Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February Plot Discussion

Apologies for my absence again but things have been a bit busy.

Picked up both Vol.6 of XY and Ichiban:

Ichiban:
    Guzma isn't too happy that his Grunts were left scurrying away by a kid, and gets Pyukumuku to hit them in the face. He wants everyone to get ready for the festival the next day, where they will be at the Grill Slowpoke Tail stall. He looks forward to meeting the kid himself.

Meanwhile, Sun hurries away on Tauros, only to realize that he hasn't taken the goods from Moon for delivery. Moon reveals that Rotom and herself are the goods, and freaks when Sun 'picks' her up literally. They reach Hau'oli, and one of the ladies gives a flower ring to Moon, only to freak her out when she realizes that it is the Pokemon Comfey. Sun bursts out laughing, and also reveals that Kukui gave him both the Dex and En. Sun then steps on his injured foot, causing him to wince in pain, and Moon decides to heal him by taking out her medicinal cabinet, containing powdered club of Cubone's, Miracle Seed, and Honey. Sun is shocked to learn that she is a pharmacist/herbalist, and Moon still needs a spicy flavor Berry. She sees a Figy tree nearby, but it is now crowded with Pikipeks. She takes out a bow and arrow, and after startling the birds off with her first shot, shoots down a Figy Berry with a second shot. Sun gets his Meowth, nicknamed Dollar to retrieve it, and Moon sees how nonchalant it is. Sun reveals that Dollar only acts differently in battles. Moon successfully takes away Sun's pain with her medicinal paste, and seems to explain something in her past which makes her reluctant to depend on Pokemon, but the conversation is cut short by the sudden appearance by Tapu Koko.

Dollar and En immediately start cat-fighting when they see each other, and things are starting to look grim. However, Sun manages to distract Tapu Koko with En's Ember, and gets Dollar to deliver a Pay Day, which Tapu Koko defends by retreating into its armor. The guardian then flies away, leaving behind a Sparkling Stone. The two soon arrive at Kukui's, but Moon is greeted by him flying out and landing in the sand in front of her, after he has been practicing with Rowlet and Popplio. Meanwhile, Hala, Olivia and Nanu have gathered, and discuss about the abnormal rise in sightings of the Tapus in all four islands, which imply that the deities may be angry about something...

===================================

B2W2:
    A rather light chapter dealing with the Autumn Festival's singing competition. Each class is assigned with a species of Pokemon, and tries to overcome to other team with sound-based moves. Bianca becomes emotional because one group of boys chant the same victory phrase Black always says, but Bianca knows that someone else (White) is obviously suffering more. Hugh's sister visits, which makes him act humble unlike his usual self, and Leo is become infatuated. This somehow alters their voice (making them sound better), and the class powers through their opponents with their Jigglypuffs. In the finals, up against the very powerful Sawsbucks, the class nearly falls asleep to Grass Whistle, but Dewott wakes them by beating up a beat. The Jigglupuffs eventually win by a Hyper Voice. Roxie is extremely pleased and decides to give them an entry ticket to another singing competition at Castelia. She explains that father is the captain of the ship from Virbank to Castelia, and mentions something about repaying Lack-two and Whi-two (the classmates wonder exactly what they did for Roxie). Anyway, the true purpose behind Lack-two's actions is to chase after two Sages who have been spotted at the Castelia Sewers...

=================================

As for XY Volume 6, there is not much changes that I can see at the moment but they did reveal something interesting at the end regarding the abilities of the team we don't know:

Marisso: Overgrow
    Salame: Blaze (Tough Claws)
    Kanga: Scrappy (Parental Bond)
    Elec: Lightningrod (Intimidate)
    Garma: Levitate (Shadow Tag)
    Rute: Hyper Cutter (Aerilate)

Croaky: Battle Bond
    Fletchy: Flame Body
    Rhyrhy: Rock Head
    Veevee: Cute Charm
    Solsol: Super Luck (Magic Bounce)
    Xerxer: Fairy Aura

Tierno's Crawdaunt: Shell Armor
    Shauna's Skitty: Normalize
    Trevor's Floette: Flower Veil

Yup, Y's Croaky has Battle Bond, so I assume they might showcase Ash-Greninja in the actual volumes. Shauna's Skitty should not have Normalize though, otherwise its Play Rough and Feint Attack should not have hit Celosia's ghost swords. They also have a page dedicated to Zygarde. Nothing much new except a silhouette of Complete Forme, and the question that 'Zygarde seems to have a role even beyond that of a Watcher?'

Coronis~

Interesting. Wonder why Hapu wasnt at the meeting with the other three?
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Battle Bond ? Oh interesting. I know they will not easily miss the transformation XD

And are there any references to Rute, Rhyrhy, Solsol, Crawdaunt, and Skitty's gender?

---------------------

The titles:

Charizard, Change (リザードン、化わる)

Yveltal, Seize (イベルタル、奪う )

Mewtwo, Rage (ミュウツー、怒る )

Zygarde, Violent (ジガルデ、猛る)

Xerneas, Give (ゼルネアス、与える)

Épilogue
    Last edited by e9310103838; 28th December 2016 at 6:52 PM.

Oh my godddd. Y's Greninja has the Battle Bond ability! While I'm iffy about any mention of Ash in PokeSpe, I'd happily take this chance to see Y play a major role in the final battle! I always felt that she didn't get to do much in the final showdown (then again, it's a tradition for the female protagonists in PokeSpe...), guess they're saving it for the volumes? Let's hope X doesn't take this moment from her too, he's done more than enough already.

Hapu isn't at the meeting because she isn't technically a Kahuna yet according to the games. Her grandfather who was the previous Kahuna died some time ago and the position is currently vacant.

Anyway, the two most interesting images from this volume:
    Zygarde Complete's silhouette
    The XY team charts (unfortunately we don't know the genders)

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 28th December 2016 at 7:28 PM.

Normalize could still work if Korrina's Lucario had been waiting in ambush the entire time and had used Foresight from the get-go.

And wow, I'm assuming we're going to see Ash-or-whatever-Greninja in the SM chapter!
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Why do they have to mention Ash? Y can just come up with another term when her Greninja transforms

Feel free to add me

Why do we even need that stupid ability in PokeSpe? Why not have just goddamm Torrent like any Water-Starter? I hate that frog so much....
    Teams:

I wonder what Battle Bond Croaky would look like then? Would it look like its trainer... or would it look like Ash?

It should by all intents and purposes look like Y.

But it makes me wonder. Would Y's current hair style affect Croaky's appearance? Would it have long blond hair if Y's hair was never cut?

Would Greninja's color change to black and red? Ash was wearing mostly blue, so his Greninja didn't need to change color.

I will never understand why they couldn't just name it "Battle Bond Greninja", "Battle Greninja" or "Bond Greninja". Ash-Greninja is such a dumb name for something that is now canon across the anime, manga and games.

I really hope they rename it in Generation 8.

Now that Battle Bond's confirmed, I wonder which arc we'll get to see Ash-Greninja (Y-Greninja?) debut. The concept was first introduced in the anime's XYZ arc, but as a game mechanic it was introduced in the SM games. I wouldn't mind seeing it in either the XY arc (because Y needed to do more in the final battle) or the SM arc (because I'd like to see X and Y again, plus we have a valid excuse with Zygarde and Mega Evo I guess). Either way, it looks like we'll be waiting a while for this to happen though (darn it, BW2!)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfree View Post
    I will never understand why they couldn't just name it "Battle Bond Greninja", "Battle Greninja" or "Bond Greninja". Ash-Greninja is such a dumb name for something that is now canon across the anime, manga and games.

I really hope they rename it in Generation 8.
    It's Ash-Greninja because it was made specifically for the anime. It's for Ash and his Greninja. The only problem I have with it is that the name clearly took a whole five seconds of effort to come up with. I guess that's why Bonnie was the one who came up with it.

And it's not "canon" to the games. It's event-only. The demo is not canon to the events of SM. If it was, then we should assume that Ash gave away his Pikachu given the Pikachu in a cap event that it's the data for XY.

As for Pokespe, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by pika09 View Post
    Now that Battle Bond's confirmed, I wonder which arc we'll get to see Ash-Greninja (Y-Greninja?) debut. The concept was first introduced in the anime's XYZ arc, but as a game mechanic it was introduced in the SM games. I wouldn't mind seeing it in either the XY arc (because Y needed to do more in the final battle) or the SM arc (because I'd like to see X and Y again, plus we have a valid excuse with Zygarde and Mega Evo I guess). Either way, it looks like we'll be waiting a while for this to happen though (darn it, BW2!)
    SM is the most likely.

I honestly can't see how much the final battle of XY could be extended outside of more panels of fighting.

The only other option is adding Zygarde's other Formes into the mix, and that would require a lot of changes. Plus, if Lysandre had access to Complete Zygarde, he may as well have won.

And given that Croaky was busy helping Trevor while Y was fighting Lysandre with X, that would require scenes of it running to help, transforming, and helping in whatever way it could, and that's going to also require a lot of changes.

Also, speaking of the Pikachu in a cap event, fun fact: apparently Kusaka predicted Z-Moves.

The Japanese name for Thunderbolt is 100,000 Volts (Juuman Boruto). The attack Yellow used to defeat Lance was the Pokespe-exclusive (I think) Megavolt, which is 1,000,000 Volts (Hyakuman Boruto) in Japanese.

The Pikachu in a cap event has an exclusive Z-Move, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, which is 10,000,000 Volts (Senman Boruto) in Japanese.

Will Yellow show up in SM to show off that move? Or will she go further and bring it up to 100,000,000? (How does one write 100,000,000 in Japanese, anyway?)
    Last edited by lolipiece; 29th December 2016 at 6:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It's Ash-Greninja because it was made specifically for the anime. It's for Ash and his Greninja. The only problem I have with it is that the name clearly took a whole five seconds of effort to come up with. I guess that's why Bonnie was the one who came up with it.

And it's not "canon" to the games. It's event-only. The demo is not canon to the events of SM. If it was, then we should assume that Ash gave away his Pikachu given the Pikachu in a cap event that it's the data for XY.

As for Pokespe, who knows.

SM is the most likely.

I honestly can't see how much the final battle of XY could be extended outside of more panels of fighting.

The only other option is adding Zygarde's other Formes into the mix, and that would require a lot of changes. Plus, if Lysandre had access to Complete Zygarde, he may as well have won.

And given that Croaky was busy helping Trevor while Y was fighting Lysandre with X, that would require scenes of it running to help, transforming, and helping in whatever way it could, and that's going to also require a lot of changes.

Also, speaking of the Pikachu in a cap event, fun fact: apparently Kusaka predicted Z-Moves.

The Japanese name for Thunderbolt is 100,000 Volts (Juuman Boruto). The attack Yellow used to defeat Lance was the Pokespe-exclusive (I think) Megavolt, which is 1,000,000 Volts (Hyakuman Boruto) in Japanese.

The Pikachu in a cap event has an exclusive Z-Move, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, which is 10,000,000 Volts (Senman Boruto) in Japanese.

Will Yellow show up in SM to show off that move? Or will she go further and bring it up to 100,000,000? (How does one write 100,000,000 in Japanese, anyway?)
    What about Gold's Pichu move he used to defeat Pryce? Thunder Rising Dragon or something like that?
    Teams:

SM is the most likely.

But don't they add a bunch of new scenes in the volume versions of the final battles all the time? (DP, HGSS, BW, etc.) Since we're still waiting for BW2 to finish and it'd take a long while for XY to get integrated in the numbered volumes Kusaka and Yamamoto have plenty of time to add a bunch of new material and have Y and Croaky help out a little more.

Heh. Now that we're talking about the possibility of cameos, we might as well have the Kanto and Kalos Dex Holders appear in SM. Y (and X) are a possibility now thanks to Battle Bond, and lolipiece just pointed out the connection between Megavolt and Z-moves, so Yellow could appear (since she hasn't yet) and showcase Ash-Pikachu (Yellow-Pikachu?). Heck, Red and Green can make another appearance (though not all that likely) since they were in the games.

I wonder if Kusaka and Yamamoto have anything planned for PokeSpe's 20th anniversary. We just had the artbook featuring the 19 Dex Holders this year, and the SM arc had just started for anything meaningful to happen so far... maybe a commemorative artwork or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    What about Gold's Pichu move he used to defeat Pryce? Thunder Rising Dragon or something like that?
    Super Rising Thunder.

That's actually taken from the TCG, from a Raikou card that had the attack "Rising Thunder."

I wouldn't consider that a "Z-Move" given that Pichu was stated to used electricity it absorbed from Raikou to do that.

Given how Yellow's powers work, it's pretty similar to Z-Power and the like, minus the being fueled by Ultra Wormholes or whatever.

But don't they add a bunch of new scenes in the volume versions of the final battles all the time? (DP, HGSS, BW, etc.) Since we're still waiting for BW2 to finish and it'd take a long while for XY to get integrated in the numbered volumes Kusaka and Yamamoto have plenty of time to add a bunch of new material and have Y and Croaky help out a little more.
    Yes, they do add scenes, but never have they added so much to the level of what you're suggesting. Though since XY is the first arc since RS to have an actual ending in the magazines, I don't know...

I wonder if Kusaka and Yamamoto have anything planned for PokeSpe's 20th anniversary. We just had the artbook featuring the 19 Dex Holders this year, and the SM arc had just started for anything meaningful to happen so far... maybe a commemorative artwork or something?
    They are. They're doing some sort of fan meeting soon, but I don't think anyone's actually translated anything related to the 20th anniversary.

Super Rising Thunder.

That's actually taken from the TCG, from a Raikou card that had the attack "Rising Thunder."

I wouldn't consider that a "Z-Move" given that Pichu was stated to used electricity it absorbed from Raikou to do that.

Given how Yellow's powers work, it's pretty similar to Z-Power and the like, minus the being fueled by Ultra Wormholes or whatever.
    But the move (Rising Thunder) has been said to actually be the electric type ultra skill - Volt Tackle. I do not see much chance that it was changed to the Z move again, but maybe 10,000,00 Volt Thunderbolt does it.

We also need someone to show Castatropika... Oh.

Yes, they do add scenes, but never have they added so much to the level of what you're suggesting. Though since XY is the first arc since RS to have an actual ending in the magazines, I don't know...
    In fact we have a great opportunity to get major changes, since many Mega Evolution (and Volcanion, Battle Chatelaine. Maybe in ORAS, though) have not been shown...

They are. They're doing some sort of fan meeting soon, but I don't think anyone's actually translated anything related to the 20th anniversary.
    At present there is no major planning (in addition to the fan meeting in Japan), but I think they have been in the planning. I dare say there may be the popular characters vote activity.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 29th December 2016 at 12:55 PM.

What kind of magazine ending did RS have anyway? And what did the volume version add?

Well, guess we'll find out what will be added to XY's volumes in 1-3 years *sob* Right now I'm more worried over whether Yamamoto will redraw the covers though, I still can't get over volume 41's cover.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post

At present there is no major planning (in addition to the fan meeting in Japan), but I think they have been in the planning. I dare say there may be the popular characters vote activity.
    Aah, I didn't consider the possibility of another popularity poll! Ugh, Red better not win again if that happens.... -_- I'd rather see Ruby win than him, though I'd love it if the newer Dex Holders manage to place in the top 10.
    Last edited by pika09; 29th December 2016 at 1:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    But the move (Rising Thunder) has been said to actually be the electric type ultra skill - Volt Tackle. I do not see much chance that it was changed to the Z move again, but maybe 10,000,00 Volt Thunderbolt does it.

We also need someone to show Castatropika... Oh.
    Right, right. I wonder if Catastropika shows up, they'll reference Super Rising Thunder.

In fact we have a great opportunity to get major changes, since many Mega Evolution (and Volcanion, Battle Chatelaine. Maybe in ORAS, though) have not been shown...
    Yeah, but I don't expect them to play major roles.

Well, it has been five years since the last one. Even if it took until 2013 for that chapter to come out.

You'd think the Pokemon Company would do something special for this occasion. But Pokemon manga are largely ignored as usual.

Still hoping for some sort of OVA, though.

What kind of magazine ending did RS have anyway? And what did the volume version add?
    It was exactly the same. Down to the Giovanni FRLG set-up and the end.

Aah, I didn't consider the possibility of another popularity poll! Ugh, Red better not win again if that happens.... -_- I'd rather see Ruby win than him, though I'd love it if the newer Dex Holders manage to place in the top 10.
    Number 1 will be Red, because this fandom is boring like that, unfortunately.

Well, it has been five years since the last one. Even if it took until 2013 for that chapter to come out.

You'd think the Pokemon Company would do something special for this occasion. But Pokemon manga are largely ignored as usual.

Still hoping for some sort of OVA, though.
    Isn't the official Pokemon website finally noticing PokeSpe a bit by putting it on its front page a few times? I hope that meant they're finally acknowledging it or something.

I'm never really hoping for a full-length anime since that's downright impossible, but, heck, I'd take even 5-minute shorts like Generations. I just want to finally have canon voices for the kids.

It was exactly the same. Down to the Giovanni FRLG set-up and the end.
    Darn it. Eh well, still hoping for new material in the volumes though.

Number 1 will be Red, because this fandom is boring like that, unfortunately.
    Ugh. I bet the usual suspects of Red/Gold/Ruby/Yellow will still be in the top 4. Then the rest will be a free-for-all battle.

Since Satoshi means wisdom or something along those lines, I can probably force myself to see it as some kind of enlightened Greninja, but when I actually read the thing in English I don't think I can force myself to do that.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Speaking of the Pikachu line, wonder if Sun or Moon will get an Alolan Raichu? I get the feeling Kusaka wants Pikachu and Raichu's exclusive Z moves to be showcased by Dex Holders.

Feel free to add me

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Speaking of the Pikachu line, wonder if Sun or Moon will get an Alolan Raichu? I get the feeling Kusaka wants Pikachu and Raichu's exclusive Z moves to be showcased by Dex Holders.
    Maybe Pikachu. Raichu has never really been a mascot. I can see them giving it to Hau as he has one in the game.

Yamamoto puts a new color picture screenshot in his Twitter.

49a75b4a20a446238110e30a9122720e0df3d7012.jpg

I think this should be the picture to be released in somewhere the near future.

http://i.imgur.com/7mqEkSA.jpg

for the 1500x500 resolution. So sad that twitter crops it all off.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast