Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175
Results 4,351 to 4,370 of 4370

Thread: Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Sep 15: Media list)

Another Friday,
    another update to the list of upcoming media.

These things are starting to look pretty empty now.
    Last edited by Dephender; 25th August 2017 at 5:52 AM.

So hey, Oha Suta just had a movie special where they revealed a couple new cool trivia bits about the movie:

*At one point in the movie, Satoshi battles a Trainer with a Purin with his Hitokage. This Trainer is meant to be a cameo by Naomi Watanabe
    *People have already pointed out that we see Shigeru in the movie in a quick scene where he gets his starter. What hasn't been pointed out is who the other two Trainers getting their first Pokemon in this scene are: They're Tsubaki (the cotd from the Golduck episode in the orange Islands arc) and Tierno.
    *Erika's appearance in the movie is specifically for the symbolism of her giving Satoshi the Rainbow Badge.

Tierno.
    Is he actually seen? He's a visibly distinct character so it's highly surprising nobody recognized him.

I bet they never confirm who Makoto's mother is.
    Last edited by Dephender; 6th September 2017 at 11:58 PM.

Release the past, escape the future...
    Most Recent: 20: The Weight of the World (Part 2)
    Next: Father

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network Fanworks Blog
    Best Wishes blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Is he actually seen? He's a visibly distinct character so it's highly surprising nobody recognized him.
    We just see his knee and part of his shirt, and his clothes are colored differently, so he's actually pretty hard to recognize. Tsubaki was a lot more recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I bet they never confirm who Makoto's mother is.
    Oh, they did that too, but I thought that was pretty common knowledge so I didn't bother mentioning it.
    Last edited by Dephender; 7th September 2017 at 12:12 AM.

Only extreme diehard fans would even try recognizing a COTD from a really old season...

~ Rabbid Mario: Watch out, we have a badass over here. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Oh, they did that too, but I thought that was pretty common knowledge so I didn't bother mentioning it.
    So the guy wasn't wrong, her mother is definitely

Spoiler:- do we even need to use these anymore it's been a good couple of months:

And that was her "biiig secret"?

Either I haven't caught up with this thread, or that's just disappointing.
    Banner by me!

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Fanfic Profile:
    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

So it really was Tierno? I thought it's just the dude saying it because he thought like that's the case. Neat.

We just see his knee and part of his shirt, and his clothes are colored differently, so he's actually pretty hard to recognize. Tsubaki was a lot more recognizable.

Wait, who's her mother?
    "So did you throw away your pride as well, and became a god?"

"That's how it is."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    So the guy wasn't wrong, her mother is definitely

Spoiler:- do we even need to use these anymore it's been a good couple of months:

And that was her "biiig secret"?
    That would be correct.

And I just noticed the misspelled Tierno's name, heh.
    Last edited by Dephender; 7th September 2017 at 12:37 AM.

Well I never thought I'd see the day you-know-who actually was confirmed to be Verity's mother...

Release the past, escape the future...
    Most Recent: 20: The Weight of the World (Part 2)
    Next: Father

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network Fanworks Blog
    Best Wishes blog

So hey, Oha Suta just had a movie special where they revealed a couple new cool trivia bits about the movie:

*At one point in the movie, Satoshi battles a Trainer with a Purin with his Hitokage. This Trainer is meant to be a cameo by Naomi Watanabe
    *People have already pointed out that we see Shigeru in the movie in a quick scene where he gets his starter. What hasn't been pointed out is who the other two Trainers getting their first Pokemon in this scene are: They're Tsubaki (the cotd from the Golduck episode in the orange Islands arc) and Tierno.
    *Erika's appearance in the movie is specifically for the symbolism of her giving Satoshi the Rainbow Badge.
    So if is really Tierno, AU Tierno got Charmander instead of Squirtle xD

I hope Gary still has his Eevee in the AU, that guy completely overshadows his actual starter Pokémon. Nice catch they added Erika for that reason!
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

I really wish it had been Cross that picked that Charmander and not AU Tierno. Would have made more sense (also Cross, Oak trusted you and you let him down! I haven't seen it but from what I understand of summaries online Cross abandons Charmander the same way Damian did in the OS).

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

So, as they confirmed that Cynthia is Verity's mother, did they show a picture of her from the movie? I'm very curious if she was shown in full, or just from the back, like the other cameos?
    I don't come here as often as I used to, do I?

Quote Originally Posted by satopi View Post
    I hope Gary still has his Eevee in the AU, that guy completely overshadows his actual starter Pokémon. Nice catch they added Erika for that reason!
    You know its kind of ironic, both of gary's starter and signature kind of represents two of kanto's games. His blastoise represents the first game where the rival gets squirtle if player cooses charmander and his umbreon represents pokemon yellow game where rival gets an eevee when a player gets a pikachu.
    Favourite Characters- Ash, Serena, Lillie, Dawn, Gladion, Cilan, Brock, Cynthia, Kiawe, Lana, Lance, Alain, Steven Stone

Favourite Pokemon- Charizard, Venasaur, Blastoise, Gengar, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Sceptile, Greninja, Garachomp, Infernape, Gliscor, Salamence, Arceus

Watching pokemon for 17 years, grown up while watching this show. Also liked the different characters form different sagas. I hate genwunners.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    So, as they confirmed that Cynthia is Verity's mother, did they show a picture of her from the movie? I'm very curious if she was shown in full, or just from the back, like the other cameos?
    No, they didn't show a picture.

Tierno? How... Weird. That means he's originally from Kanto?

Anyway, I wonder why picking him specifically for such role.

Also, man, it completly skipped my mind that Erika being the gym leader featured could be because of symbolism. Clever

It means that they made another random change for the sake of it.

Hey, it's Friday, so guess what the movie site has updated with:
    Nothing except more episodes of Premium 10 this week either.

I'm surprised they didn't advertise Thursday's Oha Suta movie special last week, though.

It's Friday again, so...
    The website has updated with its usual list of upcoming relevant media.

Potentially the last update to the site, since this is the final episode of Premium.

Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175