Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3091

Thread: Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You!(June 23: Banpresto merch)

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    That particular line is referring to adults that used to be fans as kids, but haven't touched the franchise in ages. "You guys should watch this too, it'll be a great nostalgic ride for you. This movie isn't just for current fans."
    So are they hinting at some sort of appearance of Misty and Brock? Cause I kind of doubt that they'll draw in the older fans by just showing how Ash and Pikachu started.

Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    So are they hinting at some sort of appearance of Misty and Brock? Cause I kind of doubt that they'll draw in the older fans by just showing how Ash and Pikachu started.
    People need to start acting like Brock and Misty are the only reasons to watch Kanto. Seriously.

THEY ARE BACK IN KANTO.

ASH IS BACK AT SQUARE ONE WITH PIKACHU.

HO OH IS INVOLVED.

RETURN OF ASH'S OLD POKEMON

There are so many things to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    So what you're saying is Ash is reset?

Nostalgia edge seems promising though
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

People need to start acting like Brock and Misty are the only reasons to watch Kanto. Seriously.

THEY ARE BACK IN KANTO.

HO OH IS INVOLVED.

Well being a long term fan of Pokemon I'm obviously very excited about this movie and I'm happy that it's an original story. But I was referring to the fact the they were trying to draw in older fans who quit watching after a while, and for them probably seeing more familiar faces would attract them more to watch the movie.

THEY ARE BACK IN KANTO.

HO OH IS INVOLVED.

Ash doesn't really give nostalgia whatsoever though, same with Pikachu, since they've been around the whole time.
    Ho-oh barely does, I mean yes it was introduced in the first episode, but giving Ho-oh a story does not invoke nostalgia as that is something new.

Yes there are things to look forward to, but for them to have an adult only night based on nostalgia.... I feel like they need a bit more, y'know, nostalgia.

THEY ARE BACK IN KANTO.

HO OH IS INVOLVED.

Don't you mean stop acting instead of start?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    So...what's the likelihood of them keeping the nickname thing in the dub? Betting they'll go with Snowball if they decide to keep it.

Would you like to know whereabouts of the London Underground?

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Wow an adults only event. Man I wish it wasn't so limited but I guess being an adult have it's perks. We get to see it first instead of you kids because we're older!!!
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    Well being a long term fan of Pokemon I'm obviously very excited about this movie and I'm happy that it's an original story. But I was referring to the fact the they were trying to draw in older fans who quit watching after a while, and for them probably seeing more familiar faces would attract them more to watch the movie.
    So you're saying that the only thing that'd bring in older fans is Misty and Brock?

Uhh, how about the episode one remake? The Kanto region? Ash himself, as well as his Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    Ash doesn't really give nostalgia whatsoever though, same with Pikachu, since they've been around the whole time.
    ... what?

Ho-oh barely does, I mean yes it was introduced in the first episode, but giving Ho-oh a story does not invoke nostalgia as that is something new.
    It could have nostalgia for some people considering how many theories about Ho-oh would be buzzing around at the time.

Yes there are things to look forward to, but for them to have an adult only night based on nostalgia.... I feel like they need a bit more, y'know, nostalgia.
    Don't they already have enough nostalgia in the movie itself? Will all the staff attendants be dressed up as Misty and Brock in order to invoke as much nostalgia as possible? I don't really see why they need to have more nostalgic things for the adults than the kids purely because the adults haven't watched Pokemon in a while.
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

If this adults-only pre-screening is to draw in adults who were fans of the Pokémon anime when they were children, as Dephender said, then frankly, the movie doesn't need Misty or Brock or any of the other familiar faces from OS (aside from Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket). The movie retelling Ash and Pikachu's meeting and the start of their journey together, taking place in Kanto, including Ho-oh, probably including some of Ash's beloved or not so beloved Kanto Pokémon, and Team Rocket making an appearance are probably enough to invoke nostalgia in (most) former fans, and some current older fans as well.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Suspicious Classmates | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    So you're saying that the only thing that'd bring in older fans is Misty and Brock?

Uhh, how about the episode one remake? The Kanto region? Ash himself, as well as his Pokemon?

... what?

It could have nostalgia for some people considering how many theories about Ho-oh would be buzzing around at the time.

Don't they already have enough nostalgia in the movie itself? Will all the staff attendants be dressed up as Misty and Brock in order to invoke as much nostalgia as possible? I don't really see why they need to have more nostalgic things for the adults than the kids purely because the adults haven't watched Pokemon in a while.
    Man we're allowed to want Misty and Brock in this movie. Clearly you were an Ash lover, but for people who liked Misty and Brock, yes it's obviously going to be a little sad that they're not main characters.

How does Ash give you nostalgia though? Honest question, please don't be snippy with your reply.
    You can turn on any episode and see him and pikachu, that's why I don't feel the nostalgia with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    If this adults-only pre-screening is to draw in adults who were fans of the Pokémon anime when they were children, as Dephender said, then frankly, the movie doesn't need Misty or Brock or any of the other familiar faces from OS (aside from Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket). The movie retelling Ash and Pikachu's meeting and the start of their journey together, taking place in Kanto, including Ho-oh, probably including some of Ash's beloved or not so beloved Kanto Pokémon, and Team Rocket making an appearance are probably enough to invoke nostalgia in (most) former fans, and some current older fans as well.
    Thanks for an actual answer! I can see the meeting with pikachu and Ash to be nostalgic, because they won't be bffs so it'll be very nostalgic. But after that, I'd think it'd lose the nostalgia feeling. Kanto can induce it too for me, if they don't change too much of the landscape and then just call it Kanto (I know it'd technically be Kanto since it's the writers, just not OS Kanto). I think Butterfree and Pidgeotto will do good jobs at that also, the starters not as much in my opinion. TRio though??? I thought most people are sick of them :P (I love TRio).

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than excited for this movie, but in no way do I get any nostalgia from this at all. I get a whole new feeling with this movie. The only thing I really expect to know what will happen is the spearow and Pikachu part.
    Last edited by lemoncatpower; 19th June 2017 at 8:16 PM.

You mean after they insulted the older fans?
    I personally don't see what would interest me in a story that isn't canon. What why would I get invested in characters like Makoto and Soji that will only appear for 90 minutes.
    Also, it's the anniversary yet the main anime doesn't do much for continuity (like seeing older characters and Pokémon again).
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

What is the point of Misty and Brock in the Original Series? They can be replace by character that could do more thing that they couldn't do

I highly doubt Misty and Brock would fit in the roles that Makoto and Soji have, especially if one of them is an antagonist. I cannot see Misty or Brock being an antagonist lmao. It's best that they're not in the film at all.

Thanks for an actual answer! I can see the meeting with pikachu and Ash to be nostalgic, because they won't be bffs so it'll be very nostalgic. But after that, I'd think it'd lose the nostalgia feeling. Kanto can induce it too for me, if they don't change too much of the landscape and then just call it Kanto (I know it'd technically be Kanto since it's the writers, just not OS Kanto). I think Butterfree and Pidgeotto will do good jobs at that also, the starters not as much in my opinion. TRio though??? I thought most people are sick of them :P (I love TRio).

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than excited for this movie, but in no way do I get any nostalgia from this at all. I get a whole new feeling with this movie. The only thing I really expect to know what will happen is the spearow and Pikachu part.
    But you are a longtime fan who (I assume) has been watching the anime for years and continues to watch it, so it makes sense that Ash and Pikachu don't invoke a sense of nostalgia for you. This adults-only pre-screening might be catered more toward former fans who have not watched the anime since they were children. For those former fans, just seeing Ash and Pikachu's first meeting or seeing Ho-oh on screen again or seeing Ash's Kanto Pokémon such as Pidgeotto or Butterfree would invoke nostalgia and remind them of their childhood, and might compel them to see the movie just for those reasons.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Suspicious Classmates | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    What is the point of Misty and Brock in the Original Series?
    They had more development than any other traveling companion.

~ Wait, what was in that tea? ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - TLoZ: Breath of the Wild - Puyo Puyo Tetris - Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    What is the point of Misty and Brock in the Original Series? They can be replace by character that could do more thing that they couldn't do
    They are iconic. They were always with Ash.
    Also, one could say the same thing about the TRio, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    But you are a longtime fan who (I assume) has been watching the anime for years and continues to watch it, so it makes sense that Ash and Pikachu don't invoke a sense of nostalgia for you. This adults-only pre-screening might be catered more toward former fans who have not watched the anime since they were children. For those former fans, just seeing Ash and Pikachu's first meeting or seeing Ho-oh on screen again or seeing Ash's Kanto Pokémon such as Pidgeotto or Butterfree would invoke nostalgia and remind them of their childhood, and might compel them to see the movie just for those reasons.
    oh WOW thankyou Satomine for pointing that out. "Former" was the key word I was skipping over all matters settled for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    I highly doubt Misty and Brock would fit in the roles that Makoto and Soji have, especially if one of them is an antagonist. I cannot see Misty or Brock being an antagonist lmao. It's best that they're not in the film at all.
    but I will argue against this... they're already changing a bunch, so making Misty or Brock bad wouldn't matter. Or just have Gary be actually evil. None of this stuff in the movie is going to be cannon so they could have used Miisty and Brock no problem.
    Last edited by lemoncatpower; 19th June 2017 at 8:51 PM.

Man we're allowed to want Misty and Brock in this movie. Clearly you were an Ash lover, but for people who liked Misty and Brock, yes it's obviously going to be a little sad that they're not main characters.
    Hahahahaha.

I don't even like Ash.

How does Ash give you nostalgia though? Honest question, please don't be snippy with your reply.
    He doesn't. I didn't even start watching the show until around April last year. I was assuming that lots of other people would feel that way.

You can turn on any episode and see him and pikachu, that's why I don't feel the nostalgia with him.
    It's the reenactment of episode 1 that I think will bring in the nostalgia. An iconic scene that was previously on a square screen and had not really much standing out about its art style will be redrawn on a colossal cinema screen with a beautiful art style over twenty years later. I feel like that would be enough to get some nostalgia rolling straight away.
    Banner by me!

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

Oh my God.

The nostalgia isn't in ASH, it's in the way the story is being portrayed. We are back at Ash's beginnings, before he challenged a single gym, before he caught a single Pokemon. I personally believe this movie will have a ton of references to the original series solely for the sake of nostalgia.

Oh my God.

The nostalgia isn't in ASH, it's in the way the story is being portrayed. We are back at Ash's beginnings, before he challenged a single gym, before he caught a single Pokemon. I personally believe this movie will have a ton of references to the original series solely for the sake of nostalgia.
    That's kinda what I mean. Seeing his face doesn't cause much reaction, but seeing his face in the Kanto region speaking down to his first, untrustworthy Pokemon as he learns about the world around him is highly likely to.
    Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

oh WOW thankyou Satomine for pointing that out. "Former" was the key word I was skipping over all matters settled for me.

but I will argue against this... they're already changing a bunch, so making Misty or Brock bad wouldn't matter. Or just have Gary be actually evil. None of this stuff in the movie is going to be cannon so they could have used Miisty and Brock no problem.
    That is true, but I really don't think that would give off the "nostalgic feeling" if that happened. They would be totally new and different characters, and not the same as they were in Canon.

Anyways I'm pretty sure what they mean is the reenactment of Ash's first day on his journey and how he bonds with his first Pokemon team.

Nostalgia would be remaking things from the ground up and sticking to the region's cast.

Not have the main character wear the same clothes from said region and suddenly veer off to chase the region next door's bird with people who seem to hail from Sinnoh and Alola.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Nostalgia would be remaking things from the ground up and sticking to the region's cast.
    Well they are remaking things from the ground up.

Misty and Brock's absence doesn't negate that whatsoever.

Well they are remaking things from the ground up.

Misty and Brock's absence doesn't negate that whatsoever.
    Problem is (for now) that everything is seemingly focusing on Ho-oh more than the actual region's adventure, even if we'll get to see quick scenes of Kanto.

Would older fans be more willing to watch the movie if the main anime tried to appeal more to them?

Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 LastLast