Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: July 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You!

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Really do we even need this movie? The writters are screwing over the Pokemon Sun and Moon cast for a movie that is not really that important in the grand scheme of things. I rather have a normal Pokemon movie then having an unimportant Au of Kanto. Unless they have something to do with the Sun and Moon series I would have to wait an entire year to wait for the 21 Pokemon movie with the Sun and Moon cast.

If People are complaninig about result movie not have the side characters doing more in these movies then have the character not appear is ten time worst
    It's the 20th anniversary. It's understandable why they would want to do something different for this year's movie
    Last edited by Red and Blue; 11th January 2017 at 5:32 AM.
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

It the 20th anniversary and I rather have something new then look at the past

Right, 20th. They could still do something new with this movie. They could give ho-oh a prominent role for once
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Really do we even need this movie? The writters are screwing over the Pokemon Sun and Moon cast for a movie that is not really that important in the grand scheme of things. I rather have a normal Pokemon movie then having an unimportant Au of Kanto. Unless they have something to do with the Sun and Moon series I would have to wait an entire year to wait for the 21 Pokemon movie with the Sun and Moon cast.

If People are complaninig about result movie not have the side characters doing more in these movies then have the character not appear is ten time worst
    I do agree with you. I HATE having to wait for Marshadow.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I do agree with you. I HATE having to wait for Marshadow.....
    To be fair, if this movie were to be an Alola movie, then there probably would have been one more event Legendary put in game to be given out this year instead. You'd still have to wait just as long for Marshadow in the end.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Has there ever been a Pokémon movie that has been "important" in the grand scheme of things? The last three movies I didn't even bother with since it has no relevance to the main story of XY. I didn't miss anything from what I can gathered? Complete Forme Zygarde? Got that with the Team Flare arc.

The Sun and Moon cast can afford a year to wait for their movie. The original series had to wait a year and a half for their first movie. We have a big cast in one place. Better to wait and develop each and every one of them before staring them in a big feature-length movie.

And besides, this movie has gotten more interest than any other movie since the Mewtwo vs Genesect one (and this time, for all the right reason).

The fact that it's the 20th anniversary is exactly why we're getting a look at the past. Besides, an SM movie would just feature 90 minutes of face faults.

Really I feel like the movie is trying to bank on our nostalgia of the old show then trying to create something new and fresh. Also I feel like this movie is going to fall like Pokemon the Origin because could have been a short television series then a movie

Really I feel like the movie is trying to bank on our nostalgia of the old show then trying to create something new and fresh. Also I feel like this movie is going to fall like Pokemon the Origin because could have been a short television series then a movie
    It seems like the Pokemon Company realized how profitable our nostalgia can be with the success of Pokemon Go. One hopes they try to tap in to what we actually want here.

They've been banking on nostalgia since they decided to keep Ash, Pikachu and the Team Rocket trio around when everything has now moved on to new protagonists and villains. And it's been a long time since we had any references to the old past. Three years since we last any of Ash's old Pokémon. And when was the last time anyone talked about the friendship between Ash and Pikachu? As for being a cash-in on nostalgia like Pokémon Origins... the only thing I can say is that there is going to be some kind of marketing ploy (hint hint: Ash's Pikachu and his special Z-move) and it has a better source material to make a movie out of than Origins.

"Pokémon-I Choose You!" is no ordinary episode. There's a timeless value behind that story and I don't think it would hurt to retell it again. At it's core, it is THE Pokémon story. The one that explains everything you need to know about the Pokémon world and what it means to be a trainer. That is movie material right there. Doesn't even have to lead to the League or any Gyms. And it's a breath of fresh air compare to the recycled scripts they used for Pokémon movies now these days. The most original was the Team Flare arc in XYZ, and that wasn't even a movie made for theaters.

None of the movies matter "in the grand scheme of things", since they have no relevance to the main plot. It is banking on our nostalgia but so what? The reason we are nostalgic is because we liked the original saga so much when we watched them. I haven't seen Brock and Misty for a decade, while Ash's Pokemon like Pidgeot and Butterfree have been completely erased off the shows memory. Sun and Moon characters can wait, they haven't made a good movie in years anyway.

They have been telling the story of Ash and Pikachu for 20 years, a lot of people would enjoy revisiting how it all begin and what made this show great at the time -- and that is the first episode, "Kimi ni Kimeta"
    Last edited by snorlax512; 11th January 2017 at 9:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSeaDragon View Post
    Also, doing this would justify Ash still being 10.
    Oh, there's ALWAYS been justification for that, dear boy:

The TV Show is aimed directly at 10 year olds. The rest of us don't especially matter.

That's how many anime shows work (and can be hard to get into sometimes)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadao View Post
    "Pokémon-I Choose You!" is no ordinary episode. There's a timeless value behind that story and I don't think it would hurt to retell it again. At it's core, it is THE Pokémon story. The one that explains everything you need to know about the Pokémon world and what it means to be a trainer. That is movie material right there. Doesn't even have to lead to the League or any Gyms.
    I agree. This movie isn't just about banking on the nostalgia of older fans. It's also an opportunity to show younger, newer viewers how Ash and Pikachu's relationship started out. That their bond is so unbreakable now has more meaning if you know how rocky their relationship was in the beginning.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)

Most animated shows don't show aging at all. The only ones I can think of that do are Adventurre Time and the Ben 10 series before the reboot. Steven Universe shows some aging but not much.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

it'd be stupid to do an SM movie right now since they're just starting the adventure. It'd be way better in a year from now when Ash actually has a team filled out fully with training. I hate when they start making the movies too early and all of the crews pokemon are still behind from where they are in the show... happened for XY. So excited for this movie, and ho-oh is one of my fav legendaries so it better aactually appear and not be a teaser!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    Most animated shows don't show aging at all. The only ones I can think of that do are Adventurre Time and the Ben 10 series before the reboot. Steven Universe shows some aging but not much.
    I think since Pokemon is at least somewhat serialized that people kind of want or expected Ash to age. Most animated cartoons also aren't on the air for 20 years.

Shows like DBZ, or Friends, or any other show that follows a serial format have character aging. But as has been pointed out, the intent of the Pokemon anime is to market the games to kids for the most part, hence a perpetually 10 year old protagonist. Kind of like the original Transformers show...except it lasted 20 years.

So do you think Mewtwo will be involved with its X Mega Evolution or do you think they scrapped it to finally give Ho-Oh the movie it has been waiting for?
    Lillie doesn't like to fight...but dang does she look intimidating in this pose!!!

I think this will be Ho-oh's time to shine. It deserves it after two decades and this movie seems to be a special event. Mewtwo doesn't need anymore attention since it got two movies and two specials. No other Legendary Pokémon has that honor. Not even Mew or Arceus.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by roguedr4g0nite View Post
    So do you think Mewtwo will be involved with its X Mega Evolution or do you think they scrapped it to finally give Ho-Oh the movie it has been waiting for?
    Neither wil have a main role .
    Instead we'll get another Mew as the main Pokemon for thsi movie while Ho-Oh is a red herring
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    I think this will be Ho-oh's time to shine. It deserves it after two decades and this movie seems to be a special event. Mewtwo doesn't need anymore attention since it got two movies and two specials. No other Legendary Pokémon has that honor. Not even Mew or Arceus.
    I agree that Ho-Oh should get the spotlight in this movie, since we are yet to know the mystery behind the legendary pokemon. Since Lugia had his own movie, it seems wrong to have Ho-Oh's presence be ignored because Ash will finally understand more about Ho-Oh's appearance.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

"There is no knowledge that is not power." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Goodbye Kalos, Hello Alola!

Yeah I want Ho oh to have an important role in this movie.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mao-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

I hope it isn't some boring retelling. That would end up being rushed and poorly executed considering the time restrictions.

I want to see an Alt OS story line that can actually be fully addressed in a movie.
    BLUE:

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by satoharupika View Post
    Yeah I want Ho oh to have an important role in this movie.
    Me too, but I'm kind of weary about it getting one tbh lol
    Serena as a character>>>>>>>>>>Amourshipping

http://i.imgur.com/cs00Xow.jpg

Corocoro covered the movie this month instead of December.

There's zero new information here, just figured you'd like to know.

At least we get a beautiful screenshot of Pallet Town. Thanks for the heads up Dephender.

No new news...
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mao-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast