Thread: Favorite HG/SS TR Executive?

Default Favorite HG/SS TR Executive?

So as we all know, there were 4 Team Rocket Executives in HG/SS.

Which one is your favorite?

I'd go with Archer, since he's the leader. Okay sure, he was weak as heck, but I liked his aquamarine dye job and his use of Houndoom.

I never really cared much for the TR Executives to be honest. They felt rather bland and forgettable, I don't think I can name all of them without looking up their names. They didn't really do anything interesting or special in the story and I can't remember what teams they had either. But I think my favorite has got to be Ariana since she is the only woman, making her stand out a bit compared to the others. And she has red hair. So I'll go with her.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

I like all four tbh, but I'll give the same answer I gave in the previous version of this thread: Proton, because he's named Proton (I thought it was weird at first, but now I think it sounds cool) and I like his design the best out of the four (I especially love his VS sprite).
    >>// \\<<

I liked Ariana a bit better than the rest of the Executives. I liked her red hair and the fact she eventually grows to respect the player character for their Pokemon team's power.

Ariana was my favorite of the 4, though in general I never grew to like the HG/SS TR executives. They just seemed to be missing something.

I liked Ariana and Proton. Ariana is cool and she gets points for being the only woman. I really don't know why I like Proton. Maybe because he's the first you battle?
    #TeamLitten Well, I have returned. This is my new account (I used to be LegendaryTrainerLink).
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).
    My friend code: 1993-7207-3601. Please PM me BEFORE adding me so I can add you.

Moon Team (Champions): Palossand, Mudsdale, Salazzle, Glalie, Lilligent, Morelull. (didn't use starter. Hate Shiinotic's design, so I didn't evolve Morelull)
    Moon Team (wanted): Torracat, Salazzle, Palossand, Morelull, Lycanroc(night), Mudsdale. (Wanted a challenge run with no fully evolved starter, didn't work out)

I'd go with Archer because he is sleek in his looks and personality

I honestly like all the Team Rocket executives to a certain extent ha ha. Ariana is my favourite right now cuz I've always thought of her as being Silver's mom. I dunno if that was ever implied in Hg/Ss, but that's my own personal head-canon for now. :3

Archer is my favorite by default since I didn't like Petral's, Proton's, or Ariana's designs. The flaw with Archer was that for being the new TR leader, he had a pretty unimpressive line-up in HGSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Archer is my favorite by default since I didn't like Petral's, Proton's, or Ariana's designs. The flaw with Archer was that for being the new TR leader, he had a pretty unimpressive line-up in HGSS.
    I actually liked how Archer used Houndour and Houndoom tho since he was one of the few Hg/Ss characters who owned them. His team was at least more diverse than Petrel's team ha ha, which consisted of five Koffings and a Weezing. ^^;

Archer's team was alright IMO, but the fact that we only got to see him once and battle him a single time during the whole HG/SS storyline seemed pretty lame. He needed more exposure. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Archer's team was alright IMO, but the fact that we only got to see him once and battle him a single time during the whole HG/SS storyline seemed pretty lame. He needed more exposure. :/
    He definitely needed some backstory at least cuz his motivations for reviving Team Rocket in Johto seemed kind of flimsy from my perspective. But what I also liked about the Team Rocket Executives was how we saw them in the Hg/Ss ending credits.

The dude who dressed as Giovanni (Petrel) was my favorite. I liked how Ariana and Archer were based on the Sevii Island TR admins though. What a cool callback.

None of them 'cause I never really cared that much about the Rocket Executives. They're kinda boring tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by _LightMeww_ View Post
    The dude who dressed as Giovanni (Petrel) was my favorite.
    And here I thought I was the only one who liked him the most. lol. The guy's design may be ugly as hell, but I like when he tries and fails to troll the player by impersonating Giovanni.

My favorite would have to be Ariana. I like how she looks like Jessie, and I thought that the fact that she used Murkrow was pretty interesting considering that it is a Dark-type you don't see much of at that point in the game.

Probably Petrel, because he's the only one I remember anything about. (I didn't even remember the other two's names until I started reading this thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by _LightMeww_ View Post
    I liked how Ariana and Archer were based on the Sevii Island TR admins though. What a cool callback.
    Huh really? But I don't remember Archer and Ariana showing up in the Sevii Islands. I thought they debuted in HG/SS?

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    Huh really? But I don't remember Archer and Ariana showing up in the Sevii Islands. I thought they debuted in HG/SS?
    It has been theorized that the two final TR Admins you face at the Sevii Islands in FR/LG are Ariana and Archer since they have similar teams, and they are the leaders of Team Rocket during their actions at the Sevii Islands. I don't think this has been officially confirmed though, it is just a fan idea.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

I love Ariana - her character design and her team is one of my favorites for any villainous team member.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    It has been theorized that the two final TR Admins you face at the Sevii Islands in FR/LG are Ariana and Archer since they have similar teams, and they are the leaders of Team Rocket during their actions at the Sevii Islands. I don't think this has been officially confirmed though, it is just a fan idea.
    There's a couple factors to it, really - aside from being the only other example of a female Admin in the entire main series, as well as owning an Arbok and Vileplume, Ariana has similar character as well, seen through dialogue. We have to note that her lack of a name in Gen III was due to the different naming mechanics for NPC characters back then; the similarity of Archer and the male admin just adds to the credibility of this connection.
    ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Archer the leader even though his team was rather simple and weak. He was a decent stand-in for Giovanni at the very least.