Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110
Results 2,726 to 2,739 of 2739

Thread: The Pokemon Anime Versus Thread

  1. #2726
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    6,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    How do you know what the "gap" between normal legendaries and higher lvl legendaries even is?
    You're the one calling Articuno a "lower level" legendary, so how do you know? Perhaps a ME/Primal boost difference.

    Literally 1 of those factors actually did. Trainer battles duh -.-. MC-X vs MM got prematurely interrupted so yeah I do. Don't worry I stopped taking you seriously the moment you said "Chairzard has no cap". That "sort of a close fight" was good enough to take Alain to a higher stage of battling (and this was after he beat Malva) as far as he was concerned so I'll take his opinion over yours .
    At least two. Apparently you failed to grasp an obviously metaphorical line in favor of an strangely specific, more assuming literal line ("Among my actual completed trainer battles, A-G took me higher"). LOL.

    It isn't that hard when assessing his delta performance from early Johto to late Johto.
    Good, then it's surprising you still think your beloved frog is "decisively better."

    Cool at least he didn't get owned by 3 Shadow Balls from literal grunt Pokémon.
    I've never seen a more desperate, reaching argument. Guess with this #logic, those grunt Pokemon can battle Enteis and Articunos. Let's be real, A-G is cool, but all he has are good efforts, and a win over a rookie's Mega Sceptile. That doesn't make him "decisively better" than a much more experienced, victorious, and uncapped/reverently depicted Charizard.

  2. #2727
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waterloo ON CA
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navin View Post

    At least two. Apparently you failed to grasp an obviously metaphorical line in favor of an strangely specific, more assuming literal line ("Among my actual completed trainer battles, A-G took me higher"). LOL.



    Good, then it's surprising you still think your beloved frog is "decisively better."



    I've never seen a more desperate, reaching argument. Guess with this #logic, those grunt Pokemon can battle Enteis and Articunos. Let's be real, A-G is cool, but all he has are good efforts, and a win over a rookie's Mega Sceptile. That doesn't make him "decisively better" than a much more experienced, victorious, and uncapped/reverently depicted Charizard.
    Only Pikachu's assistance factored into making the battle closer. Cool except he also talks about IA-G giving him the kind of battle he's been longing for in XYZ 23. I'll take his words over your headcannon lol. Never said completed battles (just battles that have progressed by a certain amount).

    Yeah A-G is decisively better (I know variable rate of change calculations are over your head med boy so don't stress out over not getting it).

    Dude the writers flat-out depicted a serious Charizard getting owned by 3 Shadow Balls from literal grunt Pokémon. I don't acknowledge the BW we witnessed as the true BW but you do so you are forced to accept and deal with what was depcited. If you have a problem with that then talk to the writers about it but till then the Lizard gets wrecked by Champion lvl Shadow Balls.

    EDIT: maybe what this really means is that Charizard got rusty cuz he was too busy "breeding" with Charla to bother training and he was actually weaker than his BF self. Just a thought (it really sucks to be you or anyone else that considers our BW canon ).
    Last edited by Genaller; Today at 12:11 AM.
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

    (Ash-)Greninja > Peakachu ~ Charizard > Sceptile ~ (Blaze) Infernape > Snorlax > Krookodile > Bulbasaur > Heracross > Swellow (this is Ash's TOP 10 though after this point it admittedly gets way too subjective to do a straight up ranking).

    "My ideals will shatter the truth of this world!"

  3. #2728
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Seto Kaiba vs Paul vs Vegeta vs Sasuke Uchiha vs Hiei

    Rank each character in cool factor

    • Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)
    • Paul (Pokemon Diamond & Pearl)
    • Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z/Super)
    • Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto/Shippuden/Boruto)
    • Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)





  4. #2729
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navin View Post
    You're the one calling Articuno a "lower level" legendary, so how do you know? Perhaps a ME/Primal boost difference.
    So we have to take your word as fact? If the Artucuno in BF can be beaten by BF Charizard then it was not that strong as the start. And to use your words how do you know?

  5. #2730
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waterloo ON CA
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    Seto Kaiba vs Paul vs Vegeta vs Sasuke Uchiha vs Hiei

    Rank each character in cool factor

    • Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)
    • Paul (Pokemon Diamond & Pearl)
    • Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z/Super)
    • Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto/Shippuden/Boruto)
    • Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
    1. Sasuke
    2. Paul
    3. Vegeta
    4. Kaiba
    5. Hiei
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

    (Ash-)Greninja > Peakachu ~ Charizard > Sceptile ~ (Blaze) Infernape > Snorlax > Krookodile > Bulbasaur > Heracross > Swellow (this is Ash's TOP 10 though after this point it admittedly gets way too subjective to do a straight up ranking).

    "My ideals will shatter the truth of this world!"

  6. #2731
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    Seto Kaiba vs Paul vs Vegeta vs Sasuke Uchiha vs Hiei

    Rank each character in cool factor

    • Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)
    • Paul (Pokemon Diamond & Pearl)
    • Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z/Super)
    • Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto/Shippuden/Boruto)
    • Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
    1. Vegeta
    2. Sasuke
    3. Paul
    4. Seto
    5. Hiei

  7. #2732
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Hunter J vs Frieza vs Cyrus vs Johan Liebert vs Orochimaru vs Marik Ishtar vs Light Yagami vs The Major

    Rank each character in evil factor

    • Hunter J (Pokemon Diamond & Pearl)
    • Frieza (Dragon Ball Z/Super)
    • Cyrus (Pokemon Diamond & Pearl)
    • Johan Liebert (Monster)
    • Orochimaru (Naruto/Shippuden/Boruto)
    • Yami Marik (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)
    • Light Yagami (Death Note)
    • The Major (Hellsing)
    Last edited by PokemonBattleFanatic-; Today at 12:45 AM.





  8. #2733
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    6,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Only Pikachu's assistance factored into making the battle closer. Cool except he also talks about IA-G giving him the kind of battle he's been longing for in XYZ 23. I'll take his words over your headcannon lol. Never said completed battles (just battles that have progressed by a certain amount).
    If you know how your opponent battles, then that gives you an automatic leg-up as opposed to having zero clue as to what they're going to do. Why is that so hard to grasp?

    Headcannon? Were you blind to the underlying character arc for Alain leading up to that battle, that they hammered home during that battle? Are you seriously going to claim he was being literal, but didn't include Mega Metagross or Primal Groudon because he was talking about "battles progressed by a certain amount"? Awfully vague and convenient assumption right there.

    Yeah A-G is decisively better (I know variable rate of change calculations are over your head med boy so don't stress out over not getting it).
    Whatever you say, fanboy. (Pssh that's stuff we needed to know just to get accepted)

    Dude the writers flat-out depicted a serious Charizard getting owned by 3 Shadow Balls from literal grunt Pokémon. I don't acknowledge the BW we witnessed as the true BW but you do so you are forced to accept and deal with what was depcited. If you have a problem with that then talk to the writers about it but till then the Lizard gets wrecked by Champion lvl Shadow Balls.EDIT: maybe what this really means is that Charizard got rusty cuz he was too busy "breeding" with Charla to bother training and is he was actually weaker than his BF self. Just a thought (it really sucks to be you or anyone else that considers our BW canon ).
    Reflect upon how stupid you sound to try and force this "Grunt Shadow Ball" #logic to discredit Charizard despite the fact that he's obviously taken way more damage in countless battles beforehand and still came out on top. No **** Gardevoir's Shadow Balls would hurt more, but Charizard isn't going to be body-blocking for Ash, and would obviously dodge/counter with a commanded move.

  9. #2734
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navin View Post
    If you know how your opponent battles, then that gives you an automatic leg-up as opposed to having zero clue as to what they're going to do. Why is that so hard to grasp?

    Headcannon? Were you blind to the underlying character arc for Alain leading up to that battle, that they hammered home during that battle? Are you seriously going to claim he was being literal, but didn't include Mega Metagross or Primal Groudon because he was talking about "battles progressed by a certain amount"? Awfully vague and convenient assumption right there.



    Whatever you say, fanboy. (Pssh that's stuff we needed to know just to get accepted)



    Reflect upon how stupid you sound to try and force this "Grunt Shadow Ball" #logic to discredit Charizard despite the fact that he's obviously taken way more damage in countless battles beforehand and still came out on top. No **** Gardevoir's Shadow Balls would hurt more, but Charizard isn't going to be body-blocking for Ash, and would obviously dodge/counter with a commanded move.
    If the weaker shadow balls hurt Charizard that bad, then hes going down fast when fighting Gardevoir and Greninja was able to take them a lot better.

  10. #2735
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waterloo ON CA
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navin View Post
    If you know how your opponent battles, then that gives you an automatic leg-up as opposed to having zero clue as to what they're going to do. Why is that so hard to grasp?

    Headcannon? Were you blind to the underlying character arc for Alain leading up to that battle, that they hammered home during that battle? Are you seriously going to claim he was being literal, but didn't include Mega Metagross or Primal Groudon because he was talking about "battles progressed by a certain amount"? Awfully vague and convenient assumption right there.



    Whatever you say, fanboy. (Pssh that's stuff we needed to know just to get accepted)



    Reflect upon how stupid you sound to try and force this "Grunt Shadow Ball" #logic to discredit Charizard despite the fact that he's obviously taken way more damage in countless battles beforehand and still came out on top. No **** Gardevoir's Shadow Balls would hurt more, but Charizard isn't going to be body-blocking for Ash, and would obviously dodge/counter with a commanded move.
    And why is it so hard to understand that it's the same for MC-X?

    Yes I am signifncalty visually impaired (since birth). Not really there's a substantial difference between trainer battles and wild battles and like I said MC-X vs MM never really "got off the ground" as a battle (more a sparring season than anything else) so there wasn't enough time for Alain to feel "pushed". His words >>> your's

    Wait they test medies on modeling and solving Partial Differential Equations? Ohh I get it.. nice 1 man XD!!

    A serious Charizard that was on guard got owned by 3 Shadow Balls from literal grunt Pokémon. Yeah you can't wiggle your way out of that. Honestly the fact that he blocked for Ash instead of countered with a move sjust hows what an idiot he was since even Pignite could think of that by himself and it doesn't change that he had his guard up but still got owned. Nah rapid fire Shadow Ball from a God-speed Champion Ace is eventually going it nail the Lizard and when it does he is F***ed (blame the writers).
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

    (Ash-)Greninja > Peakachu ~ Charizard > Sceptile ~ (Blaze) Infernape > Snorlax > Krookodile > Bulbasaur > Heracross > Swellow (this is Ash's TOP 10 though after this point it admittedly gets way too subjective to do a straight up ranking).

    "My ideals will shatter the truth of this world!"

  11. #2736
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    And why is it so hard to understand that it's the same for MC-X?

    Yes I am signifncalty visually impaired (since birth). Not really there's a substantial difference between trainer battles and wild battles and like I said MC-X vs MM never really "got off the ground" as a battle (more a sparring season than anything else) so there wasn't enough time for Alain to feel "pushed". His words >>> your's

    Wait they test medies on modeling and solving Partial Differential Equations? Ohh I get it.. nice 1 man XD!!

    A serious Charizard that was on guard got owned by 3 Shadow Balls from literal grunt Pokémon. Yeah you can't wiggle your way out of that. Honestly the fact that he blocked for Ash instead of countered with a move sjust hows what an idiot he was since even Pignite could think of that by himself and it doesn't change that he had his guard up but still got owned. Nah rapid fire Shadow Ball from a God-speed Champion Ace is eventually going it nail the Lizard and when it does he is F***ed (blame the writers).
    I think the same. Your cool.

  12. #2737
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    6,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    And why is it so hard to understand that it's the same for MC-X?
    Sure, but considering how MCX trounced A-G earlier, it's helping A-G more. Regardless, having that know-how and experience will naturally accrue advantages that can drag a battle longer. Combined that with the other reasons, it makes sense why A-G was able to last for a while, and yet, he still lost in a way that wasn't that close either.

    Yes I am signifncalty visually impaired (since birth). Not really there's a substantial difference between trainer battles and wild battles and like I said MC-X vs MM never really "got off the ground" as a battle (more a sparring season than anything else) so there wasn't enough time for Alain to feel "pushed". His words >>> your's
    Think about how many assumptions you're making. Only talking about trainer battles (despite Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon, 50% Zygarde pushing MCX unlike anything before) or only talking about battles that "got off the ground" (despite MCX exploding into a cliff, apparently that's not enough to feel "pushed"). Oh hey, what about how Siebold destroyed Alain? Or even the fact that his own statement is contradicted visually by Mega Houndoom faring better than A-G.

    It's painstakingly obvious he meant that the battle lifted him metaphorically.

    A serious Charizard that was on guard got owned by 3 Shadow Balls from literal grunt Pokémon. Yeah you can't wiggle your way out of that. Honestly the fact that he blocked for Ash instead of countered with a move sjust hows what an idiot he was since even Pignite could think of that by himself and it doesn't change that he had his guard up but still got owned. Nah rapid fire Shadow Ball from a God-speed Champion Ace is eventually going it nail the Lizard and when it does he is F***ed (blame the writers).
    This is a waste of my time. I wonder what other reasons your fanboyism for the frog will concoct since you can't handle the fact that *gasp* another of Ash's Pokemon might actually be on par with it.
    Last edited by Navin; Today at 1:18 AM.

  13. #2738
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navin View Post
    Sure, but considering how MCX trounced A-G earlier, it's helping A-G more. Regardless, having that know-how and experience is going to accrue advantages that can drag a battle longer.



    Think about how more assumptions you're making. Only talking about trainer battles (despite Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon, 50% Zygarde pushing MCX unlike anything before) or only talking about battles that "got off the ground" (despite MCX exploding into a cliff, apparently that's not enough to feel "pushed"). Oh hey, what about how Siebold destroyed Alain? Or even the fact that his own statement is contradicted visually by Mega Houndoom faring better than A-G.

    It's painstakingly obvious he meant that the battle lifted him metaphorically.



    This is a waste of my time. I wonder what other reasons your fanboyism for the frog will concoct since you can't handle the fact that *gasp* another of Ash's Pokemon might actually be on par with it.
    And I love how you keep saying the same thing over and over.

  14. #2739
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Waterloo ON CA
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navin View Post
    Sure, but considering how MCX trounced A-G earlier, it's helping A-G more. Regardless, having that know-how and experience will naturally accrue advantages that can drag a battle longer. Combined that with the other reasons, it makes sense why A-G was able to last for a while, and yet, he still lost in a way that wasn't that close either.



    Think about how many assumptions you're making. Only talking about trainer battles (despite Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon, 50% Zygarde pushing MCX unlike anything before) or only talking about battles that "got off the ground" (despite MCX exploding into a cliff, apparently that's not enough to feel "pushed"). Oh hey, what about how Siebold destroyed Alain? Or even the fact that his own statement is contradicted visually by Mega Houndoom faring better than A-G.

    It's painstakingly obvious he meant that the battle lifted him metaphorically.



    This is a waste of my time. I wonder what other reasons your fanboyism for the frog will concoct since you can't handle the fact that *gasp* another of Ash's Pokemon might actually be on par with it.
    Or it could just be that MA-G > IA-G hence it did better.

    You may want to look at the number and absurdity of your own assumptions first. The way I see it MC-X post gaining his E4 Mega Ace slaying powers was able to fodderize every opponent Alain faced since then (while he was collecting ME energy). Add to this the burden that was on his shoulders and battling lost all fun for him until A-G came along and (in XYZ 23) was finally able to give him a worthwhile challenge (and this was IA-G). All of your counters are strictly pre rigorous training between Act 3 and 4 though ever since he beat Malva he's been so dominant against other traienrs that all the thrill got lost. Heck his KL squash match against Remo (who could challenge him in ME Act 1) just illustrates how crazy MC-X's progression actually was (even Remo was constantly training since then) and in general how he was so above most trainer Pokémon. So yes A-G gave MC-X the best fight strictly after it got OP. Eh I don't really agree (especially when you consider the ridiculous stamina drain MC-X had going into vs Malva and unlike A-G MDoom had no counter for even a regular Blast Burn).

    Keep being in denial that your beloved Lizard has "no cap" eventhough he fell in pain after 3 mere Shadow Balls from grunt Pokémon (and yet I'm supposed to believe he can somehow tank Champion lvl SBs). Nah I just give credit where it's due (Charizard > Greninja as a character IMO).
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

    (Ash-)Greninja > Peakachu ~ Charizard > Sceptile ~ (Blaze) Infernape > Snorlax > Krookodile > Bulbasaur > Heracross > Swellow (this is Ash's TOP 10 though after this point it admittedly gets way too subjective to do a straight up ranking).

    "My ideals will shatter the truth of this world!"

Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •