Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Hau is rising up and he is going to wreck everyone soon. I was doing a Battle Royal against Hau, Edgelord Gladion, and Kukui Royal Mask. I was targeting Hau cause my Rockruff knew Rock Tomb but somehow it kept missing him. Somehow because my Rock Throw kept missing, Hau managed to take down Royal Mask's Rockruff and win. I couldn't believe it.
    Muscle muscle! Hustle hustle!

So that explains why he took out one of my pokemon with Hydro vortex when I was partnered with him in a multi battle he was making his first strike against me, I thought it was just a tragetting glitch/oversight, most likely due to sparkling aria hitting all pokemon but the user and it hitting just me due to a clear field last turn.... But yeah this makes sense.

Today, I completed the first trial. I defeated all of the Pokemon I had to fight in Verdant Cavern, which was easy for the most part except for the one Rattata that KOed my Pichu with Quick Attack surprise. Then, I fought the Totem Raticate. I was able to defeat it using only my Grimer.

Once the trial was done, I caught some Diglett in Verdant Cavern. The first one I caught had a minus Attack Nature, which I didn't want, so I had to catch a second one with a better Nature. I Wonder Traded the first one and got a Rattata in return. I've been using the second Diglett on my team.

After spending some time on Route 3 and in the Melemele Meadow, I returned to Iki Town to fight Hala. My Trumbeak took down Mankey and Makuhita no problem, but got destroyed by Crabrawler's Z-move. Fortunately, my Grimer finished Crabrawler off just fine. When the battle was over, I gained the ability to ride on Taurps and spent some time riding it to smash some rocks. I didn't get around to all of the rocks on the island, but I did make sure to visit Ten Carat Hill.

While training before and after the Grand Trial, I also got my Rowlet and Pichu to evolve.

Finally, I went to the marina in Hau'oli City and sailed over to Akala Island. Currently, I'm on Route 4.
    ~ * * ~

So I beat the main game not too long ago, proceeded to start postgame but got my arse handed to me on a silver-platter from     Spoiler:- lol:
    Like seriously, yeah she was a frontier brain but dang, talk about handing the smackdown. So now I'm on my way to the Battle Tree.
    Last edited by Kanethedragon; 20th November 2016 at 11:10 AM.
    Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Just finished my third trial and now it's off to go explore the newly opened area. I am dreading the kahuna of this island since my entire team is weak to rock types. This may be the first time I have to go catch some more pokemon just to help with one battle.

Team thus far:
    Toracat (Firestorm)
    Trumbeak (Talon)
    Charjabug (Thor)
    Salandit (Lilith)

Credit to FairyWitch for the banner

The third trial wasn't too bad because I found a TM for Rock Tomb nearby which I taught to Crabrawler. After receiving yet another Z Crystal I made my way through Route 8 where I caught a few new Pokemon and eventually got to the 4th Trial which I expected to be a pushover but man was it surprisingly tough. My strategy was to spam healing items until the Totem Lurantis ran out of Synthesis but freaking Castform just made everything more difficult. I did prevail and completed the 4th Trial! Next up was the surprisingly small Diglett's Tunnel before doing some more trivial tasks which led to me completing my second Grand Trial easily thanks to Crabrawler and Fomantis! This finally gave me the ability to access the Hano Grand Resort where I managed to capture my 5th Team Member, a Sandygast!

Curse how slow Alolan Pokemon are!!!!!

Lv27
    Lv27
    Lv27
    Lv26
    Lv22

About to start the 4th island. My team is:
    Incineroar lvl 48
    Toucannon lvl 45
    Charjabug lvl 49
    Lycanroc(Midday) lvl 44
    Crabrawler lvl 45
    Tsareena(Nicknamed Bouncee from an in-game trade) lvl 49

I have beat the 2nd trial and am currently trying to get a female Salandit before going on (such a horrible desicion they did with this one, so should've made Salandit female only too, because finding a decent nature one is difficult), I have caught 2 females so far, but they are Impish and Brave natures (also caught them in Heal balls :/). So I don't want to use them. I have decided to try using one of those females and male that I caught who is Mild natured and see if I can hatch one that is Mild and in a Heal Ball. At first I gave the female an Everstone, but they were in Great Balls and Impish so I switched it and have gotten a male Mild in Heal Ball, so I will be trying that way. Hopefully this doesn't take long. I did evolve a Fletchling to help with the hatching.

Current Team:
    Brionne [Fearie] ♂ lv25 ((might rename))
    Rockruff [Isaac] ♂ lv24
    Mudbray [Spartan] ♂ lv23
    Fomantis ((will be replaced)) ♀ lv22
    Salandit [Fudanshi] ♀ lv15

EDIT: Haha Just got my female Mild natured in Heal ball! Now I have to train it from lv1. xD Going to hatch the other eggs I have and probably release all the males.
    EDIT2: As I was training Fudanshi, I found a Shiny Cutiefly! o.o First shiny in the game! It is a male Jolly nature (horrible nature I'm sure) and my sister named it Momo.
    Last edited by Giblie; 20th November 2016 at 7:42 PM.
    LASTEST SHINY

Shiny Cutiefly || Random Encounter || Jolly nature || Shield Dust ability
    Currently Hatching: none atm

Current Sun Team: Primarina♂ lv66 | Lycanroc♂ lv64 | Salazzle♀ lv64 | Mudsdale♂ lv65 | Lurantis♀ lv64 | Kommo-o♂ lv64

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

I m currently just over 26 hours into my Sun game now. I have finished the main game, and I am now doing various postgame things.

I have caught two of the Tapu's (Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele). I bred a modest Abra to use as a synchronize user. Modest synchronize worked for Tapu Lele. It has 31 IV's in HP, Defense, and Special Attack. I plan on collecting bottle caps for its Special Defense and Speed alongside EV training it.
    I have not done every postgame thing yet, but I have done many of them. I have not received Type: Null yet (I am planning on SR'ing a shiny one or two between my Sun and Moon versions, but I am not sure if I will do it on my Sun yet though).
    I have unlocked the IV judge thing as readers can tell. I hatched mostly Abra eggs to unlock it. (I also have a synchronize Adamant Abra for other Pokémon encounters.)
    I am about to challenge the Pokémon League for the rematch. My team is now between levels 64-67. I also got Pokerus. Forgot to mention that.
    I have the Oval Charm, but not the Shiny Charm yet.

Apart from all of this, I am not sure what I will do next. I might go for the Shiny Charm and then do some MM'ing, but I do not know. (I am hatching eggs on the routes next to/including the nursery route for the moment.)
    Last edited by oarfish; 20th November 2016 at 6:56 PM.
    Just obtained a New 3DS: New Friend Code: 2423-5573-9673
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

National Pokedex complete - Gen V / XY / ORAS / SM
    Shiny Count: 250+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Loving it now, really got into the swing of things. Just beat the fire trial, my team right now is
    Charjabug 23
    Dartrix 29
    Crabwrawler 25
    Cutiefly 24
    Meowth (for pickup) 23
    Bouncee 24 (training on side for pokedex)
    probably going to add that GNARLY FIRE POISON TYPE LIZARD SO HYPED FOR THAT.
    Also I hope those electric and ice rocks are relatively soon, I don't want to have level 50 first evolutions with one being bug type...
    I'm currently going back and exploring melemele now that I have lapras and stuff!
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Finished hunts:
        Spoiler:- Shinies :D:

Friend Safari: Mawile, Snubbull and Floette ( blue flower) pm if interested

send this 2 some1 u care about... or a skeleton will rattle his bones at u!

I'm in Hau'Oli city and I am just looking abou right now. I just changed my hair and eye color and bought new clothes. My team consists of Abra Lv 7, Meowth Lv10, Metapod Lv 9, Pikipek Lv 10, Pichu Lv 9, and Rowlet Lv 12.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

new 3DS FC- 0319-1016-0613

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

I have made a ton of progress since my last post...the game really sucks you in! I indeed caught a Mudbray, whom I named Valkyrie. Took on Hana's trial and beat it with ease thanks to my Charjabug, Altair. Afterwards I caught a Salandit, whom I named Empress, and took on Kiawe's Trial. This trial took no time at all thanks to my Brionne, Cornelius. Mallow's Trial was a bit difficult, as I had to fight the Totem Pokemon twice. Thankfully, however, I defeated it on the second try with a Fire-type Z-Move! I'm currently on Ula'ula Island, and have cleared Sophocles's Trial as well as that Ghost-type Trial. I did some backtracking and caught a Fomantis to add to my team, which is currently as follows:

Cornelius the Primarina
    Altair the Charjabug
    Valkyrie the Mudsdale
    Empress the Salazzle
    Artemis the Fomantis

I beat Kiawe and Mallow's trials quite easily. But after trying to beat Olivia and losing badly, I thought "Screw this" as she kept one shotting my Grass type and Wimpod wasn't any help yet, went and got out Ash-Greninja solely to beat her then put him back in the box fuming mad. That Lycanroc one shot everybody! -.-
    Me and Hau then went off to Aether Paradise and encounter our first Ultra Beast, only for it to run away before I could kill it. The coward! And met the beautiful Lusamine.
    Afterward we traveled to the next island, read about Solgaleo a bit then went to beat Sophocles' trial..... which was quite easy compared to recent ones. I two shot the Totem.
    Team:
    Incineroar
    Toucannon
    Charjabug
    Goliosod
    Snorlax
    Fomantis (Temporary, ditching it for Sandslash)

I started exploring Akala island. I beat Sina kind of easily bit her Glace on was really annoying. I caught a lillipup, mudsbray, and 2 eevee on route 4 and beat all the trainers. Next I explored the second town and ranch. I caught a tauros which took a really long time and a Miltank which only took 1 great ball >.> and I got the egg from the nursery. Current team
    Jonathan the brionne lv 19
    Kuwagata the grubbin lv 19
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 18

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Got my team of only grass types
    parsect
    tsareena
    cottonee
    Datrix
    Fomantis
    Phantump...

Might replace fomantis with exxuctor
    Found an npc who claimed to have gotten a mewtwo from wondertrade....some of these npc say the weirdest things

I explored route 5 and beat the trainers. I also caught a female fomantis which is my 4th team member. Next I went to Brooklet hill and beat the fisherman. Current team:
    Jonathan the brionne lv 20
    Kuwagata the chargabug lv 20
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 19
    Hana the fomantis lv 17
    Last edited by Nibbles4Ever; 21st November 2016 at 5:10 AM.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Just finished up the main story and I am loving it. Delving into the post-game now!
    I heard rumors that the post game was X and Y levels of limited. Can you confirm?

This is the first time I haven't really used my starter my first run-through of a game. I did use Rowlet some at first but boxed him pretty quick before he could become Dartrix or Decidueye. Right now my team consists of...

Wormy the Butterfree (wreckin' fools just like it did in Bikini Bottom)
    Missingno. the Magnemite (soon to be Magneton, not sure if I wanna make it a Magnezone or not)
    Lilith the Misdreavus (one of my all-time favorite mons; again, not sure if I want to make it a Mismagius)
    Fluff the Cottonee (good replacement for Decidueye with a better typing in my opinion - Fairy's always a good type to add on a team)
    Whirly the Poliwhirl (from the in-game trade, soon to be a Poliwrath, wishing it had an ability other than damp but whatevs...)
    Skipper the Mudbray (love Stamina as an ability!)
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

3DS Friend Code - 4613 7899 0504 In-Game Name for Moon: Raphael

So I made a ton of progress since the other day, after losing Mallow's trial about four times - Totem Lurantis was a literal beast. After clearing that thing, Olivia seemed like a cakewalk, and I made my way over to the Aether Paradise. I finally met my favorite character from the games so far, Lusamine, and relatively easily took out the first Ultra Beast. After that, I took a trip over to the third island, where I promptly got KO'ed by Hau, as I had suddenly become decently underleveled.

After finding Kukui and heading up the mountain, I started catching a ton of Minior and doing some training - I'm currently debating whether to use a team of six differently-colored Minior, or stick with my main team. They're just so darn cute!
    ⋆ ⋆ ⋆⋆ ⋆ ⋆

I continued through Brooklyn hill. I caught 2 poliwags, dewpider which I think is really cute, and a paras. Next I did the trial after catching a wishiwashi. Man the totem wishiwashi was pretty hard. It beat Hana but Kuwagata managed to beat it. Next I healed. I also went back to catch a Igglybuff since it was day time. Current team
    Jonathan the brionne lv 20
    Kuwagata thw chargabug lv 21
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 20
    Hana the fomantis lv 18

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Alright, today I:

-Beat Acelora's trial
        Spoiler:- Skull and Aether Stuff:

-Arrived at Poni

Pokémon stuff:

-Hatched a Pichu, named Calli
    -Evolved all the way to Alolan Raichu
    -Caught a Dhelmise, nicknamed S.S. Wrecker (may be replaced if I find one with a better nature)

So, current team:

Blaze the Incineroar
    Beastly the Golisopod
    S.S. Wrecker the Dhelmise (may be replaced, but probably by someone of the same species)
    Snorlax
    Kokulele the Minior
    Calli the Alola Raichu
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

It's lit with Litten!

The Hype Train has arrived at its destination: The Alola Region!

Pokémon Sun Team:

Spoiler:- Team:

Finished catching the Island Mascots... whatever and the UB's. Decided to SOS for a level 9-12 Salamence. That was a mistake. After spending an hour just trying to encounter a Bagon it took another two hours of stalling for a Salamence to arrive. With 26 Beast Balls remaining from the UB fiasco after 8 break outs i managed to catch a level 9 Female Moxie Salamence inside a beast ball. Sadly it had a Calm nature but i mean its not like i am ever going to level the thing.
    Shiny Count (From Gen 3 - 6)

Sharpedo - Caught as a Carnavana in Sapphire
    Machamp - As a Macoke in Platinum
    Venusaur - as an Ivysaur in friend safari
    Gothorita - in friend safari
    Quilladin - in friend safari
    Magneton - in friend safari
    Ivysaur #2 - in friend safari
    Kakuna - in friend safari
    Omanyte - Hatched thanks to the will of Lord Helix.

Did a lot on Akala Island today. I made it to Paniola Town and defeated Hau once again there. At the ranch, I went to the nursery and obtained the free egg there. I hatched the Eevee after walking around for a while.

When I made it to Brooklet Hill, I completed Lana's trial. The totem Wishiwashi (love that name) wasn't too bad. I poisoned it with my Grimer and then had my Dartrix take care of it and its SOS partner with Razor Leaf. Once the trial was complete, I spent some time fishing, though I mostly found Magikarp, which I didn't feel like catching. I did manage to catch a Dewpider while wandering around the area, though.

Next, I reached the Royal Avenue and checked out the Battle Royal place. I did the royal fight I had to do, which went pretty well aside from Rockruff using Protect when I targeted it. After that, I went to Route 7 and Wela Volcano Park. I explored those areas and trained for a while before doing the next trial.

Kiawe's trial started out well for me. The part with the dancing Marowak was easy and more entertaining than I thought it would be. But after that, the Totem fight...it was one of the toughest main story battles I've had in a long time! The Salazzle's Speed was the main problem - it outsped everything I had, and most of my Pokemon aren't bulky enough to take more than one hit at the moment. I knew that in order to win, my Diglett needed to hit it with a Ground move, but I needed Pikachu to paralyze Salazzle in order for that to happen. So, I spent a long time trying to get myself into a postion where Salazzle was paralyzed (and damaged from my Pikachu's HP Ground) and Diglett could safely come in after another Pokemon fainted. Took quite a few Revives and Super Potions (thank god I had them), but I eventually got Diglett in and KOed Salazzle with Magnitude 9.

After finally getting that over with, I continued on my way and am now on Route 8.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 21st November 2016 at 2:24 PM. Reason: names are hard
    ~ * * ~

Smile

The other day I started my Alola Adventure! I chose Litten as my starter, and his name is Blazer. I have also caught an adorable but strong Cutiefly named Huni and an awesome Rockruff named Ace. Together we have beaten 3 Trials! Blazer and Huni worked together to defeat the first trial. Huni managed to really show her strength and led the team to victory against the Totem Wishiwashi after our other team members had been defeated. She is awesome! Ace battled and took down the Totem Salazzle all by himself. Blazer has evolved into Torracat and we now have the power to use a Fire Type Z-Move! I am really enjoying my adventure so far!

Team:
    Blazer the Torracat
    Ace the Rockruff
    Huni the Cutiefly
    Last edited by MegaTravis; 21st November 2016 at 1:15 PM.
    My Brother is pokemonmaster76
    PM me if you want to be my friend!

My previous post in this thread is outdated. I've completed 2 grand trials and now on Ula'ula Island.

Incineroar
    Raichu
    Dugtrio
    Vulpix
    Jangmo-o
    Pelipper

Spoiler:- sort of spoilers:

I got Jangmo-o and Vulpix from the GTS (Jangmo-o is Adamant!). Thank you kind strangers for the valid offers!

Yesterday's adventure was good progress. After my last trial I headed out to get some Sudowoodo that were barring the way out of the way. After a short glance from my new Z-crystal they scrammed real quick! With the path clear I went into Route 6, also named Straight Street for obvious reasons. I was surprisingly pleased from finding that there are wild Eevee in that area, I caught one to train for the future and named it Prism.

Detours done with, I came to Royal Avenue and came upon the Battle Royal Dome, apparently it's a place where you can have a 4-way free for all battle with several other Trainers. For whatever reason that Gladion dude was there...Then I was greeted by this Masked Man named the Masked Royal. I don't know why, but he reminded me of someone...anyway, He invited me to a Battle Royal, I accepted the challenge because why not! Hau showed up and joined in too, and so did Gladion. The 4 of us duked it out in the Battle Royal Arena, I felt I did alright, all things considered.

After that rumble, I stopped by the Thrifty Megamart for a bit of shopping. The prices were indeed outrageous, in more ways than one...Anywho I was done with that and headed out of the avenue, and into Route 7 and Wela Volcano Park. I knew the Trial Captain Kiawe was waiting for me at the summit, so I did a good bit of training around at hot rock to ready for it (As well as catch the local pokemon around there. I ran into a Magby which I thought was rare, but I knocked it out when it got backup and no more showed up for a long while, so I gave up on that...). But Salandits are SO annoying! Luckily I had my Mudbray to do short work of them!

Back on track, I went through the Trial gate and met with the Trial Captain. His trial involved his dancing Marowak and their performances (As well as some photobombs, which were pretty amusing!). After a few battles and right answers, the Totem pokemon appeared! Compared to the last Totem this one wasn't too much trouble. I wanted to defeat all of the minions first, but too many were coming and gave me a hard time. So I was like "Forget this!" and finished them off with my Mudbray. Thank goodness for Ground types, am I right? The Totem and Kiawe were impressed by our moves and awarded me with the Fire-Type Z-Crystal, now I have one more and a hot new Z-Move at my disposal! He also updated my Ride Gear to have a Charizard fly me places, how cool is that?! I used it right away and took to the sky to restock.

Now that i've got another victory on under my belt, I was cleared to enter Route 8. I met this guy named Colress who, after a quick chat about the potential of pokemon, gave me a Technical Machine. Ironically it should help with the next Trial. The man left, and I went to explore the long road that is Route 8, beating all the Trainers along the way, including the local Ace Trainer in that area. I also found Gladion staying in a hotel there, he promptly kicked me out...I also spent a good while finding a Stufful for a request. Who knew those things would be so hard to find...(Speaking of I still can't find a darn Feebas. Gah!). FINALLY finding one, I decided to raise one for myself. I was able to find the other half of Route 5 and have a look around there. Satisfied, I got all ready and entered Lush Jungle.

Inside the jungle Mallow was already there. She wanted me to locate some ingredients for some sort of recipe, and thus the Trial began! It was only with the help of my Stoutland mount that I was able to find everything she needed. I was jumped by some pokemon along the way, but that was a nonissue! I met up with the Captain to prepare everything. The other two Captains showed up as well for other supplies. With a bit of mixing, grinding, and pounding, the "Mallow Special" was ready and attracted the Totem pokemon in no time at all. But it snuck up on me without warning! Yikes! Like the rest, it's power flared up and we took it on. It was fast, and I had to weaken it make it more vulnerable, but its minion made it hard. Luckily my Growlithe was able to endure the Totem Pokemon's startling power and take it down in one shot with his Z-power! The totem left me alone and had some of the food, and Mallow herself awarded me with the Grass Z-Crystal. With it, i'll be able to unleash nature's awesome power concentrated! You're probably wondering what the Mallow Special tastes like. According to the other Captains, definitely not what you'd expect! It makes my wonder how (or IF) the Totem liked it...

Exiting the Jungle, the Professor was already there to commend me for doing so well. He gave me a nifty new TM and said I was ready to take on the Kahuna herself! But first he wanted to meet him back in Hauhau at this Dimensional Research Lab. I plan to go there soon, but I have other things I want to do first and went to stop at the nearest Pokemon Center.

Let me see the status of my team now...

Dizzy the Brionne, Lv 31
    Ballistia the Trumbeak, Lv 28
    Flaredo the Growlithe, Lv 27
    Pinky the Stufful, Lv 20
    D. Hoof Jack the Mudbray, Lv 28
    Parisprite the Ribombee, Lv 28
    Last edited by TrottingMinccino; 21st November 2016 at 6:33 PM.
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

Life likes to be stubborn, i'll still try to bear with it.
    My ASB Profile

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast