View Poll Results: What range of power is Ash-Greninja in?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weaker than any E4 lvl or higher Pokémon

5 16.13%
  • E4 non-Ace lvl

9 29.03%
  • E4 Ace lvl

7 22.58%
  • Champion Ace lvl

9 29.03%
  • Champion Mega lvl

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How strong is Ash-Greninja?

Default How strong is Ash-Greninja?

I'd say ~ Champion Ace lvl.
    Peakachu Progression: vs Surge (Kanto) -> vs Drake (OI) -> vs Clair (Johto) -> vs Tyson (Hoenn) -> vs Brandon (BF) -> vs Tobias (Sinnoh) -> vs Alain (Kalos)

A-G

Lucha

Definitely Champion Ace level. The Diantha battle proves it. It was definitely above Base Gardevoir and dealt severe damage to Mega Gardevoir knocking it of its feet.

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Definitely Champion Ace level. The Diantha battle proves it.
    I don't see how. Greninja didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    I don't see how. Greninja didn't win.
    It forced Diantha to Mega Evolve Gardevoir by overwhelming Base Gardevoir and dealt severe damage to Mega Gardevoir sending it flying back after which Ash and Greninja suddenly passed out. If they didn't pass out at that time, they could have also won as Gardevoir fell to its knees in exhaustion afterwards.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 8th January 2017 at 3:24 AM.

base Champion ace level

- A-G ~ base Gardevoir since Diantha was forced to mega-evolve to keep the battle in control.

- Strong opponents (high tier 2/low tier 1 border) like Heidayu's Bisharp/Sawyer's Sceptile get OHKOd/absolutely destroyed by it

- Fought a stronger, and much fresher Mega-Charizard X and fared just as well against it as an Elite four mega ace

I guess we need to make a thread for official tier list now

Probably around E4 level. I don't consider any of Ash's Pokemon to be at champion level, even though some of them can give the champion a good fight. It's hard to evaluate exactly how serious Diantha was against the frog, but she wasn't too serious IMO and would probably win out without too much trouble if she did go all-out.

Above Elite 4 Mega Ace given Ash-Greninja's (Water Veil) performances against Mega Charizard X who consistently performed around Elite 4 Mega Ace level.

I agree that he's still below Mega Gardevoir, not because Mega Gardevoir intentionally restrained herself, but mostly because Diantha was unnerved by the situation which caused Mega Gardevoir's power to drop as a result.

E4 non Ace lvl. It's strong but I don't think it's that strong or the illusion that it perceives itself. it'll get nerfed later on and I doubt it'll be able to defeat the Champions alone. It definitely can't top Pikachu.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-Pikachu View Post
    Above Elite 4 Mega Ace given Ash-Greninja's (Water Veil) performances against Mega Charizard X who consistently performed around Elite 4 Mega Ace level.

I agree that he's still below Mega Gardevoir, not because Mega Gardevoir intentionally restrained herself, but mostly because Diantha was unnerved by the situation which caused Mega Gardevoir's power to drop as a result.
    For the purpose of this poll, think of E4 Mega and Champion Ace as interchangeable (even if you believe they aren't).
    Peakachu Progression: vs Surge (Kanto) -> vs Drake (OI) -> vs Clair (Johto) -> vs Tyson (Hoenn) -> vs Brandon (BF) -> vs Tobias (Sinnoh) -> vs Alain (Kalos)

A-G

Lucha

Quote Originally Posted by DrLazyEyes View Post
    I guess we need to make a thread for official tier list now

Probably around E4 level. I don't consider any of Ash's Pokemon to be at champion level, even though some of them can give the champion a good fight. It's hard to evaluate exactly how serious Diantha was against the frog, but she wasn't too serious IMO and would probably win out without too much trouble if she did go all-out.
    If she could win without much trouble it doesn't explain the need for mega-evolution. It also doesn't explain how Ash-Greninja fared around just as well as an E4 mega against a MCX who did not have his stamina drained by 10 opponents prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    For the purpose of this poll, think of E4 Mega and Champion Ace as interchangeable (even if you believe they aren't).
    Then Champion Ace level then. :/

Then Champion Ace level then. :/
    Curious but between the 2 which lvl do you think is higher?

A-G

Lucha

Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Curious but between the 2 which lvl do you think is higher?
    E4 Mega personally.

E4 Mega personally.
    I actually do agree though I've since been convinced that the difference would be minor either way (they're both in the same tier). Think of Champion Ace lvl as a lower bound for A-G (ergo A-G ~ Champion Ace at a low Ball).

A-G

Lucha

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    base Champion ace level

- A-G ~ base Gardevoir since Diantha was forced to mega-evolve to keep the battle in control.

- Strong opponents (high tier 2/low tier 1 border) like Heidayu's Bisharp/Sawyer's Sceptile get OHKOd/absolutely destroyed by it

- Fought a stronger, and much fresher Mega-Charizard X and fared just as well against it as an Elite four mega ace
    I'd rather put Heidayu's Bisharp as Tier 1. What do you say? A Pokemon that easily overwhelmed 3 Pokemon in a 3 vs 1 battle is Tier 1 in my opinion.

I'd rather put Heidayu's Bisharp as Tier 1. What do you say? A Pokemon that easily overwhelmed 3 Pokemon in a 3 vs 1 battle is Tier 1 in my opinion.
    Alan's Bisharp can easily defeat that worthless piece of sharp metal.

Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by satoharupika View Post
    Alan's Bisharp can easily defeat that worthless piece of sharp metal.
    Alain's Bisharp is strong, but taking down 2 Pokemon one by one<<<overwhelming 3 Pokemon at once. Since, I would say Heidayu's Bisharp is stronger.

E4 non-Ace lvl.I don't consider any of Ash's pokemon being Champion Ace lvl .But he is still one of Ash's best pokemon he ever had.

Alain's Bisharp is strong, but taking down 2 Pokemon one by one<<<overwhelming 3 Pokemon at once. Since, I would say Heidayu's Bisharp is stronger.
    One Guillotine, that's all it takes. You're seriously underestimating Alan's Bisharp's worth based on a multiple battle rather than a 1 v 1.

One Guillotine, that's all it takes. You're seriously underestimating Alan's Bisharp's worth based on a multiple battle rather than a 1 v 1.
    Well, but said Bisharp went down to a single Water Shuriken from base Greninja. I know you are a big Alain fan but please judge what I have said.

After battling Goodra and Hawlucha...and it being boosted by rain which Sawyer points out...

Anyway, E4 non-ace level. I'm a Charisexual, sue me. I think Greninja's strong, but not ace strong.
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    After battling Goodra and Hawlucha...and it being boosted by rain which Sawyer points out...

Anyway, E4 non-ace level. I'm a Charisexual, sue me. I think Greninja's strong, but not ace strong.
    Yes, but that doesn't compare to Heidayu's Bisharp's feat who overwhelmed 3 Pokemon (Ash's Pikachu+Frogadier+Sanpei's Greninja) in a 3 vs 1 battle and had them on the ropes.

Yes, but that doesn't compare to Heidayu's Bisharp's feat who overwhelmed 3 Pokemon (Ash's Pikachu+Frogadier+Sanpei's Greninja) in a 3 vs 1 battle and had them on the ropes.
    Yeah because a Pokémon making it in the Finals doesn't compare to the Pokémon owned by the bad guy of the day.
    Not really. Neither of them fainted or were on the verge (maybe that Greninja) and yet, Frogadier blocked its Shadow Claw head on with its bare arms and blew it away in the midst of evolving.
    Last edited by satopi; 8th January 2017 at 9:18 AM.

Yeah because a Pokémon making it in the Finals doesn't compare to the Pokémon owned by the bad guy of the day.
    Not really. Neither of them fainted or were on the verge (maybe that Greninja) and yet, Frogadier blocked its Shadow Claw head on with its bare arms and blew it away in the midst of evolving.
    But they were struggling to stand up, especially Pikachu and Sanpei's Greninja. Frogadier could block it because of power of evolving. Base Greninja couldn't take it down and had to transform into Ash-Greninja to defeat it. But Alain's Bisharp defeated Hawlucha and Goodra and then lost easily to base Greninja.

But they were struggling to stand up, especially Pikachu and Sanpei's Greninja. Frogadier could block it because of power of evolving. Base Greninja couldn't take it down and had to transform into Ash-Greninja to defeat it.
    No, it didn't transform into Ash Greninja just because it had to but because it just so happened to be activated. A regular Cut would've been just as good as Ash Greninja using the same move, excusing the plot armor.

But Alain's Bisharp defeated Hawlucha and Goodra and then lost easily to base Greninja.
    That's because of Goodra's Rain Dance which powered up Water Type moves.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast