Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100
Results 2,476 to 2,484 of 2484

Thread: Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Apr 15: New summary)

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    That's because this fandom is forever contradictory.

FANDOM: "The anime has become so predictable and formulaic! CHANGE THINGS UP!!!"

*writers change things up both for the movie and the main anime series*

FANDOM: "What the actual f*ck, why are you changing things? WE HATE CHANGE!!"
    Because this change isn't what people had in mind.
    Plus, it doesn't solve the issues with the main anime.
    No Pokémon is cuter than Eevee.

Quote Originally Posted by SinnohEevee View Post
    Because this change isn't what people had in mind.
    Plus, it doesn't solve the issues with the main anime.
    But if we say "we want change", how are the anime writers supposed to know exactly what we mean and create it while still appealing to as many of the fanbase members as possible?

Also, this movie wasn't meant to solve issues, it was supposed to be a celebration of the anime.

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery
    Nerdy's Chibi Shop

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    Makoto is the real villain. Cross spends the whole time trying to warn Ash.
    Pokemon Tano Platinum - A Stat Trainers Story ~ Fanfiction.net Profile ~ Pokemon Shipping Drabbles and One-Shots

Are people still complaining about this when the mods posted warnings a couple of times already not to **** post with the same complaints?

Anyways I hope we get a full battle between Ash and Cross in this.
    Last edited by Pokegirl Fan~; Yesterday at 9:37 PM.
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    But if we say "we want change", how are the anime writers supposed to know exactly what we mean and create it while still appealing to as many of the fanbase members as possible?

Also, this movie wasn't meant to solve issues, it was supposed to be a celebration of the anime.
    There are literally decades worth of articles, blog posts, forum threads, Facebook/Twitter posts, memes and videos of people discussing and laying out what they think should be changed with the anime. The production staff have just chosen to ignore them for 20 years and counting now.
    Last edited by tommytoe; Today at 12:34 AM.

Mew's already had secondary focus in two movies, even if it's adorable I don't really need to see it anymore.
    Mew has an exclusive Z-move that needs to be shown off at some point or another, so like it or not, we are going to see Mew in another movie. It might not be the star Pokémon of the movie, but it will be in another movie. Either that, or it will show up in the anime proper to show off its Z-move.

I'm probably alone on this, but I'd rather have this only be one kinda long movie, rather than multiple ones with the same length as an average Pokemon movie. What firstrought me back to this movie after dismissing it was the concept of a reboot that got a beginning, middle and end in one go, just like other standalone movies. The fact that I wouldn't have to treat it as a trilogy or extension of another series made it feel refreshing somewhat. I can't really explain the feeling that well, but I just want this to remain in movie 20 alone.
    I have a feeling this movie will be a standalone movie, especially if it's just meant to be an anniversary movie.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    So why start introducing alternate universe after 20 years without first finishing and cleaning things up characteristic for main series?
    It just makes little sense to me coming as pointless.
    Because maybe this movie is just meant to be an anniversary movie, separate from the main anime and its accompanying movies, as a celebration of the anime as a whole. It's not as though this has any effect on the main anime and anything that's unfinished in the main anime.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Feel free to use this banner. Just credit me!
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Inferno Overkill | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

Quote Originally Posted by tommytoe View Post
    There are literally decades worth of articles, blog posts, forum threads, Facebook/Twitter posts, memes and videos of people discussing laying out what they think should be changed with the anime. The production staff have just chosen to ignore them for 20 years and counting now.
    Yes, because the staff should take every single suggestion there is and make this anime worse than it already is.

Most of the fandom suggestions are complete crap.

Essentially "creating a new universe that is gonna be dumped after one and a half hours" is describing just about every standalone movie ever.
    Yup. I hoped that they would do something special for the 20th anniversary.

Assuming it's gonna get dumped lol.

Remember, we still have a Mew with a special Z-move. They could easily extend this and create a new universe and have movie 21 set in Kanto/Johto with Mew focus.
    This is a 20th anniversary special, so idk...
    I mean, they are gonna have to make movies about the Alola squad.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    Yup. I hoped that they would do something special for the 20th anniversary.
    Yeah, and making a standalone Pokemon movie is special.

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery
    Nerdy's Chibi Shop

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    Makoto is the real villain. Cross spends the whole time trying to warn Ash.
    Pokemon Tano Platinum - A Stat Trainers Story ~ Fanfiction.net Profile ~ Pokemon Shipping Drabbles and One-Shots

Yes, because the staff should take every single suggestion there is and make this anime worse than it already is.

Most of the fandom suggestions are complete crap.
    True, if you try to please everyone you end up in a The Miller, Boy and Donkey situation but completely ignoring criticisms, suggestions and praise on what you do well from your audience isn't a good idea either. The most common complaints I've seen on here and elsewhere are the anime's lack of continuity, never letting the characters progress in any meaningful way and too much filler and those seem like issues the anime production staff could attempt to rectify without a large risk of alienating viewers.

Is anyone really going to complain about things like Ash winning a League or occasional appearances from old companions that follow up on their goals instead copy and paste filler episodes of the TRio failing to steal Pikachu and/or the Pokemon of the Day again? I kind of doubt it.

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100