Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 1,001 to 1,023 of 1023

Thread: Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

I got my Festival Plaza rank up to 577, though I haven't redeemed my 4K FC yet. Will do that before the day is over. The hunt for Shiny Mimikyu is still ongoing. 301 eggs so far, but no luck still. The good news though is that my Pokemon Bank is filling up much faster. Hopefully the fact that I have hundreds of the same species of Pokemon going in there isn't an issue. I got my Focus Sash now. Now I'm wondering what I should save up for next. I now have plenty of berries to make the necessary blue clothing dyes. My character is going through a phase of wearing Beach Hats. She looks so feminine now.
    I may not care much for Amourshipping, but I do love Serena!

Credits go to NintendoFan82 for this banner.

I had my spring break last week, so I decided to spend my Thursday chaining for a 6IV Riolu. Didn't get one of those, but I did get a 4IV Shiny Riolu! Nature wasn't the best, but I'm still excited to use it.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Moon: Started another streak at the Battle Tree and won the first 10 battles once more. Also obtained 4000 FC for participating in the newest Global Mission. It got my Plaza up to rank 98 which is amazing. My goal is to get it to 100 so I am now very close to that.

Sun: Explored Konikoni City. Bought some new clothes at the clothing store yet again, still no cool hats though. But they did sell hair accessories at Olivia's stores. That's at least something so I bought one of them. I also bought the Fossils and revived them into Pokemon at the Fossil dude's future Dream Park on Route 8. Left Konokoni and went out to Route 9 again since Olivia wasn't home.

Explored Memorial Hill and Akala Outskirts. Met Plumeria for the first time and beat her in battle with ease. Then I got to Battle Olivia. Beat her as well, she was pretty easy. I used Dartrix and Wishiwashi as they have the advantage against her Pokemon. For beating her, I got the Rockium Z. Gave it to my Lycanroc since it is a Rock-type and really wants the Rock-type Z-move more than anything else. Decided to try one and it looks cool. With the Grand Trial complete, it was time to do other things.

Went back to Konikoni for one short thing, which was to battle Lana and her sisters. Then I went to the Hano Grand Resort, explored the beach area there, battled all trainers and picked up all items. Went into the hotel and met Faba who brought me and Hau to Aether Paradise. We were shown around there a little, I met Wicke and Lusamine as well as defeated the wicked monster that appeared from the dimensional rift. We left and arrived at Malie City.

Here, I battled Hau again and won with ease. Next up, I should go to the Malie Garden, but I'm going to do a few other things first. To start with, I bought some TMs at the Pokemon Center, taught some new moves to my team members. I also decided that Fletchinder won't be holding the Firium Z anymore for now since it is rather weak, I don't use Z-moves that much and I'd rather have a powerful Acrobatics. I'll give it the item back once it has learned a better Fire-type move... though will take a while before it happens. I also received the 4000 FC for participating in the Global Mission here as well, and I'm not sure how far my Festival Plaza will grow... will have to see. I believe it will have gotten quite far once it is done.

Team:
    - level 30
    - level 30
    - level 30
    - level 30
    - level 29

~~~~~~~

- So Nanu informed me about the Ultra Beasts and next I planned to visit the Melemele Meadow cuz Buzzwole was apparently there. I was surprised when I found two of them.
    - Once I had finished dealing with the Buzzwole at the meadow, I went to Route 2 again and Looker gave me more news of Ultra Beast sightings and I had to hunt down Xurkitree. :3
    - I was told that Xurkitree had been sighted at Akala island inside of Lush Jungle and I went to Route 8 again for a brief detour and got extra Beast balls, then I encountered Mina.

I got my Festival Plaza rank now to 600. I anticipate making it past 610 before the day is over because I got a "pretty good luck in Festival Plaza" fortune. The hunt for shiny Mimikyu is still ongoing. 381 eggs is the count so far. I did five rounds at the Battle Tree and won them all. I also did a few battles at the Battle Spot and won slightly more than I lost.

Finally completed my real life essay for university which meant I could wack on Sun. Decided to take on the battle tree and try and get back to 84 wins in doubles. Managed to find Anabel and recruit her, but not before listening to her theme. God, those trumpets are fantastic.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

I'm waiting until I'm unbanned from trading so I can continue hunting for every Gen VII/Alolan Pokémon.

3DS friend code: 5155-3940-2343 (Name: Chad. Follow me on Facebook/Twitter!)

Finished building my team for the upcoming Kanto x Alola regional competition. Going to be my first crack at competitive battling in Gen 7, so not hoping for many wins, but looking forward to using the new team. Just by chance a lot of the Pokemon I used in my Sun play through turned out to be viable this time round, so been able to carry on using a lot of my favourites.

Also transferred Flamer, my treasured Charizard from FireRed. He helped level up a few of my competitive Pokemon on Poni Island, and in my head-canon has been flying me around Alola. Realised he's over 12 years old now, which is scary, but also incredibly cool that Game Freak have made it possible to keep hold of a Pokemon so so long over the generations.
    SUN

- So I spoke with Mina now and she wanted to battle against me for some unknown reason hee hee. She used a team consisting of only fairy type Pokemon, which I quickly overcame.
    - When she had accepted defeat, I went on and caught Xurkitree at the Lush Jungle and then I went to find Looker and Anabel again. When I did, I was told to visit Ula'ula island. :3
    - Now on Ula'ula island, I visited Route 13's motel and Nanu showed up soon and gave me new details on the next Ultra Beast sighting. I also got ten more Beast balls from Looker ha ha.

I got my Festival Plaza rank now to 612. For today I have a "good luck in Festival Plaza" fortune, so my Plaza will grow fairly nicely today too. The hunt for shiny Mimikyu is over. I have it now. 401 eggs, male, adamant, and perfect IVs in everything except Special Defense. It's already been fully EV trained. Now I just need to raise it up to level 100 so that I can bottle cap it's missing IV. The new shiny hunt is Beldum. Currently at 9 eggs. I tried a Battle Royal at the Battle Spot and won (my girl beat all the boys ;D)

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    I got my Festival Plaza rank now to 612. For today I have a "good luck in Festival Plaza" fortune, so my Plaza will grow fairly nicely today too. The hunt for shiny Mimikyu is over. I have it now. 401 eggs, male, adamant, and perfect IVs in everything except Special Defense. It's already been fully EV trained. Now I just need to raise it up to level 100 so that I can bottle cap it's missing IV. The new shiny hunt is Beldum. Currently at 9 eggs. I tried a Battle Royal at the Battle Spot and won (my girl beat all the boys ;D)
    Oh best of luck with Beldum! Shiny's are hard enough as is, but Beldum's have a ridiculous egg cycle being a pseudo.

Anyway, now I want a shiny Steenee...just need to think of a fourth Egg Move for my Bounsweet (got Play Rough, Charm and Synthesis). Maybe Grass Whistle.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Moon: My attempts at the Battle Tree aren't going very well. Since my last post, I have tried again, and lost twice. First in battle #12 against an Aurorus and a Camerupt which I should have been able to beat if I had just played better. Then in Battle #10 against Dexio. With these results, I'm really starting to think that I should change my team. But I'll keep trying with my current setup for a little longer. Will make another try soon.

A more positive thing that happened here is that my Festival Plaza reached rank 100. Finally! Now I'm not going to focus on getting it any higher, though I will participate in more Global Missions so it will probably end up at a higher level in the future anyway.

Sun: Before starting on exploring Ula'ula, I went back to Akala to do a few small things there. I explored the Hotel at Gano Grand Resort, battled some trainers and obtained some items. Then I managed to get to battle Kiawe and beat him in battle as well. After that, I went back to Ula'ula. Entered Malie Garden and started exploring it, caught some Pokemon, met Professor Kukui. Left and explored Malie City, bought new clothes at the clothing store, met Samson Oak, Lillie and Hapu, went to the Library with Lillie. We read a bit about old legends of Alola and met Acerola. I don't remember meeting her this early in Moon, but I guess I did.

Left the library afterwards, time for other things. Went to the Northern Cape of Malie and explored it. Continued to Route 10 and explored the first part of it as well. Took the bus to the top with Professor Kukui. Explored the top part of the mountain as well. Had a battle with Molayne, decided to use my Fletchinder against him and won with ease, his Skarmory was complete setup bait. Entered the Observatory, it was time for the next Trial. I decided to use Lycanroc for it since it features Bug/Electric-types. The trial went very well, Lycanroc beat the Totem Vikavolt with a Continental Crush and an Accelerock, then it had no problem taking down the partner Charjabug with a Rock Slide, a move that it learned during that battle. For clearing this Trial, I got the Electrium Z from Sophocles and the Steelium Z from Molayne. Cool, though I'm not planning to use either of them for my team. Next up, I was told to go back to Malie Garden and deliver a Mask to Professor K., but I'll wait with that, decided to stop here for now.

My Festival Plaza also finished ranking up after all the FC I got, it ended up at Rank 48. I continued a little after that and got it to rank 50. So that means I am halfway to my goal on this game, that's really good. Hoping there will be more successful Global Missions in the future.

Team:
    - level 33
    - level 33
    - level 34
    - level 33
    - level 33

~~~~~~~

- So after Looker had replenished my stock of Beast balls at Route 13, he explained why Anabel had been acting so strangely. Apparently she had fallen from an Ultra Wormhole herself.
    - I found out that people like Anabel were used by the International Police to lure Ultra Beasts for capture and study, then I moved on to catch Kartana and then went to Seafolk Village.
    - I visited the Floating Restaurant and my next target was Guzzlord, but first I had to meet Nanu again and I battled his dark types. When he had lost, I quickly visited Resolution Cave.

I got my Festival Plaza rank now to 623. My FC stash is back over 20K again after recently dumping 17K in preparing my first ever Battle Team. I just hatched a Shiny Female Froakie with Protean!
    I'm rapidly approaching 2,000 Pokemon in my Poke-Bank thanks to actively MMing for Shinies.

Moon: Started another streak at the Battle Tree and won the first 10 battles.

Sun: Went to Malie Garden, where I met Guzma for the first time. Battled him and won. During that battle, my Dartrix evolved into Decidueye and learned Spirit Shackle! I also got the Decidium Z from the Professor afterwards, so that's really cool. Gave it to Decidueye, will let it hold it for the rest of the main story. Tried both Spirit Shackle and a Sinister Arrow Raid, both are awesome moves. Left the Garden and headed down to Route 11, explored it.

Continued to Route 12 where I met Hapu again and gained the ability to use Mudsdale on the Poke Rider, which I needed to get past the rocky parts of the route. Explored Route 12 and the Power Plant. Caught a lot of Pokemon here, found several items and battled all trainers. Along the way, my Fletchinder reached level 35 and evolved into Talonflame! So awesome! It means that all of my current team members are fully evolved. And I will be getting my last team member quite soon too. Left Route 12, explored the Secluded Shore and Route 13, couldn't enter the desert yet though. Arrived at the Tapu Village, was told to go to the Aether House to find the Captain for the next Trial. Decided to stop here for now, will continue later.

Team:
    - level 35
    - level 35
    - level 35
    - level 35
    - level 36

~~~~~~~

- I encountered Guzzlord at Resolution Cave and caught it in a Beast ball. I now had all the available Ultra Beasts from Sun version ha ha and went to find Looker to speak to him. ^^
    - I saw Looker back at the Floating Restaurant and then I was asked to visit the Aether Paradise's Secret Lab B and I spoke with Wicke there also. I was given some reward money.
    - Looker now claimed to have seen another Ultra Beast or something like it at Ten Carat Hill on Melemele island, which I assumed was actually the legendary Pokemon Necrozma ha ha.

Today, I completed my Tapu collection by going to the Ruins of Hope to catch Tapu Fini. This one was probably the most difficult of the Tapu Pokemon for me. The biggest problem was Aqua Ring, tbh, which I was not prepared for since I didn't know it had it (for some reason, I thought Tapu Fini was part Ghost not Water lol). I had to re-weaken it a little once it regained too much HP and I ended up KOing it a few times because of that.

After some number of soft resets, I caught a Tapu Fini with the right Nature and good IVs. Then, I flew to Heahea City and went to the Game Freak office. My individual island dexes were now considered complete, so I was able to get four new stamps on my passport.
    ~ * * ~

Moon: Won 10 more battles at the Battle Tree.

Sun: Explored more of the Tapu Village and caught a bunch of wild Pokemon. Went to the Aether House, met Hau and Acerola. Saved Lillie from a Team Skull Grunt outside. Then it was time for my next Trial. Went to the abandoned warehouse and got started. Beat the regular ghosts with ease, but the Totem Mimikyu was harder. I had planned a special strategy against it, but it didn't really work as I had hoped. Fortunately, Lycanroc was able to land the final hits and beat it as well as its ally Haunter. I think Lycanroc is the best member of my team right now, it has been very useful at many occasions. For clearing the Trial, I got the Ghostium Z from Acerola. Another Z-Crystal I won't use, but always good to have.

Decided to go back to the Warehouse to catch some Pokemon. I had expected to catch Haunter, Golbat and maybe Klefki, but the very first Pokemon I ran into upon entering was a Mimikyu. What are the odds? Quite low, I would guess. Caught it as well as Haunter, Klefki and Golbat, then I left. Traded my Haunter for a Graveler with a man in the Pokemon Center, got both Graveler and Golem added to my dex that way. Now that I had cleared the Trial, I could enter Haina Desert. Did so and managed to catch my final team member there, a Sandile!

Decided to train Sandile for a while before I continued with the story. It quickly evolved into Krokorok, I also played with it in Refresh until it had 4 hearts like the rest of the team (Sandile was surprisingly cute in Refresh). Trained it against wild Pokemon as well as the Nugget Bridge in Malie Garden, wanted to get it done and this was a good opportunity. I also explored a bit more of Haina Desert, though not all of it, will save that for later. I managed to find the Psychium Z in the desert, one of the "hidden" Z-Crystals and yet another one I won't use, but I really wanted to find it anyway.

Once Krokorok had reached the same level as the rest of my team, I felt that it was enough so I continued with the story. Went back to the Aether House, met Team Skull again and got to battle Plumeria. I won and they left, but I learned that they had stolen a Yungoos from one of the kids, and I have to go to their base and get it back all alone. So I suppose that is what I will be doing next.

Team:
    - level 37
    - level 37
    - level 37
    - level 37
    - level 37
    - level 37

~~~~~~~

I got my Festival Plaza rank up to 632 now. For the sixth day in a row, I got a fortune that grants me luck in Festival Plaza. I'm almost done raising my shiny Mimikyu to show off at the Battle Spot. I'm also working with my shiny Greninja. I'm now MMing for shiny Rowlet for St. Patrick's Day. Currently at 75 eggs. I've been taking a lot of pictures with my Poke-finder and scanning lots of QR codes.

Moon: Won 10 more battles at the Battle Tree.

Sun: Started exploring Route 15. Met Grimsley and got the ability to surf on Sharpedo from him. Explored all of Route 15 and arrived at Route 16. Found Sina and Dexio's little base, learned a bit more about Zygarde and used the device there to create a Doge Forme Zygarde, which I put in a box. Explored all of Route 16, including the Ula'ula Meadow and the Lake of the Moone which was currently very empty. Arrived at Route 17 and started exploring it as well.

Team:
    - level 39
    - level 39
    - level 39
    - level 39
    - level 39
    - level 39

~~~~~~~

Tonight, I went to get Cosmog. I put my Solgaleo in my party and returned to the Altar of the Sunne, where I took the wormhole to the Altar of the Moone. Before, I was only vaguely aware of the whole switching to the alternate world thing, so it was pretty cool to finally actually do it.

Anyway, I then went to the Lake of the Sunne to get my Cosmog. I was planning on soft resetting for Nature/IVs if necessary, but fortunately I didn't have to do that as the very first Cosmog I got had the right Nature and IVs. I'm going to EV train it before I evolve it into Cosmoem and then into another Solgaleo.

After that, I returned to the Altar of the Moone and went back through the wormhole to get everything back to normal. Then, I just spent a few minutes checking my Poke Pelago. I picked some berries, planted more, and then got some more treasures.
    ~ * * ~

Moon: Continued at the Battle Tree, but I ended up losing in battle #38 against a Mega Audino of all things. Not only is it one of the cutest Megas, it can apparently be really dangerous too. Anyway, it is time to face reality. My team sucks and I need to change it. With all these losses, I don't think I'll ever make it to battle #50 with this team. It needs to be changed. Or at least parts of it. Salamence can stay, but Greninja and Ferrothorn will have to go. I know exactly which Pokemon I will use instead, and looking back, I should have used them from the beginning. I have already planned the full details for the two new Pokemon I am going to use, now I just need to obtain them as well. Going to do a few preparations later today, then I might get started on the breeding as well if I have time.

Sun: Explored the rest of Route 17, then I arrived at Po Town. Started exploring it as well, met a lot of Team Skull Grunts here. Arrived at the Shady House and started exploring it, found the passwords and unlocked the way to Mr. Guzma. Left for a short while to train my team so they were all at level 40. While doing this, my Krokorok evolved into Krookodile! This means all members of my team now are fully evolved, which is great.

Went back to Po Town and the Shady House. Time for another battle with Guzma. Since he is a Bug-type user, I used Lycanroc and Talonflame against him. Managed to beat him with ease. He left with some of his grunts, and I stole a Buginium Z from his stash afterwards. Gave it to my Ribombee which means that it now has a very powerful Bug-type Z-move. Left the house, met Nanu and Acerola outside. Went back to the Aether House with Acerola, we learned what had happened to Lillie and Nebby while we were gone. Gladion appeared and challenged me to a battle, I won without major difficulties. He told me to go to the Malie Harbor, so there we went. I got an offer of battling Nanu, but decided to wait with that for a little while. Instead, I played with my team in Refresh until all of them had 5 hearts, so that is now done. And that's it for today.

Team:
    - level 40
    - level 40
    - level 40
    - level 40
    - level 40
    - level 40

~~~~~~~

- Ok so with the Ultra Beasts now accounted for, I focused on taking care of some minor things in Sun version, like transferring the Ash-Greninja from the demo into my game next. :]
    - When I had finished the transfer, I went and tried Greninja out and then I did a trade with someone who had a spare Magearna and I got my hands on it. I then visited Ten Carat Hill.
    - I explored the depths of Ten Carat Hill until I had found the spot where Necrozma was residing. I caught Necrozma and I went to Melemele island now and I did some tedious errands.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041