Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Apr 15: New summary)

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleBox View Post
    Friends you've yet to see... are we still dealing with Ash, or...?
    The lines are directed towards him. "Friends" is the word "nakama", which is usually used to refer to Pokemon, rather than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Also, was that "Creature from Another World" thing a red herring?
    Yeah, I am asking that question myself. What happens with that "visitor from other world" thing? Maybe they will add UB or something? I wouldn't want it to be just OS, IMO.

This actually looks interesting...It's rare that this series reflect on its history in a meaningful way. Just based on this preview, I could see it being a complete, theatrical retelling of the first episode. More background with Ash, his family and his childhood, leading up to and including the day he set off.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 14th December 2016 at 11:18 PM.
    I love how well Ash's expression lines up with the edit

The 20th anniversary of the anime should never forget on where it all began. And I said it before, I believe that the first episode of Pokémon - "Pokemon! I Choose You!" is one of the best if not the best story of Pokémon in terms of understanding what Pokémon is all about. And thus it is fitting to adapt it into a movie.

Let's think about Path to Power for a minute.

-Commemorated the tenth anniversary of Dragonball
    -Goku and the others got slight redesigns
    -Combined the Pilaf arc and the Red Ribbon arc into one narrative lasting 80 minutes.
    -Contained story events that directly counter things that occurred in the main canon, thereby rendering the film into alternate continuity

You can replace all the Dragonball words in there with Pokemon equivalents, and it would sound like what may be going on with this film. It can be done.

Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

For the first time, I have hype for the next Pokémon movie!!
    And they used "Mezase Pokémon Masuta" (the first Japanese opening of the anime)!!! And that old style font *___*
    *hype hype hype*

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Also, was that "Creature from Another World" thing a red herring?
    Quote Originally Posted by CMButch View Post
    Yeah, I am asking that question myself. What happens with that "visitor from other world" thing? Maybe they will add UB or something? I wouldn't want it to be just OS, IMO.
    It was all fake info. Just ignore it.

Watch this movie being Pikachu traveling back in time with Dialga and found out about Azh'z backztory and why he was the chozen one to get a Z-ring xD
    Proud Claimer of Hawlucha and this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2MHj1iDIU

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I thought I was weak
    But then I learned KungFu

Well colour me intrigued, which is the first time I've said that about a Pokemon movie in years.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuMaster View Post
    Watch this movie being Pikachu traveling back in time with Dialga and found out about Azh'z backztory and why he was the chozen one to get a Z-ring xD
    Watch it be a reboot of the series and a direct prequel to SM thus cementing the XY as the last series set in the old timeline.

Noooooiiice, I'm going to die from sheer excitement.

I wonder how Rica Matsumoto feels about this? Nice Sun&Moon and OS hat mix too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It was all fake info. Just ignore it.
    Oh so no SM themed movie at all then. Pft, fine by me, more time spent fleshing those movie legendaries them out in the anime instead

lol what if it's just ash tellling his alolan friends about his past adventures

We can pretty much confirm that a Z-move is going to be used in this movie, probably in the climax, so it won't be completely Gen I.

Ash-Pikachu does use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt after all.

Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    Artstyle is completely different so I doubt it

That'd be fine by me
    I'd love to see them make comments every once in a while throughout the movie if that happens.
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

Kinda surprised people are even considering AG/DP/BW/XY. They can't even fit Kanto into 90 minutes let alone multiple regions.

If this is a straight retelling, I do wonder how they're going to go about it. Being a big movie I can't imagine them fast forwarding via montages like they did with Origins. I can't imagine this movie being done in multiple parts either, assuming there would eventually be a Marshadow movie to go with the distribution. From the tiny bit we've seen so far it seems they're updating things but they're not using the SM art style, so this'll be interesting.

I'm really excited for this either way.

The one thing I take from this is that the movie posters won't spoil SM team changes. RIP.

Everyone who left Pokemon after OS ended will probably be thinking 'who the **** are these people?!*

I wonder if MEvolution and Z-moves will be present.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    We can pretty much confirm that a Z-move is going to be used in this movie, probably in the climax.

Ash-Pikachu does use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt after all.
    Maybe he tells them about the adventure and ultimately after talking about his and Pika's friendship they successfully use Pikachu Cap's signature z-move or something to finish a strong battle or as a means of sending TR flying? He could maybe retain this knowledge in the anime like with Hikari's Lunar Wing or his usage of Aura?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Everyone who left Pokemon after OS ended will probably be thinking 'who the **** are these people?!*

I wonder if MEvolution and Z-moves will be present.
    Not unlike how the current fans of the show are going to ask "who the f*ck is Misty and Brock?"

Gosh, I am super excited for this!! It looks amazing~ And the nostalgia is real hahaha~
    I do wonder how they will go about this, whether they'll include other regions or if it'll mostly focus on Kanto. The poster/trailer does show Ash wearing Kanto clothes, so it would seem to point to it focusing more on Kanto. But then again, this is only the first few teasers! And Ash's original hat design looks different, I wonder how significant that is? It does kind of look like a mix of the OS hat and the SM hat.

The animation looks amazing, and the use of the old theme song just~ Everything is so sentimental.
    And gosh, they're including Ho-Oh, are we finally getting some insight on that Ho-Oh from episode 1 way back when? I already can hardly wait for new information!

July 15th can't come soon enough.

Huh, so its an anniversary movie then? Or something like that, wow, the original outfit and Ho-oh (been years since we've seen Ho-oh), man the nostalgia. Guess they'll hold off on the Sun/Moon movie until the next year.

Here's hoping that the reanimated classic scenes will turn out good. While I'd love to see plenty of scenes from DP and XY animated in movie quality, it would probably be better just to focus on the original Kanto saga. Even having all eight gym leaders show up for a few seconds each would take up a bit of runtime. Not to mention possibly Brock or even Misty. Or whether this will be a recap or alternative take (like the Macross compilation movies are pretty different from the TV series version), or something else. Something like Stand By Me Doraemon would be the best case (combination of best of storylines), but I seriously doubt they could reach that standard.

That's probably Ash, considering the iconic scene (that outfit, Pikachu and Ho-oh in the sky), rather than a big screen version of Origins or Generations. Probably. Right? Guess we'll find out next year. Oh well, not like the anime could have really done a good version of Sun/Moon story (not without raising the age bracket a bit).

The real question is if this version of Ash is affected by the curse that never lets him win an important league imao.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Not unlike how the current fans of the show are going to ask "who the f*ck is Misty and Brock?"
    Not to mention the younger fans of Pokemon that came into the anime starting with SM might complain how Ash is edgy...

It's settled, I'm just going to grab popcorn and see what sort of things unravel. Might get my friends to see it, they're pretty big on Pokemon being Gens 1-3 only.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast