Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,248 of 1248

Thread: Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Moon: Obtained the 4000 FC from the recent Global Mission, which was enough to get my Festival Plaza to rank 141, so that's cool I guess. Then I continued with the team planning and got all details done.

There was one Pokemon I had to obtain for the team through breeding. I withdrew a Gible from Bank and started breeding with it as a parent. I eventually hatched my target, a Gible with all the traits I wanted. This Gible, together with the Tapu Lele from my old team, as well as a Pheromosa and Celesteela, are going to be the members of my new team. I gave them nicknames and taught them some moves they had to learn through TM and move relearner, then I put them in Poke Pelago to start their EV-training. It should be done in 2 days from now.

Sun: Got the 4000 FC from the Global Mission here as well. My Festival Plaza got to rank 121. 20 levels lower than on Moon, that's interesting...

Then I have continued with the training. Mimikyu learned Shadow Claw along the way, otherwise nothing special happened regarding it. Magikarp evolved into Gyarados at level 20, it can now fight on its own. I taught it some TM moves that it needed, and it later learned Dragon Dance, completing its moveset. I got both of them to level 45 so there's not much left, both will be done tomorrow.

As for Kartana, I have trained it a bit as well. Decided to add a five-star Rare Kitchen to my Festival Plaza and use it for Kartana. Thanks to that and some regular battling, I have gotten Kartana to level 89, so it should be done tomorrow as well.
    ~~ ~~
    ~
    ~~ ~~

Today in Sun, I set out on a mini-quest of sorts to catch the remaining two Island Guardians and Necrozma. Before that, however, I set out to eat at the Battle Buffet in Hau'oli City, where I met the self-professed "Queen" of the Buffet. I ended up tying with her as to who came out the most satisfied from their meal. I then flew over to Hano Beach to carry out my Pyukumuku-chucking duties, and on to Heahea City, where I fought Morimoto at the Game Freak offices again. I got pretty lucky at the start, because Thessalon/Toucannon dodged his Kangaskhan's Fake Out, allowing him to take her down with just one Brick Break. The rest of the battle went pretty well, and I got double the prize money thanks to Thessalon carrying a Luck Incense.

Afterwards, I set out on the Legendary-catching expedition proper, first flying to Malie City to make my way down to Haina Desert with Mudsdale. Although I got a little bit lost in the twisty sandstorm, I did manage to find a Dream Eater TM - and the Ruins of Abundance, where I met Tapu Bulu, the Guardian of Ula'ula Island. His Grassy Surge ability helped my Lurantis, Fernie, a little by replenishing a bit of his health, but he did take quite a lot of Ultra Balls before finally joining my collection. Three down, one to go...

With Tapu Bulu caught, I flew to Poni Island and set out to the Ruins of Hope, meeting its Guardian Tapu Fini. Amazingly, she seemed very cooperative, as it only took one Quick Ball to catch her, much like Reshiram in my playthrough of Black. With that, I've now got all the Island Guardians registered in my Alola Pokédex!

On the final leg of my Legendary quest, I flew back to Melemele Island, going inside Ten Carat Hill. It was pretty tricky trying to find Necrozma, as he could have been hiding in any of the patches of grass dotted around the hollow, but along the way, I found another TM - Acrobatics. I eventually ran into Necrozma in the northwestern-most patch of grass, but I accidentally killed him the first time with my Incineroar/Quebec's Shadow Claw, so I had to reset and find him again. I kept Quebec out in the lead so Necrozma's very powerful Prismatic Laser couldn't hurt him, and I kept on throwing Dusk and Ultra Balls, but settled with a Timer Ball. I wonder what kind of role Necrozma has in those Solgaleo/Lunala fusions in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon...

To finish off, I evolved a few of the unevolved Pokémon who had been sitting in my Boxes to fill up my Pokédex further, namely Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena, Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o/Kommo-o, and Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt, then checked up on my Festival Plaza to raise it up a few ranks, talk to visitors to receive some FC, and build new shops.
    I love Canada now and forever.

As before, I spent a lot of time in Festival Plaza over the past couple of days. My plaza is now at Rank 54!

I've made some changes to my plaza, too. First, I renamed it (after my sister - she'll love that ) and changed its appearance to the Glitz Theme. Then, I've been working on adding new facilities to it. I managed to get a 5-star Rare Kitchen the other day, which should come in handy for levelling up Pokemon in the future once I re-earn my FC. Today, I got a Team Blue dye shop, which I was really glad to get since I've been wanting to put some nice blue clothes on my character. I dyed a pair of shoes, a shirt, and shorts and then changed into them.

Aside from that, I did a few things around Alola today. First, I EV trained my A. Sandslash and then fought the Elite Four a few more times, getting it to level 63 or so. Then, I went fishing on Poni Island for a little while. I managed to fish up a few Pearls (no bottlecaps, unfortunately). Finally, I went to Hano Beach and did the Pyukumuku chucking to earn some money.
    >>// \\<<

Today in Sun, I wanted to catch up on a couple of things I didn't do the day before. After eating at the Battle Buffet, chucking Pyukumuku off Hano Beach and winning against Morimoto at Game Freak in Heahea City, I went through the Diglett Tunnel to Konikoni City, where I ate up a meat Z-Set and received two Heart Scales from the waiter. But I thought that wasn't enough, so next up, I flew across to the next island to Malie City and headed to the sushi restaurant. I got the Ronin Z-Kaiseki set, when Kahuna Nanu came in and gave me eight Heart Scales. I went on a little detour to the Apparel Shop, where I changed my outfit into something a little more summery to celebrate the hot weather we've been having recently, replacing my Capri pants with cargo shorts while still keeping with the red colour scheme. I like to think that red is my in-game character Canada's favourite colour, since his namesake country's flag uses red greatly.

Afterwards, I flew to Poni Island to train up a few leftover Pokémon from my PC Boxes, namely Psyduck and Mudbray, helping them to gain enough EXP to evolve them into Golduck and Mudsdale and adding them to my Alola Pokédex. Once they'd evolved, I brought back my usual teammates and briefly checked out Festival Plaza, which I've now called Canadian Plaza thanks to raising my rank above 20.
    I love Canada now and forever.

Retrieved my 3 Eevee from the springs on Poke Pelago and evolved one of them into an Umbreon. Was playing in the evening, so going to have to wait to do Espeon.

Since I was at the Ranch, I thought it'd be a good time to finally breed the Worry Seed, Pranker, Timid Cottonee I'd transferred over from AS. And as Whimsicott's under 1m, will be handy for the upcoming battle competition too. In need of a priority Taunt user to shut down Trick Room teams. My teams tend to follow the strategy of hit hard and fast, so fall prey to them pretty easily.

Started by breeding with Ditto for a female Cottonee. Then bred that with an Encore Pikachu I had leftover from breeding my Raichu. As luck would have it, the Cottonee that resulted from that had pretty decent IVs, including max speed inherited from its Ditto grandmother. I'm not exactly making a push for VGC or anything, so don't tend to put too much effort into IVs.

Dropped Cottonee off at the gym on Poke Pelago to start its Spd training. On a bit of a time constraint with the competition starting next week, so stuck a few Poke Beans in the box to speed things along
    SUN

Moon: Continued with the EV-training, and it is now done. Gave Effort Ribbons to the three team members afterwards. Then I played with them in Refresh to max their affection. Now I can get started on the regular training, I need to get Gible to level 50, Pheromosa and Celesteela to level 100. It should hopefully not take too long to get them there but I'm not in a rush so it doesn't really matter.

Sun: Continued with the training here and completed it. Mimikyu learned Play Rough, completing its moveset. I got it and Gyarados to level 50, then they were done. I also tried to Mega Evolve Gyarados once just for fun, I already knew how awesome it is. As for Kartana, I let it gain 9 more levels through my Rare Kitchen, then I gave it two Rare Candies and it got to level 100. Once that was done, I Hyper Trained it, the stats it needed to max were HP and Defense. Not sure if it is going to matter, but better safe than sorry.

Afterwards, I gave the team their hold items and went to the Battle Tree. Had an ongoing streak of 3 on the Single line since before. I used my old in-game team for that when I first arrived at the Tree, had forgotten completely about that. Continued from there and won the remaining 17 battles. There weren't any really difficult ones, but some were a bit annoying. In the early battles, several opponents were using Yawn which was very annoying. Anyway, I got to Battle #20 and got to face Red. Won against him, which unlocked the Super Single battles. I also got the Kanto starter Mega stones from Red afterwards. Next up, I'm going to start on the Super Single line.
    ~~ ~~
    ~
    ~~ ~~

Sun: I got my Festival Plaza rank up to its max: 999! I have successfully hatched a shiny adamant Eevee after 238 eggs. I evolved it into Flareon and have already EV trained its Attack stat and raised it to level 100. It has also been hyper trained. I'm now trying to get a Modest shiny Eevee to evolve into Sylveon.

Moon: Still nothing new since my last post.

This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen of Alola.
    She's also a people person and loves to help out fellow
    Pokemon Sunsters and Moonsters. PM me if you need Dex entries
    or help evolving your Pokemon. I may be able to help.

Yesterday, I began breeding for a Minior. The Minior I put in the nursery already had 4 of the 5 perfect IVs I needed, so with my perfect Ditto as the other parent, I thought it wouldn't take me that long to hatch a perfect Minior. However, I ended up having a hard time hatching the Minior I wanted. I just could not get one with the right combination of 31 IVs. I even went back and re-checked my nursery Pokemon to make sure I had the right pair. Eventually, I got so frustrated that I stopped hatching eggs yesterday.

Today, I continued hatching eggs. After several more batches, the very last egg in my party hatched into a Minior with the right IVs. Finally.
    With that part complete, I flew to Seafolk Village. I went fishing there, finding several wild Pokemon to spread the Pokerus to my Minior. Also, I managed to find a couple of Bottle Caps.

Back in Festival Plaza, I reached Rank 68 tonight. I've been Wonder Trading my extra Minior as well as some other Pokemon, which has allowed me to get a few really useful Pokemon in return, like Regenerator Mareanie.
    >>// \\<<

So, eevee hatched along the beach in Hau'oli City. Harmony then evolved against a swimmer's Goldeen. Coral gained 7 levels because i tried to use her against the Goldeen first. Along the way i found that the Ten Carat Hill entrance needs Sharpedo. Gave Harmony the Normal Z Crystal now that i dont need to worry about Pick up. Went back to Route 1, until Coral reached level 9. Did the Machop trade once i made it over to Route 2. Dont need it, but the new Trainer ID might help at some point. ended up in another long SoS fight in Verdant Cavern with some zubat. Over on route 3 i looked for a Bagon for awhile with no luck. Had some trouble navigating Seaward Cave, but eventually made it to Kala'e Bay. Got a Pearl String at a fishing spot, along with the rest of the items. Managed to find and catch a Happiny on the way back through Route 1. Quick trip to Ten Carat Hill to catch a Rockruff for the guy in Routte 3.

Ended with the trip back to Heahea City.

Team
    Pebbles - Dartrix lvl 23
    Harmony - A. Persian lvl 22
    Denver - Rufflet lvl 22
    Coral - Mareanie lvl 18

Moon: Started on the regular training. I have been battling Morimoto and using my Rare Kitchen for Pheromosa and Celesteela, but it is going quite slowly at the moment since I only have one Rare Kitchen. Either way, I have gotten Pheromosa to level 89 and Celesteela to level 80. Both should be done in three days. Regarding Gible, it evolved into Gabite and learned Dragon Claw. It is currently at level 40. So there's not a whole lot left. I had been planning to take it slowly but it went fast anyway, Gabite grew a lot since I had it with me in my party while battling Morimoto. Though, training at high levels is really making me miss the epic training spots of Gen 5/6 once more... here's to hoping that US/UM will bring them back to life.

Sun: Started on the Super Single line. My first attempt didn't go very well as I lost in Battle #15. The recipe for my loss was misplay from my side, good moves from my opponents, bad matchups and a little bit of hax. Decided to try again and did so, won the first 30 battles this time around.
    ~~ ~~
    ~
    ~~ ~~

I just battled a trainer in festival plaza, my Legendaries team of Shiny Black Kyurem, Shiny Mega Rayquaza, Power Construct Zygarde, Necrozma, Solgaleo and Lunala against his team of Mega Scizor, Protean Greninja, Poison Heal Gliscor, Electivire, Gallade and Chandelure (all Shiny). His Greninja was wrecking house, knocking out Necrozma, Solgaleo, Zygarde and Kyurem, then Mega Rayquaza started knocking out his guys and giving me a chance, despite being badly poisoned by Gliscor in the process. Eventually it was down to my Lunala VS. his Chandelure. Stupidly he attacks with Energy Ball, doing minuscule damage, allowing me to use Never-Ending Nightmare to seal the comeback of a lifetime. ��

3DS friend code: 5155-3940-2343 (Name: Chad. Follow me on Facebook/Twitter!)

Over the weekend, I EV trained my Minior. Then, I fought Morimoto in Heahea City and several trainers at the Battle Buffet to get Minior to level 37. That's as far as I've trained it so far, but I'll level it up some more later.

Next, I spent some time on the Poni Coast breaking blocks with Tauros. I've been collecting items that can be found after smashing rocks so that I can sell them for a lot of money eventually. I have a ton of Stardust in my bag, but I've also found quite a few Star Pieces and Comet Shards.

In Festival Plaza, I couldn't do as many Wonder Trades or online missions as I wanted to since my internet decided to be spotty on Sunday/Monday. But, I was still able to get my plaza to Rank 82.
    >>// \\<<

Decided Alolan Marowak would be a good fit as a physical sweeper for my Tiny Tourney team, so went over to the Wela Volcano Park and caught myself a Cubone. Can't remember what nature off hand, but took one of my Synchro Abra to make sure it was the right one. Then took it back to the ranch and bred it with my Ditto to get it a perfect Atk IV. Thats about as far as I go with IV breeding!

Next up was Azumarill. This had the potential to be a little more complicated, since I needed it to have both Aqua Jet and Belly Drum, both of which are egg moves. Luckily, I already had a Aqua Jet Marill, with the nature I wanted, (again, can't remember off hand) and a Belly Drum Slowebro, so turned out to be a lot easier than I anticipated.

Sent both Marill and Cubone to the gym on Poke Pelago to EV train and level up.

Then realised I needed a Thick Club for Marowak to hold. Was pretty lucky to already have a Compound Eyes Butterfree and a Exeggutor with Frisk, so added them to my party and set off for the Wela Volcano Park again. Took a while to find a Cubone with a Thick Club, didn't help I kept having to switch out Exeggutor to re-activate Frisk, but got there in the end.
    SUN

Today, I spent some time in Festival Plaza as usual. I managed to reach Rank 87.

Outside the plaza, I flew to Hau'oli City and went to the expensive clothing store in the mall. There, I purchased the remaining shirts, shoes, and accessories they were selling. That cost me most of my money. There are still other items I need to buy from that store (some really, really expensive stuff), so I'll have to come back later once I've saved up.

I was able to make some money back, though, from selling all the valuable items I've been collecting from smashing rocks, Festival Plaza, and Poke Pelago. That gave me over 2 million Poke Dollars.
    After that, I smashed some more rocks with Tauros to begin collecting more valuable items. Finally, I picked some berries in Pelago and then saved. I didn't train my Minior at all today, but I'll probably do that next time.
    >>// \\<<

Moon: Continued with the training. Regular training got Gabite to level 50. No regular training but more Rare Kitchen meals got Pheromosa to level 98 and Celesteela to level 89. Don't have much left, should be done with this soon.

Sun: Continued at the Battle Tree. Managed to make it up to Battle #50 for another battle against Red. Sadly, I ended up losing against him. It was a pretty bad matchup from the start, and I made several bad decisions. I could have won if I had played differently... either from the beginning or during the last part of the battle. But it is too late to change that now. I feel like the same can be said about most of my losses.

Anyway, while I didn't beat Red, I did at least make it all the way up to him, and that shows that my team has potential. I just need to win against him as well next time. Hopefully my next streak will go better. I started on another streak and I have won the first 10 battles once more.
    ~~ ~~
    ~
    ~~ ~~

I've been busier than normal lately, what with MMing for a shiny HA Totodile, levelling up some of my spare Polkums, and evolving stuff for the Polkadecks, as well as working a bit on my Festivus Plaza (soooo many grievances!) and grinding a bit of everything in the Polka Pelaggio (yes, I know how to spell all these things, I'm just trying to be facetious.) I just finished evolving a HA Torchic, Foongus, and Treecko from my old Trade Shop, and yesterday I evolved a HA Froakie and Fletchling (did I mention how much the GW nerf SUCKS?!) I'm currently working on getting my HA Klink to fully evolve, but of course, Isle Evelup has to take all frakking day to gain 4 levels. I SHOULD grind out those 4 levels myself, but I'm a lazy tub of whale blubber.

Anyway, back to Ye Olde Grindstone. Cya in a few more years! :P
    "Blessed are the peacekeepers, champions of the just."

IGN: Alduin (X, OR), Lillith (Y, AS)
    NNID: ArceusKnight
    3DS FC: 0318-8048-1351

I have several HA Pokémon, shinies, and a handful of events for trade! Looking for anything to expand my collection! PM me if you're interested!

Well, I finally migrated the last of my pokemon from AS that I never brought up before. I mentioned briefly what were these pokemon in the ORAS Recent Happenings thread, they're high level pokemon that most of them were once breedjects i got off of WT, if not stuff i caught myself to raise myself, which I only did that to see if whether or not I liked the pokemon itself. This was back in my noob days, before I got into breeding.

Anyway, I was more excited than anything to see the IVs of the Pokemon I raised myself, and some of these were really good breedjects, including a 6IV Slurpuff. It was never marked, so I never knew (I guess I could've talked to the Gen 6 judge, but eh). Apparently a Lapras I obtained in SoulSilver's Safari Zone had 2 IV.... Okay then. That's pretty cool. These 2 were the only notable highlights, everyone else was either a 4-5IV breedject, or bred with egg moves but bad IVs, or freshly caught with IVs all over the place, or... I guess anything else.

Since some of the pokemon had good egg moves/IVs, I decided to keep the best ones in Moon, keep the meh pokemon in Bank, and WT the ones I just straight up don't want anymore. The only 2 that hold the latter honor were a Grumpig and an Emboar, which I have better Tepig for, and in other Pokeballs.

Now... how I am gonna handle all this?
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3

3 shiny hunted, 24 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

i forgot to sign up for the tiny tourney competition but remembered to do so yesteday and registered a team for the battles. for the past few days i did minimal activites limited to tending to the berry crops and kept up with the festival plaza activities. i did a few inverse missions and got my level from 401->402 and then got challenged to a single battle. i also got my 10 battles into the tiny tourney and got 3 good wins, my shiny Gastrodon put in some good work in these battles.

i took the battle not expecting a good/equal opponent team and saw no UBs, tapus or anything scummy . dont know they didnt had a Zmove but i led with Gliscor and got 2 sword dances on a shuckle lead. shuckle couldnt hurt Deathscythe (my Gliscor's nickname ) much and after a taunt +2 SD i used EQ to deal 2/3 damage. they rest was a cake walk with ice fang and EQ KOing their team. they could've used their Staraptor/Mawile (their mega) for the intimidate a bit better to knock down Gliscor's boosts but i still ended up with a +1 in attack. this was my first sweep in gen7 and with Gliscor. i think i got a near sweep in the past with Gliscor back in gen6. i got lucky in this battle as they had an ice and ground weakness. it was a memorable battle that was on even terms on both sides.
    Last edited by nel3; 23rd June 2017 at 8:21 AM.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

I trained my Minior some more today, mostly at the Pokemon League. I tried it in a couple of the Elite Four fights, though the results were mixed. Kahili's team was easy to deal with after Minior set up a Shell Smash on Crobat, but I quickly found discovered Minior was useless against Hala (yeah, sending my underlevelled Minior out in that fight was a terrible idea). After that, I went to Hau'oli and fought a few people at the Battle Buffet. In the end, I got Minior to level 52.

In Festival Plaza, I reached Rank 91! Getting close to that Rank 100 goal.
    >>// \\<<

i did something i rarely do in the tourneys, im actually trying to fight all the battles as possible and while im only getting 47% wins atm with a team of favorites (rather than recommended pkmn) im still getting some good battles. its letting my fav gimmicky pkmn have a good chance to embarrass other players' pkmn, i just OHKO'd a whiscash with a leaf blade from my Farfetch'd and my shiny Gastrodon is doing pretty well under the right situations. for a first gimmicky trick room team its doing better than i expected if i work around the major roadblocks.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Holy cats... I did it... I ACTUALLY did it...! I completed the Alolan Pokedex and got the Shiny Charm! I am beside myself right now, I can't believe I was actually bothered to undertake a quest like this! It's all because of that shiny Rowlet I accidentally soft-reset over at the very beginning of my adventure. I shall now quest to reclaim him, and with a proper nature this time, as well! Onward! To still greater glory!
    "Blessed are the peacekeepers, champions of the just."

IGN: Alduin (X, OR), Lillith (Y, AS)
    NNID: ArceusKnight
    3DS FC: 0318-8048-1351

I have several HA Pokémon, shinies, and a handful of events for trade! Looking for anything to expand my collection! PM me if you're interested!

i did atleast 20 tiny tourney battles today, im up to 39 battles or so with a mid 1300 1400 rank. i won 14 battles so far but they were just awesome for the team that i brought in. thye were all cute pkmn. im still bothered i didnt win the other battles but the wins i had were rather embarrassing for the opponent so my objective was clearly achieved . i had storm drain Gastrodon and regenerator Corsola and totally forgot i could spam scald and let Gastrodon get a stat boost. i have been relatively sucessfull in trick room to deal with Kartana and A marowak but i dont always win them.

i wonder if my last 6 battles will give me some good battle vids . i did lose some good battle vids in the pelago SM update but the tiny tourney has made up for them.
    Last edited by nel3; Today at 5:08 AM.

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

I turn on battle requests and now I'm just getting used as target practice by trainers with uber Pokémon, and I'm using a team of Legendaries! What garbage is this?!

3DS friend code: 5155-3940-2343 (Name: Chad. Follow me on Facebook/Twitter!)

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950