Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun & Moon Recent Happenings Thread

We defeated Hapu, who was a pathetic excuse for a Kahuna. Everyone else gave me trouble except her, nobody was tanky and hitting hard for her.
    Went into Poni canyon and FINALLY evolved Charjabug and got a Jangmo-o
    We completed an ancient trial and saved Lusamine and Guzma from the Ultra Dimension along with catching Solgaleo
    We then became the Champion of the region and I got to catch Tapu Koko
    I then received a mysterious letter from somebody and obtained Type: Null from Gladion

Team:
    Incineroar
    Vikavolt
    Goliosod
    Lycanroc Midnight
    Kommo-o
    Type: Null, replaced Toucannon
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Today I took a break from the main storyline as well as training my team (save for hatching my Eevee egg so that I could get Flareon). Spend the majority of my playtime dominating at Festival Plaza. My favorite mission is the Type Matchup Tests. My individual best so far is 20. I got my festival plaza rank from 5 to 24 so far today. With all the festival coins I got, I spent whatever I could and still have a bunch left over. As it goes for the attractions I decide to host, I currently for the most part prefer to tailor my Plaza to places that allow me to purchase/obtain items that I can sell and make money from.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    How are your levels so high? I just stepped foot on Ula'Ula and my highest level Pokemon is level 30. I haven't skipped any trainers yet either.
    I'm not sure how many hours old your game is, but it just boils down to two things. Battling wild Pokemon (depending on the specific Pokemon you're training, you should go to an area that it would fare okay in), as well as the spare time and patience to do such.

Edit: Oh, and it also helps (I think) to have the Exp. share turned on.
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 23rd November 2016 at 3:02 AM.

Credit to Satomine Night for this banner. <3

Made some replacements on my team.

Wormy the Butterfree
    Missingno. the Magneton - I'm not sure if I wanna go all the way and make this guy a Magnezone or slap an Eviolite on it
    Lilith the Misdreavus - Same thing as Magneton though I know two Eviolites are verbotten in competitive; any other good items either one of these mons can run?
    Skipper the Mudsdale - this guy is the star of my team, so reliable; this thing is a tank and I hope Stamina is as good competitively as it has been in game
    Ash-Greninja - yeah my casual roots are showing but this guy just has the cool factor
    Alola Ninetales - got as a Level 1 Vulpix off the GTS for my Whimsicott; caught in a Beast Ball(!); had Freeze Dry and Moonblast on it as egg moves; really happy for this acquisition

I wish we had gotten to know Lusamine a little better. Just got to the part where she got sucked into the wormhole, hopefully we'll get more backstory as the mission progresses
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

3DS Friend Code - 4613 7899 0504 In-Game Name for Moon: Raphael

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    Today I took a break from the main storyline as well as training my team (save for hatching my Eevee egg so that I could get Flareon). Spend the majority of my playtime dominating at Festival Plaza. My favorite mission is the Type Matchup Tests. My individual best so far is 20. I got my festival plaza rank from 5 to 24 so far today. With all the festival coins I got, I spent whatever I could and still have a bunch left over. As it goes for the attractions I decide to host, I currently for the most part prefer to tailor my Plaza to places that allow me to purchase/obtain items that I can sell and make money from.

I'm not sure how many hours old your game is, but it just boils down to two things. Battling wild Pokemon (depending on the specific Pokemon you're training, you should go to an area that it would fare okay in), as well as the spare time and patience to do such.

Edit: Oh, and it also helps (I think) to have the Exp. share turned on.
    I only ran with Exp. Share on for a couple of hours, but yeah, I haven't done much grinding at all because I find it tedious, although, I did do some today and I'm still at the same point in the main game but now my Pokemon are 2-3 levels higher.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Dallas Cowboys | Memphis Grizzlies

Started the Ultra Beasts quest this morning, obviously as a competitive player I get the fun times of making it much more frustrating by soft resetting for nature's.

Nihilego wasn't to bad thankfully, but after about 2 hours with Buzzwole I lost my patience. Caught some Abra, caught a Fletchinder, flew to the ranch to make some syncro babies because Pokebank wanted to prolonge everything making it 10x harder. This will also help with all the Tapu's. Hopefully.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

Today wasn't as eventful as before, but I did see to a bunch of things I couldn't before. For example I flew back to Melemele Island and explored the meadow there, finding Seaward Cave totally by accident! I did my exploring thing and found a TM or two, as well as hitting the seas at the beachfront in Hauhau City. I wanted to explore all of it, but I can't break some large rocks with Lapras. After a day of backtracking and messing with the Poke Finder, I flew back to Akala.

I did come pokemon catching in Lush Jungle and made some changes to my team. I did some training for a while until I felt everyone was strong enough. Afterwards I finally decided to head to that Research Lab the Professor was talking about. I entered the lab and met everyone there, as well as the Professor's wife. She is a researcher and was investigating an "Ultra Wormhole" and mysterious entities called Ultra Beasts. Apparently they are like pokemon, but weirder and much more powerful! I'm not gonna worry about that now, I have other things do deal with, like taking on the Kahuna! But as I left, I saw a strange rip in the sky, what WAS that?? Hmm...Anyway, I went into Diglet's Tunnel.

Olivia herself was waiting for me and cleared me to pass. So I scoured every nook and cranny of the place, collecting and battling all that I can at the time. I also saw some members of the Aether Foundation, a group who works on keeping pokemon safe. They seem like total opposites to Team Skull...speaking of, I bumped into a pair of said creeps at the exit! But with Hau's help, we rattled their bones and they got out of our way!

Konikoni City was but a Rock Throw away, but I wanted to make a detour. I found myself in Memorial Hill, what an upsetting place...My heart started to ache, and I wanted to move on ASAP. Luckily I didn't stay for long, for obvious reasons. But I did explore the area beyond it. The Ruins of Life was also nearby, where the local Guardian usually stays. I gave that place a miss for now. Back on track, I entered Konikoni. There sure are alot of shops here, I bought a few things and almost got carried away! I also met a girl who gave me a Z-Crystal made especially for a Pikachu. Maybe i'll raise one someday and give it a shot. The Kahuna's own shop was definitely nearby, but I wanted to rest and make sure I was totally ready.

I made some changes to my team, too. Some of them even evolved!

Dizzy the Brionne, Lv 34
    Maui the P'au Oricorio, Lv 29
    Parisprite the Ribombee, Lv, 32
    D.Hoof Jack the Mudsdale, Lv 32
    Backer the Passimian, Lv 28
    Freya the Lycanroc, Lv 30
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

No matter how many days/months/years pass, i'll always be that kid at heart...
    My ASB Profile

I'm about to take on my second trial on the second Island. I hope to beat it no later than tomorrow. I finally caught a male Rockruff yesterday, and I caught a shiny Spearow!

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

I explored the sea after being able to fly on charizard. I battled the trainers and caught a corsola and a luvdisc. After that I went to route 8 and caught a trumbeak, fletchinder, and a stuffel. Current team
    Jonathan the brionne lv 24
    Kuwagata the chargabug lv 22
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 22
    Hana the fomantis lv 23
    Sandoku the salandit lv 21
    Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    I explored the sea after being able to fly on charizard. I battled the trainers and caught a corsola and a luvdisc. After that I went to route 8 and caught a trumbeak, fletchinder, and a stuffel. Current team
    Kuwagata the chargabug lv 22
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 22
    Hana the fomantis lv 23
    Sandoku the salandit lv 21
    I had those same exact Pokemon yesterday. I added Passimian this morning. It took about an hour for me to get him caught up with the rest of the team (from level 18 to level 32). Brionne, Rockruff, and Salandit all evolved. And Fomantis should evolve in the daytime tomorrow after I level it up once more. Anyways, I finished the 1st trial on the 3rd island. I didn't really want to do it so soon but there wasn't much else I could do other than that. On to Route 11 now and that's where I sign off for the night.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Dallas Cowboys | Memphis Grizzlies

Well i shortly after my last post realized that only female salandit evolves, so that was a huge headache. needless to say i'm now overleveled besides her.
    Decidueye 44
    Crabrawler 41
    Ribombee 41
    Charjabug 42
    Salazzle 35
    Mareanie 33 (pokedex- about to evolve)

I'm planning to replace Ribombee with Mimikyu, which i'm now looking for- I just beat the ghost type trial! Fun stuff. I also hit stage 3 on my pokefinder finally. Kind of thing its bad game design that over half the new pokemon are obscsure 5-10% pokes that you would never run into naturally. (ie mareanie female salandit, stufful, comfey, oranguru, passimian, komala, togedemaru, mimikyu, etc.) but maybe that's just me
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Finished hunts:
        Spoiler:- Shinies :D:

Friend Safari: Mawile, Snubbull and Floette ( blue flower) pm if interested

send this 2 some1 u care about... or a skeleton will rattle his bones at u!

On the weekend, I put a Vullaby on the GTS asking for a Vulpix. When I checked late last night, I found out that the trade went through! So now, I have a Vulpix on my Moon. I needed one on Moon because I want to use Alola Ninetales on my Sun team, and I always breed for my team on another game in advance if possible.

Today, I didn't have time to get much else done. I spent several minutes looking around Konikoni City as I didn't really do that yesterday. At the boutique, I bought a Luvdisc shirt and put it on because Luvdisc is amazing lol.

Then, I returned to Route 9 and then entered the Memorial Hill area. I was able to fight several of the trainers there before I had to save for the day.
    >>// \\<<

Today I began my trip on Akala Island by venturing through Route 4 and reaching Paniola and its Ranch, where I caught many Pokémon (and Eevee(s)!) Will stay there tonight to get a Zygarde Cell that only appears at the ranch at night, and to see if I can find and catch an Umbreon (cause catching all those Eevees may turn you insane)

Oh, and I also got the special Munchlax and the Snorlium Z. Problem is I already caught a Munchlax... Oh well.

News from last day or so:

Finished the UB sidequest and caught Necrozma. Synchronized it Modest, along with synchronizing many of the UB's Adamant.
    I am now filling up my Pokedex through GTS, Wondertrade, and general catching/evolving. I hope to have it done soon. I am about 62% done now.
    I have done some more of the Battle Tree. Bought some more items there. I have also done some Festival Plaza and Poke Pelago. I am collecting shards for bottle caps on that cave area on Poke Pelago.
    Speaking of bottle caps, I have fished a few from Seafolk village. I plan on using them on my Tapu Lele when it gets to level 100. It is in its mid-70's now.
    My team is around level 75-85 now, other than my Vikavolt. I have boxed it temporarily for my Tapu Lele. I have gathered some items from around the region, along with many TMs.
    I am also fishing now for some of the rarer Pokémon in the region. I may just go through trading for some of them though.
    Just obtained a New 3DS: New Friend Code: 2423-5573-9673
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

National Pokedex complete - Gen V / XY / ORAS / SM
    Shiny Count: 250+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Finally, the day has arrived. Why did Europe get the games five days later, and on a Wednesday too? I guess we'll never know but it would be great if we did. Anyway, I got the game today and started playing. I don't think my posts here will be very long since it takes too much of my time to write everything down, but we'll see.

Went through the introductions and stuff, some things were really cool and others felt mysterious, I guess I'll get the answers for everything eventually. Chose the appearance for my character and gave him a name. And ID numbers are now consisting of 6 numbers instead of 5 as in all previous generations, that's a small but cool change. My character has moved to Alola from Kanto, I can see what they are trying to do with that. Felt like it took a very long time from when I started playing to when I got my starter, but I don't mind them trying new things like that. The scene on the bridge was really cool. I ended up picking Popplio, but I do like all three so it was not an easy choice. Since I'm playing Moon, it is going to feel weird that it will be night most of the time in the game, Sun might have been the more "natural" choice. But I'll get used to it.

I defeated Hau in the first battle, then I soon got some Poke Balls to catch Pokemon. On Route 1, I caught Pikipek, Yungoos, Ledyba and Caterpie. The Pikipek is going to be a part of my team. Haven't planned the rest of the team yet, but I have some ideas. I trained my two team members a little on Route 1, then battled some trainers. Now I'm going back to Iki Town, there was talk about a festival there. Sounds cool. I'm hoping to be able to play a little more later this evening, but if not, I'll continue tomorrow instead.

Team:
    - level 7
    - level 7
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

Downloaded the game last night.

Started with Rowlet and did all the other stuff at the beginning. Captured a couple of common Pokemon and spent a while looking for Pichu before battling Hau at the festival, who was pretty easy. Got the Rotom Dex from Kukui before heading to Hau'oli to explore. I changed my clothes/hair around a bit (had to get rid of the ugly default haircut) and took on the trainer school, where the final teacher ended up being a real pain. Grubbin learned Mud Slap in time to be some help with Grimer but it took a while. After that I defeated the Skull grunts (that dialogue... :U) and took on Ilima. I lost the first time, but came back with a Meowth after training for a bit. He still swept through most of me team bar Rowlet who pulled through in the end. This little owl is surprisingly bulky! I explored part of Route 2 after that and then saved.

Really enjoying the game so far, the world and characters all feel really vibrant and full of life. There's lots of nice little touches here and there. It also feels a lot harder than past games, but maybe that's just because my team kinda sucks. Pichu's never gonna evolve if I keep losing.

lv 11
    lv 8
    lv 8
    lv 8
    lv 8
    lv 9

I got the thunder wave tm and taught it to Kuwagata. After that I went through the jungle and got the ingredients. After that I battled lurantis and lost the first time >.> second time battling I won and got the z crystal. Now i'm trying to find everything and so far have only found bonsly. Current team
    Kuwagata the chargabug lv 23
    Iwanu the rockruff lv 24
    Hana the fomantis lv 23
    Sandoku the salandit lv 25

All right I'm currently at Malie City Cape training up my Sandygast so it's around the same level as my Incineroar, Crabrawler and Ribombee. Once I'm done on the cape I'll head over to route 10 to work on the electric trial. Right now my team is:

Incineroar 41
    Crabrawler 41
    Ribombee 41
    Sandygast 36
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Favorite Pokemon:

Got the game today, but didn't go on the forum until now. Cuurently this is my team:
    Torracat (Meowstache) - lvl 17 (FEMALE ON FIRST TRY)
    Munchlax (Pancake) - lvl 13
    Cutiefly (Lola) - lvl 13
    Carbink (tried to call it "NotDiancie" but accidentally called it "Not" instead) - lvl 12

I just beat Hala by spamming fairy wind from Lola, then went to Ten Carat Hill and found a random Carbink. About to go to the Marina :P

Just beat the Grand Kahuna Oliva after knocking out the rest of Akala's Trials. Her Lyanroc was kinda tough to be honest. Overall really liked the trails on Akala, and I think I found where everyone of the leaders lives. Still got some pokes to catch and evolve before leaving. I also breed some litten and traded on for a Shiny Decidueye, technically my first shiny. Don't plan on using him to be honest, more then one starter kinda makes my team feel overpowered. Also snagged a japanese ditto for masuda method breeding. Not quite satisfied with my current team yet, but I'm glad I at least got a female Salandit. Really need/want a flying type.

Team:
    Lit - Torracat Lv 27
    Mocha - Lyanroc Lv 27
    Anko - Salandit Lv 28
    Leviathan - Wishiwashi Lv 26
    Bouncee - Steenee Lv 27
    Nekomamushi - Lv 25
    Pokedex: 721/721
    FC: 2122-8802-5147
    Goal: Completing Alola Dex

I have finally caught my Jangmo-o up to my team using the Litten I received (he is now a lv41 Incineroar xD; I actually want to use him as my starter when I get Moon; I'm playing Sun) and Jangmo-o has now evolved into Hakamo-o. I obtained Mudsdale PokeRide and made my way to Tapu Village and then challenged the Ghost trial. I used Mudsdale mostly for this fight (Stamina is amazing). Caught some Pokemon along the way such as Absol, Alolan Vulpix, and a female Snorunt. I did want Vulpix part of my team, but Lurantis I think is better for more balance. I have also gotten more Pokemon off the GTS using some extra Jangmo-o and got the monkeys (I couldn't find Passimen myself sadly) and a Rowlet who I will evolve to its final form soon.

Current Team:
    Primarina [Fearie]♂ lv36
    Lycanroc [Isaac]♂ lv36
    Salazzle [Fudanshi]♀ lv37
    Mudsdale [Spartan]♂ lv36
    Lurantis [Uke]♀ lv36
    Hakamo-o [Seme]♂ lv36
    Last edited by Giblie; 24th November 2016 at 12:37 AM.
    LASTEST SHINY

Shiny Treecko || MM || Modest nature || Overgrow ability 2x
    Currently Hunting: Misdreavus - SOS hunt
    //
    Possible Ultra Sun Team: All Shinies Arcanine♂ || Alolan Ninetales♀ || Lycanroc♂ || Slowbro♀ || Sceptile♂ || Mismagius?

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

Just a little bit before bed, I continued with my story quest by level grinding, particularly to raise my Flareon and Munchlax. I did so mainly on the first part of Route 11, where I caught a Shiny Raticate!
    I got my Flareon up to level 37 before taking on the electric trial. Flareon took things down singlehandedly courtesy of it's Z-move and Lava Plume. After finishing Trial 5, I immediately continued going on with the story and have recently cleared Trial 6 as well. Now it's time to get that poor little girl's yungoos back from Team Skull.

My Current Team:

Flareon (Level 42)
    Decidueye (Level 45)
    Toucannon (Level 44)
    Chargabug (Level 46)
    Snorlax (Level 35) *Event Pokemon*
    Greninja (Level 49) *From Sun and Moon demo* Also, is currently in PC until Grand Trial #3.

Credit to Satomine Night for this banner. <3

I finally caught everything in the jungle. Iwanu also evolved. Next I made my way to the next city. Current team
    Jonathan the brionne lv 25
    Kuwagata the chargabug lv 25
    Iwanu the lycanroc lv 25
    Hana the fomantis lv 25
    Sandoku the salandit lv 25

slept in hapus bed mewoth gave me awakening

got golem from npc in pokecenter

currently heading to battle tree

I really dislike the long cutscene at the beginning of the game. I've been trying since yesterday to get an Adamant Rowlet. I've pretty much given up on trying to get a Female version. Shame, as I want to get playing as soon as possible and it's getting tedious xD

So, Sun and Moon finally came out in the UK today and I'm so happy to finally get the chance to play them.

I downloaded the game from the eShop at midnight and I started the game knowing exactly who I was going to pick. I picked the female character, obviously since I'm a girl myself, and I picked Litten as my starter before battling Hau and defeating him.

After getting some PokeBalls from Professor Kukui, I caught several different Pokemon, such as Pikipek, Ledyba, Caterpie, and Yungoos before saving and then I went to bed.

As of rigt now, I'm still debating on what Pokemon I want to use on my team.

Current Team:
    Litten, LV 7

Tumblr | Matt's Secret Base | Author's Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 4871-6086-4217

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast