Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February Plot Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by pika09 View Post
    Attachment 16390

The idea of Moon being Erika's daughter is interesting, but I kinda doubt any game character would suddenly have children in this adaptation, no matter how much time has passed.
    Well, if Erika is 16 in RGBY, it’s been 20 years and she’d be 36. Moon is around 12, so Erika would have had her at age 24, maybe younger or older. So it is possible, and that’s if RGBY Gym Leader Erika was only 16! She might be older.
    Need a Kartana with a nickname

Mew:Life is like a box of chocolates, if you read the box you know exactly what you’re gonna get.

Sun nicknaming his Pokemon after currency is amusing. Moon being a medic is unexpected, but I love how Kusaka always tries to do something new. Maybe she hopes to run a Pokemon Center when she gets older? Her being an archer is really cool. The similarities to Erica are fitting with all the Kanto references the games had.

Black/White2 getting chapters again is really exciting. Being the equivalent of a third game arc I doubt it'll be able to do too much, but I am looking forward to seeing what all happens with it.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Just realized something. If Stars is the third game then maybe Hau can be the third Dex Holder and go by Stars in Adventures
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Maybe Moon is from Celadon? They never explained in the games which part of Kanto the protagonist is from so that must've left a lot of opporunities to get creative. Also, her Rotom hasn't done much to protect her so I'm guessing its sole purpose is to be used for her pokedex?

Pokespe site updated.

Nothing special, as far as I could tell from basic observation. However, ORAS was removed from the front page. That only happens when an arc is finished in the volumes.

We've never had cases where currently running arcs are collected in volumes separate from the main ones before XY, so it probably doesn't mean it won't get collected again and thus get extra material in the full volumes. Hopefully.

So I'm guessing since XY's final volume comes out this month, it'll be removed from the front page later...

Also, chapter 12 of B2W2 will be released on the 21st.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 22nd December 2016 at 11:20 AM.

Well, Moon is described as seemingly distrustful of Pokemon.

However, when she wanted to say the reason was interrupted by Sun and Tapu Koko...

And Moon will give professor Kukui the goods is Rotom.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Just realized something. If Stars is the third game then maybe Hau can be the third Dex Holder and go by Stars in Adventures
    Possibly. They would have to hold off on showing him as acharacter for a while though. Unless Stars would be a yet to be revealed last/middle name for Hau

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanPokedex View Post
    Possibly. They would have to hold off on showing him as acharacter for a while though. Unless Stars would be a yet to be revealed last/middle name for Hau
    I think either Kukui will keep Popplio or Hau will get it but get the Wally/Cheren/Bianca treatment if they end up making an original character named Stars (i.e. hand over his Pokedex and starter)

What a hilarious chapter. Sun's Meowth is named Dollar, and it doesn't get along with En (Yen). I love this arc already.

I think I will love Sun!! because x and lack-two don't convice me as male protagonists. Sorry I don't like them really . Sun's team will be a cat team
    Maybe moon is erika'sdaughter ( is crazy theory) XD
    The king and his queen

So I finally get to see the real deal Moon in action in some media. Noice, I'm totally onboard with the idea of her having a connection to Erika, the leader of the good gym leaders from Kanto. Medic and archer in one, sounds cool, but then again PokeSpe always hands it's female characters action goals or quest unlike most media. We already know Moon gets the owl thanks to the pattern, I want to see Sun money hunger in action. I want some spoiled, con like action coming from him. It'll be a nice change of pace after X's coldness.

Quote Originally Posted by 4de_92 View Post
    I think I will love Sun!! because x and lack-two don't convice me as male protagonists. Sorry I don't like them really . Sun's team will be a cat team
    Maybe moon is erika'sdaughter ( is crazy theory) XD
    Perhaps she is related to Erika in some way. Aside from the archery thing, Moon said her current clothes aren't what she is used to usually wear. Maybe she is talking about a kimono.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Saturday View Post
    So I finally get to see the real deal Moon in action in some media. Noice, I'm totally onboard with the idea of her having a connection to Erika, the leader of the good gym leaders from Kanto. Medic and archer in one, sounds cool, but then again PokeSpe always hands it's female characters action goals or quest unlike most media. We already know Moon gets the owl thanks to the pattern, I want to see Sun money hunger in action. I want some spoiled, con like action coming from him. It'll be a nice change of pace after X's coldness.
    Not too sure if Sun's a conman. He seems like he's out to make his money honestly, and the people of Hau'oli know him and like him.

And as for the Erika thing, it's possible that Moon learned archery from her, but one thing that kinda throws a wrench in that theory is that Erika is clearly a practitioner of kyudo (traditional Japanese archery) while Moon's bow is doesn't look like a kyudo one.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

What's all this about Moon possibly being related to Erika? Where did this come from? I'm so late to the party. I think it's cool if it's true. Erika's my favorite Kanto Gym Leader so if the awesomeness of Moon/Glovehead is related to Erika in anyway then that is just wonderful. But where is the connection? Help ole Platinum Fan out.
    RIP anime version of Glovehead. Pokemon Adventures will save you.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    What's all this about Moon possibly being related to Erika? Where did this come from? I'm so late to the party. I think it's cool if it's true. Erika's my favorite Kanto Gym Leader so if the awesomeness of Moon/Glovehead is related to Erika in anyway then that is just wonderful. But where is the connection? Help ole Platinum Fan out.
    What we know about Moon so far is that she's not from Alola and that she uses Pokeball-tipped arrows. Who else in the series has used Pokeball-tipped arrows before? Erika from Kanto, which is where the player character in SM came from before moving to Alola. Hence the theory that Moon came from Kanto and used to be Erika's student/apprentice of sorts.

What we know about Moon so far is that she's not from Alola and that she uses Pokeball-tipped arrows. Who else in the series has used Pokeball-tipped arrows before? Erika from Kanto, which is where the player character in SM came from before moving to Alola. Hence the theory that Moon came from Kanto and used to be Erika's student/apprentice of sorts.
    The fact that Moon is an herbalist and have Rowlet (Grass-Type) an her starter doesn't help disprove anything.
    Teams:

How old was Erika in her first appearance? She'd have to be a bit older to have a child Moon's age, whatever that is.

If Erika was around Red's age in her debut, SM would have be around a decade after a more recent arc.

HGSS/ORAS would put her at 19 or so, assuming she's the age of the Kanto Dex holders, so that would be too early.

And her using a bow doesn't mean she has to be Erika's daughter. Didn't Brawly use Bruno's nunchaku in RS? She could have just learned from Erika.

Moon could not be Erika's daughter (at most as her disciple) since PMSP's character relationship basically followed the game. (PMSP does have a lot of original settings, but this does not affect it follow the character relationship with the game.)

And at the first time there were some people who thought Sun and Moon were brother and sister. However Kusaka as clearly a male and female protagonist shipper all along W (Red and Yellow shipping is the exception, since Yellow is the original character of Kusaka and as one of female protagonist in PMSP.)
    Last edited by e9310103838; 24th December 2016 at 5:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Moon could not be Erika's daughter (at most as her disciple) since PMSP's character relationship basically followed the game. (PMSP does have a lot of original settings, but this does not affect it follow the character relationship with the game.)

And at the first time there were some people who thought Sun and Moon were brother and sister. However Kusaka as clearly a male and female protagonist shipper all along W (Red and Yellow shipping is the exception, since Yellow is the original character of Kusaka and as one of female protagonist in PMSP.)
    Kusaka still is a male and female protagonist shipper. FRLG was a nod of him exploring Red x Blue more seriously and served to characterize all the characters involved as flawed individuals. He even dropped a hint for Red's Vee and Blue's Ditty being together at the end of Emerald, along with the tiny shiptease of ORAS where Blue is on top of Red trying to wake him up. So it can actually go either or.
    Kusaka hasn't said anything about Specialshipping being canon and never has.
    Last edited by Ryousha; 24th December 2016 at 9:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViolentTomboy View Post
    And as for the Erika thing, it's possible that Moon learned archery from her, but one thing that kinda throws a wrench in that theory is that Erika is clearly a practitioner of kyudo (traditional Japanese archery) while Moon's bow is doesn't look like a kyudo one.
    Hm...well it's entirely possible Moon could have her own style? Or Kusaka isn't sticking so super closely to archery style. Honestly, chances are there is no relation to Erika but if there it would be real sweet. Pokespe is known for playing by its own rules most of the time and generally steps outside of territory like this in a few ways. I do hope there is some explanation on why Moon is proficient in pharmacy and archery.

I'd think that Erika was at least 18 in her debut, so she should be in her 30s by now, making her old enough to have an 11 years old daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    I'd think that Erika was at least 18 in her debut, so she should be in her 30s by now, making her old enough to have an 11 years old daughter.
    I don't think she had a kid that early in her life. She wasn't that much older than Misty and in GSC with Yamamoto's art style, it makes it clear that she isn't that old.

I do think that Erika can be a teacher or her instructor, or perhaps someone who just taught her how to use the bow and arrow.

I see. Well now that I'm all caught up I'm loving Moon even more now. A Archer? I want her to catch her Pokemon with bows and arrows. Let Alola know that Glovemoon had arrived. See what I did there? Glovehead+Moon? Anyway The SM chapters really look interesting I want to follow the series as much as I can. I can't wait to see what Sun and Moon do next. The interactions of them reminds me of the DPPt chapters which I love.
    RIP anime version of Glovehead. Pokemon Adventures will save you.

Karubi posted the final back cover for XY volume 6.

It's pretty much a recreation of the final chapter's cover. I almost thought they just took it and colored it in.

So I guess this means that the Gym Leaders, Diantha, and Lysandre would most likely be the backcovers for the full volumes (unless Yamamoto gets lazy.....). I hope those won't take until 2019 to be released or something.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast