Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Caught a Pichu to join my Rowlet and Pikipek. Might keep it on my team for the rest of the game as I really like Alola Raichu and my sister would really appreciate me using her favourite Pokemon. :D

I spent most of my time since my last post going through the Trainers' School and exploring Hau'oli City. The battle with Magnemite at the school was pretty annoying for me as I didn't have any moves that were good against Steel (fortunately, Pikipek has learned Rock Smash since then). I had to use so many Potions to win that one lol. The Team Skull Grunt I battled in the city was pretty easy, though.

Right now, I'm about to start the first trial. I've caught several more Pokemon since Pichu, including Grimer, Meowth, and Yungoos. I've mostly been using Rowlet/Pichu/Pikipek/Grimer in battle and got Pikipek to evolve into Trumbeak.
    >>// \\<<

Am still soft reseting both sun and moon for a shiny popplio! So have 2 3DS in action right now.

NO gameplay yet just 10 plus hours in between other things soft reseting. Hoping I get lucky sometime soon as I really want to start one of the games with shiny Popplio the other with Rowlett! Started soft resetting for both then realised I may have more luck soft resetting both for popplio! So far no luck! Don't care if its male or female or what nature I just love popplio and want to do a shiny playthrough where the pokemon I use are all shiny and then can go back for others once I unlock the shiny charm/. See how it goes.

Right now though luck is not on my side! But I can't give up as I want Shiny Popplio so bad! Prefer it to how the normal popplio looks

I ended up making quite a bit of progress today as I'm on what i can only assume is the final stretch as i make my way through the Vast Poni Canyon. I ended up ditching my Meganium after it evolved because really it could only do one thing and it wasn't that great at it. To think i spent more then half the game with only 1 gen VII pokemon, 2 Gen 2's and a Gen 1.

Anyway just caught a Hakamo-o in the Vast Poni Canyon which evolved with a single rare candy into Kommo-o. Just early i caught a Gastrodon as i really needed some electricity Immunity. I did catch a Mimikyu as soon as it became available. Plus Magneton evolved into Magnezone once i reached the Vast Poni Canyon. Finally Crobat is still awesome as it Primarina.

I have to say catching Mimikyu and Hakamo-o were both absolute chores. Probably a good 30 minutes to encounter Mimikyu and over an hour before Jangmo-o appeared which i stalled with its perfect counter Mimikyu until it called a Hakamo-o. I had about 4 more Hakamo-o's called in during the fight before i gave in and just caught the last one i left standing.

So to finish it off the newly caught Kommo-o is level 45. Crobat level 48. Gastrodon level 48. Magnezone level 48. Primarina level 49. Mimikyu level 49. Mimikyu is easily one of the best pokemon ever.
    Shiny Count (From Gen 3 - 7)

Sharpedo (2003) - Caught as a Carnavana in Sapphire
    Machamp (2010) - As a Macoke in Platinum
    Ivysaur #1 - Gothorita - Quilladin - Magneton - Ivysaur #2 - Kakuna (2012-13) - friend safari
    Omanyte (2014) - Hatched thanks to the will of Lord Helix during TPP.
    Charmander (2017) - Hatched in Gen 7 will be a perfect Charizard-Y thanks to bottlecaps
    Elygem - Pelipper (2017) - Sneaking in Alpha Sapphire.
    NidoranM - Horde Encounter (2017)

Since the last time I posted I did the Fire and Grass trial. The Fire Trial was easy because I picked Popplio as my starter, but the Grass one was unexpectedly difficult. I wasn't expecting a Lurantis to be so tough. Thank goodness for Baby Doll Eyes on my Sylveon, or I would have just kept getting KOed. Now I'm off to challenge Olivia. I also caught Morelull and Comfey to grow my Mono-Fairy team!

Team

Ariel the male Brionne
    Sylvia the female Sylveon
    Champignon the female Morelull
    Leia the female Comfey
    Lacey the female Cutiefly
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 19th November 2016 at 2:14 PM.

I look like someone else, but I'm just me.
    With you standing by my side, I won't be lonely.
    I look like someone else, but I'm just me!
    My name is Mimikyu, don't call me spooky!
    3DS Friend Code, Nintendo Network ID, and Switch FC

Ok, here is what I have done in the past approximate 22 hours.
    I went between classes and got both Sun and Moon around 10:30 AM. After my afternoon classes, I spent the next nearly 12 hours playing Sun. (I went to sleep at about 4 AM this morning.)

I am currently in the Ultra Space. I just beat the totem-upgraded Lusamine team. Here is my current team:
    Decidueye lvl 50
    Vikavolt lvl 45
    Mudsdale lvl 45
    Salazzle lvl 47
    Mimikyu lvl 47
    Kommo-o lvl 47

I plan on spending the Thanksgiving Break playing some more. I have a car ride today, so I will probably play during that as well.
    Just obtained a New 3DS: New Friend Code: 2423-5573-9673
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

National Pokedex complete - Gen V / XY / ORAS / SM
    Shiny Count: 250+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Caught a Crabrawler on Route 2 and decided to add it to my team. Immediately after the capture I began my first island trial which was easy thanks to Crabrawler and a TM you get during the challenge. After successfully completing the challenge I explored Route 3 where Litten sadly evolved (I don't like Torracat very much) before heading back to Iki Town and completing my first Grand Trial with relative ease. Before leaving Melemele Island I explored it over once more and grabbed a few mediocre TM's and caught some new Pokemon before heading to the Marina. Grubbin is really struggling at the moment.

Lv17
    L15
    Lv17

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerdude View Post
    Caught a Crabrawler on Route 2 and decided to add it to my team. Immediately after the capture I began my first island trial which was easy thanks to Crabrawler and a TM you get during the challenge. After successfully completing the challenge I explored Route 3 where Litten sadly evolved (I don't like Torracat very much) before heading back to Iki Town and completing my first Grand Trial with relative ease. Before leaving Melemele Island I explored it over once more and grabbed a few mediocre TM's and caught some new Pokemon before heading to the Marina. Grubbin is really struggling at the moment.

Lv17
    L15
    Lv17
    My Grubbin is level 15 too and yeah he's starting to fall behind as well. Brionne is level 17 and so is my Growlithe.

Anyways, I got rekt by the kahuna's Mankey first go-around. Did something dumb and used Mud-Slap on it, triggering Anger Point. It then proceeded to sweep my entire team with critical hit Karate Chops after using Focus Energy. Rematched him and won pretty easily. The AI is still really dumb in this game. His Makuhita kept using nothing but Sand Attack while my Brionne was using Disarming Voice.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Dallas Cowboys | Memphis Grizzlies

Currently on the Grass trial!

Team

Growlithe ♂ (in training)
    Level 23
    - Bite
    - Roar
    - Flame Wheel
    - Reversal

Slowpoke ♂
    Level 27
    - Confusion
    - Yawn
    - Headbutt
    - Water Gun

Magnemite
    Level 27
    - Thunder Wave
    - Light Screen
    - Spark
    - Mirror Shot

Sylveon ♀
    Level 27
    - Draining Kiss
    - Quick Attack
    - Swift
    - Fairy Wind

Hariyama ♀
    Level 28
    - Knock Off
    - Belly Drum
    - Rock Tomb
    - Brick Break

Dartrix ♀
    Level 29
    - Astonish
    - Razor Leaf
    - Synthesis
    - Pluck

I tried to use the newer Pokémon, but they didn't quite work well enough with this team. I'm still going to catch them, of course!

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

So far Moon is way tougher than XY, wow!

Currently I'm on Route 8, and I just caught a Stufful to add to my ever-growing party. I managed to clear the first several trials, defeat Hala, and make my way through much of the second Island, but not without some tough times along the road. So far, I've lost the initial battle against Ilima; an NPC battle against Mistress Elizabeth and her Carbink; the battle against Sina, courtesty of her scoring a critical hit against my Trumbeak; and my first attempt at Kiawe's trial, as Salazzle knocked out my Dewpider faster than I'd expected. I evolved Dewpider to deal with Totem Salazzle, and as expected the boosts from evolution were enough to make the battle a lot more manageable.

Current team:

Stufful, Lv. 19
    Charjabug, Lv. 21
    Bouncee (Steenee), Lv. 22
    Trumbeak, Lv. 23
    Araquanid, Lv. 23

Water Bubble Araquanid has been a huge asset so far, but even what is essentially a 3x multiplier on Water-type moves isn't a gamebreaker, and I love that. It's been legitimately challenging so far. I currently plan to do some training until my team ranges from Lv. 23 to Lv. 27 or so; I might bump Trumbeak up one more in order to evolve it. I might use Mallow's trial to achieve that instead of training up before the trial, just because I know it won't be that difficult (I've got two Bug-types and a Flying-type that also knows Flame Charge). Basically, my main concern now is determining a finalized team lineup - there's more than one other Pokemon I want to use, and I have to be sure to not overuse any particular type or exploit any one weakness (I'm already anxious about using two Bugs and a Grass).

Tempted to just make a team of six different colors of Minior, because YES. <3
    ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

So I bought both Sun and Moon, but chose to "main" Sun.

When I first picked my Rowlet, I expected to have to soft reset for a decent nature. However, imagine my surprise when the very first nature I got was Adamant! As a result, I deemed this run to be blessed.

This proved to be true, as a mere 3 hours into the game, I encountered the unthinkable; a Shiny! Mind you, it was just an Alolan Rattata, but bricks were shat. Things have been a little more modest since then, but otherwise, I'm having fun. Currently at the Ranch, trying to catch a Miltank.

Current Team:
    Dartrix - Level 24
    Snorlax - Level 20
    Growlithe - Level 20
    Magnemite - Level 21
    Slowpoke - Level 21
    Rockruff - Level 18
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

Beat Olivia, did the Ultra Beast event, made it to the next island, and did the electric trial. It's a good thing Baby Doll eyes has priority, or I'd never beat some of these Pokemon. I caught an Igglybuff, but decided to box it. She wasn't really doing much damage. Some Pokemon also evolved.

Current Team

Ariel the male Brionne
    Sylvia the female Sylveon
    Champignon the female Shiinotic
    Leia the female Comfey
    Lacey the female Ribombee

I look like someone else, but I'm just me.
    With you standing by my side, I won't be lonely.
    I look like someone else, but I'm just me!
    My name is Mimikyu, don't call me spooky!
    3DS Friend Code, Nintendo Network ID, and Switch FC

Just got to the second island and got a pair of glasses!�� I was happy this game included them for once. I was disappointed when the first island didn't have them
    My team:
    Whisper:Shadow:Ash:Even:Leafeon(couldn't find icon.)
    Vee: Sylveon

[SPOILER][/SPOILER]
    I shall henceforth extend my apologies for my verboseness on this forum.

A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome to Night Vale.

RIP hyrim mcdaniels' violet head.

Bonnie is the real hero on xyz

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    So I bought both Sun and Moon, but chose to "main" Sun.

When I first picked my Rowlet, I expected to have to soft reset for a decent nature. However, imagine my surprise when the very first nature I got was Adamant! As a result, I deemed this run to be blessed.

This proved to be true, as a mere 3 hours into the game, I encountered the unthinkable; a Shiny! Mind you, it was just an Alolan Rattata, but bricks were shat. Things have been a little more modest since then, but otherwise, I'm having fun. Currently at the Ranch, trying to catch a Miltank.

Current Team:
    Dartrix - Level 24
    Snorlax - Level 20
    Growlithe - Level 20
    Magnemite - Level 21
    Slowpoke - Level 21
    Rockruff - Level 18
    You are so lucky. I chose popplio and his nature is jolly which is minus sp attack DX. Oh well ive never been lucky with natures. D=

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I'm disappointed how few people are posting in this thread. I guess everyone is too busy playing the game.

After arriving on the second island I got the Zyguarde Cube thing and also caught some new Pokemon on Route 4. On Route 5 I captured a Fomantis for my team which surprised me as I didn't expect to catch it so soon. After the capture I began the second trial where Grubbin finally evolved into Charjabug. Fomantis and Charjabug led the way in another easy trial. I stopped playing in front of the gates of the 3rd trial which I am actually dreading because my team doesn't do well against that type and I'm too stubborn to go catch something that is supereffective to help me. Also my first encounter in this area was a female Salandit. Probably won't be so lucky on a runthrough where I intend on using it.

Lv21
    Lv22
    Lv22
    Lv21

Recently battled an Ace Trainer who I had an unusually long fight with since they had a Red Card.
    Currently chaining bagons for either a shiny or Salamence.

Current Team:
    Lit - Torracat lv 18
    Button - Butterfree lv 17
    Nekomamushi - Munchlax lv 16
    Chiko - Bayleef lv 16
    Pokedex: 721/721
    FC: 2122-8802-5147
    Goal: Completing Alola Dex

Mini rant that is part of recently happened: Met female Salandit RIGHT away. Went "Okay, Munchlax can use Hold Back and keep it alive." Accidentally hit Metronome and what do you know? Metronome summoned a super effective move for bloody once and one shot Salandit. Spent a good 30 minutes looking for another female. I really dislike gender exclusive evolutions, only went looking for one cause I'll need Salazzle(?) to complete the Alola dex

Anyways, I beat Lana's trial after some time of constantly resetting to not accept the lose. Then moved on after finding out Wimpod aren't in that cave at all, not even fishing. I then entered the Battle Royale and..... lost? IDK, they ganged up on me when I attacked Null first so I attacked Dartrix next hoping to one shot him but he survived just barely and Null finished him off right after.
    We then ventured off to the volcano after Kiawe invited me to do his trial. And caught a Cubone in preparation for Alolan Marowak as Mimikyu is taking too long to appear to be my Ghost.

Team:
    Torracat
    Trumbeak
    Charjabug
    Cubone
    Munchlax
    Egg
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Finished the league with Primarina, Crobat, Magnezone, Gastrodone, Kommo-o and Mimikyu. Everyone besides Magnezone and Primarina were absolutely useless against the newly formed elite 4. Like Magnezone pretty much solo'd everything. Holy **** the ending cut scene never seems to end either. Going to go do my QR codes for the day then catch a Ditto and start breeding starters and Mimikyu's to send over wondertrade.
    Shiny Count (From Gen 3 - 7)

Sharpedo (2003) - Caught as a Carnavana in Sapphire
    Machamp (2010) - As a Macoke in Platinum
    Ivysaur #1 - Gothorita - Quilladin - Magneton - Ivysaur #2 - Kakuna (2012-13) - friend safari
    Omanyte (2014) - Hatched thanks to the will of Lord Helix during TPP.
    Charmander (2017) - Hatched in Gen 7 will be a perfect Charizard-Y thanks to bottlecaps
    Elygem - Pelipper (2017) - Sneaking in Alpha Sapphire.
    NidoranM - Horde Encounter (2017)

I downloaded Moon from the eShop midnight last night but I wasn't able to start playing until today. I picked the female trainer and also chose Popplio as my starter before defeating Hau.

Right now, I'm doing a little bit of training before taking on my first trial.

Current Team

Ariel, the Popplio
    Pickles, the Pikipek
    Gabriel, the Gastly
    Anchorman, the Gastly
    Georgie, the Meowth
    Pancake, the Pichu

Come participate in the Shippers Secret Santa! It’ll be so much fun, I promise.

Twitter | Snapchat | Facebook

I beat the first trial. After that I caught a diglett. I also found Lilly after catching a crabrawler. I really hate that thing, it has such a dumb looking smile XP. Next I beat the grand trial. My cutiefly I'm not using on my team killed the makuhita mainly because all it used was sand attack and arm thrust XD.doing that caused Jonathan to evolve into brionne which I think is adorable ^^ Next I finally caught a female rockruff after catching a machop, roggenrolla, carbink, and spinda. I named my little girl Iwanu. A play on rock and dog in japanese =) then I made my way to the next island. Current team:
    Jonathan the brionne lv 17
    Kuwagata the grubbin lv 17
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 12
    Last edited by Nibbles4Ever; 7th March 2017 at 5:03 AM.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

got moon for me and sun for my dad,
    i chose rowlette, i named it Swoop! he chose popillio and gave it a strange an complex name that sounds like a codee.

swoop is naiive in nature and he is my little fluffly ball of danger and cuteness. we crushed Hau and his infant poplio
    along our journey, we met an alolan grimer, I have a Muk for compettitive in XY named jelly jam, so ince this grimer is green i named it mouldy jam!
    i also caught a yungoose, named him timone but i am going to change his name to Uncle max.

i came across a cutie fly, it tried to call for help but none came, i name it Tosin because it is male, like my friend tosin who always jokes about being a lone wold, forgotten by its crew

also

i got 2 Z crystals now!
    normal and fighting, i fell asleep today as i was getting on the boat to alakka island so more on that later!

we travelled a bit more
    New games, new me new sig!

TRINITY LEAUGE BADGES

After helping Lillie get her friend back in Melemele Medow on route 3, I stayed behind to catch some of the local pokemon. I also got some good pictures in that area using the Poke Finder camera! Anywho, I remembered I had a nifty new rideable Tauros Mount, it can smash through some rocks blocking my way no problem! I used him to access some blocked areas as well as Ten Carat Hill, where I smashed my way through to catch some new things I haven't seen before. Though there was this really big rock in the way that even Tauros couldn't move, so I left it alone...With that over with, I beelined it to Hau'oli City's Marina and took a ride on the Professor's boat to the next island, Akala!

Right away upon making landfall, we were greeted by the Island's Kahuna herself, along with one of the Captains. I plan to show them what I got soon enough! Hau went and did his thing and Lillie went to the huge hotel, so I did a little exploring in Hauhau City. I met this strange duo from Kalos who, after a battle with one of them, gave be a strange item called a Zygarde Cube. So parts of Zygarde are scattered about everywhere?!? I'll make sure to gather any I come by! The duo left, so I went to see what Route 4 had to offer.

Route 4 had a bunch of items, pokemon, and Trainers to trounce. I came across another pokemon to add to my ever-growing crew, before I knew it I was in Paniola town. Hau was there and challenged me to a "Showdown". His friends are getting stronger, but I still come out on top! He went ahead and I stopped by Paniola Ranch. I met Mallow again, one of the Captains there, as well as a particularly rowdy Tauros. It was a piece of work that took both a battle from me and a scolding from a Miltank to calm down! It did eventually, and I was rewarded with a new Rider pokemon. It's a Stoutland that can track and find hidden objects, that's going to be mighty useful!

I stuck around near the ranch to do some training there, after which I moved on to Route 5. It's alot bigger than the other routes, I can't even explore it all right now. I did what I could but eventually encountered Hau who recently got beaten by this mean-looking dude named Gladion. Seems like he associates with Team Skull! I ended up battling him and this mysterious pokemon of his, it was nothing like i've ever seen! After beating him he mentioned something about getting stronger, but then some Team Skull grunts came by for more trouble! But they were stopped and they, as well as that Gladion dude, left...Whew! I needed a stop at the Pokemon Center after that.

With my partners refreshed, I went into Brooklet Hill, where the next trial was supposedly held. I was greeted by this girl named Lana who immediately asked for my help. Of course I couldn't say no to someone in need so followed her. A few run ins with some pokemon later, I met Lana at a lakeside where there was wildly flowing water she needed me to investigate. I was given yet another Rider pokemon to do just that: A Lapras to swim across water with! With my new mount I checked the waters, it was some pokemon of course. But something tells me there was more to this than the girl was letting on...

I passed by a gate and Lana was already there somehow. She revealed to me that she was indeed a Trial Captain, and I walked right into her trial! I was to defeat whatever pokemon that was causing such a ruckus. I took the swim and inspected the raging waters...thunder rumbled and What was lurking was not just any pokemon, it was the Totem! And yikes what a Totem it was! Me and my pokemon took it and its underlings on. It actually wasn't easy...If it weren't for the help of my Brionne and the rest, I don't think I could have pulled through...We eventually wore it down and it lost its daunting power, which let me finish it off.

After the battle the storm calmed and Lana congratulated me for clearing the Trial(Even if she did take me for a ride...). She awarded me with another Z-Crystal, as well as the Z-Move to go with it. That makes 3! With that I returned to the pokemon Center to restore my crew back into shape. Now it's onward to Route 6 it seems...

Oh yeah, I might as well show my team while i'm at it:

Dizzy the Brionne Lv 24
    Ballistia the Trumbeak Lv21
    Meowth, not named Lv 19
    Parisprite the Cutiefly Lv 21
    D. Hoof Jack the Mudbray Lv 20
    Flaredo the Growlithe Lv 20
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

No matter how many days/months/years pass, i'll always be that kid at heart...
    My ASB Profile

Today I:

-Defeated Ilima's trial and Hala's Grand Trial, making my way to Akala
    -Defeated Lana's, Mallow's (that Totem Lurantis was hard), and Kiawe's trial, and Olivia's Grand Trial (took an Ash-Greninja, tho), making my way to the Aether Foundation
    -Did stuff there, then made my way to Ula'ula
    -Defeated Sophocles' Trials
    -Now at Blush Mountain to catch a male Togedemaru for breeding purposes

As for Pokémon (or my permanent team members, at least):

-Evolved Blaze (Litten) into Toracat and then Incineroar
    -Caught a yellow core Minior, named Hokulele
    -Caught Wimpod, named it Beastly, evolved into Goliospod

So, current team:

Blaze the Incineroar
    Beastly the Goliospod
    A-Raichu
    Hokulele the Minior
    Snorlax
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

The Hype Train has left Alola for its next destination: Alola (again)!

I got my copy of Sun today. I chose Rowlet as my starter. I caught like 8 different Pokemon and trained up several of them so I could progress through the first part of the game with ease. There were a couple of times when I found it more difficult to battle wild Pokemon than it was to battle trainers. After over 4 hours, I'm finally in Hai'ole City or however you say it and I can't wait to go wild with the trainer customization feature.
    This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen
    of Alola. She's also a people person and loves helping
    out other Pokemon Sun and Moon players.

If you need Dex entries, help evolving your 'Mons, or perhaps even a specific
    Festival Plaza shop, feel free to PM me. Ayla and I likely will be able to help.

Tomorrow i have to fight olivia with my mono fire team. Oh joy. Im going to die.

Day two journey:

Caught a bunch of new Pokemon and rotated them through with the main team stays. Got up to the final kahuna, but wasn't even able to get past the first of her team before my whole crew was taken out. I now officially hate alolan dugtrio.

Current team line up:
    Lvl 49 Inceniroar
    Level 47 Toucannon
    Level 45 Charjabug
    Level 45 Carbrawler
    Level 42 Toxapex
    Level 40 eggecutor

Considering replacing Toxapex with Araquaid to have a water type with actual water usuage. And eggecutor will likely be replaced as well. Now I just need an icy area and the electric stone to evolve my crab and bug.
    Wild Shines Caught:

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast