Thread: Favorite Gen 4 Frontier Brain?

Default Favorite Gen 4 Frontier Brain?

Which Frontier Brain from the Gen 4 games (D/P/Pt/HG/SS) did you like the most? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

My favorite was and always will be Palmer, because he was technically the first one in Diamond and Pearl, and him being the rival's dad was cool.

I'll go with Palmer as well. I really liked how he was Barry's dad too and I've always loved his hairstyle & outfit (just makes his sprite look cool IMO).

I like the other brains as well - Thorton would probably be my next favourite.
    >>// \\<<

Has to be Palmer for me. Because... well, he's Barry's father. If I remember correctly, Barry is the only rival who has a father... or am I forgetting Bianca, Brendan/May and Silver?
    I love Canada now and forever.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Palmer is my favorite as well. I also liked how he was the father of Barry. Then I have a rather fond memory of my second battle against him in Pearl, I won that battle only because my Togekiss used Air Slash to flinch his Cresselia 6 times in a row. I felt so lucky afterwards. Finally, his quote after you beat him for the second time in D/P/P is one of my favorite quotes in the series.

Apart from Palmer, I am also a big fan of Thorton, Dahlia and Darach/Caitlin.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    I am also a big fan of Thorton, Dahlia and Darach/Caitlin.
    I never realized Caitlin was a Frontier Brain (well, sort of) in Gen 4 when I first played through the Gen 5 games, where she is one of the Unova Elite 4. But now realizing that just makes her even cooler - sort of like what they did to Koga in Gen 2, where he elevated himself to a member of the Johto E4 from being the Fuchsia Gym Leader in Gen 1.
    Last edited by NovaBrunswick; 16th February 2017 at 9:56 PM. Reason: Corrected a spelling mistake

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

I really like Darach/Caitlin for their castle setting, also butlers are cool as hell. Palmer is great as well, but not because he's Barry's father. Heck, if anything, he loses some points for that because I hate Barry lol. I just like that you can tell he's a strong trainer just from his design alone.
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

I'll go with Argenta, both because of her design and the fact she uses different Pokemon every time you battle her.

I liked Dahlia the most out of the Sinnoh/Johto Frontier Brains cuz she looked pretty and she seemed very lively as well ha ha. She gave me a hard time when I faced her in HeartGold however, tho I guess the challenge was what made the Gen 4 BF so thrilling.

Palmer is my favorite of the 5 Sinnoh Frontier Brains, only based on his relation to the D/P/Pt rival however. I only battled him once and lost, which was one of my worst D/P/Pt memories.

I like all of them equally. I think they all make a nice ensemble, especially with their different battle poses. (Used to think that Thorton shows an ID or something, before recently seeing his pre-battle dialogue on YouTube; never managed to fight him myself when I was playing SoulSilver personally.)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    I really like Darach/Caitlin for their castle setting, also butlers are cool as hell. Palmer is great as well, but not because he's Barry's father. Heck, if anything, he loses some points for that because I hate Barry lol. I just like that you can tell he's a strong trainer just from his design alone.
    And I see your avatar is Caitlin.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

I absolutely adore Dahila the most. I like her flamboyant design and her choice of Pokemon (especially Blaziken).

Dahlia, because the Battle Arcade is my all-time favorite Frontier challenge. I love the variety of possibilities and how you never know what kind of battle you'll get next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarama View Post
    I absolutely adore Dahila the most. I like her flamboyant design and her choice of Pokemon (especially Blaziken).
    I totally forgot about this when I made my previous post here. I really like the Pokemon Dahlia uses, especially the Zapdos/Blaziken/Togekiss team she uses for the gold print battle. Her silver team lineup of Duskoir/Medicham/Ludicolo is nice, too; I've enjoyed using all three of those Pokemon on ingame teams before.

Dahlia was the first Frontier Brain I got the gold print from on Platinum IIRC (if not, then she was definitely the first non-Palmer one). I remember how tough it was for me to win that print (and then I think I lost my streak on the next trainer lol).
    Oh, and her design is amazing IMO.
    >>// \\<<

Darach, just based on his butler design and his devotion to Caitlin and elegance as well. He was so classy.

Of the five, I thought Kurotsugu (Palmer) was the best with regards to his team and cheery personality. Nejiki (Thorton) was kind of interesting as well in the sense that I liked his clothing and haircut.

Dahlia since she was the most energetic of the lot and she seemed to be the hardest to beat for me which added to the fun of battling her.

Darach/Caitlin are my favorites, and I think the Battle Castle looks pretty cool. I like the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukki View Post
    Darach/Caitlin are my favorites, and I think the Battle Castle looks pretty cool. I like the concept.
    I liked Cochran (Darach), although it was somewhat irksome that Cattleya (Caitlin) was the real Frontier Brain, yet she didn't actually get to battle us in the Shinou/Jouto Battle Frontier.