Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March Plot Discussion

Default March Plot Discussion

It's January! It's a new year! And now, it's a new Pokespe.

B2W2 chapter 11 will be up on Sunday Webry in about a minute or so. Please discuss when it's out.

Hmm? The site says the next update will be on February 7th?! The Pokespe site said the next update will be on the 21st.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 9th January 2017 at 4:04 PM.

The next chapter is on 02.07.

A whole freakin' month.
    They're really pulling it too hard...

Anyone still believing that BW2 is gonna be more than two volumes long? They wouldn't stretch it in time so badly if they had material for more than just one new volume.
    Last edited by Maxim; 9th January 2017 at 4:07 PM.
    I don't come here as often as I used to, do I?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    The next chapter is on 02.07.

A whole freakin' month.
    They're really pulling it too hard...

Anyone still believing that it's gonna be more than two volumes long?
    Here's a better idea. Stop.

Enough. I am getting sick and tired of your constant fear mongering.

You're scared of this ending up rushed. We get it. You're scared. I'm scared. A lot of us are scared.

But constantly exploding "B2W2 is doomed" every single time it updates has run its course.

It's obnoxious. Now stop.

Okay, I'll stop. I guess there's no need to convince anyone anymore.

But what annoys me even more is how they're wasting opportunities. The manga still has so much to show in Unova, like the entirety of Eastern Unova (with some fan-favorite locations like Village Bridge) and I'm not even mentioning PWT, yet they're wasting time on some completely unnecessary return to Castelia. They could've put those Plasma Sages just anywhere. This arc of the manga is so obviously unplanned...
    I don't come here as often as I used to, do I?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Okay, I'll stop. I guess there's no need to convince anyone anymore.

But what annoys me even more is how they're wasting opportunities. The manga still has so much to show in Unova, like the entirety of Eastern Unova (with some fan-favorite locations like Village Bridge) and I'm not even mentioning PWT, yet they're wasting time on some completely unnecessary return to Castelia. They could've put those Plasma Sages just anywhere. This arc of the manga is so obviously unplanned...
    Thank you.

As for locations, I don't really care. There are so many places in many Pokemon games that I don't really care if certain ones show up or not at this point. The Village Bridge is nothing more than a post-game location. It serves no purpose in the grand scheme of things.

You're also forgetting that the Castelia Sewers are also connected to Driftveil City. And what is in Driftveil that's important to the plot of B2W2?

The B2W2 is a school life story. I'm enjoying it for it trying to be different. At least they haven't ditched them going to school and actually has it tie into where they go.

And there's still the cultural festival. It's not ending now.

Also, just as a reference, this chapter covered previews 6 and 7 out of 9.

Chapters 8 and 9 covered the first four previews with two each. Chapter 10 only covered one.

Here's the previews for this month.

And then the last two.

The new chapter is out here the link for it https://www.sunday-webry.com/comics/...sp_b2w2/ep011/ and I have no idea what is happening but I'm gonna wait for a summary

The 1/21 release date given by the Pokespe site does not coincide with the usual schedule of releasing chapters on Tuesdays (1/21 it's Saturday)
    So either that release date was a mistake made by whoever updates the site or the next chapter is not getting released in Sunday Webry (Isn't the 21th when usually CoroCoro gets released?)

Also, i don't think B2W2 will be a rushed chapter. If anything the pacing so far shows that they're taking their sweet time with the story. Otherwise Kyurem and the main conflict would be featured by now.
    Last edited by Beat!; 9th January 2017 at 6:36 PM.

One ORAS chapter updated on a Friday, so it's not impossible for a non-Tuesday update.

Also, I just checked the site.

It says chapter 12 will update on 1月21日 (火), which is January 21st (Tuesday). That's...not right.

So the Saturday update was either a mistake or the schedule was changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    One ORAS chapter updated on a Friday, so it's not impossible for a non-Tuesday update.

Also, I just checked the site.

It says chapter 12 will update on 1月21日 (火), which is January 21st (Tuesday). That's...not right.

So the Saturday update was either a mistake or the schedule was changed since then.
    21st is Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by valvenya View Post
    21st is Saturday
    Yes, I'm aware. What is your point?

Text Translation (might be inaccurate in some places. Haven't gotten other translator to double check)

EDIT: This is an outdated version. Updated version somewhere floating on the web c:
        Spoiler:- 1:
    Last edited by Ryousha; 10th January 2017 at 5:26 AM.

Brief summary:

It turns out that Hugh's little sister has snuck onto the liner en route to Castelia. Apparently she has become worried because Hugh stopped his regular contacts (ever since he found the locket and was obsessed with finding the owner), and the fact that they didn't really get to talk during the Choral Competition. Hugh couldn't really blame his sister, but couldn't really bring himself to tell her the reason either (so he made up excuses about busy school work). In truth, he has been waiting to get Purrloin back before he reveals the truth to her. He promises to figure out how to bring her along in Castelia, and gets her to hide for now. Upon arrival, Leo's Deino accidentally frightens Hugh's little sister (due to her previous encounter with TP's Deino), she nearly fell into the sea but Leo saved her. We get the talk on how Pokemon are not evil but only depends on the trainer. Hugh then shocked Leo when he bowed and begged him to help him keep a secret of his sister's presence, and Leo naturally agreed to help.

Pop Roxie will return to pick them up in one week's time. It is revealed that the reason Roxie feels thankful to Lack-two and Whi-two is that, like the games, her father was about to quit his job as a captain to spend his days making films. After seeing the highly appraised film of the two, he realized he would never be as good and thus gave up on acting. Whi-two only then realized that the clip was everywhere. Although it was her intention to let N see and notice her, she fret at the thought of N seeing her interaction with Lack-two. The class went separate ways, and Roxie suddenly found one of the organization committee members struck down, whom they were supposed to meet upon arrival. The man revealed that he was ambushed, and his Karrablast was taken away, or 'liberated' as his attackers claimed. The word instantly sparked different emotions in Lack-two, Whi-two and Hugh, and Roxie realized that the enemy must lurk at the Sewers after recognizing the attacks as Muk's. While Leo stayed behind to guard Hugh's sister and the girls to guard the injured man, everyone decided to join, but clearly for different reasons. Hugh was anxious to finally confront Team Plasma, Whi-two was hoping to find someone who would know of N's whereabouts, and Lack-two was a bit annoyed that there were too many people (obstacles) in this mission.

At the Sewers, Roxie revealed that the paths clear up depending on the tide and season, and they were soon attacked by a group of Muks, led by TP Grunts under Ryoku and Bronius. Lack-two saw that the Grunts wore new uniforms like the two who commanded Tornadus, and Hugh charged into his enemies with his Vibrava, only to get separated by the group. Yet, he was found by Looker, who recognized that Hugh knew something about Team Plasma, forcing him to talk.

Meanwhile, Colress found Zinzolin at the Cold Storage. Apparently, Zinzolin's ideals departed from Ghetsis's, starting even 5 years ago, and Colress wanted to know how far he has gone regarding the deal about Kyurem, the third dragon...

======================================

Regarding the next release date, I'm starting to think the writers simply read the calendar wrong or something, since Feb 21 is going to be a Tuesday, although this wouldn't explain the prolongation of release intervals. Honestly, my disappointment about this tardiness of the writers is rearing its ugly head once more. From the previews, all the chapters we had so far (and probably the upcoming 1-2 chapters) have all been done at least 6 months ago. At most they need some touch ups as the previews basically look identical to what we've gotten.

Let's do the math. Assuming they haven't really worked on B2W2 since the last preview on the official site, and these previews actually cover 2 more chapters, which are likely going to come early Feb and hopefully late Feb, the next time they actually publish something new they've done since the announcement of B2W2's revival would be like March? Exactly what have they been doing in Dec, Jan and Feb? There is only one monthly magazine carrying PKSP currently. Are two monthly chapters becoming too much for the duo now?

I apologize for the rant.

Coronis~

Yes, I'm aware. What is your point?
    1月21日 (火), which is January 21st (Tuesday)
    I guess it was just a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Brief summary:

It turns out that Hugh's little sister has snuck onto the liner en route to Castelia. Apparently she has become worried because Hugh stopped his regular contacts (ever since he found the locket and was obsessed with finding the owner), and the fact that they didn't really get to talk during the Choral Competition. Hugh couldn't really blame his sister, but couldn't really bring himself to tell her the reason either (so he made up excuses about busy school work). In truth, he has been waiting to get Purrloin back before he reveals the truth to her. He promises to figure out how to bring her along in Castelia, and gets her to hide for now. Upon arrival, Leo's Deino accidentally frightens Hugh's little sister (due to her previous encounter with TP's Deino), she nearly fell into the sea but Leo saved her. We get the talk on how Pokemon are not evil but only depends on the trainer. Hugh then shocked Leo when he bowed and begged him to help him keep a secret of his sister's presence, and Leo naturally agreed to help.

Pop Roxie will return to pick them up in one week's time. It is revealed that the reason Roxie feels thankful to Lack-two and Whi-two is that, like the games, her father was about to quit his job as a captain to spend his days making films. After seeing the highly appraised film of the two, he realized he would never be as good and thus gave up on acting. Whi-two only then realized that the clip was everywhere. Although it was her intention to let N see and notice her, she fret at the thought of N seeing her interaction with Lack-two. The class went separate ways, and Roxie suddenly found one of the organization committee members struck down, whom they were supposed to meet upon arrival. The man revealed that he was ambushed, and his Karrablast was taken away, or 'liberated' as his attackers claimed. The word instantly sparked different emotions in Lack-two, Whi-two and Hugh, and Roxie realized that the enemy must lurk at the Sewers after recognizing the attacks as Muk's. While Leo stayed behind to guard Hugh's sister and the girls to guard the injured man, everyone decided to join, but clearly for different reasons. Hugh was anxious to finally confront Team Plasma, Whi-two was hoping to find someone who would know of N's whereabouts, and Lack-two was a bit annoyed that there were too many people (obstacles) in this mission.

At the Sewers, Roxie revealed that the paths clear up depending on the tide and season, and they were soon attacked by a group of Muks, led by TP Grunts under Ryoku and Bronius. Lack-two saw that the Grunts wore new uniforms like the two who commanded Tornadus, and Hugh charged into his enemies with his Vibrava, only to get separated by the group. Yet, he was found by Looker, who recognized that Hugh knew something about Team Plasma, forcing him to talk.

Meanwhile, Colress found Zinzolin at the Cold Storage. Apparently, Zinzolin's ideals departed from Ghetsis's, starting even 5 years ago, and Colress wanted to know how far he has gone regarding the deal about Kyurem, the third dragon...

======================================

Regarding the next release date, I'm starting to think the writers simply read the calendar wrong or something, since Feb 21 is going to be a Tuesday, although this wouldn't explain the prolongation of release intervals. Honestly, my disappointment about this tardiness of the writers is rearing its ugly head once more. From the previews, all the chapters we had so far (and probably the upcoming 1-2 chapters) have all been done at least 6 months ago. At most they need some touch ups as the previews basically look identical to what we've gotten.

Let's do the math. Assuming they haven't really worked on B2W2 since the last preview on the official site, and these previews actually cover 2 more chapters, which are likely going to come early Feb and hopefully late Feb, the next time they actually publish something new they've done since the announcement of B2W2's revival would be like March? Exactly what have they been doing in Dec, Jan and Feb? There is only one monthly magazine carrying PKSP currently. Are two monthly chapters becoming too much for the duo now?

I apologize for the rant.

Coronis~

Hm, but GSC during its run ran 80 chapters or so in like 2 years. Wouldn't that imply they were a bi-weekly thing? If they could juggle that a decade ago, I'm sure they can now too.

The way I see it is that this is padding. It's entirely possible that they're working on volume 54, but aren't 100% done with it.

Even if we did have to wait two years for the new material, it doesn't really make much sense to just burn through all of it once the publication restarts. Because then we'd have to wait again for the next one.

Plus, they need to actually prepare to release the actual volume. Right now, all we have are the individual chapters. They don't even have names like they usually do. The current publication is being treated as if it's a regular magazine publication.

I do have to wonder how many chapters volume 53 will have. The average length of the recent chapters are around 17 pages. That's a bit shorter than what usually runs in CoroCoro Ichiban. So could we be looking at an 8 chapter volume? That'd be nice since we've been having so many 6 chapter ones (or will have, since this technically comes before those).

Quote Originally Posted by valvenya View Post
    I guess it was just a mistake.
    I was translating what the site said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryousha View Post
    Hm, but GSC during its run ran 80 chapters or so in like 2 years. Wouldn't that imply they were a bi-weekly thing? If they could juggle that a decade ago, I'm sure they can now too.
    Yeah, but that was over a decade and a half ago.

Isn't Yamamoto in his fifties now? He's clearly well enough to do work just fine, but I sometimes worry how much he can handle. It's a good thing he has assistants now.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 10th January 2017 at 7:03 PM.

The way I see it is that this is padding. It's entirely possible that they're working on volume 54, but aren't 100% done with it.

Even if we did have to wait two years for the new material, it doesn't really make much sense to just burn through all of it once the publication restarts. Because then we'd have to wait again for the next one.

Plus, they need to actually prepare to release the actual volume. Right now, all we have are the individual chapters. They don't even have names like they usually do. The current publication is being treated as if it's a regular magazine publication.

I do have to wonder how many chapters volume 53 will have. The average length of the recent chapters are around 17 pages. That's a bit shorter than what usually runs in CoroCoro Ichiban. So could we be looking at an 8 chapter volume? That'd be nice since we've been having so many 6 chapter ones (or will have, since this technically comes before those).

I was translating what the site said.

Yeah, but that was over a decade and a half ago.

Isn't Yamamoto in his fifties now? He's clearly well enough to do work just fine, but I sometimes worry how much he can handle. It's a good thing he has assistants now.
    Ah, I wouldn't know anything about stuff that was before my time, aha.

I think ORAS and XY was definitely too much for him to handle. What does his assistants do? Do they help draw?

Ah, I wouldn't know anything about stuff that was before my time, aha.

I think ORAS and XY was definitely too much for him to handle. What does his assistants do? Do they help draw?
    Yeah. If you look closely in crowds of people, they seem to be drawn by someone else.

Like, for example, page ten of yesterday's B2W2 chapter. The crowd of kids is a different art style.

I think that the perfect time for Kusaka and Yamamoto to announce something important like a new magazine or volume 53 would be at around March, during the series' 20th anniversary. I know they'll host a fan meeting for the occasion, but hey, we can dream, right?

So wait are we waiting an extra month for the next BW2 chapter or do we just not know?

Also, what day of the week do Sun and Moon chapters get released?

Yeah. If you look closely in crowds of people, they seem to be drawn by someone else.

Like, for example, page ten of yesterday's B2W2 chapter. The crowd of kids is a different art style.
    Oh neat.

Quote Originally Posted by pika09 View Post
    I think that the perfect time for Kusaka and Yamamoto to announce something important like a new magazine or volume 53 would be at around March, during the series' 20th anniversary. I know they'll host a fan meeting for the occasion, but hey, we can dream, right?
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    So wait are we waiting an extra month for the next BW2 chapter or do we just not know?

Also, what day of the week do Sun and Moon chapters get released?
    21st. Leaks come out on 19th. Lolipiece will post it when it happens. Might take a few days cause I'm not down for 1-day shipping $20 shipping.

I wonder if Nanu will make an appearance sometime in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I wonder if Nanu will make an appearance sometime in this arc.
    He actually already did appear in the last part of chapter 2.

is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    is that true?
    Yes. (had to link to the scanlation page sorry)
    Last edited by lolipiece; 12th January 2017 at 3:44 PM.

At its peak (in terms of publication), PKSP was carried by three (sometimes four) monthly grade magazines, which despite some overlap, gave us 3-4 chapters per month. For RGB, Yellow and most part of RS, all three magazines were dedicated to that one arc and thus we get a very large amount of chapters for those arcs, but with slightly smaller page counts per chapter. We then had a period where each magazine was dedicated to a different arc, most notably during the concurrent RS, FRLG and Emerald run. By DP, all 3 magazines were serializing the same arc again, but at around the time Platinum and HGSS came out, these monthly magazines got cancelled one by one due to falling sales. One grade magazine remained and PKSP was picked up by Corocoro Ichiban, as well as a non-regular release of Pokemon Fan, which reduced the effective monthly chapters to 2. Platinum and HGSS were thus both heavily editted in the actual volume version after their magazine runs ended prematurely or abruptly, partially due to BW's release. It was speculated that the writers were forced to start serializing BW alongside the game release and had to end both Platinum and HGSS before their formal end.

BW had a fairly stable release of two-chapters per month until that final monthly grade magazine was also dropped, reducing BW to one stable monthly chapter and a somewhat bi-monthly Pokemon Fan chapter. B2W2 was started very late, actually after XY was already on the horizon, making it the shortest magazine run (5) before both Ichiban and Fan became XY-oriented. For XY, Fan only carried 7 chapters before it stopped carrying PKSP. That's when the online ORAS serialization began.

All in all, the writers were capable of getting out 3-4 chapters per month in the past, but they were shorter in length and they had more channels to do so. The only reason I'm disappointed is with a regular platform like Webry, it is really the writers' decision to cut down the production rate, unless, of course, a more frequent new material release on the Webry possibly charge them more, and the writers are doing this to reduce cost. I'm not sure exactly who's paying who in these online manga serializations.

Coronis~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast