi! Welcome to a void of endless awkwardness ;3

That annoying person you want to annoy but you cant because they annoy you everyday and so on~

Shiny Eggs... Shiny Eggs :/
    You are beautiful the way you are
    This is a place of imagination and weirdness, feel free in a world where you cant, yep I just said that.
    Aw, thanks I am a ghost type trainer >;3
    Mystery Dungeon Exploreres Of Sky Team Eclipse .- .-
    Pokémon Red Team:
    Cosplaying Pikachu since 21 years ago
    [IMG]PokeCharms.jpg[/IMG]

Friend Code! 4528-2559-5330

I decided to collect and hatch the eggs at the same time because collecting and hatching them separately took way too long. Still no luck on the shiny but I won't lose hope. I finished my day by taking on the Battle Buffet with Decidueye and Greninja.

- Still inside of Diglett's Tunnel, I found some items, caught a Diglett and defeated some Team Skull grunts with Hau's help hee hee. Hau then handed me a Max Ether and I left. ^^
    - I was now at Route 9 and I passed the Police Station and fished by the shore and hooked a Corsola and a Mareanie via an S.O.S. encounter. I also defeated a couple of trainers.
    - Now that I had passed Route 9, I was in Konikoni city. I took a few detours, then I went looking for Olivia's shop. I found out that she was at the Ruins of Life, past Memorial Hill.

I have begun playing in earnest. Got the Munchlax event just in time. So far my team members compose of Rowlet, Pichu, Alola Rattata(with Hustle) and Munchlax. I know I'm keeping Rowlet and Munchlax, and probably Pichu once it reaches its final stage. May get Alola Muk, though could save that for my Moon let's play since I feel I'd have too many Kanto Pokemon. Bare minimum, I'm going to get Minior and Dewpider in future. My final team will probably be either Rowlett, Snorlax, Alola Raichu, Alola Muk, Araquanid and Minior or Rowlett, Snorlax, Alola Raichu, Araquanid, Minior and Zygarde

Munchlax managed to Oblivion Wing thanks to its Metronome
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

I returned to Haina Desert today in order to catch a Trapinch for my Pokedex. I eventually found one after encountering too many Sandiles and started trying to hit it with my Exeggutor's Sleep Powder...but then it SOSed in a Castform, and I just had to catch that instead. So, I killed the Trapinch and caught the Castform. A few encounters later, I found another Trapinch and caught it.

Next, I returned to Mount Lanakila. I fought a bunch of wild Pokemon there to level up my team some more in preparation for the Pokemon League. While training my main Pokemon, I also evolved my Caterpie, Pichu, and Abra, plus levelled up a few other Pokemon I'll need to evolve in the future.

I got my whole team to level 60. Next time, I'll take on the Elite Four.
    ~ * * ~

Haven't had a lot of time to play during the past few days, but I did some small things at least. Did the last parts of the Ula'ula Dex. Evolved my Vibrava into Flygon and my Gabite into Garchomp. Those were the last regular evolutions I needed, so that was now done. I did the stone evolutions afterwards, which added the following to the Dex: Clefable, Sandslash and Froslass. With that, I was done with the Ula'ula Dex for now, just missing the trade evolutions, Sun exclusives and the Tapu like with the two previous Dexes. All of which I'll get later on.

Moved on to the Poni Dex. Withdrew my Riolu and gave it the Soothe Bell since I need to evolve it, going to keep it in my party until it has evolved. Then I caught all the Pokemon I hadn't caught that I needed for this Dex. They were the following: Dhelmise, Lapras, Relicanth, Sharpedo, Emolga and Dratini. I thought some of them would be hard to find, but that wasn't really the case as they were found quite quickly. The one that took the longest to find was Emolga, despite the fact that it has a 20% chance of appearing.

Afterwards, I used Island Scan a little again, probably for the last time before the current global mission ends. I caught Conkeldurr and Swinub. Had already caught Swinub since before but I guess you can't have too many of them. I guess this is the last time I use Island Scan before the mission ends, but I haven't used it for the last time overall since I want to catch Honedge and Emboar with it at some point in the future. Maybe others too, we'll see. Connected my game to the internet to check how the mission was going and sadly, it looks like we won't make it. Which is too bad. Maybe another time.

~~~~~~~

- Even tho Olivia wasn't at her jewelry shop in Konikoni city, I looked around and purchased some evolutionary stones. I also bought a few herbs and Incenses at other shops. ^^
    - I didn't have enough cash on hand to buy Tms, but I did get my hands on a Cover Fossil. I then received the Pikanium Z crystal at the Lighthouse Point to the north of the city. :]
    -So now I left Konikoni city and I had to pass through Memorial Hill to reach Olivia for the Grand Trial battle. I then saw Team Skull guys and members of the Aether Foundation.

just hatched shiny turtonator in moon in 158 eggs with shiny charm using jp ditto and eng turtonator
    fc 1607-3951-9913 Kevin
    second fc 5258 3034 6289 Kevin
    rare gba events-gen4&5events
    Event Shop
    update 1
    update 2
    update 3
    gen 7 events
    NOT LOOKING FOR ANYTHING BESIDES GEN 6 EVENTS WITH PROOF I ALSO DO NOT ACCEPT NEW EVENTS WITHOUT PROOF. IF YOU DON'T HAVE PROOF I WON'T TRADE. PROOF MUST BE VIDEO REDEMPTION OR FULL STEP BY STEP REDEMPTION PROCESS VIA PICS. NOT ACCEPTING ONLY WC PROOF. WILL IGNORE ALL NON PROOF OFFERS,SHINY OFFERS ETC

I rose my Festival Plaza rank to 242. I have, with the exception of the Ultra Beasts quest, have finished my Pokedex. I will have my own Shiny Charm in 24-48 hours. I learned how to EV train properly.
    I may not care much for Amourshipping, but I do love Serena!

Credits go to NintendoFan82 for this banner.

Didn't have as much time to play today as I'd hoped. After checking Poke Pelago, I went to the nursery and got some Castform eggs. I hatched them, then linked up with my Moon on my other 3DS to do some trading. I traded over a few of the Castform I hatched along with some of the Wonder Trade Pokemon I didn't need in exchange for some Pokemon I needed for my Sun's Pokedex, including Lunala, Rowlet, and Litten. Also, I traded over my Moon's Tapu Koko (going to EV train it and try it in the Battle Tree in the future) and a Ditto (with a Jolly Nature).
    I traded over some useful items, too, such as my Lucky Egg and remaining Apricorn Balls.

Then, I used Wonder Trade again and traded away a couple of Castform. I got a Spearow (which I released) and a bred Sandshrew that I might actually use for breeding one day.

Guess I'll do the league tomorrow.
    ~ * * ~

After a REALLY REALLY long breeding process, I've got all Eeveelutions in Love Balls with Outstanding and Best on at least 5 stats with only Jolteon and Flareon being males and all the rest females:

Sparkster, the Jolteon ♂
    Pyro, the Flareon ♂
    Lily, the Vaporeon ♀
    Blossom, the Leafeon ♀
    Maleficent, the Umbreon ♀
    Sabrina, the Espeon ♀
    Breeze, the Glaceon ♀
    Navi, the Sylveon ♀

Later I post the pictures!

Continued on the Pokedex. Had to do a bit of breeding for the Poni Dex to start with. Did so and it added the following to the Dex: Snubbull, Shellos and Carvanha. Then I moved on to the regular evolutions. There weren't many this time around, just these: Wailord, Dragonair, Dragonite and Lucario. Extremely few compared to the past dexes, though it isn't strange since a very large part of the Poni Dex overlaps with the other three, which I have already completed the majority of. Then I did the stone evolutions as well... or stone evolution, since it was just one. I used a Dusk Stone to evolve my Murkrow into Honchkrow.

With that, I was done with the Poni Dex as well. Just missing the Sun exclusives, Trade evolutions and Tapu, like with the previous four dexes. I am mostly done with everything I had planned to do for the dex on the whole for now as well. Still going to get a few more Pokemon in the near future, they will be Cosmog, Cosmoem and Silvally. Maybe others too. I'll also get around to catching the remaining legendaries at some point in the relatively near future as well.

But for now, I'll continue with a few other things. I really want Bank to get Gen 7 support so I can send over some Pokemon I will need from Gen 6, but I guess it will have to wait for a little longer. I have some small things to do, will start on them next. Went to Festival Plaza and connected to the internet, got 434 FC for participating in the global mission that failed. Which I don't really mind as I like getting any FC at all. While it isn't as many as it could have been, it is still great. I managed to get my Festival Plaza to somewhere above rank 30, so that's great.

~~~~~~~

- A member of the Aether Foundation named Faba didn't want to fight the Team Skull grunt at Memorial Hill, so I did the honors hee hee. I defeated his Raticate and spoke with Faba.
    - Faba asked me to visit the Hano Grand Resort to collect a reward for coming to his rescue and next I picked up an Adrenaline Orb and a Cleanse Tag and also caught a Phantump.
    - I continued walking among the graves and now I was at the Akala Outskirts area. I confronted Team Skull Admin Plumeria as well and caught a Gumshoos and Nosepass nearby. :]

I did the Ultra Beasts quest and got a bunch of spare Ultra Beasts in my PC now. I got a Cosmog, evolved it up into Solgaleo and traded with my relative to get the Dex entry for Lunala. I finished my Pokedex and got me a Shiny Charm. Throughout this last part of my endeavor, I had my character sporting an outfit that although she was not too comfortable wearing, it actually kinda suit her.
    I may not care much for Amourshipping, but I do love Serena!

Credits go to NintendoFan82 for this banner.

Second proper play. I have managed to complete the first trial. Most difficult time was trying to get the Tangling Hair Diglett, because of its movesets and ability. I'm probably going to drop my Alola Meowth and Munchlax soon, or at least Munchlax because Alola Grimer does the tank job better

I'm going to try Island Scan tomorrow. FYI, where on the interwebs can I go for Island Stand QR Codes?

Toying with the idea of having a Johto QR code starter as a team member or not
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

filled 5 boxes with drampa eggs. started hatching eggs and got a shiny at 40 eggs
    fc 1607-3951-9913 Kevin
    second fc 5258 3034 6289 Kevin
    rare gba events-gen4&5events
    Event Shop
    update 1
    update 2
    update 3
    gen 7 events
    NOT LOOKING FOR ANYTHING BESIDES GEN 6 EVENTS WITH PROOF I ALSO DO NOT ACCEPT NEW EVENTS WITHOUT PROOF. IF YOU DON'T HAVE PROOF I WON'T TRADE. PROOF MUST BE VIDEO REDEMPTION OR FULL STEP BY STEP REDEMPTION PROCESS VIA PICS. NOT ACCEPTING ONLY WC PROOF. WILL IGNORE ALL NON PROOF OFFERS,SHINY OFFERS ETC

I traded a Male Cleffa I hatched with Metronome and Aromatherapy and got a female Dratini inside a Beast Ball
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

I started sun a while ago and now I have finished first island almost- found 1 percent Bagon at route 3 and managed to catch it with full hp and without status to ordinary poke ball. I also found shiny Grubbin after chaining them in sos-battle for hour and half.
    FC: 2766-9478-4272 Friend Safari: normal type Minccino, Dunsparce and Smeargle

Latest shiny via MM:

Last night, I went to the Pokemon League and battled the Elite Four. Overall, the battles weren't that difficult for me. The easiest were Hala and Kahili as I was able to sweep their teams using Ribombee and Ninetales respectively. The Kukui battle was probably the hardest, but it still wasn't that bad. The only really difficult thing about that battle was when he switched out Magnezone while against my Palossand and brought in Decidueye, which was a little annoying as I didn't really have a good switch-in at the time.

After clearing the league, I watched all the remaining cutscenes and credits. I also did the Tapu Koko battle with the intention of catching it since I fainted it during this fight on Moon, but my Primarina ended up OHKOing it lol.
    Once all of the post-League scenes were done, I decided to spend some time evolving Pokemon for my dex. I did some training at the Battle Buffet and was able to evolve things such as Rattata, Makuhita, and Diglett.
    ~ * * ~

- I picked up the Leech Life Tm as well next and then I prepared to face off against Kahuna Olivia. I decided not to use Torracat against her cuz I knew that Olivia used rock types.
    - I used Mareanie and Bewear to knock out Olivia's Nosepass, Lycanroc and Boldore and when I won, Olivia gave me the Rockium Z ha ha. I then went to find the Hano Grand Resort.
    - When I was finally at the Hano Grand Resort, area Faba explained about the Aether Foundation's artificial island in the sea and he took Hau and me to the Aether Paradise next. :3

I'm currently hatching for a shiny Litten. I'm hoping the shiny charm gives me some good luck. So far I'm only at 30 eggs. I'm also going to start doing the Battle Tree.

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast