Page 2 of 174 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Aug 18: Media list)

I get why there was nothing from Corocoro. Pokemon really hid the fact they were doing a 20th anniversary special for the anime in the form of a movie. (Last time we had an american attempt that no one really remembers nowadays anyway)

This looks stunning, the animation of the landscape scenes to the animation of the opening door are outstanding. I am super hyped for this movie, more than any of the others from before. This is a once off guys so expect Sun and Moon movies from here on out (probably Marshadow next year or something)

Also, Ho-Oh finally gets the movie it deserves! I literally can't wait for more information. Are Gary, Misty or Brock gonna show up since it is the Original Series? Why is Ash's hat different? Seriously, it looks like a fusion of his original one and the current Sun and Moon version. For those who hate the SM style, the sharp, pointed edges are back like before.

Overall can't wait to find out anything else about this.

Admit it, Undyne's Genocide theme "Battle Against a True Hero" is just pure awesomeness! She really is a True Heroine.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/c4475918...rk6dmp_540.png

GUYS

ASH'S HAT IS DIFFERENT

ALTERNATE TIMELINE???
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post

GUYS

ASH'S HAT IS DIFFERENT

ALTERNATE TIMELINE???
    Maybe it's the "mirror world" timeline? That would be amazing to see lol
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    I hope this isn't just another big round of generation 1 fanservicing. I love the Gen 7 anime so and wished we got an actual movie set in that time
    Maybe there aren't enough "movie" Pokemon in S/M? We already wasted Magearna and the only other Pokemon I could think of for a S/M movie is Marshadow.

If it's gen 1 fanservice, I'll still watch, but it really won't be enjoyable.
    "I should probably be writing that Sun and Moon fanfiction rather than wasting my time on these forums." - SkittleBox, every day of her life.

It's just going to be an hour and a half retelling of possibly just the indigo league and that's it. I could see it ending right when kanto league is done.

I'd really like to see parts from all gens, or at least OS + AG... Here's hope we get a glimpse of previous companions as a true celebration of the past 20 years. I wonder how the formatting and pacing of a movie like this will be. So many questions but I really love what we've seen thus far--that poster is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It's just going to be an hour and a half retelling of possibly just the indigo league and that's it. I could see it ending right when kanto league is done.
    Ho-Oh is involved with this one thanks to the poster. I have a feeling that the Pokemon Company wouldn't give us a retelling of the league. Why do that when the almighty Phoenix Bird is one of the main legendries?

Admit it, Undyne's Genocide theme "Battle Against a True Hero" is just pure awesomeness! She really is a True Heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    I'd really like to see parts from all gens, or at least OS + AG... Here's hope we get a glimpse of previous companions as a true celebration of the past 20 years. I wonder how the formatting and pacing of a movie like this will be. So many questions but I really love what we've seen thus far--that poster is incredible.
    I honestly think it will only be OS, probably only the indigo league since that is by far the most nostalgic for people.

Im good with with OS fanservice, craming 6 gens into 1 movie woud be a mess.

Just seeing the early episodes possibly redone in movie-artstyle, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LORDYYYYYYY.

So what animation style will they be using? The OS-DP style (in terms of Ash's eyes mainly), the BW-XY style, or the SM style?

I never really watched the anime that much until near the end of XYZ, and I am so hyped for this! I think maybe it will have returning characters, or maybe even Ash's backstory. Considering the image that has been posted on Serebii's Twitter, which features Ho-Oh of all things, I'm thinking of the first episode. That's how Ash's adventure started. What if it's trying to tell us that the movie will show how his goal idea started?

Honestly, I'm stoked for an Ash backstory movie. Finding out his father, finding out his motives, so on and so on...
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post

GUYS

ASH'S HAT IS DIFFERENT

ALTERNATE TIMELINE???
    I guess this is for all those people that said "I'm gonna go burn your headquarter because you didn't let Ash win!"

I'm genuinely confused now on what the writers are trying to pull off. I really hope this isn't a result of all the demand for bringing back old formula, because that screams out disaster.

Also gave me nostalgia chills when I heard "Mezase Pokemon Master!"
    Last edited by DrLazyEyes; 14th December 2016 at 11:07 PM.

Okay, this is definitely an alternate timeline where events played out differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    A world you've yet to see.
    Friends you've yet to see.
    A new journey...

Begins.

ARE YOU READY...

FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL...

ADVENTURE?
    Coupled with the fact that Ash has a....

...different hat (when even the SM Ash-Pikachu has original Ash's hat) makes me think this is something entirely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

So it's a combination of his OS and SM hat? Ooh nice.
    It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It's just going to be an hour and a half retelling of possibly just the indigo league and that's it.
    How glorious.

Charizard making Ash lose the league in HD.

~ It's fine. She's an extreme omnivore. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2

I have my doubt. On one hand, I'm happy we're getting some fanservice; on the other, I'm a bit concerned. My biggest gripe with Origins was cramming an eight hour game into 2 hours. I'm a bit worried about cramming 80 episodes into about an hour and a half. Then again, I might be surprised.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

So this movie is kinda non-canon to main timeline, like Dragon Ball Z Fusion Reborn is with DBZ? Will we see Brock, Misty, Gary etc?

I dont know how to feel about this.
    It should rather be a special than a movie in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I have my doubt. On one hand, I'm happy we're getting some fanservice; on the other, I'm a bit concerned. My biggest gripe with Origins was cramming an eight hour game into 2 hours. I'm a bit worried about cramming 80 episodes into about an hour and a half. Then again, I might be surprised.
    Depends on how much filler they cut out (although this can lead to disaster by Pokemon have DEM moves because the relevant episode was cut)
    It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

Quick thing tho. Please don't say this is gonna be intense OS references with no other Generations getting light/OS being featured much more than others. I have soft spots for the Hoenn and Kalos regions, and I personally find them more exciting than OS, but if they're doing the "kids who have been here since the beginning will get this" thing like they sometimes do then I might not be as hyped.
    Banner by me!

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

Man I feel bad for the SM movie now, no one will care lol

Also, was that "Creature from Another World" thing a red herring?
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by doofinc View Post
    So what animation style will they be using? The OS-DP style (in terms of Ash's eyes mainly), the BW-XY style, or the SM style?
    It doesn't look like SM's fortunately, Ash's hair spikes aren't rounded. (But I'll be horrified to see the revelation of Ash's SM eyes beneath his hat brim.)

Sooo probably the shonen XYZ style?

**** man, this is the **** I'm talking about. Hopefully it'll be a 2 hour retrospective of Ash's journey from OS till end of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It doesn't look like SM's fortunately, Ash's hair spikes aren't rounded. (But I'll be horrified to see the revelation of Ash's SM eyes beneath his hat brim.)

Sooo probably the shonen XYZ style?
    To me it, looked like XYZ.

Yep, this movie is gonna be great if it's executed right.
    Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

Page 2 of 174 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast