Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

It's silly how overpowered Beam's time stop feels once you get one of the sets with high charge speed bonuses.

However, it seems like it's practically required for the "Beat in under X seconds" challenges for most of the bosses, as many of them waste so much time with their background attacks that you simply can't afford to ever let them use them at all.

That and the true final boss is OP in its own right and can OHKO with almost all of its attacks even if you're using the best equipment, meaning it needs to be kept stopped as much as possible if you don't want the AI to be dead weight.

Only issue I have with time stop is even with the high charge equips, it can be difficult to charge it in time before a boss does something awful. Grand Doomer in particular is a giant pain, because it can at any moment rise JUST above its radius. Blocky's a pain too, it can turn invinicible at any time.

Beam in general is pretty great though, it even has pretty good DPS with the running jump attack; you can even do it twice in a row without touching the ground.

I've been rolling with Sword since I'm running through the game with my brother who's using Beam to make the most of the advantages both roles provide. AI Healer + secondary of the party leader is usually okay enough but having competent Time Beam and shield use has helped a lot as is, not to mention upgrading equipment without needing to focus on upgrading multiple roles a ton. Now that I've been going through some of the tougher enemies it's becoming more apparent how annoying the AI can get otherwise, namely when they waddle around you trying to revive you but taking 5 seconds before doing so. The 1.5x EXP boost is also great, needless to say.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

Seeing the AIs fidgit back and forth is always fun. It's like you can see them trying to resolve their priority algorithms in real time!

btw a pro tip: healer's best gear is the 7th rarity set. The charge boost it gives is obscene meaning even the AI will be shooting off the full heals in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    As for the mystery game, again, I wouldn't expect much. We just had a big Kirby game last year, and now they're expanding on two of its mini games. All of that plus BYE-BYE BOXBOY and another full scale Kirby game seems like too much for HAL.
    It's an multiplayer action game, it won't be that big. Though I have hopes for it.

I know there will be a Kirby game for the Switch. Question is will it be a main or spin-off title.
    deb

The next 3DS Kirby game will be an action fighting game.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replie...AAB2V0gMpUjtfQ

Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    The next 3DS Kirby game will be an action fighting game.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replie...AAB2V0gMpUjtfQ
    Since it's also on 3ds, I'm guessing it's using the Kirby Fighter engine, but with more kirby characters than just, uh, kirby with different powers?

Would be neat if it was its own distinct thing, though

People would be all-in on a fighting game with different characters anyway.

DDD and MK are one thing, but now they finally have a pseudo #WaddleDeeForSmashBros victory. Then there's similar-sized antagonists from recent games like Galacta Knight, Magolor, Taranza, and Susie, allies in Prince Fluff, then potential HSQ characters like Dark Meta Knight, Shadow Kirby, Adeleine, Drawcia, etc.

That alone would get interest piqued.

Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

I was going to say since its the 25th anniversary, I hope they go all out in gathering characters from all over the kirby series but I guess that's kind of redundant because the current creators love referencing like every game in some fashion. Like obviously there's a lot of Return to Dreamland bias since they're all same engine, but old bosses/characters, abilities, music, and side things like the keychains and stickers. It's nice rather than say I don't know, focusing on the first game and literally nothing else.

KFD, if nothing else, went out of its way to include stuff from Kirby's Adventure, Nightmare in Dreamland, Super Star, Dream Land 3 (including the first appearence of Rick, Coo & Kine in 3D outside the stone transformations in 64) & Kirby's Air Ride. A retail fighting game title would ideally let them go even further

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I've been rolling with Sword since I'm running through the game with my brother who's using Beam to make the most of the advantages both roles provide. AI Healer + secondary of the party leader is usually okay enough but having competent Time Beam and shield use has helped a lot as is, not to mention upgrading equipment without needing to focus on upgrading multiple roles a ton. Now that I've been going through some of the tougher enemies it's becoming more apparent how annoying the AI can get otherwise, namely when they waddle around you trying to revive you but taking 5 seconds before doing so. The 1.5x EXP boost is also great, needless to say.
    Ah, I wish my old 3DS wasn't waiting for me to get a new battery. Then my brother and I could play it together instead of taking turns!
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's nice rather than say I don't know, focusing on the first game and literally nothing else.
    There would be a surprising amount of things missing if they ever did that. For example, Copy Abilities and Meta Knight were not in the first game.

A Kirby Smash wouldn't be so bad an idea, they do have a sizeable amount of characters to play as (especially villains). Wouldn't mind playing as Magolor or Susie.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

A Kirby Smash wouldn't be so bad an idea, they do have a sizeable amount of characters to play as (especially villains). Wouldn't mind playing as Magolor or Susie.
    Now that sounds more fun than Kirby Fighters/Kirby Fighters Deluxe. I have Kirby Fighters Deluxe on my old 3DS, but I can't play it since I need to get a new battery...

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi100 View Post
    Ah, I wish my old 3DS wasn't waiting for me to get a new battery. Then my brother and I could play it together instead of taking turns!

There would be a surprising amount of things missing if they ever did that. For example, Copy Abilities and Meta Knight were not in the first game.
    I'm just bitter at Pokemon & Fire Emblem's continued insistence on referencing the first of their series' over almost everything else. FE at least balances it a little better since Awakening saved the series it gets a lot of play and Fates probably will moving forward.
    So don't mind me in that regard.

But I really appreciate how kirby for the past what 6 years has made a show of celebrating the entire series in assorted ways while also doing its own new thing for whatever game. Or taking old things and totally transforming them (Robobot's final boss, for instance). It's a nice balance!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    >Article comes from The Onion

Riiiiiiight.

Anyway, anyone get Blowout Blast? Anyone?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

All news from the Onion is a joke!! Some people on this forum just don't seem to get that.

I didn't know blast was available yet, I don't think they ever said a release date (Beside sometime in Summer).

Guys, no one would believe that Kirby was diagnosed with stomach cancer, even if they posted the article here. I find it kind of funny that we are pointed out the Onion logo more than the actual article.

Whatever...

I'm looking forward to the new teammate Kirby game. Return to Dreamland was really fun, and this one seems good with its new twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Houka View Post
    I didn't know blast was available yet, I don't think they ever said a release date (Beside sometime in Summer).
    Yeah, that's what's curious, no one is talking about Blowout Blast. There's only been a handful of reviews and no one's really discussing it online (although the latter I can't really blame because the game just isn't that noteworthy). What the hell's happening?

Yeah, that's what's curious, no one is talking about Blowout Blast. There's only been a handful of reviews and no one's really discussing it online (although the latter I can't really blame because the game just isn't that noteworthy). What the hell's happening?
    Short (even for kirby standards) score-attack based eshop title released with little fanfare. Not everything makes waves. Drum Dash DX didn't really either, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Short (even for kirby standards) score-attack based eshop title released with little fanfare. Not everything makes waves. Drum Dash DX didn't really either, honestly.
    Yeah, but a lot of gaming sites don't even have reviews for it, which is curious since it's been out everywhere for a week. Most gaming sites should have at least that much by now.

it's not like Nintendo could send out review copies early for a digital game

it's not like Nintendo could send out review copies early for a digital game
    The game doesn't take longer than a week to beat. Hell, you could beat the entire thing in an afternoon. There's really no excuse for not having reviews out yet.

I wanna comment on the new Kirby game coming for the Nintendo Switch.

HAL is really bringing back old features for it. Such as combining two abilities from Crystal Shards. This was a thing in Squeak Squad but just the swords. Next is having enemy AIs as partners from SuperStar (I always wanted this feature to return in future Kirby main games). Not to mention having 3 AI partners was originally going to be in that cancelled Kirby game for the Gamecube back in E3 2005. I'm glad they remember it since the Switch has much more CPU to handle it.

So yeah I'm excited for the Switch game. I hope the game comes out in the first half of 2018!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12