Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (May 26: Corocoro cafe)

It's not legendary vs legendary destruction as usual, plus they will hopefully finally give my favorite legendary some love(Ho-oh) since he was cursed by being something symbolic to the main characters of the anime that ended up being forgotten or stopped being used because they don't know what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domok View Post
    The real question is if this version of Ash is affected by the curse that never lets him win an important league imao.
    This movie is destined to not have a satisfying climax because he always loses leagues lol

Maybe they're going to play with the Ash Ketchum Coma theory in this? The idea is interesting enough, at least imo
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    SM and BW>>>>>XY/Z and OS
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

I'd love to see a retelling of OS moments with some of the newer animation technologies they have now. A welcome change from the traditional movie formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Domok View Post
    The real question is if this version of Ash is affected by the curse that never lets him win an important league imao.
    If this is a simple retelling, then yes. Perhaps the "climax" of the movie would be him defeating Gary in the Johto League in such a case.
    Citronic gear: Giving Ash sciencegasms and afros from 2013-2016.

I hope this isn't just a retelling and Ho-oh actually plays a role in this.

I'm guessing this will be less of a retelling and more of a reimagining. Perhaps give Ash a little backstory and then create an entire plot centered around Ho-Oh. Probably will either not include Ash's badge quest or focus extremely little on it.

I just really, really hope that we get Brock in this. I miss him so much.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

For news, reviews, info on my games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon, including pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Join us as we celebrate Ash's 20th 10th Birthday!

to be completely honest, i would've preferred a movie set in alola with the current characters we have. i feel like this should be it's own special or something instead of the next pokemon movie. nonetheless, the trailer has me hyped. like the others said, it looks like a re-imagining of ash's start as a pokemon trainer, which seems like a cool way to celebrate the anime's 20th anniversary.

Bravo, Pokémon Company marketing department. You have managed to pique everyone's interest without actually revealing anything concrete about this movie.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of this. I will say this, though: The trailer looks absolutely gorgeous; I'm getting serious Studio Ghibli vibes from the scenery. I look forward to seeing the character designs. Going by that brief clip of Ash, it appears we're getting pre-SM character designs (maybe even pre-XY, since he doesn't have fingernails), but the animators could always surprise us.

I was hoping the 20th movie would celebrate the anime and/or the franchise in some way, so if this is a reimagining of Ash's Kanto adventures, then I think I can be down with that. I'd prefer a reimagining over a retelling, since a retelling of an entire season in a 90-minute movie is bound to leave out some details.

I'm also looking forward to the distribution of Ash-Pikachu.

What's with the redesign of Ash's hat? It's his OS Pokémon League hat, but with the squared design from the SM hat.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Feel free to use this banner. Just credit me!
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Inferno Overkill | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

What if this is SM Ash giving a report about his past adventures and highlights from the OS-XY in the school he's attending as an assignment?
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto

Well this looks interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    What if this is SM Ash giving a report about his past adventures and highlights from the OS-XY in the school he's attending as an assignment?
    That sounds awesome and ti could work in this context
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

I'd rather they just limit this to Kanto. If they try and squeeze in six gens its going to be an absolute mess
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

it would be cool if ash actually got to meet/come face-to-face with ho-oh.

My money is on this being a side story that happened while Ash was on his break in between regional travels

What a way to celebrate the 20th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    My money is on this being a side story that happened while Ash was on his break in between regional travels

I could see something like this working: Maybe tracking down Ho-oh in between Kalos and Alola? Or it'd just have an indeterminate place in the timeline and just hop right to some sort of storyline that could be placed literally anywhere. I'd like to see a new story taking place in Kanto rather than a reimagining/retelling of Ash's original adventure. Bring back Misty and Brock to some capacity and tell a new story, and I'm down.

The art style alone makes it clear that we're dealing with a reimagining rather than a retelling.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post

It's obviously about the beginning of his journey. The title, poster and trailer all spell it out.

If they're at the very least retelling Kanto, I'd love to see classic battles like Pikachu vs Raichu 2 and Charizard vs Magmar re-animated. I doubt they'll show Ash's entire journey from Kanto to Kalos since then they'd only get about 15 minutes per region (and this is not counting OI and BF). If they do all of OS, then it would also be cool to get some re-animated scenes of Ash vs Drake and Ash vs Gary JL. Based on Ash's hat design though, my guess is that this will be an alternate timeline that starts of similarly to Kanto but then diverges into its own separate story.

Remember when S/M Scan was revealed and people told me "say goodbye to any kind of continuity or old characters"

Well, what now? Thinking that Art Style change decides on the plot... What a foolish thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeogran View Post
    Remember when S/M Scan was revealed and people told me "say goodbye to any kind of continuity or old characters"

Well, what now? Thinking that Art Style change decides on the plot... What a foolish thing to say.
    Meanwhile XYZ fanboys look at the complete lack of continuity LOL.
    BTW the new hat looks cool like a mash up of OS and SM Design knda a bridge between series
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

I'm glad it seems like we're getting more continuity as opposed to the lack of continuity we had in XY(Z).
    Quote Originally Posted by DankOverlord View Post
    Meanwhile XYZ fanboys look at the complete lack of continuity LOL.
    BTW the new hat looks cool like a mash up of OS and SM Design knda a bridge between series
    The new hat looks amazing and the animation in general as well.

Delia appeared in S/M, so her existence at least proved Ash set out on a journey.

And that's about the only piece of consistent continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Delia appeared in S/M, so her existence at least proved Ash set out on a journey.

And that's about the only piece of consistent continuity.
    Didn't he also mention he had Tauros in the first episode? That was continuity
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Didn't he also mention he had Tauros in the first episode? That was continuity
    It could be that, despite the writers not bringing up a lot, these references are getting free passes because they are all Gen 1 related, and Alola is pretty much a region idolizing Gen 1.

So it's not likely any other reference will get through unless the S/M game content dictates it (in other words, past characters like Cynthia showing up).
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 15th December 2016 at 12:50 AM.

It is hardly just the art style. I don't see them promoting a movie for 7 months if it just about known events from 1997; they will do things differently for added hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    It is hardly just the art style. I don't see them promoting a movie for 7 months if it just about known events from 1997; they will do things differently for added hype.
    This is why I think the movie will take an alternate approach to the original storyline so the events that occur here will be totally different from ones in the original series, with Ho-oh potentially getting a greater role.

So I'm guessing:

Movie 20: 20th anniversary
    Movie 21: Marshadow, Solgaleo and Lunala maybe?
    Movie 22: Necrozma, 8th Gen legendary, maybe Mew? (They have to distribute Mew with Mewnium Z somehow, right?)

~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast