Thread: Favorite evil team: Magma or Aqua?

Default Favorite evil team: Magma or Aqua?

Ruby & Sapphire introduced two villainous teams: Team Magma and Team Aqua. Both had pros and cons.

Which one is your favorite?

I've always liked Team Magma the most since their whole land expansion plan benefited humans too, and not just Pokemon like Team Aqua's plan.

Of the two, the Magma-dan/Team Magma interested me more due to my favoritism toward Ruby version and Groudon, although I never warmed up to Matsubusa/Maxie.

I don't really like either team more than the other. They were both equally silly. And now they are equally good, if we go by the remakes. I honestly never cared much about their differences when I played the originals, though the remakes fixed that and made them feel different compared to each other. But I still don't have a favorite. They are tied as my third favorite evil teams in the series behind Plasma and Galactic (not including the ones from Gen 7 yet).

~~~~~~~

I'll go with Magma. Although they were both pretty cartoonish in their debut generation (the remakes definitely did improve on them, though), I liked Magma's outfits better than Aqua's. Their goal also makes more sense in a region like Hoenn.

I like Team Aqua best as I prefer Water type Pokemon and I like the blue colour scheme of their uniforms.
    Plus, I've ended up seeing the Aqua storyline more than the Magma one, due to Ruby being my main version of the RS pair and Sapphire being the one I've replayed multiple times.
    ~ * * ~

I prefer magma because a) first team bias and b) is it just me or is Courtney awesome as all hell?

Credit to American--Pi for the amazing banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Do you touch yourself to XY Ash every night?
    Fanfiction.net Profile

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Aqua, purely because of their blue uniforms and water types, as opposed to red and fire types, lol. Both of their goals were silly as hell.
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

I prefer Magma because they, like us humans in the real world, only focus on the needs of their species. I like how it makes us gamers feel bad about what the human race has done to our planet: Destroying forests and killing cool creatures. It only made them more satisfying to defeat.
    Need a Kartana with a nickname

Mew:Life is like a box of chocolates, if you read the box you know exactly what you’re gonna get.

Team Aqua for life! I love how much more fun they are and how different they are from more serious teams in the franchise. Something that hasn't been seen until Team Skull.
    Latest Shiny: (Random) (S)

Current Hunts: - 2750 SRs (FR/LG) | Route 114 - 6500 REs (R/S) | - 700 SRs (Pt)

team magma! or rather i like beating them morel ol

Mine is Team Magma mainly caused of their horned hoods ^-^

Also Maxie's red hair looks so legit *-*

Team Aqua is my favourite set of villains from Hoenn, although I do like Team Magma somewhat as well, just not as much cuz Team Magma's uniforms look uncomfortably warm ha ha. Team Aqua kind of has a pirate theme going on, which I really like.

Gotta go with Team Magma, because as asinine as their land growth delusions were, at least it would have greatly helped mankind unlike Team Aqua's sea rise plan.

Team Magma's goal made more sense, so i'll go with Team Magma.

I liked Team Aqua more since their designs are much cooler then Team Magma's in my opinion and their ORAS redesigns made them look a lot better personally. Plus I like the idea that they are pirates of sorts as well.

Team Magma because their designs are cool. Not to mention, land expansion makes more sense for a region with such a great amount of oceans.

Both teams are pretty ridiculous. I'll go with Aqua simply because I played Sapphire and AlphaSapphire. I also prefer pirates over... whatever Team Magma are supposed to be with their horns and such.

I prefer Aqua, more weird and mysterious. Their goal involves the sea and you might wonder why, since it's not a usual habitat.

They are kinda ridiculous compared to the earlier villains though, yea.
    { We keep praying and looking to the skies }

I like Team Aqua because of their blue costumes. I also liked using Dive to find them underwater and battle them.

Team Magma. Their goal is less crazy than Aqua, and I like their designs. Also, this is one of the reasons why I prefer to play Ruby version to the Sapphire version.

I mean both are kinda crazy, if you like them I guess you'd get used to that...

team aqua because team magma seems too sophisticated and team aqua is also kind of like team skull in their level of inteligence
    Pokemon Sun Shinies:
    (37 SOS Calls) (27 SOS Calls)

Planned Pokemon Sun Hunts:

Current Hunts: none

Team Skull are kinda sophisticated, they have some covert ties and are very good at kidnapping Lillie - unlike anime Team Rocket and Pikachu. Unless that was what you meant? Team Aqua have aims similar to the intelligent Psychic-type Mewtwo! Or to the biblical flood. They are kinda sophisticated in context!

I prefer both to Team Plasma, I don't think they seem that evil by themselves.. More like Lillie. Except used by others for evil.

I think that's sort of their strength, they are quite sinister with heat waves or floods. Team Magma are a bit more painful-sounding, but Team Aqua are using water to spread water while Magma are heating things and waiting.. By the time you saved the world, flooding would have been really bad already!! And Magma might melt ice and increase water anyway... They wouldn't have harmed the sea as much yet, maybe...

They are a bit milder in ORAS where they become friendly.. But they did start the trend of dramatic core Pokégame villains who aim for mass destruction.
    Last edited by PsychoBoost; 24th March 2017 at 3:04 PM.

Team Aqua is so funny man I love them. Team Magma was more uptight but not uptight enough because of all the memes.
    [