Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (June 26: Riddle Game)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It could be that, despite the writers not bringing up a lot, these references are getting free passes because they are all Gen 1 related, and Alola is pretty much a region idolizing Gen 1.

So it's not likely any other reference will get through unless the S/M game content dictates it (in other words, past characters like Cynthia showing up).
    They name dropped Honeymitsu in episode 4, and that's from BW.

Delia appeared in S/M, so her existence at least proved Ash set out on a journey.

And that's about the only piece of consistent continuity.
    Ehem Tauros
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    They name dropped Honeymitsu in episode 4, and that's from BW.
    I'm...not well-versed in Japanese naming. Who is that again?

~ Wait, what was in that tea? ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - TLoZ: Breath of the Wild - Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    So I'm guessing:

Movie 20: 20th anniversary
    Movie 21: Marshadow, Solgaleo and Lunala maybe?
    Movie 22: Necrozma, 8th Gen legendary, maybe Mew? (They have to distribute Mew with Mewnium Z somehow, right?)
    They could easily promote the Alola mascots, guardians and Ultra Beasts in the anime, which would be best for the plot. Marshadow could have its QR code be revealed online or distributed in stores at any time regardless of its anime debut.

I don't see this movie being a one-off, especially when the title is clearly just about the beginning; I think that there will be sequel movies continuing the rebooted storyline. And when you look at the dwindling movie ticket sales, it is not hard to see why the anime producers may not be in any rush to revert to the standard formula.

I'm...not well-versed in Japanese naming. Who is that again?
    It's a type of honey. Was first mentioned in Decolora Adventure 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    They could easily promote the Alola mascots, guardians and Ultra Beasts in the anime, which would be best for the plot. Marshadow could have its QR code be revealed online or distributed in stores at any time regardless of its anime debut.

I don't see this movie being a one-off, especially when the title is clearly just about the beginning; I think that there will be sequel movies continuing the rebooted storyline. And when you look at the dwindling movie ticket sales, it is not hard to see why the anime producers may not be in any rush to revert to the standard formula.
    My thoughts exactly. I think this was a change for the best. An retelling of Ash's first adventure could create more interest than the standard movie formula
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Ooooh this looks interesting.

Looks like the original animation might be retained for this movie too! Or at least using technologies to update the original animation. I don't mind if it's from XYZ either.

Now the only question that I'm wondering is if Ash will be journeying through Kanto with Brock and Misty or would he be soloing it all by himself and his Pokemon?

Credit goes to:
    Tyranitarquake for the Banner!

Official site is up.

No further details, but the trailer is there, at least.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/

A world you've yet to see.
    Friends you've yet to see.
    A new journey...
    Begins.

ARE YOU READY...

FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL...

ADVENTURE?

Teaser 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be-zA7-lr_k

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I think this was a change for the best. An retelling of Ash's first adventure could create more interest than the standard movie formula
    Plus, next year marks the anime's 20th anniversary (with this year being the franchise's) so it makes sense that they're rebelling season 1. The only thing I'm confused about though is why they retconned the design on Ash's hat & why the promotions say it's a world we've yet to see
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 15th December 2016 at 1:26 AM.

Moon Trainer Passport:

• Name: Mitsuki Nagaoka
    • Hometown: Ohana Shore, Alola
    • Originally from : Pallet Town, Kanto
    • Status: Went back home to fix my pokédex. It felt great to battle like that again,
      maybe I should give this trial thing a try

Official site is up.

>Kanto again
    >New

Okay.
    Click them please. Feed Scyther a Chesto Berry to wake it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guy View Post
    >Kanto again
    >New

Okay.
    Consider the idea of AU Kanto.

New events, same setting.

So it's basically a rewrite of the first season packed into one 90 minutes movie? So something like Origins for the Ashnime?

That's actually super lazy and due to the time limitation a pretty horrible idea to do as a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateNinja View Post
    So it's basically a rewrite of the first season packed into one 90 minutes movie? So something like Origins for the Ashnime?

That's actually super lazy and due to the time limitation a pretty horrible idea to do as a movie.
    It's most likely a completely new story starring Ho-oh.

The story will begin the same but probably deviate at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Consider the idea of AU Kanto.

New events, same setting.
    So think of it like 30% less Team Rocket-handed badges?

~ Wait, what was in that tea? ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - TLoZ: Breath of the Wild - Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post

Maybe the main anime will follow the game's plto and ahe Cosmog, Cosmoem, Lunaala, Necrozma, UBs, Marshadow and whatever other Pokemon appear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

I think it's more than welcome for them to retell the original series story as a film, if that's indeed where they go with this one. It might be "genwun" pandering and all that, but honestly if it's done right it has as much potential as a SM movie, if not more. The original series was part of what helped kick off the whole franchise, helped make it such a popular and enduring brand. And maybe, if they find a way to work Ho-oh into the plot, it will fix one of the more annoying elements that was left open by the anime (I mean the last time we really saw it was what, AG?).

I think it's a cool idea and I'm all for it. A Sun and Moon movie can come a little later.
    ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

To be honest I'm glad that we're getting a movie based off Ash's beginning as a trainer for the 20th movie/anniversary of the anime instead of a movie for Alola because I'm really stomped on what they could do for the movies and yes we have the

-island guardians
    -ultra beasts

but a movie about the island guardians would be hard to do mainly due to the fact that each of the islands (4 in total) have their own guardian, well unless they try to put all the guardians in one movie, but in the end that be way to similar to pokemon movie 2000 and the ultra beasts come from another world and just like a few have said just have the island guardians and ultra beasts be focused on in just the anime and not be put in some random movie. Which would signify another change from the main formula.

2 Questions:

Would you want to see other pokemon movies based off Ash's other adventures ?(Jotho, Hoenn,Sinnoh,Unova, and Kalos)

or

Would you still want to see one movie focused on the Alola region?

Also considering this is the 20th anniversary of one of the biggest anime series you would want to do something big to celebrate it and something like this is a whole lot better especially for the older fans and this will a good thing for newer fans since they'll be seeing the history behind Ash's journey as a beginning trainer.
    Last edited by ashsfuture; 15th December 2016 at 2:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashsfuture View Post
    Would you want to see other pokemon movies based off Ash's other adventures ?(Jotho, Hoenn,Sinnoh,Unova, and Kalos)

or

Alola based movies. It's already bad enough one movie slot got stolen from a fame hungry shitregion with to much pandering than it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateNinja View Post
    Alola based movies. It's already bad enough one movie slot got stolen from a fame hungry shitregion with to much pandering than it deserves.
    I mean this is the 20th anniversary of the franchise. Plus it looks like Ho-oh is finally getting a central role so.....
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

Feel free to add me

Is it just me, or does the poster kind of look similar to the art style from the original RGB games. I know the obvious reasons why, but I'm surprsed they tried to match this style instead of the art style from season 1

Moon Trainer Passport:

• Name: Mitsuki Nagaoka
    • Hometown: Ohana Shore, Alola
    • Originally from : Pallet Town, Kanto
    • Status: Went back home to fix my pokédex. It felt great to battle like that again,
      maybe I should give this trial thing a try

Official site is up.

Given how beat up Ash and Pikachu look in that image with Ho-oh flying overhead, my feeling that this movie is a retelling or reimagining of OS (or at least part of OS) is getting stronger. At the very least, I expect a retelling or reimagining of the first episode of the anime.

If nothing else, a retelling or reimagining of OS is a chance for younger and/or newer viewers who never saw OS to see for themselves how Ash and Pikachu's journey began.

Quote Originally Posted by ashsfuture View Post

or

Personally, it's not a matter of what I want, but a matter of what I expect. I don't expect another movie based off of Ash's adventures in another region. I think this is just something special they are doing because it's the anime's 20th anniversary.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Suspicious Classmates | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

I had a feeling something like this would happen.

Overall, excited. Would've preferred a miniseries over a movie though.

The best thing for the Alola legendaries would be to have them star in a long arc in the anime, which could easily work since they're all related (except for Marshadow as far as we know). Zygarde got a much better deal than the other 5 Kalos legendaries, and I am not referring to its meager role in the last movie.

If they just wanted to celebrate the 20th anniversary, they could have made this movie a special or a miniseries. I honestly don't see how it makes sense to reboot the storyline without actually ending it, and one movie simply isn't enough for that. Also, by July 2018 Sun and Moon won't even be new, nor will the rumored third version.

This is awesome. Finally something for OS fans. I hope Misty shows up!!!

I am totally on board with this as a 20th anniversary movie. Assuming this is a retelling of the first season, I'm hyped to see any kind of additional plot points they add to make it more of a movie experience. It would be nice if they actually did something with Ash's connection to Ho-oh after leaving it unmentioned for so long now.

As for things I hope to see adapted in this movie: Brock and Misty (obviously), disobedient Pikachu, and Team Rocket are probably my biggest hopes. I'm particularly curious to see if TRio might be handled differently in this format. Plus, I'd be totally down for seeing Arbok and Weezing again.
    Last edited by WaterTypeWarrior; 15th December 2016 at 3:16 AM.

Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast