Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 256

Thread: Jan 19th: SM11 - Satoshi Visits Kaki!

  1. #1

    Default Jan 19th: SM11 - Satoshi Visits Kaki!

    There's no Pokémon School this day, so Satoshi has been training hard at Z-Moves with Professor Kukui since morning. While they're practicing, Kaki, who helps out at his family's farm, happens to pass by, and Satoshi decides to go visit his home.

    -----

    Satoshi is practicing Z-Moves with Professor Kukui when his classmate Kaki, who helps out at his family's farm and is currently in the middle of making a delivery, happens to pass by. Satoshi is interested in what Kaki tells him about the farm and goes to visit his home.

    -----

    As Satoshi is practicing Z-Moves on his day off from the Pokémon School, he spots his classmate Kaki passing by. After talking to Kaki and hearing that he helps out at his family's farm, Satoshi goes to visit him there.

    -----

    There's no Pokémon School this day, and Satoshi has been training hard at Z-Moves with his homeroom teacher Professor Kukui since morning. While he's practicing, his classmate Kaki happens to pass by, riding on his Lizardon. Kaki tells him he's helping out at his family's farm by doing a delivery. Satoshi gets interested in the farm and goes to visit Kaki. It turns out there are lots of Pokémon there.

    ------

    http://i.imgur.com/XMckjjB.jpg

    What is it that Satoshi saw at his classmate Kaki's house?!
    Satoshi and Pikachu's new adventure begins! The setting of the new adventure is the Alola region, a place filled with nature. You are surrounded by the blue sky and the blue sea wherever you go. What lies in wait for Satoshi and Pikachu here in the Alola Region? New Pokémon, new friends, and new experiences. We will depict adventurous days filled with all kinds of new things.
    There's no Pokémon School this day, and Satoshi (voiced by Rica Matsumoto) has been training hard at Z-Moves with his homeroom teacher Professor Kukui (voiced by Keiichi Nakagawa) since morning. And then, his classmate Kaki (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa) happens to pass by, riding on his Lizardon. Kaki tells him he's helping out at his family's farm by doing a delivery. Satoshi gets interested in the farm and decides to go visit Kaki. It turns out there are lots of Pokémon there. Just what kind of house is Kaki's home?


    Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
    Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
    Episode Director 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
    Animation Director 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
    Last edited by Dephender; 10th January 2017 at 6:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    I'm sure this is where Ash riding a pokemon with Kiawe during the new year special upcoming episodes trailer
    (thanks again Dephender!)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,985

    Default

    Wonder if Ash beat Hala on the first try?. I doubt he would be flying with Kiawe if he lost
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

    Feel free to add me

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    A Kiawe focus episode. I think this is the episode where Ash and Kiawe ride Charizard and Pelipper respectively (as shown in the preview).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    5,261

    Default

    Actually, I think this almost confirms Ash will lose to Hala. Why would he be practicing Breakneck Blitz if he masters it in the battle? And neither Pikachu nor Rowlet knows a Fighting type move, so he can't be practicing All-Out Pummeling. Only possibility I could see is him trying Breakneck Blitz with Rowlet but again, that seems little pointless.

    Anyway, yeah, here's the Kiawe focus episode we all wanted. Will be cool if we get to see his family. I played Moon, so I don't know if there's anything like this in Sun.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 4th January 2017 at 5:20 AM.

    ~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,906

    Default

    Surely him training his Z-moves means one of them failed in a previous battle?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Actually, I think this almost confirms Ash will lose to Hala. Why would he be practicing Breakneck Blitz if he masters it in the battle? And neither Pikachu nor Rowlet knows a Fighting type move, so he can't even use the Fighting Z-Move.

    Anyway, yeah, here's the Kiawe focus episode we all wanted. Will be cool if we get to see his family. I played Moon, so I don't know if there's anything like this in Sun.
    Or maybe Ash is practicing the Z-move with Rowlet(like shown in the preview)? I think that's also very much possible.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,985

    Default

    Doesn't Kiawe live on the second island? Does this confirm that the school will be the main setting and not just the first arc?
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

    Feel free to add me

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Doesn't Kiawe live on the second island? Does this confirm that the school will be the main setting and not just the first arc?
    Lana and Mallow live on Akala with their families, but here, they and their families live on Melemele.

    All of the main cast (except for Lillie who already lived on Melemele, just with Kukui instead of in a mansion) have been moved to Melemele.
    Click them please. Feed Scyther a Chesto Berry to wake it up.



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,188

    Default

    ^Lana and Mallow are supposed to live on the second island as well, and Mallow was shown to have a house on the current item a few episodes back.

    The wording of the summary certainly leaves the previous episodes outcome in question, why would they say Z-Moves in Plural if he only had one to work with...

    unless Hala gives him a different Z-crystal instead of the fighting one.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    5,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^Lana and Mallow are supposed to live on the second island as well, and Mallow was shown to have a house on the current item a few episodes back.

    The wording of the summary certainly leaves the previous episodes outcome in question, why would they say Z-Moves in Plural if he only had one to work with...

    unless Hala gives him a different Z-crystal instead of the fighting one.
    I guess it's also possible that Z-Move we saw in the preview really was Bloom Doom, and that's what Ash gets from Hala. That seems like a very bizarre change, though.

    We do know he can't be practicing All-Out Pummeling, however, because Ash doesn't own a Pokemon with a Fighting type move.

    ~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^Lana and Mallow are supposed to live on the second island as well, and Mallow was shown to have a house on the current item a few episodes back.

    The wording of the summary certainly leaves the previous episodes outcome in question, why would they say Z-Moves in Plural if he only had one to work with...

    unless Hala gives him a different Z-crystal instead of the fighting one.
    Yes, I think you are right. I think that somewhat confirms that Ash beats Hala in the previous episode and gets another Z-crystal.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Actually, I think this almost confirms Ash will lose to Hala. Why would he be practicing Breakneck Blitz if he masters it in the battle? And neither Pikachu nor Rowlet knows a Fighting type move, so he can't be practicing All-Out Pummeling. Only possibility I could see is him trying Breakneck Blitz with Rowlet but again, that seems little pointless.

    Anyway, yeah, here's the Kiawe focus episode we all wanted. Will be cool if we get to see his family. I played Moon, so I don't know if there's anything like this in Sun.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Sun Spoilers:
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    There's no Pokémon School this day, so Satoshi has been training hard at Z-Moves with Professor Kukui since morning. While they're practicing, Kaki, who helps out at his family's farm, happens to pass by, and Satoshi decides to go visit his home.

    -----

    Satoshi is practicing Z-Moves with Professor Kukui when his classmate Kaki, who helps out at his family's farm and is currently in the middle of making a delivery, happens to pass by. Satoshi is interested in what Kaki tells him about the farm and goes to visit his home.
    Visiting a character's house doesn't exactly scream exciting to me, but given the Z-Move connection, the tension with Satoshi and the episode's timing (just after the first trial), I think it may well prove to be apropos.
    Last edited by Citronic Gear On; 4th January 2017 at 5:42 AM.
    Citronic gear: Giving Ash sciencegasms and afros from 2013-2016.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    I'm looking forward to this episode. I've always been of the opinion that Kiawe could be one of Ash's best companions due to the Z-move rivalry.

    I think Lillie will have the best overall development this saga because of the questions they asked with SM008. But it's nice to see Kiawe get his episode. I only hope it's not as fillerish as Sophocles.
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    5,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Yes, I think you are right. I think that somewhat confirms that Ash beats Hala in the previous episode and gets another Z-crystal.
    Nah, nothings confirmed. I question the wording of the summary. All it says is he's practicing Z-Moves, which sounds like a very vague and general statement to me, like he's trying to learn more about them in general. I could be wrong because I don't know Japanese but I feel like it would have translated to "practicing his Z-Moves" or something like that if he was practicing with multiple Z-Crystals.

    I still think the battle could go either way but I still lean toward him losing for the reasons I mentioned earlier and because getting a Z-Move of a different type from Hala seems like too bizarre of a change and WAY too convenient if he just happens to get the perfect one for Rowlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Sun Spoilers:
    Good to know. Kiawe doesn't seem to be as into dancing in the anime as he is in the games but who knows? Maybe he reveals he's into dancing in this episode.

    ~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Nah, nothings confirmed. I question the wording of the summary. All it says is he's practicing Z-Moves, which sounds like a very vague and general statement to me, like he's trying to learn more about them in general. I could be wrong because I don't know Japanese but I feel like it would have translated to "practicing his Z-Moves" or something like that if he was practicing with multiple Z-Crystals.

    I still think the battle could go either way but I still lean toward him losing for the reasons I mentioned earlier and because getting a Z-Move of a different type from Hala seems like too bizarre of a change and WAY too convenient if he just happens to get the perfect one for Rowlet.
    I don't think the summary would have said Z-moves if Ash didn't get another Z-crystal. It could've then just said Z-move instead of Z-moves. I think Ash defeats Hala in the previous episode and gets another Z-crystal, maybe Grassium-Z, from Hala.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Also, I wonder how they'll redesign Kiawe's father. Lana's sisters went from the generic female Preschooler models to miniature clones of Lana.

    While in the game, Kiawe's father uses the male Breeder model: http://i.imgur.com/EMt4A24.jpg

    It's a bit weird seeing Kiawe's dad be a white blonde guy.
    Click them please. Feed Scyther a Chesto Berry to wake it up.



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guy View Post
    Also, I wonder how they'll redesign Kiawe's father. Lana's sisters went from the generic female Preschooler models to miniature clones of Lana.

    While in the game, Kiawe's father uses the male Breeder model: http://i.imgur.com/EMt4A24.jpg

    It's a bit weird seeing Kiawe's dad be a white blonde guy.
    That's his dad? Weird. Maybe Kiawe is biracial and has a darker skinned mother.
    Friend code:3454-4819-4829

    Feel free to add me

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    That's his dad? Weird. Maybe Kiawe is biracial and has a darker skinned mother.
    The woman in the back is his mother, but Kiawe is much darker than either of them.
    Click them please. Feed Scyther a Chesto Berry to wake it up.



  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    I hope we get to see a glimpse of Ash vs Kukui near the beginning. It's overdue at this point.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,570

    Default

    The mention of no school day is kind of a throw off... I mean Ash likely would train after school anyway, but the way the summary is worded makes it sound like he just wants to stay sharp... IDK whatever, sounds like an interesting episode none the less
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Flashy

    Image made by me

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrLazyEyes View Post
    I hope we get to see a glimpse of Ash vs Kukui near the beginning. It's overdue at this point.
    THANK YOU! Someone who is acknowledging the small line of Ash practicing Z moves with Prof Kukui. Some father-son teacher-student/men/whatever bonding. I'm more psyched about that even though it's going to be a small scene. I too want to see Ash and Prof Kukui battle or train.

    The Kiawe focus episode we've been waiting for has finally came. I'm interested to see what Kiawe's family looks like and the dynamics. Definitely should be different from Lady Lana's relationship with her sisters. I also can't wait to see Ash to fuhk up Kiawe's delivery missions.
    Last edited by satopi; 4th January 2017 at 6:51 AM.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

    (Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    12,736

    Default

    I'm happy we're finally getting some Kiawe focus! I'm excited!


  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    343

    Default

    That looks quite promising since Kiawe needs his own focus episode.Now only Mallow remains without an announced focus episode.
    If Ash is training the Z-moves he probably lost against Hala since he still hasn't learned how to use them properly and lost the match because of that just like I stated in the previous episode discussion.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •