Page 120 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4401

Thread: Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Oct 12: Home releases)

  1. #2976
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    That particular line is referring to adults that used to be fans as kids, but haven't touched the franchise in ages. "You guys should watch this too, it'll be a great nostalgic ride for you. This movie isn't just for current fans."
    So are they hinting at some sort of appearance of Misty and Brock? Cause I kind of doubt that they'll draw in the older fans by just showing how Ash and Pikachu started.

  2. #2977
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    13,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    So are they hinting at some sort of appearance of Misty and Brock? Cause I kind of doubt that they'll draw in the older fans by just showing how Ash and Pikachu started.
    People need to start acting like Brock and Misty are the only reasons to watch Kanto. Seriously.

    THEY ARE BACK IN KANTO.

    ASH IS BACK AT SQUARE ONE WITH PIKACHU.

    HO OH IS INVOLVED.

    RETURN OF ASH'S OLD POKEMON

    There are so many things to look forward to.

  3. #2978
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    ASH IS BACK AT SQUARE ONE WITH PIKACHU.
    So what you're saying is Ash is reset?

    Nostalgia edge seems promising though

    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

  4. #2979
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    People need to start acting like Brock and Misty are the only reasons to watch Kanto. Seriously.

    THEY ARE BACK IN KANTO.

    ASH IS BACK AT SQUARE ONE WITH PIKACHU.

    HO OH IS INVOLVED.

    RETURN OF ASH'S OLD POKEMON

    There are so many things to look forward to.
    Well being a long term fan of Pokemon I'm obviously very excited about this movie and I'm happy that it's an original story. But I was referring to the fact the they were trying to draw in older fans who quit watching after a while, and for them probably seeing more familiar faces would attract them more to watch the movie.

  5. #2980
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    People need to start acting like Brock and Misty are the only reasons to watch Kanto. Seriously.

    THEY ARE BACK IN KANTO.

    ASH IS BACK AT SQUARE ONE WITH PIKACHU.

    HO OH IS INVOLVED.

    RETURN OF ASH'S OLD POKEMON

    There are so many things to look forward to.
    Ash doesn't really give nostalgia whatsoever though, same with Pikachu, since they've been around the whole time.
    Ho-oh barely does, I mean yes it was introduced in the first episode, but giving Ho-oh a story does not invoke nostalgia as that is something new.

    Yes there are things to look forward to, but for them to have an adult only night based on nostalgia.... I feel like they need a bit more, y'know, nostalgia.

  6. #2981
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    At my exact coordinates
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    People need to start acting like Brock and Misty are the only reasons to watch Kanto. Seriously.

    THEY ARE BACK IN KANTO.

    ASH IS BACK AT SQUARE ONE WITH PIKACHU.

    HO OH IS INVOLVED.

    RETURN OF ASH'S OLD POKEMON

    There are so many things to look forward to.
    Don't you mean stop acting instead of start?
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.


    I enjoy writing.


    Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.


    Currently patiently waiting for my crazy theories to pan out.


        Spoiler:- THEORIES:


    Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

  7. #2982
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,518

    Default

    Wow an adults only event. Man I wish it wasn't so limited but I guess being an adult have it's perks. We get to see it first instead of you kids because we're older!!!
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

    (Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

  8. #2983
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    Well being a long term fan of Pokemon I'm obviously very excited about this movie and I'm happy that it's an original story. But I was referring to the fact the they were trying to draw in older fans who quit watching after a while, and for them probably seeing more familiar faces would attract them more to watch the movie.
    So you're saying that the only thing that'd bring in older fans is Misty and Brock?

    Uhh, how about the episode one remake? The Kanto region? Ash himself, as well as his Pokemon?

    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    Ash doesn't really give nostalgia whatsoever though, same with Pikachu, since they've been around the whole time.
    ... what?

    Ho-oh barely does, I mean yes it was introduced in the first episode, but giving Ho-oh a story does not invoke nostalgia as that is something new.
    It could have nostalgia for some people considering how many theories about Ho-oh would be buzzing around at the time.

    Yes there are things to look forward to, but for them to have an adult only night based on nostalgia.... I feel like they need a bit more, y'know, nostalgia.
    Don't they already have enough nostalgia in the movie itself? Will all the staff attendants be dressed up as Misty and Brock in order to invoke as much nostalgia as possible? I don't really see why they need to have more nostalgic things for the adults than the kids purely because the adults haven't watched Pokemon in a while.

  9. #2984
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    Ash doesn't really give nostalgia whatsoever though, same with Pikachu, since they've been around the whole time.
    Ho-oh barely does, I mean yes it was introduced in the first episode, but giving Ho-oh a story does not invoke nostalgia as that is something new.

    Yes there are things to look forward to, but for them to have an adult only night based on nostalgia.... I feel like they need a bit more, y'know, nostalgia.
    If this adults-only pre-screening is to draw in adults who were fans of the Pokémon anime when they were children, as Dephender said, then frankly, the movie doesn't need Misty or Brock or any of the other familiar faces from OS (aside from Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket). The movie retelling Ash and Pikachu's meeting and the start of their journey together, taking place in Kanto, including Ho-oh, probably including some of Ash's beloved or not so beloved Kanto Pokémon, and Team Rocket making an appearance are probably enough to invoke nostalgia in (most) former fans, and some current older fans as well.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    Check out my art gallery to see more of my banners.


  10. #2985
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    So you're saying that the only thing that'd bring in older fans is Misty and Brock?

    Uhh, how about the episode one remake? The Kanto region? Ash himself, as well as his Pokemon?



    ... what?



    It could have nostalgia for some people considering how many theories about Ho-oh would be buzzing around at the time.



    Don't they already have enough nostalgia in the movie itself? Will all the staff attendants be dressed up as Misty and Brock in order to invoke as much nostalgia as possible? I don't really see why they need to have more nostalgic things for the adults than the kids purely because the adults haven't watched Pokemon in a while.
    Man we're allowed to want Misty and Brock in this movie. Clearly you were an Ash lover, but for people who liked Misty and Brock, yes it's obviously going to be a little sad that they're not main characters.

    How does Ash give you nostalgia though? Honest question, please don't be snippy with your reply.
    You can turn on any episode and see him and pikachu, that's why I don't feel the nostalgia with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    If this adults-only pre-screening is to draw in adults who were fans of the Pokémon anime when they were children, as Dephender said, then frankly, the movie doesn't need Misty or Brock or any of the other familiar faces from OS (aside from Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket). The movie retelling Ash and Pikachu's meeting and the start of their journey together, taking place in Kanto, including Ho-oh, probably including some of Ash's beloved or not so beloved Kanto Pokémon, and Team Rocket making an appearance are probably enough to invoke nostalgia in (most) former fans, and some current older fans as well.
    Thanks for an actual answer! I can see the meeting with pikachu and Ash to be nostalgic, because they won't be bffs so it'll be very nostalgic. But after that, I'd think it'd lose the nostalgia feeling. Kanto can induce it too for me, if they don't change too much of the landscape and then just call it Kanto (I know it'd technically be Kanto since it's the writers, just not OS Kanto). I think Butterfree and Pidgeotto will do good jobs at that also, the starters not as much in my opinion. TRio though??? I thought most people are sick of them :P (I love TRio).

    Don't get me wrong, I'm more than excited for this movie, but in no way do I get any nostalgia from this at all. I get a whole new feeling with this movie. The only thing I really expect to know what will happen is the spearow and Pikachu part.
    Last edited by lemoncatpower; 19th June 2017 at 9:16 PM.

  11. #2986
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    666

    Default

    You mean after they insulted the older fans?
    I personally don't see what would interest me in a story that isn't canon. What why would I get invested in characters like Makoto and Soji that will only appear for 90 minutes.
    Also, it's the anniversary yet the main anime doesn't do much for continuity (like seeing older characters and Pokémon again).
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

  12. #2987
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    What is the point of Misty and Brock in the Original Series? They can be replace by character that could do more thing that they couldn't do

  13. #2988

    Default

    I highly doubt Misty and Brock would fit in the roles that Makoto and Soji have, especially if one of them is an antagonist. I cannot see Misty or Brock being an antagonist lmao. It's best that they're not in the film at all.

  14. #2989
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    Thanks for an actual answer! I can see the meeting with pikachu and Ash to be nostalgic, because they won't be bffs so it'll be very nostalgic. But after that, I'd think it'd lose the nostalgia feeling. Kanto can induce it too for me, if they don't change too much of the landscape and then just call it Kanto (I know it'd technically be Kanto since it's the writers, just not OS Kanto). I think Butterfree and Pidgeotto will do good jobs at that also, the starters not as much in my opinion. TRio though??? I thought most people are sick of them :P (I love TRio).

    Don't get me wrong, I'm more than excited for this movie, but in no way do I get any nostalgia from this at all. I get a whole new feeling with this movie. The only thing I really expect to know what will happen is the spearow and Pikachu part.
    But you are a longtime fan who (I assume) has been watching the anime for years and continues to watch it, so it makes sense that Ash and Pikachu don't invoke a sense of nostalgia for you. This adults-only pre-screening might be catered more toward former fans who have not watched the anime since they were children. For those former fans, just seeing Ash and Pikachu's first meeting or seeing Ho-oh on screen again or seeing Ash's Kanto Pokémon such as Pidgeotto or Butterfree would invoke nostalgia and remind them of their childhood, and might compel them to see the movie just for those reasons.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    Check out my art gallery to see more of my banners.


  15. #2990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    What is the point of Misty and Brock in the Original Series?
    They had more development than any other traveling companion.


    ~ It was a pain to change this signature. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

  16. #2991
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    What is the point of Misty and Brock in the Original Series? They can be replace by character that could do more thing that they couldn't do
    They are iconic. They were always with Ash.
    Also, one could say the same thing about the TRio, no?
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

  17. #2992
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    But you are a longtime fan who (I assume) has been watching the anime for years and continues to watch it, so it makes sense that Ash and Pikachu don't invoke a sense of nostalgia for you. This adults-only pre-screening might be catered more toward former fans who have not watched the anime since they were children. For those former fans, just seeing Ash and Pikachu's first meeting or seeing Ho-oh on screen again or seeing Ash's Kanto Pokémon such as Pidgeotto or Butterfree would invoke nostalgia and remind them of their childhood, and might compel them to see the movie just for those reasons.
    oh WOW thankyou Satomine for pointing that out. "Former" was the key word I was skipping over all matters settled for me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    I highly doubt Misty and Brock would fit in the roles that Makoto and Soji have, especially if one of them is an antagonist. I cannot see Misty or Brock being an antagonist lmao. It's best that they're not in the film at all.
    but I will argue against this... they're already changing a bunch, so making Misty or Brock bad wouldn't matter. Or just have Gary be actually evil. None of this stuff in the movie is going to be cannon so they could have used Miisty and Brock no problem.
    Last edited by lemoncatpower; 19th June 2017 at 9:51 PM.

  18. #2993
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    Man we're allowed to want Misty and Brock in this movie. Clearly you were an Ash lover, but for people who liked Misty and Brock, yes it's obviously going to be a little sad that they're not main characters.
    Hahahahaha.

    I don't even like Ash.

    How does Ash give you nostalgia though? Honest question, please don't be snippy with your reply.
    He doesn't. I didn't even start watching the show until around April last year. I was assuming that lots of other people would feel that way.

    You can turn on any episode and see him and pikachu, that's why I don't feel the nostalgia with him.
    It's the reenactment of episode 1 that I think will bring in the nostalgia. An iconic scene that was previously on a square screen and had not really much standing out about its art style will be redrawn on a colossal cinema screen with a beautiful art style over twenty years later. I feel like that would be enough to get some nostalgia rolling straight away.

  19. #2994
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    13,279

    Default

    Oh my God.

    The nostalgia isn't in ASH, it's in the way the story is being portrayed. We are back at Ash's beginnings, before he challenged a single gym, before he caught a single Pokemon. I personally believe this movie will have a ton of references to the original series solely for the sake of nostalgia.

  20. #2995
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Oh my God.

    The nostalgia isn't in ASH, it's in the way the story is being portrayed. We are back at Ash's beginnings, before he challenged a single gym, before he caught a single Pokemon. I personally believe this movie will have a ton of references to the original series solely for the sake of nostalgia.
    That's kinda what I mean. Seeing his face doesn't cause much reaction, but seeing his face in the Kanto region speaking down to his first, untrustworthy Pokemon as he learns about the world around him is highly likely to.

  21. #2996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    oh WOW thankyou Satomine for pointing that out. "Former" was the key word I was skipping over all matters settled for me.




    but I will argue against this... they're already changing a bunch, so making Misty or Brock bad wouldn't matter. Or just have Gary be actually evil. None of this stuff in the movie is going to be cannon so they could have used Miisty and Brock no problem.
    That is true, but I really don't think that would give off the "nostalgic feeling" if that happened. They would be totally new and different characters, and not the same as they were in Canon.

    Anyways I'm pretty sure what they mean is the reenactment of Ash's first day on his journey and how he bonds with his first Pokemon team.

  22. #2997

    Default

    Nostalgia would be remaking things from the ground up and sticking to the region's cast.

    Not have the main character wear the same clothes from said region and suddenly veer off to chase the region next door's bird with people who seem to hail from Sinnoh and Alola.


    ~ It was a pain to change this signature. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

  23. #2998
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    13,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Nostalgia would be remaking things from the ground up and sticking to the region's cast.
    Well they are remaking things from the ground up.

    Misty and Brock's absence doesn't negate that whatsoever.

  24. #2999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Well they are remaking things from the ground up.

    Misty and Brock's absence doesn't negate that whatsoever.
    Problem is (for now) that everything is seemingly focusing on Ho-oh more than the actual region's adventure, even if we'll get to see quick scenes of Kanto.


    ~ It was a pain to change this signature. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

  25. #3000
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Would older fans be more willing to watch the movie if the main anime tried to appeal more to them?
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

Page 120 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •