Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

I continued in Brooklet hill. I caught a goldeen and a magikarp. I found a surskit but accidentally killed it. my battery was almost dead so had to charge it but when it's done I will try to find another surskit and a feebas. Current team:
    Jonathan the brionne lv 20
    Kuwagata the chargabug lv 21
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 20
    Hana the fomantis lv 19

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Just completed Lana's Island Trial and got to say I'm really digging the Totem Pokemon. Before the trial I traded for a Bounsweet, which greatly helped balance my team out now since I have 3 pokemon weak to water. Also snagged a Wishiwashi myself. Ran into another wishiwashi before facing the totem that would just keep calling for help, even if it was asleep. Was tempted to start chaining, but didn't have any net or dive balls. Heres my current lineup:

Team:
    Mocha - Rockruff lv 21
    Leviathan - Wishiwashi lv 19
    Nekomamushi - Snorlax lv 24
    Bouncee - Steenee lv 22
    Savannah - Mudray lv 18
    Lit - Torracat lv 21
    Pokedex: 721/721
    FC: 2122-8802-5147
    Goal: Completing Alola Dex

At last, endgame. After conquering all Kahuna's,     Spoiler:- Endgame story spoilers:
    catching Solgaleo (resetting numerous times for Adamant, also really starting to hate the idea of forcing you to catch the legendary then and there instead of when you're actually ready for them) we made it to the Pokémon league!

Still have a little more training to go especially with Kommo-o as they only let you get one so damn late in the game. I'm making it to the top of the mountain hopefully finishing the game tonight.
    Last edited by Mr. Reloaded; 21st November 2016 at 10:40 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

Just beat the electric trial (should be called the one species trial lol) and my team is

Charjabug 37
    Ribombee 36
    Crabrawler 36
    Decidueye 38
    Salandit 35
    (Mareanie 20 training for pokedex)

Not sure who I want in my final slot. I still have a lot of fire weakness and not much to do about electric typing either, so I was thinking about investing in maybe a Minior (would make electric problem worse), Sandygast and his evo (then I have double ghosts), or maybe something I don't have yet.
    Since i avoided all spoilers for Sun and Moon until it came out, I was very disappointed when I learned (plot spoilers)
    [SPOILER] that Cosmog isn't a pokemon you can catch and train normally. When I first saw it I was super excited and thought it'd become some cool space-like pyschic type that looks like a galaxy cloud or something awesome like that, so i wanted to see when I could get it for my team and was extremely disappointed when I looked up its serebii page and found out that its a huge plot device spoiler thing. Probably my biggest disappointment with gen 7 so far, but I guess it's partially my fault. [/SPOILER]

so that's a let down. Anyways I might fit a dragon type into the last slot just for funsies.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Finished hunts:
        Spoiler:- Shinies :D:

Friend Safari: Mawile, Snubbull and Floette ( blue flower) pm if interested

send this 2 some1 u care about... or a skeleton will rattle his bones at u!

We cleared the Ghost trial and then went to Po Town to meet with Team Skull. Where we easily beat them all, got the Bugnium and left only to discover Lillie was kidnapped. We set off to rescue her and saw UB-01 again.
    Traveling to Poni Island we witnessed the birth of a new Kahuna(Snore.... the most boring one. I like the Cop Kahahuna more)
    Least Poni island has Lycanroc and Komo-o in it, wanted those guys in my team but never did find a Rockruff.....
    Team:
    Incineroar
    Toucanon
    Decidueye
    Goliosod
    Charjabug
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Since my last post, I beat the other two trials on Akala Island as well beat the Kahuna. They were pretty easy with my team. Beat the Team Skull captain with some trouble. After I went to the Aether Foundation and met UB-01, then I headed off to the 3rd Island where I am training my Pokemon a little before taking on the next trial.

Current Team:
    Primarina [Fearie]♂ lv35
    Lycanroc [Isaac]♂ lv33
    Salazzle [Fudanshi]♀ lv33
    Mudsdale [Spartan]♂ lv33
    Lurantis [Uke]♀ lv34
    Jangmo-o [Seme]♂ lv17

Decided to just use Fomantis instead of getting Alolan Vulpix for my Water weakness. Last member not sure. I want Jangmo-o, but he is a little late.

EDIT: Brionne finally evolved into Primarina! Going to get Salandit to evolve next.

EDIT2: I completed the Electric trial that gave trouble, was only able to land one hit with Isaac, which then I brought out Spartan who with Stamina got the win! I also took on Guzma for the first time and had some trouble with his Wimpod evo, but was able to pull a win with Spartan's Stamina ability! Salandit and Fomantis are evolved now, too! Had to evolve Fomantis on my sister's Moon since it was currently night on my game. My team is finally fully evolved! I hope to fill the last slot with Jangmo-o.

EDIT3: Not sure if I can post again, so I guess I'll edit this again. Anyway I finally got a Jangmo-o! I decided to breed my starter with a Ditto I caught and put a Popplio on the GTS. I got a female pretty quickly! So I used her to breed my own. Hatched myself a Jolly male. Now I need to catch him up before going on. o.o I had also got an Adamant Litten from the GTS for a Popplio.
    Last edited by Giblie; 22nd November 2016 at 5:38 PM.
    LASTEST SHINY

Shiny Slowpoke || SOS || Lax nature || Own Tempo ability
    Currently Hatching: Litten - 35 eggs

Current Sun Team: Primarina♂ lv70 | Lycanroc♂ lv66 | Salazzle♀ lv71 | Mudsdale♂ lv67 | Lurantis♀ lv70 | Kommo-o♂ lv71

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

(Ah, this thread seems fun. Nice and focused.)

First off, I chose a female character and named her "Ani", a reference to one of my OCs. It is one of the Hawaiian words for "breeze", I believe. She chose Rowlet as her starter.

So, last night she beat Lana's trial, using her level 21 Charjabug and 22 Dartrix against the Totem Wishiwashi and its obnoxious ally Alomola. That done, she tried to explore the previous route a bit more, but it seemed as if there were some sections that weren't accessible yet, and therefore she hasn't fought all the trainers there. She also didn't put a lot of time fishing, so there still are some Pokemon she doesn't have. With access to the volcano open, she spent about an hour trying to get a female Salandit; once she did, she swapped her Growlithe out for it. Now her team is 100% Alolan Pokemon, but she will swap out Trumbeak for something else after it evolves (I want that Dex entry, especially since it seems to evolve really early for a regional bird).

Ani's Pokemon team:

1.) Dartrix (23)
    2.) Trumbeak (22)
    3.) Rockruff (22)
    4.) Mudbray (22)
    5.) Charjabug (22)
    6.) Salandit (16)

Next stop, Kiawe's trial! To be continued!
    Lugia is my favorite Pokemon!

I decided not to catch an alomomola or feebas now but I did catch a tentacool, finneon, and the mushroom thing... Next I made my way to route 6 and battled the trainers. After that I went to royal Avenue and did the battle royal. Finally I battled some trainers on route 7. Current team
    Jonathan the brionne lv 21
    Kuwagata the chargabug lv 22
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 20
    Hana the fomantis lv 20
    Last edited by Nibbles4Ever; 22nd November 2016 at 2:39 AM.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I was so sick of having an entire team of slow Pokemon that I almost immediately ditched Sandygast and instead replaced it with an Oranguru to give me a much needed Special Attacker and a Moon exclusive. I trained Oranguru a bit and then headed towards the Aether Foundation's main headquarters I think. I had my first ultra beast encounter and then headed to Ula'ula Island. I went to a Library, climbed a mountain and arrived at an observatory where my fifth trial took place. It wasn't too difficult thanks to Crabrawler knowing Rock Tomb and Torracat being its awesome self. Soon after I got to meet the Team Skull boss and beat him in battle. I headed down Route 11 and Route 12 before taking a break on the Secluded Shore.

Lv32
    Lv31
    Lv31
    Lv32
    Lv31

I actually had to catch 4 Oranguru before I caught one without a -Sp Atk nature. The other 3 were traded off on Wonder Trade which I thought was nice because it is an exclusive. What do I get in return? A Ledyba, Wingull, and Caterpie.......awesome.

Day four information:

I have done most of the UB postgame storyline (I am not really going for it, but I keep running into them while doing other things). I have also been doing a lot of the Battle Tree, with having completed part of it already and bought a few things. I have like 100 BP left at the moment.
    My team is in the high 70's now, including my Tapu Lele, which I am still planning on Hyper Training. I have caught many Pokémon now, with over 100 for my Pokedex at the moment.
    I have been working on finding certain Pokémon and items, including some weather-only S.O.S. Pokémon. That has been taking some time.
    I have been doing some of the trainer battles to obtain items from various routes as well. I think I have some more of those left, but I have most of them done.
    I might go and catch some more UB's / Tapu's / Cosmog soon. I have yet to do those for some reason...

I am not sure what I will do next though. I have a foreign Ditto now that I got from the GTS, so I might do some breeding (but I have very little high IV Pokémon still).
    Just obtained a New 3DS: New Friend Code: 2423-5573-9673
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

National Pokedex complete - Gen V / XY / ORAS / SM
    Shiny Count: 250+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

I just beat the game! The main story was pretty good to me and it was backed up by amazing supporting characters. The final battles against the Elite 4 and stand in Champion were some of the toughest battles I've ever been through, but so satisfying to beat. The ending also was just plain adorable. There's never been a celebration like this for you, so it really makes beating the game feel that much more satisfying. This was no doubt the best Pokemon game I have ever played.
    Muscle muscle! Hustle hustle!

Alright, today I:

-Beat Hapu
    -Got to Vast Poni Canyon
    -Currently still advancing through Vast Poni Canyon

For Pokémon:

-Caught another Dhelmise, not the nature I was looking for but still decent

Current team:

Blaze the Incineroar
    Beastly the Golisopod
    S.S. Wrecker the Dhelmise
    Snorlax
    Hokulele the Minior
    Calli the Alola Raichu
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

The Hype Train has left Alola for its next destination: Alola (again)!

I explored the volcano. I caught a fletchling, kangaskan, cubone, magby, and a female salandit. It wasn't that hard to find. I named her Sandoku and she is my 5th team member. Then I beat the totem pokemon which wasn't that difficult but it did beat Iwanu. Current team
    Jonathan the brionne lv 23
    Kuwagata the chargabug lv 22
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 21
    Hana the fomantis
    Sandoku the salandit

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I'm not sure if anyone here has brought up the difficulty of evolving Charjabug into Vikavolt. The Serebii page for it says that it has to be levelled up near an "electric rock" to evolve. This isn't technically true; it can be evolved anywhere in the canyon. I've seen a few Youtube videos showing Charjabug evolving in different locations that the video claims to be the "electric rock" including the area outside with a large boulder half surrounded by tall grass. I then decided to stop using Repels while searching for the "electric rock" and just defeat the next wild Pokemon I saw. Unsurprisingly, despite being at the entrance to the cave where you find TM35 and nowhere near where the videos showed Charjabug evolving, mine evolved and I have a brand new Vikavolt.

So maybe someone can let whoever has the ability to change the official page know that it's incorrect.

Today I completed the third and fourth trials with ease. The second Kahuna was some trouble despite my overleveled team. I'm now in Ula'Ula island or whatever you call it. I'm taking a small break now from the main storyline to break rankings at the Featival Plaza and also earn big money to expand my character's wardrobe. My current team is:

Decidueye: Level 37
    Greninja: Level 38
    Chargabug: Level 34
    Drifblim: Level 33
    Butterfree: Level 33
    Toucannon: Level 34
    This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen
    of Alola. She's also a people person and loves helping
    out other Pokemon Sun and Moon players.

If you need Dex entries, help evolving your 'Mons, or perhaps even a specific
    Festival Plaza shop, feel free to PM me. Ayla and I likely will be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Foltliss View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone here has brought up the difficulty of evolving Charjabug into Vikavolt. The Serebii page for it says that it has to be levelled up near an "electric rock" to evolve. This isn't technically true; it can be evolved anywhere in the canyon. I've seen a few Youtube videos showing Charjabug evolving in different locations that the video claims to be the "electric rock" including the area outside with a large boulder half surrounded by tall grass. I then decided to stop using Repels while searching for the "electric rock" and just defeat the next wild Pokemon I saw. Unsurprisingly, despite being at the entrance to the cave where you find TM35 and nowhere near where the videos showed Charjabug evolving, mine evolved and I have a brand new Vikavolt.

So maybe someone can let whoever has the ability to change the official page know that it's incorrect.
    They know, not saying it's not misleading but it's best to check the most in-depth part of the site (and more recent) at this point which is the new evolution method page which has the correct info.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    Today I completed the third and fourth trials with ease. The second Kahuna was some trouble despite my overleveled team. I'm now in Ula'Ula island or whatever you call it. I'm taking a small break now from the main storyline to break rankings at the Featival Plaza and also earn big money to expand my character's wardrobe. My current team is:

Decidueye: Level 37
    Greninja: Level 38
    Chargabug: Level 34
    Drifblim: Level 33
    Butterfree: Level 33
    Toucannon: Level 34
    How are your levels so high? I just stepped foot on Ula'Ula and my highest level Pokemon is level 30. I haven't skipped any trainers yet either.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Dallas Cowboys | Memphis Grizzlies

Caught Togekiss with QR codes today. I have decided to fill up my pokedex legitimately for the first time ever (though not a living dex). Currently at 132 captured and clearing off Melemele island.

Also trying to capture underleveled pokemon via SOS. Currently have a level 9 Salamence, level 10 Gyarados and a level 16 Slowbro.
    Shiny Count (From Gen 3 - 7)

Sharpedo (2003) - Caught as a Carnavana in Sapphire
    Machamp (2010) - As a Macoke in Platinum
    Ivysaur #1 - Gothorita - Quilladin - Magneton - Ivysaur #2 - Kakuna (2012-13) - friend safari
    Omanyte (2014) - Hatched thanks to the will of Lord Helix during TPP.
    Charmander (2017) - Hatched in Gen 7 will be a perfect Charizard-Y thanks to bottlecaps
    Elygem - Pelipper (2017) - Sneaking in Alpha Sapphire.
    NidoranM - Horde Encounter (2017)

i finally got around to being able to face the elite 4 and took a break to get a flame body fletchling and a female salandit. i raised a male salandit to lvl 54 and realised it was not going to evolve when i had it at lvl 30..... ran with it as it was leveled up to and extent to make the battles easier. i got 2 pkmn on the wela volcano peak: magby and salandit, i got lucky and had the magmariazer and smoke ball from both pkmn. still trying to get a fletchling but i got a pairing for the salandit ready when my bird is caught. why was GF so gracious as to remove flame body from talonflame?? atleast i got magby for that ability now......
    Last edited by nel3; 22nd November 2016 at 8:46 AM.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Arrived on Akala Island today with my Lv 30 Dartrix and Lv 22 Rockruff. After exploring a bit, I met Sina and Dexio and got the Zygarde Cube. And at this point, I came into a serious dilemma: the Cube collects Zygarde's Cells and Cores which are scattered all around Alola, should I go back to Melemele to collect all the Cells and Cores I could now or just move on my journey? Anyway, with the fear I may forget which Cells and Cores I have collected, I decided to go back to Melemele. Found all the Cells you can get during the day at this point in the game, now waiting for night to arrive to get the rest. Thanks to this small trip, my Rockruff also got to Lv 23.

Today, I finished exploring Route 8. I was able to get into a battle with Wimpod and caught it right away by tossing a Quick Ball. I added it to my party afterwards as it's probably going to be my final team member.

After that, I went to Lush Jungle to do the next trial. I found the ingredients Mallow needed pretty easily and then fought the Totem Lurantis. This totem fight was definitely easier than the last one for me. I started with Grimer again and poisoned the Lurantis, then sent out Trumbeak after Grimer fainted. Trumbeak had no problem KOing the totem, and it actually finished Lurantis off before defeating the Trumbeak SOS partner. I switched to Pikachu to defeat the enemy Trumbeak and win the battle IIRC.

When the totem fight was over, my Trumbeak evolved into Toucannon!

Finally, after doing some more story stuff, I made it through Diglett's Tunnel and entered Konikoni City.
    >>// \\<<

So I'm almost done creating my living Alolan Dex (all the new mons and forms). Just need to evolve Fomantis, Sandygast, and create an egg and evolve Mareanie, and then it's just Moon exclusives I need (Alola Shrew line, Drampa, Oranguru, Lunala, Pheromosa, and Celesteela). Beyond that, I have nothing better to do besides breeding a bunch of Synchronizer Abras so that I can actually get all the unique mons with competitive abilities after I move everything on Sun to Moon, then back once I reset Sun after my brother goes through it. Then it's just a matter of biding time til January so that I can actually take on the Battle Tree (my semi-casual Sun team got wrecked first double-battle. Significantly more difficult than vanilla Maīson I'll say that much.)

Also fun fact I discovered earlier on, at Poni Gauntlet, using Lucky Egg for experience training seems to net on average 4.5k exp a wild battle. Good place for leveling low mons imo.
    Last edited by Kanethedragon; 22nd November 2016 at 10:10 AM.
    Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

I headed through a very short Route 13 and arrived in Tapu Village. I headed towards another Aether Building and spoke with Lillie again before spending some time in the grass training Torracat so it could evolve into Incineroar! On Route 14 Fomantis finally evolved into Lurantis and did fairly well in a few battles after the evolution. I began my sixth trail which involved taking pictures and I once again struggled with the Totem Pokémon and its allies mostly due to how slow my team is and how fast they were. I prevailed in the end thanks to Oranguru and Charjabug and received another Z Crystal. I took a break after the trial.

Lv35
    Lv32
    Lv32
    Lv34
    Lv32

As of yesterday, Ani completed Mallow's trial. Finding the ingredients was no problem. However, her team struggled with the level 21 Totem Lurantis, which used Synthesis every single chance it got, dragging the fighting out longer than it needed to. She used her Salandit, Trumbeak, and Dartrix against it. Unfortunately, her Rockruff hit level 25 while it was daytime in Alola (night in real life, as I own Moon), so she had to wait until the next day to use a Rare Candy on it. When her team gets more perfected, she will box Toucannon and Midnight Lycanroc. Each member is level 27-28 right now, and she's now off to meet Kahuna Olivia in the Ruins of Life.
    Lugia is my favorite Pokemon!

I'm still working on training up my teams in Sun and Moon for now. I really like the games so far. They're definitely a bit different than what we've been through before.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast