Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Hoenn Gym Leader?

norman for sure. I always thought beating norman was the end of the "first half" of the game, since it's such a significant event (defeating your father) as well as getting surf + access to the second half of the region pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by thexuberant1 View Post
    I also like Tate and Liza cuz they're super cute and are the first gym leaders to have double battles.
    I agree, Tate & Liza are adorable. :)

I really liked the idea of having twin Gym Leaders. The Double Battle against them was a nice idea, too. I remember how nervous it made me back when I played Ruby, though, since I was pretty bad at Doubles back then.
    >>// \\<<

For me it's a tie between Roxanne and Winona. I also liked Norman since he was the player's dad and Juan for having that whole mentor thing with Wallace (even though I'm not a huge fan of him).

Norman is my top pick since he was a big obstacle although his team in RS was lame. He should've used more Normal Pokemon than just Slaking and Vigoroth.

Norman because of the plot importance and the fact he's your dad
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (Diamond random)

Quote Originally Posted by ᎠᎬȺᎢḤ View Post
    Norman is my top pick since he was a big obstacle although his team in RS was lame. He should've used more Normal Pokemon than just Slaking and Vigoroth.
    Senri (Norman) got a much more diverse team in Emerald version, which is a good consolation prize. His R/S team was still challenging from my point of view however, so much so that I lost to him in Sapphire version once.

Liza and Tate if we're counting them as a single entity. I could never tell which was which though lol. Liza looked almost exactly like Tate to me in RSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Liza and Tate if we're counting them as a single entity. I could never tell which was which though lol. Liza looked almost exactly like Tate to me in RSE.
    kids, you can hardly tell them apart when they are so young

I'd probably go with the tide and say Norman, as he was the only Gym Leader to actually make me sweat to get a single badge. That Slaking was so frustrating to bring down...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12